Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:28:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 848142 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1760 on: March 06, 2005, 09:36:39 AM »

IF, and thats a big if they can keep it down to 10 matches it should be okay, last year there were 12 matches i believe on a 5 hour show and alot of them - both tag title matches and the cruiserweight open were rushed and lost in it. However WrestleMania x-seven had 10 matches on a 4 hour show and was the best WM of all time. But there was no pipers pit, hall of fame, hogan segment(almost certain), usual diva crap etc.... There was, however a live performance of Motorhead! - maybe thats an omen. This card has all the hallmarks of another wrestlemania X-seven, i know thats over hyping and we did the same last year and it was relatively poor, but with the match types, variety etc on offer and possibility of some classic matches it could at least be as good as WM XIX, another stunner - maybe all the odd numbered shows surpass the hype and the even ones dont quite make it!
Nah the 2 worst Mania's of all time were odd numbers 9 & 11
Evolution
« Reply #1761 on: March 06, 2005, 11:15:36 AM »

Im guessing Show/Akebono will be short due to obvious fatigue both men will get early on.

The show is looking like a cracker already although the world and wwe tag belt matches(if booked) will feature hashed together teams like usual Undecided

When thinking about this card i can't see a place for Edge except for the ladder match but he may have fucked his push if the Edge/Lita affair is true due to WWE being very pissed at him Tongue
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #1762 on: March 06, 2005, 11:38:13 AM »

Yup Show v Akebono will be short but i'm not bothered that it's on the show like some people are, it keeps big show away from the good superstars and out of other matches, and also it is something different, something special if you will for WrestleMania, hope they reinforce the ring mind!

I hope Edge is in that ladder match because I want to see him do that awesome spear off the ladder to someone dangling from the belts, he did it to Jeff Hardy at WM X-seven and was one of the best moves ive ever seen.

Would it surprise you if Vinc e turned this Matt/Lita/Edge thing into an angle?

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #1763 on: March 07, 2005, 04:35:26 PM »

Everyone excited for Raw tonight? Batista vs. Ric Flair should be interesting tonight, I think the nature boy will go down however. I cant wait to see Chris Masters in action tonight, it was so intense when he broke steven richard's nose!! Perhaps a few matchs will be confirmed for 'mania tonight, I think its dissappointing how only a few short years ago, there were storylines 3-4 months into for the opening and midcard matches even. I hope the WWE doesnt intend on making alot of the matches at the last second like they've been doing for the past few PPVs.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #1764 on: March 08, 2005, 02:33:17 PM »

Peeps, if you all had 3 wishes granted for things you want to see at Wrestle Mania what would they be?

1.  Vinny Mac doing some serious ass whooping on the mic. hihi
2.  Someone decent getting the WWE title from that lug JBL. Angry
3.  Paul London getting a long-overdue decent match/angle. Smiley

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #1765 on: March 08, 2005, 05:58:15 PM »

1. An opening nowhere near as disgustingly cheesy as last years.

2. A closing image that was as good as last years.

3. The 'divas' to not be included whatsoever in any way. Unless they get naked.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #1766 on: March 09, 2005, 05:52:15 PM »

1) Kurt Angle finally getting the classic WrestleMania match his career deserves.

2) Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio getting at least 15 minutes to tear the house down.

3) Triple H not in the main event.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1767 on: March 09, 2005, 07:35:05 PM »

1) Classic Stone Cold Steve Austin
2) Hulk Hogan Participation other then the Hall Of Fame
3) All Matches Are Great and not Boring

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #1768 on: March 10, 2005, 07:38:33 AM »

You are aware that Trish Stratus v Christy Hemme is on the card?

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1769 on: March 10, 2005, 09:02:18 PM »

You are aware that Trish Stratus v Christy Hemme is on the card?

Yep..seeing some boobies or ass is thee only prare lol

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1770 on: March 11, 2005, 06:09:51 AM »

Good lord - did u see Lita's new boob job, Raw's looking up Shocked

Lol - RAW was so bad, more totally pointless matches - Flair v Batista, Triple H v that fat thing, Kane v Christian that Shawn Michaels match - really...what was the point? Nothing was on the line - no fued either - and they all lasted about 3 mins!

Lol - i love the ''money in the bag'' match - the intercontinental title is now so much of a joke its not even on the line despite the champion being in the match - ohhh, a title shot, what a prize hihi

Thank god Chris Master's didn't show - he's terrible, and his physique hardly stands out when u have meat heads like Batista around.

Ps. what happened to Trish...she looks different..and not in a good way, and she appears to have lost whatever remaining ability she had on the mike...and it was hardly a lot to begin with

Mania has some good matches - but that there is not a fued down the entire card worth speaking of....well.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #1771 on: March 11, 2005, 01:03:47 PM »

Ps. what happened to Trish...she looks different..and not in a good way, and she appears to have lost whatever remaining ability she had on the mike...and it was hardly a lot to begin with

I switched over to Scuzz as soon as that trash came on, so sorry I can't help you with that one. All those hoes like Chrissy are a fucking waste of valuable television time and MONEY! When are those thick bastards at WWE going to realise how crap their TV is becoming.

As soon as TNA gets a decent TV schedule the better, and hopefully this will give the WWE a kick up the arse to actually come up with something creative.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1772 on: March 11, 2005, 01:12:03 PM »

It'a amzing that while everyone can see whats wrong with WWE but WWE can't!

I was beyond horrified when i watched RAW the other week to see Triple H announce he's tried to kill Batista - to a nearby camera?!?! That couldn't look any stupidier, what are they thinking!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #1773 on: March 13, 2005, 04:21:21 AM »

Yes because they are doing soooo badly right now and it is THAT is easy to to make everything as perfect as you would like it.

Evolution
« Reply #1774 on: March 13, 2005, 09:05:13 AM »

www.wrestlingexposed.com

Last night's Combat Zone Wrestling "Liberated" in Philadelphia, PA was the home of a huge announcement which could turn out to be some of the biggest news of 2005 thus far.

CZW owner John Zandig announced the promotion would usher into a partnership with IWA-Mid South, Canadian promotion Internet Wrestling Syndicate, and CHIKARA to better promote their cards in the future.

Basically what this means is that the 2 of the top 3 indies in the United States today are now working together along with two of the fastest growing promotions today to better help themselves. Even more, the territory that this organization will cover is the biggest today in North America, second to WWE.
The North of the United States as well as some of Canada will be covered by this territory.

What is really shocking about this is that insiders and even CZW wrestlers are saying that this is the closest thing to the NWA in the pre-WWF era. Basically put, if this partnership does what it is supposed to do and they pick up more promotions, this partnership will be serious competition to WWE in the future.

Rumors are already circulating through the CZW locker room as of last night of a single top tier belt between all the promotions as well as an underlying name, i.e TNA is part of National Wrestling Alliance.

The first show from this partnership will be on the 12th of June at the ECW Arena in Philadelphia, PA, and more news about this partnership will most likely be announced.

Partial Credit: Pro Wrestling Insider

Now this is very interesting news. Hopefully this arrangement can lead to more places for talent to become world class talent and hopefully rival WWE in years to come
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1775 on: March 13, 2005, 09:14:27 AM »

Yes because they are doing soooo badly right now and it is THAT is easy to to make everything as perfect as you would like it.

Don't give me that shit.

Storylines where they announce world domination plans to a nearby camera just looks absurd - its not difficult to change. Worthless matches with nothing on the line and no fued involved where always at a minimum in the past - they can do it, they already did.

Compare wrestling in 98-99 with now and tell me again its not doing badly

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #1776 on: March 13, 2005, 10:32:55 AM »

You appear to totally misunderstand the use of 'the camera' in this type of instance. You see during a film, or a music video, or any type of entertainment where someone is not talking directly to a camera (such as during a backstage interview) it's not actually 'there.' Don't you ever wonder why in Saving Private Ryan there aren't loads of dead cameramen around or how they didn't all drown in Titanic?!?! And most importantly how on earth did we see all those quality backstage segments in 1998/99 when there was obviously no camera by your logic!

And HOW MANY times are we going to go through the 'wwe isn't as good as in 1998/99' argument - we know it isn't, and it may never be, everything has a peak, considering how badly they were falling a couple of years ago I think they've done pretty well to stabalise themselves and the product is improving, there are long term champions and slow building storylines and the fans are having their say again like in those days, and most of all WWE is STILL a very financially succesful company.

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1777 on: March 14, 2005, 11:30:09 AM »

You appear to totally misunderstand the use of 'the camera' in this type of instance. You see during a film, or a music video, or any type of entertainment where someone is not talking directly to a camera (such as during a backstage interview) it's not actually 'there.'

Don't patronise me - or if plan on doing it, do it well.

WWE is not a film - its supposed to be ''real'', albeit in a lose sense of the word - the footage is shown on the titontron - everyone including the wrestlers see it, so why they announce their plans to kill the chairman in this way is curious.

Don't you ever wonder why in Saving Private Ryan there aren't loads of dead cameramen around or how they didn't all drown in Titanic?!?!

nervous

And most importantly how on earth did we see all those quality backstage segments in 1998/99 when there was obviously no camera by your logic!

Now your just being stupid

The problem with these rather curiously placed cameras has been there for a long time, and its about time it changed - i have to confess after reading my post again i can't find where i said there was no cameras in the past?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #1778 on: March 14, 2005, 12:52:10 PM »

In the past it was done such...

You'd have a kick ass guy like Michael Cole running around backstage, seeing what he could find out, getting the camera in the face of people backstage. Or, if the camera was in the dressing room, the wrestlers would acknowledge it was there...ie. they wern't playing dumb.

Meh.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #1779 on: March 14, 2005, 06:11:06 PM »

1) Stone Cold Steve Austin
2) Christian
3)Stone Cold Steve Austin and Christian making love!

Tongue

Id like to see Dwayne at some point as well...i miss that bastard and his mic work...also Brock and maybe Goldberg wouldnt go amiss.

To be honest i dont care....Its WrestleFUCKINGmania, the showpiece of them all...the cream on the pie, the icing on the cake, the culmination of the wrestling calendar, the greatest sporting spectacle you can watch until 5 in the morning and not regret it.

Wrestle-FUCKING-Mania - Bring it on. Cant wait.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: