Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:48:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 848311 times)
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #1700 on: January 12, 2005, 05:24:22 PM »

Cool man, thanks a lot.

I'll look into buying it next time I get paid without a doubt.  Smiley

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1701 on: January 12, 2005, 07:16:47 PM »

Ok With the exceptions of the chamber and kane vs snitsky the ppv sucked big time...Kane vs Snitsky wasnt that good except it was nice to see Kane back...The chamber was ok...It was the only match in a long time i really had no clue who would win..I give Benoit his props for taking that dive..He is in the top 5 best wrestlers in the wwe today...

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1702 on: January 13, 2005, 06:40:36 AM »

Was the rest of Survivor Series '02 any good?

That was at my height of not watching wrestling, so maybe I'll buy it. Worth it?

the elimination chamber match at survivor series is one of the greatest, most action packed matches i have ever seen.

nothing about that match sucks. it was 100 times better than the one u watched sunday

the 2nd one with goldberg was horrible and the worst of em all in my opinion

but the very first one was a classic, much like the first few hell in a cell's and table ladders and chairs matches.

very cool and innovative action in that first one. u will be guaranteed to scream HOLY SHIT more than a few times i guarantee it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1703 on: January 13, 2005, 08:25:33 AM »

Was the rest of Survivor Series '02 any good?

That was at my height of not watching wrestling, so maybe I'll buy it. Worth it?

the elimination chamber match at survivor series is one of the greatest, most action packed matches i have ever seen.

nothing about that match sucks. it was 100 times better than the one u watched sunday

the 2nd one with goldberg was horrible and the worst of em all in my opinion

but the very first one was a classic, much like the first few hell in a cell's and table ladders and chairs matches.

very cool and innovative action in that first one. u will be guaranteed to scream HOLY SHIT more than a few times i guarantee it.
Got a good point there D, first generally is the best.  The best ladder match of all time IMO was HBK vs Razor Ramon at Wrestlemania X, best Hell In A Cell HBK vs 'Taker, best Elimination Chamber Survivor Series 2002, best Ironman Match HBK vs Bret Hart Wrestlemania XII.  You may also notice an pattern of which legend stars in all of them and shows he really has done it all.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #1704 on: January 13, 2005, 09:19:01 AM »

What about the Undertaker vs Mankind Hell in a Cell? A close second?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1705 on: January 13, 2005, 09:28:47 AM »

What about the Undertaker vs Mankind Hell in a Cell? A close second?
Yeah i would say so, it might me the most 'popular' because of the crazy bumps, but the first one had both the crazy shit and actual decent wrestling something the second lacked.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1706 on: January 13, 2005, 11:53:22 AM »

30 Must See WWF/E Matches 1985 - 2005
Well i thought i would list what i consider to be 30 must see matches from over the years.? There is a wide variety of reasons for the inclusions of some of the matches.? Some are there because they are 'pure' wrestling classics e.g. the ones involving the likes of Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Bret Hart & Shawn Michaels.? Some are in there because of all the crazy hardcore action for instance any of the Jeff Hardy, Rob Van Dam, Mankind/Cactus Jack matches.? Some are in purely on the atmosphere they generated they are by no means wrestling masterpieces but the crowd were so into it and the outcome was uncertain and overall you could not help but be glued to your TV watching them, these matches generally feature Hulk Hogan [He failed to have matches that qualified as 'pure' wrestling classics or were 'Hardcore'].? So here it is the 30 must see WWF/E matches:

1.? In Your House XVIII: Bad Blood, October 5th 1997, Hell In a Cell, Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker
2.? Survivor Series 1997, November 9th, Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart
3.? Backlash, April 29th 2001, 30 Minute Submission Iron Man Match, Chris Benoit vs Kurt Angle
4.? Wrestlemania VI, April 1st 1990, Ultimate Warrior vs Hulk Hogan
5.? Royal Rumble 1992, January 19th ? Ric Flair Styling and Profiling his way to victory
6.? Wrestlemania III, March 29th 1987, Macho Man ?Randy Savage? vs Ricky ?The Dragon? Steamboat
7.? Survivor Series 1988, November 24th, The Rockers/The Hart Foundation/The Young Stallions/The British Bulldogs/The Powers of Pain vs The Brain Busters/Demolition/The Fabulous Rougeaus/The Conquistadors/The Bolsheviks
8.? Summerslam 1995, August 27th, Ladder Match, Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon
9.? Wrestlemania X, March 24th 1994, Ladder Match, Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon
10.? In Your House X, September 22nd 1996, Shawn Michaels vs Mankind
11.? Royal Rumble 1997, January 19th, Steve Austin screws Bret Hart
12.? Wrestlemania XIII, March 23rd 1997, Bret Hart vs Stone Cold Steve Austin
13.? Wrestlemania XIV, March 29th 1998, Dumpster Match, Cactus Jack/Chainsaw Charlie vs The New Age Outlaws
14.? King of The Ring, June 28th 1998, Hell In A Cell, Undertaker vs Mankind
15.? Summerslam 1998, August 30th, Ladder Match, Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs The Rock
16.? Wrestlemania XVI, April 2nd, TLC, Edge/Christian vs The Dudleyz vs The Hardyz
17.? Not a match but a period, Crash Holly?s 24/7 Hardcore times were truly great and he deserves a place on this list?R.I.P.
18.? Summerslam 2000, August 27th, TLC, Edge/Christian vs The Dudleyz vs The Hardyz
19.? Wrestlemania X-7, April 1st 2001, Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock
20.? InVasion, June 22nd 2001, Hardcore Match, Rob Van Dam vs. Jeff Hardy
21.? Wrestlemania X-8, 2002, Hollywood Hulk Hogan vs The Rock
22.? Summerslam 2002, August 25th, Unsanctioned Match, HHH vs Shawn Michaels
23.? Survivor Series 2002, November 17th, Elimination Chamber, HBK vs HHH vs Booker T vs Rob Van Dam vs Chris Jericho vs Kane
24.? Survivor Series 2002, November 17th, Eddie/Chavo Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio/Edge vs Kurt Angle/Chris Benoit
25.? Wrestlemania X-9, 30th March 2003, Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho
26.? Vengeance, July 27th 2003, Eddie Guerrero vs Chris Benoit
27.? Survivor Series 2003, November 16th, Team Austin vs Team Bischoff
28.? Wrestlemania 20, March 14th 2004, Chris Benoit vs HHH vs Shawn Michaels
29.? Backlash, April 18th 2004, Hardcore Match, Randy Orton vs Cactus Jack
30.? RAW, 29th December 2003, Shawn Michaels vs HHH

Edit: 10 WWF/E Stars who are not in any of the listed matches but have to be seen:
1.  The Honky Tonk Man - The greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time, nobody has held the title for longer and that's more impressive than your '6 time' champions because it also means they've lost it a hell of a lot...Ric Flair take note
2.  Jake 'The Snake' Roberts - The master of the DDT, great on the mic, and incendently has just been arrested for cocaine possesion
3.  Marty Jannety - If drugs and injuries had not got the better of him he could really of been something still his matches alongside and against Shawn Michaels were class
4.  The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase - Excellent in-ring performer, top heel for years, amazingly the gold eluded him.
5.  Mr. Perfect - One of the best technical wrestlers ever, extremely underated, showed he still had it in the 2002 Royal Rumble put in a great performance near the end, unfortunately he's now dead.
6.  Ravishing Rick Rude - Also part of the death list he spent much of his career carrying the crap but heavly pushed stars such as The Ultimate Warrior deserved the belt and if he'd of stayed around longer rather than jumping ship to WCW he might of got it.
7.  Owen Hart - Always overshawdowed by his bro, he was nearly as good they put on a cracking match at Wrestlemania X
8.  The Bushwhackers - Awful wrestlers, comedy gimmick, very popular in the 'cartoon era' they're still worth checking out Luke of the Bushwhackers holds a Rumble record for going out in 4 Seconds.
9.  Andre The Giant - Larger Than Life, he's just one of those names you have to see at some point best checking out his match with Hogan at Wrestlemania III it was one of the most anticipated matches of all time, ok it sucked but the fans were still into it.
10.  'Rowdy' Roddy Piper  Piper's Pit was one of the best segments ever, in-ring not great but a wonderful personality was carried to a great match at Wrestlemania VIII by Bret Hart  
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 01:12:53 PM by Stoned » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1707 on: January 18, 2005, 10:33:44 PM »

Stone Cold Steve Austin press conference tomorrow

is he comin back?

if he comes back he has to be able to wrestle

when he is GM or just an on air personality all he does is scoop other wrestlers heat.

so has anyone heard anything?

is he gonna special guest referee or something?

2 matches i would add to your great list stoned are

not for sure the date but the royal rumble when HHH vs Mankind falls count anywhere match it was so brutal!

plus the last man standing Jericho vs HHH match,i hope u remember the one im talkin about, dates escape me but it was considered one of the greatest matches of the year and it really helped make jericho

also the casket match between Undertaker and Shawn micheals, the one where shawn injured his back, that one was class also.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 10:39:41 PM by D » Logged

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #1708 on: January 19, 2005, 12:52:21 AM »

Don't look like it's about Austin coming back to wrestle D .

According to WWE.com, Steve Austin and Vince McMahon will announce this Wednesday in Hollywood, California that the two sides have come to terms for a three movie deal for the former WWF champion with WWE Films.

The press conference will take place at the LA Roosevelt Hotel (7000 Hollywood Boulevard between Highland & LaBrea) in Hollywood, California in the Oscar Room on 1/18 at 12 Noon. McMahon and Austin will also appear on the FOX Sports Network's Best Damned Sports Show later that day as well. The press release for the announcement notes:

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=7768&p=1

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1709 on: January 19, 2005, 03:34:36 PM »

plus the last man standing Jericho vs HHH match,i hope u remember the one im talkin about, dates escape me but it was considered one of the greatest matches of the year and it really helped make jericho
Yeah i remember it they crashed out on the announce table HHH made it to his feet just in time before collapsing again to win.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #1710 on: January 22, 2005, 12:41:39 PM »

Ya Austin signed a 3+ movie deal...Austin,Rock and Hogan are expected to be at Wrestlemania

Evolution
« Reply #1711 on: January 29, 2005, 11:37:43 AM »

Royal Rumble Predictions!

Card:

World Heavyweight Title Match
 Triple H vs. Randy Orton

WWE Title Match
John Bradshaw Layfield vs. Kurt Angle vs. The Big Show.

Casket Match
The Undertaker vs Heidenreich

Shawn Michaels vs. Edge.

And of course the 30 man Royal Rumble Match featuring

Raw:
- Edge.
- Shelton Benjamin.
- Christian.
- Kane.
- Chris Jericho.
- Shawn Michaels.
- Chris Benoit.
- Gene Snitsky.
- Simon Dean.
- The Hurricane.
- Jonathan Coachman.
- Viscera.
- Batista.
- Muhammad Hassan.
- Ric Flair.

Smackdown:
- Daniel Puder.
- Booker T.
- Charlie Haas.
- Luther Reigns.
- Mark Jindrak.
- Orlando Jordan.
- Scotty 2 Hotty.
- John Cena.
- Rey Mysterio.
- Eddie Guerrero.
- Kenzo Suzuki.
- Hardcore Holly.
- Rene Dupree
- Paul London
and a surprise entrant

My picks are:

Batista
Triple H
JBL
Shawn Michaels
The Undertaker
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1712 on: January 29, 2005, 02:53:04 PM »

HHH
HBK
'Taker
JBL
Batista

Now i see this to be a likely predictable PPV, but still good, the card looks quite easy to assess.  The thing is though, that's increased by excitement is all the rumours going aroud about the Rumble match.  One is HBK winning and facing Angle at 'Mania that's if he wins as well [remember the winner can fight whichever champion he wants].  Another is Cena winning to face JBL and the other being Batista winning to face HHH.  Other rumours concern who the 30th participant will be, the rumour site's seem to think it will be either The Iron Sheik or Brock Lesnar, i hope it's the latter.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1713 on: January 29, 2005, 03:19:00 PM »

I'll be watching it live Cheesy I hope it will be a little better than....recent offerings.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #1714 on: January 30, 2005, 02:12:36 PM »

I'm watching this live round a mate's - hope I can survive until 4 in the morning or whenever it ends!  beer   drool

My picks:

Trips V Orton - Trips easily I hope, Flair will prob help but interference by Batista would be interesting

JBL V Angle V Show - JBL dusty finish after much unconvincing brawling

Undertaker V Heidenreich - the Dead Man no problem. More unconvincing brawling I fear

HBK V Edge - HBK I hope and pray.  Lets end this ridiculous Edge push.  Hopefully HBK doesn't end up carrying the match too much

Royal Rumble - hard call. I can see it being Batista v the surprise entrant if the surprise is any good.  If not then possibly Edge but surely none of the Smackers wrestlers

Most improtantly though - please WWE don't let the Royal Rumble be a let down like almost everything else has been lately!!  I wanna see Vinny Mac tearing shit up!!

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1715 on: January 30, 2005, 04:50:57 PM »

HBK V Edge - HBK I hope and pray.? Lets end this ridiculous Edge push.? Hopefully HBK doesn't end up carrying the match too much
The Edge push is great i love him as a heel he is class on the mic and in the ring to these 2 do not need to carry eachother as they are both great in the ring.  The only person who deserves this push more is Captain Charisma Christian who is superior to Edge on the mic and definately as good in the ring.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #1716 on: January 30, 2005, 08:05:10 PM »

Ill take Micheals
Taker
JBL
HHH
Batista

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1717 on: January 30, 2005, 11:22:19 PM »

Well we were all right on our predictions apart from the opening match.  I must say this PPV rocked!  The opener HBK vs. Edge was a little shorter than it should of been but was entertaining enough and served it's purpose, putting Edge over without putting HBK down.  The next match was the dreaded Casket Match i expected little and although it wasn't great it was better than expected.  Seeing Gene Snitsky & Kane provided a short burst of excitement as did the spot with Heidenreich trapped in the casket and 'Taker dropping an old school leg drop on top of it.  Next up the Triple Threat Smackdown Title Match.  Once again this was one where little was expected but thanks to Kurt Angle it worked out quite well he carried both men, ok this wasn't a great match but considering who was in it [not counting Angle] it was great.  As for the Raw Title Match, this went at a good pace and thanks to Evolution being barred from ringside we got a different ending to normal.  They came up with Orton getting a concusion and he played the role quite well the outcome was inevitable so it was good to see it gone about slightly differently to normal.  As for The Royal Rumble Match we all knew it was about 2 men, i'll get to those 2 soon.  We started off with the great Eddie Guerrero [who incidently had a hilarious segment with Ric Flair earlier in the evening] & Chris Benoit.  These 2 carried the match early on with the likes of Edge & Chris JerichoHBK had 3 eliminations in the match one being Kurt Angle who so pissed off came back later and eliminated him and busted him wide open [These 2 at Wrestlemania 21 Interbrand match is now almost certain].  There was also another amusing bit near the end when Ric Flair tried to eliminate Batista, before the 2 could come to blows though other wrestlers attacked them, this though showed once again how Evolution is crumbling.   The ending of the match was great aswell.  It was down to John Cena & Batista the 2 people it was all about.  Both men ended up eliminating each other.  The Raw people said Batista had won, and the Smackdown people said John Cena had won, this had the 1994 Bret Hart/Lex Luger Royal Rumble ending written all over it.  Thankfully, in weird fashion Vince McMahon stormed down seemed to trip and hurt his knee getting in to the ring before sitting down on the mat, i was confused to say the least why he could not have stood up God only knows.  Anyway he ordered the match to be restarted and Batista got the win.  That means this year Wrestlemania 21 HHH vs. Batista....the end of Evolution!

PPV Rating: A-
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1718 on: January 31, 2005, 01:48:56 AM »

i got 3 out of 4 right, i got edge correct

i predicted

edge
UT
HHH
big show
batista

batista could challenge the smackdown champ though

i hope this doesnt mean HBK is goin to smackdown

Angle vs HBk will be amazing at WM21, can u imagine the match they will have?

the eddie guerrero skit was hilarious

its amazing how over batista is.

how funny and bad was it when everyone ganged up on muhammad hussain and whipped the living shit out of him?

that joke UFC wanna be who won tough enough got fucked up

i think theyshould explain how angle can be eliminated but run in and eliminate someone else?

that was bullshit but of course it was to further the angle for WM but its still bullshit.

i was surprised that a lot of big names got tossed out of the rumble fairly early.

how bout that close line Gene Snitsky did on Paul London? that was fuckin vicious and it looked like he really took london's head off.

great PPV i loved every match, best one i have seen in a while.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1719 on: January 31, 2005, 11:57:30 AM »

Weak

Every match, every second

I was bored

The Rumble was weak - was anyone planning to be thrown out - and where did Benoit, Jericho and Jindrak go? They just vanished......

The only good bit was where they all ganged up on that tough enough winner and that Arab guy.

I barely watch wrestling and i quickly found out why, the HBK v Edge match, what was the point? That casket match was laughable, Angle v Big Show v JBL - just totally devoid of anything, as for Triple H v Orton, where was the emphastic kick outs of Pedigree's? The sneaky chair shots? Why did the ref go down at all? That was no better than a RAW main event - i expect more at a ppv.

The Rumble was lazy - no one dominated, and far too many in the ring - where was the surprise guest? Why was the Coach in the rumble? Why scooty 2 hooty? Why did Angle appear? They did nothing.

Pointless again and again. I'm glad i didn't pay for that.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: