Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 08:36:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 847892 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #1900 on: May 24, 2005, 06:01:26 PM »

Raw was pretty awesome last night with Triple H returning. He is always at his best in a Hell in a Cell and I wouldnt be surprised if he takes the title back this time..

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1901 on: May 24, 2005, 06:23:37 PM »

Raw was pretty awesome last night with Triple H returning. He is always at his best in a Hell in a Cell and I wouldnt be surprised if he takes the title back this time..
I think he's nearly guaranteed to get it back, if he lost again that would be the 3rd time he'd jobbed to him in a row and somehow i can't see him doing that.  HHH has been hit and miss in HIAC matches if you ask me, he was great with Cactus Jack & HBK and in Armageddon 2000 but his matches with Chris Jericho & Kevin Nash sucked, and looking at Batista's physique and reportoire of moves i don't have high expectations of this one.  See Trips is at the stage where his body is getting broken down more easily and he can't take the same bumps he could in his decent HIAC matches, they were good because he was put with someone prepared to take the bumps....Batista is not one of those people, this match will have loads of blood like the I Quit last sunday to make up for the lack of mobility the 2 guys have around the ring and cell.
Evolution
« Reply #1902 on: May 24, 2005, 06:42:19 PM »

Raw was pretty good last night.

Who thinks the ECW ppv is probabloy going to suck?
Me, Vince is already tampering with it...letting Bischoff have a RAW Invasion....we don't get it in the UK which sucks to.

Sky Sports 1, 1am on Sunday June 12th Stoned ok

The HIAC will be decent at best i feel, anything would be better than HHH/Nash. Its telling when the high point is a ref bump
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1903 on: May 24, 2005, 07:32:43 PM »

Raw was pretty good last night.

Who thinks the ECW ppv is probabloy going to suck?
Me, Vince is already tampering with it...letting Bischoff have a RAW Invasion....we don't get it in the UK which sucks to.
Sky Sports 1, 1am on Sunday June 12th Stoned ok
You sure man? I thought it would be but about a week or 2 ago i read that we weren't going to get it over here.
Evolution
« Reply #1904 on: May 24, 2005, 10:26:01 PM »

You sure man? I thought it would be but about a week or 2 ago i read that we weren't going to get it over here.

i heard same but seems we do get it Wink

Judgment Day SUNDAY, 22 MAY
LIVE AT 1 AM ON SKY BOX OFFICE

ECW One Night Stand  SUNDAY, 12 JUNE
LIVE AT 1 AM ON SKY SPORTS 

Vengeance SUNDAY, 26 JUNE

The Great American Bash  SUNDAY, 24 JULY

SummerSlam SUNDAY, 21 AUGUST

Unforgiven SUNDAY, 18 SEPTEMBER

No Mercy  SUNDAY, 9 OCTOBER

Survivor Series  SUNDAY, 27 NOVEMBER

Armageddon SUNDAY, 18 DECEMBER

http://www.wwe.com/schedules/ppv/region_9.jsp?country=United%20Kingdom

anyone planned to go 2 any of Smackdown house events? The draw of Steve Austin has me going to Aberdeen once again ok
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1905 on: May 24, 2005, 11:02:21 PM »

i heard same but seems we do get it Wink

Judgment Day SUNDAY, 22 MAY

ECW One Night Stand? SUNDAY, 12 JUNE
LIVE AT 1 AM ON SKY SPORTS?

Vengeance SUNDAY, 26 JUNE
LIVE AT 1 AM ON SKY BOX OFFICE?

The Great American Bash? SUNDAY, 24 JULY

SummerSlam SUNDAY, 21 AUGUST

Unforgiven SUNDAY, 18 SEPTEMBER

No Mercy? SUNDAY, 9 OCTOBER

Survivor Series? SUNDAY, 27 NOVEMBER

Armageddon SUNDAY, 18 DECEMBER

http://www.wwe.com/schedules/ppv/region_9.jsp?country=United%20Kingdom

anyone planned to go 2 any of Smackdown house events? The draw of Steve Austin has me going to Aberdeen once again ok
Nah....too much travelling for me...great news on us getting that PPV that list has just reminded me of how many we have to pay for...fuck at ?15 a time they better be good.
Evolution
« Reply #1906 on: May 24, 2005, 11:56:20 PM »

I might shell out for Vengeance, probably Summerslam and Survivor Series but the single brand PPV's can forget it
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1907 on: May 27, 2005, 12:01:46 PM »

I might shell out for Vengeance, probably Summerslam and Survivor Series but the single brand PPV's can forget it
Don't be so quick to judge Evo dude you never know they could be good, if the product picks up they might be worth the money last time i failed to pay for one was The Great American Bash the line-up has to be real bad for me not to bother...to much of a die-hard fan i'll probably keep watching until the day i die...or the company does.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1908 on: May 28, 2005, 08:55:51 AM »

5 Matches have been confirmed by WWE.com

ECW: One Night Stand

Lance Storm with Dawn Marie vs Chris Jericho

Extreme Luchador Action:
Rey Mysterio vs Psychosis

A 3 Way Dance:
Super Crazy vs Tajiri with Sinister Minister vs Little Guido

Eddie Guerrero vs Chris Benoit

Tommy Dreamer/The Sandman vs Bubba/D-Von Dudley

ECW One Night Stand will feature special appearances by:
Paul Heyman
The return to PPV of Rob Van Dam with Bill Alfonso
Tazz
Spike Dudley

Al Snow with Head
Sabu
Balls Mahoney

Danny Doring and Roadkill
CW Anderson
Rhyno
Joel Gertner
Axl Rotten
Justin Credible
Kid Kash
Masato Tanaka

Mikey Whipwreck with Sinister Minister
The BWO - Big Stevie Cool, Hollywood Nova, and The Blue Guy

That is a pretty cool line-up so far Benoit & Mysterio's matches could turn out to be match of the year candidates if done right...let's hope they are...i'm still skeptical about this PPV on paper it looks good but i hate this whole RAW Invasion bullshit it should be ECW only, the hand of Vince i feel is going to potentially wreck the PPV.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 10:10:06 AM by Stoned » Logged
Evolution
« Reply #1909 on: May 28, 2005, 01:14:58 PM »

Extreme Luchador Action:
Rey Mysterio vs Psychosis

A 3 Way Dance:
Super Crazy vs Tajiri with Sinister Minister vs Little Guido

These 2 should be crackers. Hopefully the casual fans with take note of the like of Little "Nunzio" Guido's performance and give him larger reactions on SD after the PPV.

Now with Angle leading a SD crew into the event i feel the actual ECW anticipation will be over shadowed Undecided

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #1910 on: May 28, 2005, 01:25:56 PM »

They should have just let the ECW ppv stand on it's on .

Having raw and smackdown guys show up to cause trouble is stupid.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1911 on: May 29, 2005, 09:38:21 AM »

Triple H and Stephanie McMahon are expected to be at the U2 concert tonight at Boston's TD Banknorth Garden (a/k/a the FleetCenter) according to Friday's Boston Herald.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Evolution
« Reply #1912 on: May 30, 2005, 06:59:44 AM »

Source: WrestlingObserver

Although it's hardly confirmed, there's a feeling that WWE really needs to send some big names to SmackDown! in the upcoming Draft Lottery.

While SmackDown! technically draws more weekly viewers than RAW, the feeling is that, at least within the diehard wrestling community, it never really represents "must see" TV. Most view RAW as the destination to see bigger names involved in more high-profile storylines.

With SmackDown! moving to a very unattractive Friday timeslot, which definitely threatens its appeal to teenage males, the feeling is that WWE needs to give viewers a reason to carry over to the Friday slot this fall. Giving the show a big-time, "can't miss" feel would definitely help.

Some backstage worry that instead of sending larger names over, WWE will send "rising stars" to SmackDown! as an attempt to give them more exposure. Considering WWE's track record of producing stars from scratch over the past few years, there is a feeling of pessimism over WWE's ability to provide the necessary boost in SD's star power without actually sending established names to the UPN show.

Without a doubt Sd needs big stars!

HBK,Christian,Jericho etc to Smackdown i feel.

I also believe that in terms of young talent SD more than enough so i can only really see major stars jumping to the blue
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1913 on: May 30, 2005, 04:47:06 PM »

If those 3 switched i might pick Smackdown over Raw, Smackdown has a stronger tag division, cruiserweights are better than the female division and JBL & Cena are much more fresh than HHH & Batista.

Smackdown Tag: Bashams, Dudley Boyz, MNM, Haas & Holly, Nunzio & Funaki.
Raw Tag: La Resistance, The Superheroes, The Heartthrobs, Simon Dean & Maven, Regal & Tajiri.
Nearly every team on Smackdown is better than Raw's best team.

Lita vs Trish or Paul London vs Chavo Guerrero?  It's no competition.  I actually watched Smackdown the other night and did not flick over once the show was class and i was glued to my screen.

Monday Night Wars Returning?
05/30/2005 - TNA is expected to announce a new television clearance this week. We expect the Monday Night War to heat up again, although far scaled down from what WCW once was.

According to The Between the Ropes radio show, TNA sources are indicating the company will clear WGN on Mondays from 8-10 PM starting 6/20. As of right now, TNA would continue to run out of Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.

WGN is a Superstation similar to WTBS in its earlier incarnations, is owned by the Tribune Corporation. The channel is not viewable in many markets in the Northeast including New York and Boston.
Evolution
« Reply #1914 on: May 31, 2005, 04:45:49 PM »

Credit: LiveAudioWrestling.com

A memo was sent to WWE V.P. of talent relations (Jim Ross old position) Johnny Ace, last week to get on the ball with the signing of C.M. Punk, Samoa Joe, and Bryan Danielson (aka American Dragon).

The reason for the hurry? WWE has apparently received word that TNA is trying to sign all three stars, who are known for their indy work and a lot for their great work in ROH (Ring of Honor).

C.M. Punk has been working a lot of dark matches and Heat matches for WWE lately, but has worked in the past with TNA as well.

So, the race is on. Will WWE or the TV-less TNA sign these three young stars? Time will tell.

I say do it, good additions to SD
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1915 on: May 31, 2005, 05:48:01 PM »

Too many signings...all good people but more firings are needed first!

Raw was awful last night only one good match the triple threat, without stars like HBK & Orton, Raw seemed very weak last night, Smackdown is so much better!
Evolution
« Reply #1916 on: May 31, 2005, 07:58:00 PM »

They should dump the hollywood booking squad ok

Get Heyman,Bischoff and veteran wrestlers to give ideas etc. with help from the road agents or something.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1917 on: May 31, 2005, 10:45:46 PM »

Exactly when the brand split first happened Heyman was in charge of Smackdown's writing and it was great, things went down when he was removed he's great with ideas and pushing the right guys.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1918 on: June 02, 2005, 07:24:42 PM »

Credit: PWInsider.com

Adding to a report broken on this website earlier in the week, PWInsider cites WWE sources who are expressing much frustration over the ECW PPV. What was originally viewed as a heavily-anticipated show has lost quite a bit of luster amongst those backstage, with some even 'dreading' the PPV.

The original idea was for the PPV to be a legitimate "ECW-style" show full of input from Tommy Dreamer and Paul Heyman. However, when the show failed to sellout in the first week of ticket availability (many blame the $400 price tag), WWE made the call to include some WWE workers and step back from the pure-ECW format. When that didn't increase buzz, WWE was forced to drop some of the ticket prices and include wrestlers from both WWE rosters in "invasion" storylines.

Much of the show will now be in the hands of the WWE creative team, which has not recently impressed those in the industry. As the PPV approaches, the show that was supposed to be a throwback to the ECW days is becoming more and more like a traditional WWE PPV.

no rant They're so fucking stupid as if an 'invasion' would help increase sales, it's damn obvious that it was the price tag and fans being sceptical that WWE would do something like this...they're gonna totally wreck this and just tarnish ECW's memory and WWE's.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #1919 on: June 02, 2005, 07:29:56 PM »

Credit: PWInsider.com

Adding to a report broken on this website earlier in the week, PWInsider cites WWE sources who are expressing much frustration over the ECW PPV. What was originally viewed as a heavily-anticipated show has lost quite a bit of luster amongst those backstage, with some even 'dreading' the PPV.

The original idea was for the PPV to be a legitimate "ECW-style" show full of input from Tommy Dreamer and Paul Heyman. However, when the show failed to sellout in the first week of ticket availability (many blame the $400 price tag), WWE made the call to include some WWE workers and step back from the pure-ECW format. When that didn't increase buzz, WWE was forced to drop some of the ticket prices and include wrestlers from both WWE rosters in "invasion" storylines.

Much of the show will now be in the hands of the WWE creative team, which has not recently impressed those in the industry. As the PPV approaches, the show that was supposed to be a throwback to the ECW days is becoming more and more like a traditional WWE PPV.

no rant They're so fucking stupid as if an 'invasion' would help increase sales, it's damn obvious that it was the price tag and fans being sceptical that WWE would do something like this...they're gonna totally wreck this and just tarnish ECW's memory and WWE's.

Fuckin' figuers that they would mess it up . Sad

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: