Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:25:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228553 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 848209 times)
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #1720 on: January 31, 2005, 01:56:05 PM »

The Rumble was lazy - no one dominated, and far too many in the ring - where was the surprise guest?

I think the surprise guest was that trainer bloke who got whooped straight out, so much for the anticipation of someone decent!

I don't think it was that bad a PPV, i wasn't disappointed.  But it lacked a real high spot, the title matches weren't that good.  The actual Rumble was ok apart from the end, that finish is cheesy as it's been done before.  It's only about a month since it happened on RAW.  The best part of the Rumble was when you had all the wrestlers with talent, like Benoit, Shelton etc in the ring at one time!  You sometime forget that the WWE still has a lot of talent.  The bit where London got nailed was hellacious, at least he's prepared to take a bump - WWE PLEASE PUSH PAUL LONDON!  HE'S ONE OF THE BEST THINGS YOU'VE GOT!!  I'd rather see a champion who's prepared to do a 450 than John Cenile or someone like that.

Funniest part of the night had to be Vinny Mac attempting to slide in the ring and sitting down like a zombie!  That was just too random for words.  It looked like he caught his head on the rope or something.

Overall I'd give it a B+ and that's quite generous.  Stoned, you are easily pleased I feel!

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #1721 on: January 31, 2005, 01:59:04 PM »

Weak

Every match, every second

I was bored

The Rumble was weak - was anyone planning to be thrown out - and where did Benoit, Jericho and Jindrak go? They just vanished......

The only good bit was where they all ganged up on that tough enough winner and that Arab guy.

I barely watch wrestling and i quickly found out why, the HBK v Edge match, what was the point? That casket match was laughable, Angle v Big Show v JBL - just totally devoid of anything, as for Triple H v Orton, where was the emphastic kick outs of Pedigree's? The sneaky chair shots? Why did the ref go down at all? That was no better than a RAW main event - i expect more at a ppv.

The Rumble was lazy - no one dominated, and far too many in the ring - where was the surprise guest? Why was the Coach in the rumble? Why scooty 2 hooty? Why did Angle appear? They did nothing.

Pointless again and again. I'm glad i didn't pay for that.

Disagree

I havent watched a pay per view since WMXX and havent seen any WWE at all apart from the live RAW and Smackdown! in the UK and I have to say last night made me realise that i'd missed it a little. The skits were very entertaining, the action solid, the booking good and purposeful.

Benoit was eliminated by batista and flair toward the end, as was jericho with a very impressive 'catch and dispatch', I believe Jindrak was choke thrown out by Kane but who cares about him.

A number of spots, including the 'lets all kill hassan' spot were entertaining, flair attempting to eliminate batista was funny, haas and benjamin rolling back the years was good, the raw v smackdown brawl was good, daniel puder paying his dues was good, they sewed the seeds for angle v hbk well, the finish was good and a change from the luger/hart, rock/big show draw crap.

Why did there have to be a surprise guest? Angle was quite a surprise if you ask me.

People like the coach, scotty too hotty and paul london are put in to job and bump.
Why does there have to be a dominator? Why does it have to be the same every year? You could argue that Benoit dominated as he went the longest....again.

Edge v HBK was entertaining, good nearfalls, poor finish but served a purpose.
The casket match was alot more entertaining than i thought it would be.
The triple threat was fair, angle carried them well.
Orton v hhh was very good i thought, no interference, good acting by orton and it was a good finish. It is not nessasary for everyone to kick out of the other mans finisher every time.

I can't believe how over Batista is! He appears to have improved in every way.

The skits between eddie and flair/cena and christian were hilarious.

All in all a very good show and im glad i DID pay for it, It's the only show except mania that i will.

BTW Vince injured himself getting into the ring last nite which is why he didnt make the announcement and stayed on his arse and the restart was supposed to last longer but orton/hhh overran.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1722 on: January 31, 2005, 02:57:13 PM »

Fitness Guy? Surprise Guest? No that was Simon Dean a RAW regular, shows how much you watch it!? The actual surprise guest was Kurt Angle.? Smackdown had a spot left which was taken by Nunzio, that was shown backstage then Angle grabbed his number off him, simple.? As for being easily pleased i am anything but, like i said New Year's Revolution was crap, as have many WWE PPV's been recently but i just enjoyed this, i thought it was a damn good effort.? As for whoever said HBK vs Edge what was the point?? These 2 started feuding back in October and in the past month the feud continued, this was the culmination of their feud, that was the fuckin' point!? Seems people don't like WWE, don't watch it then complain when they don't get stuff or have a clue.  I mean saying a number of wrestlers just disappeared, where you looking at the fuckin' ceiling, they were eliminated like people are in rumble matches.? Just like Big Ploppa Dump said this was worth paying for!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1723 on: January 31, 2005, 03:11:16 PM »

As for whoever said HBK vs Edge what was the point?? These 2 started feuding back in October and in the past month the feud continued, this was the culmination of their feud, that was the fuckin' point!

No....

I asked what was the point of such a poor match? There was no aggression there - i have seen better matches a thousand times, none of those matches where better than an average RAW epsiode.

Seems people don't like WWE, don't watch it then complain when they don't get stuff or have a clue.

Please, wrestling isn't quite that challenging. When every match every week for years is naff u have to ask whats the point? The matches are painfully slow, there are less than 5 moves each wrestler ever uses, including the finisher, and half the rooster have about as much personality as a corpse.

Great to see Orton crushed no There goes his push - beaten fair and square by Triple H, he will promtly join RVD and Booker T in mid card mediocrity untill they are fired.
?
I mean saying a number of wrestlers just disappeared, where you looking at the fuckin' ceiling, they were eliminated like people are in rumble matches. 

Oh thats how the rumble works.....

I didn't see them get eliminated and neither did the people i was watching it with, i assume the camera angle was focused on something else at the time.

Good to see Batista winning the Rumble, thats right Vince, keep faith with ur big wrestlers, thats the best policy - it can't fail! Tongue 

And still the stupid camera work - 'Ah, i will go and secretly kill Randy Orton!....oh wait, i just announced that to a camera standing infront of me and showing this throughout the arena.''

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1724 on: January 31, 2005, 03:20:00 PM »

Camera angle focused on something else?  Well my transmission had a fine camera angle, and since we're both UK residents it seems odd,  i'd say you and your friends lost focus.  Pushing Batista may be stupid as he's a big man but he is now way more over than Orton and from a popularity stand point it makes sense.  Orton has been going down hill since he turned face, it was ok to start with but recently he's got really boring and is not that over anymore.  HBK/Edge had plenty of aggresion and near falls, it should of been a bit longer IMO but other than that i thought it was good, guess we'll have to disagree on that one.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1725 on: January 31, 2005, 04:34:06 PM »

i do agree with izzy about the wrestlers and the 5 moves

they've outlawed all the excitement and high spots so now every match is pretty much the same.

NO one really does promo's anymore, nothing seems spontaneous anymore, even the surprises arent really surprises anymore.

they have a great chance though with the batista/hhh upcoming angle

im not confident though they will pull it off.

the brand extension needs to end

i havent watched smackdown in a few months and seeing the wrestlers in the rumble from smackdown i can tell i havent missed anything.

the JBL mocking Teddy Long was funny but big show vs JBL? lord have mercy!

wrestlemania predictions

HBK vs angle
HHH vs batista
Kane/Undertaker vs snitsky/heindreich
benoit vs guerrero maybe?

those are three matches i think came out of last night.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #1726 on: January 31, 2005, 05:41:45 PM »

Like BPD, i havent really watched wrestling since i went to see Raw and Smackdown live in Manchester...i thought after seeing it live..whats the point in watching anymore?

Last night revived the old wrestling dog in me...

Well booked PPV and all the matches exceeded and didnt bore me..i thought the Casket match would but once again the Undertaker surpassed my expectations....

Well done WWE...Bring on Mania!

SCOTT...i cant get on Msn but let me know yor thoughts on coming to Nottingham and watching Mania at mine?

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1727 on: January 31, 2005, 06:12:55 PM »

Wow the gangs all back, seems the Rumble's helped bring this thread back to nearly full strength in-time for 'Mania.  Can't wait for Raw in a few hours, scheduled matches are HBK/Orton vs. HHH/Flair & Kane vs Gene Snitsky in a Steel Cage.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #1728 on: January 31, 2005, 06:23:40 PM »

The Rumble was the best ppv that I have seen in along time :yes:Now if only they can keep it up and buld from their.

Raw should be pretty good to night ,looking forward to see how HHH reacts to Basista wining the Rumble.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #1729 on: January 31, 2005, 06:41:14 PM »

Stoned u bastard what times Raw on?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1730 on: January 31, 2005, 06:47:36 PM »

Stoned u bastard what times Raw on?

Screw you dickhead Tongue 2.00am im just gonna tape it and take it back to uni with me tomorrow
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #1731 on: January 31, 2005, 07:01:47 PM »

Wow the gangs all back, seems the Rumble's helped bring this thread back to nearly full strength in-time for 'Mania.? Can't wait for Raw in a few hours, scheduled matches are HBK/Orton vs. HHH/Flair & Kane vs Gene Snitsky in a Steel Cage.

Yeah wierd that, this is easily the most important, exciting and therefore best time of the wrestling calendar from the rumble to mania. We have 61 days till mania tho so steady on.

Remember how active this board was in the days up to WMXX? and how pumped we all were and how dead it was immediately after becoz it was so cack. Lets hope this year they live up tot he hype altho with hbk v angle i cant see how they cant lets just hope angle holds up physically.

Arron - I'm there (I hope)

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #1732 on: January 31, 2005, 08:29:28 PM »

The Paul London fall...

...Anybody else think that he genuinly needed that stretcher? It just seemed a bit random to me to have him taken of like that. His fall was fucking insane!

I actually really enjoyed the PPV. I was so pissed off when I thought it was going to be a draw, and thus a three way at Mania. So, so angry. But when Vince came out I felt so freakin' happy.

The Vince trip thing was, yes, so random! He genuinly hurt himself as well, didn't he? I could stop laughing.

But yeah, good event.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1733 on: January 31, 2005, 08:33:57 PM »

The Paul London fall...

...Anybody else think that he genuinly needed that stretcher? It just seemed a bit random to me to have him taken of like that. His fall was fucking insane!
I've read on the net it was all planned, and knowing the great athlete he is that doesn't surprise me.  I think the strecher was just to make it look even more convincing and devastating.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #1734 on: February 01, 2005, 05:52:34 PM »

That's fair enough, but surely he didn't land it as planned?

He could have been out for ages! Not worth the risk for just a pretty cool elimination in the Rumble, given the current risk taking in WWE?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Evolution
« Reply #1735 on: February 04, 2005, 04:02:00 PM »

Waahey 5/5!

Im glad to see a bit of a wrestling revival here!

Im thinking the HHH/Batista push is a good idea and is what Orton should have gotten. Why didnt he hold the IC title till Survivor Series and drop it to Benjamin? Then have him do the crumbling Evolution thing with Hunter?

Anyone planning to attend the UK tour post WM?

I cant be bothered making the trip to Brum so i think ill just go to Aberdeen to see RAW live.

The Japanese Raw taping is happening this evening in Tokyo

World Title HHH vs Edge
World Tag Titles La Resistance vs Regal/Tajiri
Submission match Benoit/Jericho

should be a good show ok be interesting to see how a Japanese crowd react to the US wrestling style
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1736 on: February 06, 2005, 10:05:14 AM »

This Batista and HHH thing is really keeping me on my toes..I know its gonna happen i jsut dont know when, Im thinking Wrestlemania but am not positive

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #1737 on: February 06, 2005, 04:19:08 PM »

Well overall I thought this years Royal Rumble was good. I really thought HBK woulda beaten Edge but I was pleasantly surprised. The Casket match was ok, I didnt expect much because Heidenreich is a HORRIBLE wrestler and I knew Undertaker would win. I knew as soon as Snitsky interfered, Kane would jump out of the casket. The triple threat match was pretty pisspoor and Angle was easily the one carrying this match, I did like the bump through the security wall however. Is anyone else planning on watching No Way Out? Smackdown only PPVs are always pisspoor and I doubt this will be an exception, however this first time barbedwire steel cage match sounds alright. I seriously doubt JBL is going to drop the belt until 'Mania. I cant see Vince having 'Show represent Smackdown at 'Mania. The Raw title match was easily my favorite match since Triple H and Randy are both my favorite wrestlers, and I LOVE their feud. I wasnt surprised with the ending since it woulda been stupid to go through the hole elimination chamber sl only to leave the belt on Hunter for 3 weeks. I did have hopes for Randy however because I know that since he didnt win the belt, he is probably back down to midcard status for the next few months. The royal rumble never keeps my attention, tooooooooooo predictable, so obvious Batista was going to win.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #1738 on: February 06, 2005, 05:49:52 PM »

The Japanese Raw taping is happening this evening in Tokyo

World Title HHH vs Edge
World Tag Titles La Resistance vs Regal/Tajiri
Submission match Benoit/Jericho

should be a good show ok be interesting to see how a Japanese crowd react to the US wrestling style

I would bet everything I own on the results of the first two matches you named.  However, Benoit v Jericho is guaranteed to be the best match, but the Walls of Jericho is no match for that damned hellacious Crossface!  Benoit is 4 real!

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1739 on: February 07, 2005, 06:31:06 PM »

Ya i take HHH, Tajiri and Regal and Benoit

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: