Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:27:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228553 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 848221 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1740 on: February 11, 2005, 01:43:47 PM »

Here's some of the latest news/rumours:

Motorhead have been confirmed as the band to be performing at Wrestlemania 21, thankfully this means the Guns N' Roses rumours can stop now.

Christy Hemme the Diva Search winner who does fuck all on RAW and probably won't have a job with WWE in 2 years is going to be in the April Issue of Playboy.? Preview pictures are already going round.

Garrison Cade is rumoured to be returning in the not to distant future possibly to feud with HBK, word has it they've been asking him to grow his hair long.

Lastly Brock Lesnar has filed a lawsuit against WWE.? Here are the details from http://www.backstagewrestling.com/article.php?articleid=109895063

Lesnar's lawsuit is defined as a restraint of trade lawsuit.

The suit was actually filed on 2/4.

At the time of Lesnar leaving WWE, they asked him to sign a 6 year no compete clause which he agreed to and signed.

The clause he signed prevented him "from appearing, participating in or associating with any professional wrestling, ultimate fighting or any sports entertainment enterprise through June 30, 2010."

WWE's head legal counsel Jerry McDevitt said WWE will fight the suit.

To break it down for you, Brock Lesnar wanted to leave WWE to pursue the NFL after WrestleMania last year. In the back of his head, he really thought he had a legit chance and was going to make it. He had been told by friends and people within the Vikings camp that he had a heck of a shot. At the time, it sounded like a great idea and he went ahead and signed the no compete clause, obviously not realizing at the time his NFL dreams wouldn't come true. It's VERY clear when a wrestler is released or leaves the company that when they sign on the dotted line, it's final. Lesnar was well aware of what he was signing and didn't think it would hurt him because he wasn't thinking about ever returning to wrestling. In the last several months, Lesnar has been calling the WWE offices looking for work. His calls were 'ignored/put aside' at first but have since been answered by people other then Vince McMahon. We're told his travel and money demands were just ridiculous and a deal was not reached. It appears Lesnar is now taking it one step further and pursuing a lawsuit so he can return to the wrestling business'. I guess it all depends on how you look at it, but from my standpoint, the guy signed the dotted line, knew what he was signing, and chose to ignore it to pursue something that didn't work out. Now, he's screwed and wants to take back his no compete clause. The guy also walked out on a number of guys in the business, especially after getting three world title reigns while with the company. It's a big game. Lesnar wants to work for someone other than WWE to 'get them thinking' while WWE doesn't want Lesnar working elsewhere and legally, with a signed piece of paper, they don't have to. Lesnar apparently thinks otherwise.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1741 on: February 17, 2005, 06:17:21 PM »

Batasta will be at smackdown tonight

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #1742 on: February 17, 2005, 06:49:05 PM »

Cool. And where will Batista be?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #1743 on: February 18, 2005, 07:38:46 PM »

According to Wrestlezone.com wwe have scrapped the idea of undertaker/kane v heidenreich/snitsky and spared us all a contender for worst wrestlemania match of all time and have come up with something far more appealing, Undertaker v Randy Orton which is a fantastic prospect, they can really work on the idea of the legend killer killing off takers 100% wrestlemania record and it might just be under threat.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1744 on: February 18, 2005, 10:41:30 PM »

According to Wrestlezone.com wwe have scrapped the idea of undertaker/kane v heidenreich/snitsky and spared us all a contender for worst wrestlemania match of all time and have come up with something far more appealing, Undertaker v Randy Orton which is a fantastic prospect, they can really work on the idea of the legend killer killing off takers 100% wrestlemania record and it might just be under threat.
I like the sound of that but since all inter-brand PPV's are now over before 'Mania i think it will be interesting to see how this will take place.? Hopefully they'll do this properly, not some desperate bollocks like Randy Orton's dodgy concussion caused him to turn upto Smackdown instead of Raw.

Edit: Found this at www.backstagewrestling.com

Vignettes are already in production right now for Randy Orton vs. The Undertaker for WrestleMania 21.

With the scheduled tag match off at WrestleMania, this could open up a spot for Matt Hardy at WrestleMania, with one person speculating of a three way with Kane, Snitzky, and Hardy with Lita at ringside.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 11:18:31 PM by Stoned » Logged
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1745 on: February 20, 2005, 07:09:33 AM »

Moving forward i have 2 things to discuss.  First is No Way Out.  Now i know it's a Smackdown PPV nervous but it's also the last one before Wrestlemania 21 [Incidently those promo's are hilarious, especially the Basic Instinct one rofl ].  Ok first off here is the card:

Barbed Wire Steel Cage Match: WWE Champion JBL vs. Big Show

Undertaker vs. Luther Reigns

No. 1 Contender Tournament Final: Kurt Angle vs. John Cena

WWE Tag Team Championship: The Bashams vs. Rey Mysterio & Eddie Guerrero

6-Man Cruiserweight Elimination Championship Match: Spike Dudley vs. Funaki vs. Shannon Moore vs. Paul London vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Akio

Rookie Diva 2005 Competition

Rumoured:  Booker T vs. Heindenreich

Now i don't watch the show much, my main interest is for the Raw Interference.  Both Batista & HBK are expected to be interfering and hopefully can help make things more interesting, only one match has potential, and it has alot to.  The Cruiserweight Match.  If done properly this could be class and hopefully they will put the belt on Paul London the most underated and underused star on the WWE roster.

Predictions:
JBL
Undertaker
John Cena
The Bashams
Paul London
Heindenreich
[If the match takes place]

Secondly onto much better.  The WWE Hall of Fame 2005 inductees.  For anyone who doesn't know they are ''Mr. Wonderful'' Paul Orndoff, The Iron Sheik, ''Rowdy'' Roddy Piper, Jimmy 'The Mouth of The South' Hart, Nikolai Volkoff, ''Cowboy'' Bob Orton.  Now the ceremony is the night before 'Mania but if like last year they'll also be there on the night.  For that reason i find 2 of the choices quite odd.  Jimmy Hart  is one of Hulk Hogan's best friends and generally where one goes the other follows, they both left WWE to WCW and when Hogan was going to work for NWA-TNA he was there again.  Now for him to turn up at 'Mania you would think Hogan must be on good terms with WWE aswell and it begs the question; Will Hulk Hogan return at Wrestlemania 21?  Secondly why Piper?  Now he is a legend don't get me wrong, he deserves his place in the hall of fame, but he's working for NWA-TNA he's even on their roster page.  Not only that but WWE fired him a few years ago for his comments in an interview.  Is that all water under the bridge now?  Are they friends again?  Will he turn up?  If he does will it be for one night only or will we see the return of Piper's Pit?
Evolution
« Reply #1746 on: February 20, 2005, 10:37:18 AM »

Predictions

JBL
Heidenreich
The Undertaker
The Basham Brothers
Paul London
John Cena
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #1747 on: February 20, 2005, 10:47:04 AM »

Predictions

JBL
Undertaker
John Cena
The Bashams
Paul London
Heindenreic

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1748 on: February 20, 2005, 02:00:24 PM »

Smackdown PPV horrah!

I wouldn't watch that for all the tea in China, its about time Smackdown was wound up altogether.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #1749 on: February 20, 2005, 06:02:44 PM »

JBL
Taker
Hidenrich
Kurt Angle
Rey and Eddie
Paul London

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #1750 on: February 21, 2005, 05:44:29 PM »

Your winners are

JBL
Taker
Eddie and Rey
Joy
Chavo
Cena
and
Hidenrich i think

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1751 on: February 21, 2005, 09:41:32 PM »

they kind of gave away that JBL would win with all the Batista shit.

Tyson Tomko is horrible arghhhhhhhhh

my fav wrestlemania promo is HHH and ric flairs braveheart

the booker t/eddie guerrero "pulp fiction" promo tonight was hilarious as well.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #1752 on: February 22, 2005, 10:04:35 AM »

I haven't seen the Braveheart one, but I think the best one by far is the Forest Gump Eugene one.

I was very pleasently suprised with No Way Out.

Cena Angle was good, and the ending to the JBL Big Show match was one of the best endings to a match I've seen from WWE in a long time.

Quite clever as well, as was HHH Orton ending at the Rumble, because it allows the heel to win, while not cheating as such, but at the same time not winning 'fairly', therefore the face has nothing to complain about and you can move on to a different angle...

Didn't see Raw last night. Don't know what happened.

Maybe I'll wait until Thursday...

...Maybe not.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #1753 on: February 22, 2005, 10:21:24 AM »

Looks like Batista will be taking on HHH at Mania!!   Grin

Should be two good matches with Cena v JBL aswell, although I'd like to see atleast one of them with a stipulation not just a 1 on 1 match.

That's a hatrick for Doull
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1754 on: February 25, 2005, 04:03:21 PM »

Batista has come someway since he was D'von's aide confused

What people see in him is baffling - but he's atleast no worse than the rest of them.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #1755 on: March 01, 2005, 12:20:53 PM »

Massive developments on Raw last night concerning Wrestlemania 21......

Hulk Hogan is Confirmed to join Jimmy Hart, Roddy Piper, Bob Orton et al in this years hall of fame which means its almost a cert he will be on the big show.

Stone Cold Steve Austin Confirmed as special guest on Wrestlemania 'Piper's Pit' with Rowdy Roddy Piper

The two interpromotional matches between Undertaker and Randy Orton and between Kurt Angle and Shawn Michaels were confirmed.

Remember we were worried taker was gonna get caught up in some crap tag match but now relieved he isnt well the same can be said for Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit as Jericho announced that he and 5 other superstars will be in a mouthwatering ladder match.

I reckon itll be jericho, benoit, edge, christian, benjamin and maybe a returning matt hardy, but whoever it is and for what title doesnt matter because it has just put my anticipation up a notch add to this already phenomenal card the possibility of Eddie Guerrero v Rey Mysterio and we have one hell of a show on our hands!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 12:37:45 PM by big ploppa dump » Logged

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1756 on: March 05, 2005, 03:10:53 PM »

Massive developments on Raw last night concerning Wrestlemania 21......

Hulk Hogan is Confirmed to join Jimmy Hart, Roddy Piper, Bob Orton et al in this years hall of fame which means its almost a cert he will be on the big show.

Stone Cold Steve Austin Confirmed as special guest on Wrestlemania 'Piper's Pit' with Rowdy Roddy Piper

The two interpromotional matches between Undertaker and Randy Orton and between Kurt Angle and Shawn Michaels were confirmed.

Remember we were worried taker was gonna get caught up in some crap tag match but now relieved he isnt well the same can be said for Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit as Jericho announced that he and 5 other superstars will be in a mouthwatering ladder match.

I reckon itll be jericho, benoit, edge, christian, benjamin and maybe a returning matt hardy, but whoever it is and for what title doesnt matter because it has just put my anticipation up a notch add to this already phenomenal card the possibility of Eddie Guerrero v Rey Mysterio and we have one hell of a show on our hands!
That Ladder Match looks like it may well be amazing, the question is who will be in it.? I agree with all your choices but Matt Hardy, i see Gene Snitzky in it, maybe even Kane.? Latest word is Edge has been cheating on his wife with Lita and he's now in BIG trouble so he may not be used for this match.? I also see Chavo vs Paul London for the Cruiserweight Title which could be another showstealer.

- WWE is currently working on a new documentary style DVD about the Survivor Series incident from Montreal in 1997 involving Bret Hart. The DVD will be titled "Screwed: The Bret Hart Story."

- Other DVDs currently in the works: A 2-disc set on the Ultimate Warrior; A 2-disc set on The Road Warriors; A 2-disc set on WWE Legends; and a 2-disc set on ECW's "Greatest Matches." All of these DVDs are due out before the end of 2005.

A 2 Disc Ultimate Warrior DVD?? He only had about 3 good matches in his career no

Edit:  And like i said 2 weeks ago where Jimmy Hart goes Hulk Hogan follows so it was inevitable he would turn up.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2005, 03:13:44 PM by Stoned » Logged
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #1757 on: March 06, 2005, 04:21:21 AM »

Edit:? And like i said 2 weeks ago where Jimmy Hart goes Hulk Hogan follows so it was inevitable he would turn up.

Yep you called that one right down the middle. The card is certainly looking tremendous at the moment, just hope its booked well, unfortunately chavo v london won't get nearly enough time as it needs to steal the show, neither will rey v eddie i fear however they should be quality side dishes to the ladder match, title matches, orton v taker and hbk v angle which will get a good time allocations and (in the case of the latter) will steal the show.

Apparently Big Show is gonna face that massive chap who was in the crowd on the japan shows - Akebono? - Just hope they reinforce the ring for that one!

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1758 on: March 06, 2005, 09:03:29 AM »

Edit:? And like i said 2 weeks ago where Jimmy Hart goes Hulk Hogan follows so it was inevitable he would turn up.

Yep you called that one right down the middle. The card is certainly looking tremendous at the moment, just hope its booked well, unfortunately chavo v london won't get nearly enough time as it needs to steal the show, neither will rey v eddie i fear however they should be quality side dishes to the ladder match, title matches, orton v taker and hbk v angle which will get a good time allocations and (in the case of the latter) will steal the show.

Apparently Big Show is gonna face that massive chap who was in the crowd on the japan shows - Akebono? - Just hope they reinforce the ring for that one!
I see where you're coming from with the time factor, even at 4 hours they are trying to fit too much in.

Batista vs HHH RAW
Kurt Angle vs HBK Inter-Promotional
Randy Orton vs Undertaker Inter-Promotional
6-Man Ladder Match RAW
JBL vs John Cena Smackdown
Chrisy Hemme vs Trish Stratus RAW
Rey Mysterio vs Eddie Guerrero Smackdown
Paul London vs Chavo Guerrero Smackdown
Big Show vs Akebono Smackdown
+ Booker T, Kane & Gene Snitzky will all want places on the card, then there are both sets of Tag Titles, Piper's Pit, Mot?rhead's Live Performance & some shit Diva thing involving all those crap diva's they've signed.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #1759 on: March 06, 2005, 09:18:00 AM »

IF, and thats a big if they can keep it down to 10 matches it should be okay, last year there were 12 matches i believe on a 5 hour show and alot of them - both tag title matches and the cruiserweight open were rushed and lost in it. However WrestleMania x-seven had 10 matches on a 4 hour show and was the best WM of all time. But there was no pipers pit, hall of fame, hogan segment(almost certain), usual diva crap etc.... There was, however a live performance of Motorhead! - maybe thats an omen. This card has all the hallmarks of another wrestlemania X-seven, i know thats over hyping and we did the same last year and it was relatively poor, but with the match types, variety etc on offer and possibility of some classic matches it could at least be as good as WM XIX, another stunner - maybe all the odd numbered shows surpass the hype and the even ones dont quite make it!

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: