Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:37:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 848277 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1680 on: December 20, 2004, 02:19:54 PM »

Best of 2004? Have their been enough 'good' moments for a 2 hour show?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1681 on: December 20, 2004, 02:30:07 PM »

Some amusing news from www.backstagewrestling.com

A few reports made the rounds last week that the Big Show and Chavo Guerrero got into a fight backstage at the SmackDown tapings two weeks ago in Greenville, SC. Although not much is known regarding the details, Chavo was said to have snapped at Big Show about a comment he made regarding smaller and bigger wrestlers. According to those who heard it, Chavo called Big Show fat and lazy. This in turn saw Big Show throw Chavo across the dressing room. WWE agents and wrestlers broke it up quickly before anything else could happen.

I would of loved to of seen that a real David vs Goliath match.

Also from the website, after what we've talked about it's not an ECW PPV but it's got the Barb-Wire we've been talking about:

Promotional material for WWE's No Way Out PPV in February is advertising that the promotion's first ever barbed wire cage match will take place on the show.

Conflict has a new battleground in the first ever barbed wire steel cage match. There's no place to run. There's no way out. SmackDown presents WWE's No Way Out, Sunday, February 20th, live at 8pmET/5pmPT on Events iN DEMAND pay-per-view.

The closest WWE has come to this type of match is the use of a barbed wire bat during a few Mick Foley matches. Foley and Terry Funk wanted to do a no ropes exploding barbed wire match for WrestleMania 14, but the idea was dropped when WWE got Mike Tyson for the show.

Interestingly enough, the show is scheduled to take place in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania where the use of barbed wire in a wrestling match has been banned.

I'm guessing this is for the title and if the rumoured feud goes ahead it could be JBL vs Big Show somehow a sick bump is looking unlikely i expect major blade jobs and shit wrestling.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #1682 on: December 21, 2004, 12:29:11 PM »

Best of 2004? Have their been enough 'good' moments for a 2 hour show?

After watching it last night, and in answer to your question-NO. That was a horrible edition of Raw, absolutely horrible. Trish vs Lita was supposedly "one of the years best matches", and they spent forever talking about Taboo Tuesday and how it was one of the most innovative ideas in the buisness and one of the WWE's best PPVs Huh They had the 8 man tag from this years Survivor Series which I didnt really care about since I ordered the PPV, so the only worthwhile thing I can remember was Triple H vs HBK vs Benoit at WM XX and even that was kinda dissappointing since the 40 minute match if of course edited down to 15 minutes.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1683 on: December 21, 2004, 01:16:38 PM »

Playboy is going through another round of talks with WWE for a future Women of WWE magazine and has gotten some to agree while others are holding out.

Confirmed: Torrie Wilson, Dawn Marie, Miss Jackie, Victoria, Chirsty Hemme, Joy Giovanni, Amy Weber, Michelle McCool, and Lilian Garcia

Still Negotiating: Lita, Molly Holly, Ivory, and Maria.

Definitely out: Trish stratus, Stacey Keibler, Stephanie McMahon.

Look for a pictorial around SummerSlam

Got this from www.backstagewrestling.com i hope the negotiations with Lita go well Tongue shame about Stephanie McMahon....i would of loved to see it same goes for Trish to, supposedly she wants to keep a respectable image for all the girls that look upto her...........she wasn't thinking of that in this pic though was she?

I think it was pre-WWE though, still a good post though Wink
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #1684 on: December 25, 2004, 12:15:03 PM »

Foley and Terry Funk wanted to do a no ropes exploding barbed wire match for WrestleMania 14, but the idea was dropped when WWE got Mike Tyson for the show.

Shocked  That would of been hellacious.  Damned human carnage!

I don't think Big Show will really make the most of a cage match, let alone a barbed wire one.  JBL maybe, but someone would have to carry him.  I bet Angle or Taker will make it instead of Big Show, or it will probably be a dud.

At least they're trying to make some attempt at a decent hardcore match.  RAW could take a leaf out of Smackdown's book lately, I haven't seen a great match on there for ages.  The best of 2004 hardly impressed, I mean there was nothing much to recommend.  The best match was undoubtedly HBK vs Benoit vs HHH.  The Trash vs Lita match was ok as it was the first women's match I've ever seen where they attempted to do some good moves and looked prepared to get hurt.  At least Lita was (and was almost severely hurt!).

I think the WWE is crying out for some sort of impact, like another Lesnar or Rock or Austin or something.  There's not really any real crowd favourites like there used to be.  When was the last time you saw a crazy standing ovation just when a wrestler appeared on the ramp a la Stone Cold??  People used to go wild during RAW, but the crowds always seem to be unimpressed now.  It's not surprising when you watch best of RAW 2004.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #1685 on: January 03, 2005, 07:24:32 AM »

Just seen the first candidate for Worst Match of 2005.  Renee Dupree 'challenging' john Cena for the US belt on Smackers.

WWE, please hear my cries, this match was PISS POOR!!!!!!

I can only describe it as the most heinostic unconvincing brawling you could ever hope to see.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1686 on: January 03, 2005, 08:25:03 PM »

Kane is excpected to make an appearence on raw tonigth..Whos ordering New Years Revolution?

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #1687 on: January 04, 2005, 06:42:46 AM »

Well it's free here in the Uk, so I won't have to pay for it (thank God).

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1688 on: January 04, 2005, 02:14:34 PM »

Well it's free here in the Uk, so I won't have to pay for it (thank God).
Your sure dude?  I know the sneaky bastards have been charging us for a lot more recently [Wrestlemania ain't free this year].
Here's the card for New Years Revolution:

World Title Elimination Chamber Match - Guest Referee Shawn 'HBK' Michaels
Triple H vs. Randy Orton vs. Edge vs. Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho vs. Batista

WWE Women's Title Match
Lita vs. Trish Stratus

Intercontinental Title Match
Shelton Benjamin vs. Maven

World Tag Team Title Match
Eugene & William Regal vs. Christian & Tyson Tomko

Kane vs. Gene Snitsky

Jerry Lawler vs. Muhammad Hussan

That card apart from main event looks awful.  If Mr. Tough Enough 'I was jobbing to Steven Richards a month ago' Maven wins the Intercontinental Title i will go nuts, leave it on Shelton Benjamin for awhile have him feud with Muhammad Hussan who is great on the mic and hopefully will be in the ring or Simon Dean capatalise on these new gimmicks while they are still fresh.  I won't even discuss the Tag Title Match, the division is awful at the moment, Christian doesn't deserve something so lowly...push him for fucksake.

As for the main event i see a likely outcome of HHH wins the gold (again, i will only be happy if this happens because HBK turns heel and helps him....unlikely) then drops it to Randy Orton at WrestlemaniaChris Benoit does not stand a chance his push has been and gone for now same goes for Chris 'I'm damn good and deserve more but job to everyone' Jericho.  Finally the 2 wild cards Edge & Batista.  I would love it for either one to win, whatever anyone says if either gets the gold it'll be surprising but a good  surprise.  Firstly Batista is a poor wrestler, but he has made the most of things recently he's improved and plays the monster well and his recent part in the Evolution 'Trouble In Paradise' storyline has been great.  Edge though can wrestle and like i said he is a much better heel i have been pushing for him Orton at 'Mania for the gold...well i can dream.  Now if either wildcard does pull it off i guarantee you they won't walk into Wrestlemania with the gold and if you ask me in all honesty they won't even walk out of New Years Revolution with it.

Despite what i have said i am still looking forward to this because the main event is worth watching the thing for it could be great but if the main event sucks this may end up being 2005's worst PPV (well they could n't do worse that this later this year could they?) also i hand in my University Coursework Friday so this will be a good way to celebrate getting it out of the way.
Evolution
« Reply #1689 on: January 09, 2005, 02:42:44 PM »

It's that time again folks

Batista(c'mon WWE surprise us)
Christian and Tyson Tomko over Regal/Eugene
Shelton Benjamin over Maven
Lita over Trish
Kane over Snitsky
Hassan over Lawler
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1690 on: January 09, 2005, 07:05:15 PM »

HHH
Regal/Eugene
Shelton Benjamin
Lita
Kane
Hassan
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1691 on: January 09, 2005, 08:35:58 PM »

Ill take Eugene & Regal
Trish
Benjamin
Hussan
Kane
HHH

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1692 on: January 09, 2005, 10:45:10 PM »

The worst PPV in years comes to mind.  The under-card was awful, i mean real bad.  The Women's and Intercontinental Title matches were both extremely short and complete jokes.  The Tag match opener was a bore and Kane vs Sniztky seemed to be going in slow motion, jeez these big men were bad.  As for the Elimination Chamber i was really enjoying it, until near the end it got down to HHH, Batista & Randy Orton and there were no shocks or cool endings just a little glimpse of HHH screwing Batista by not saving him when he could.  Due to the efforts of Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit this PPV gets a D+
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1693 on: January 10, 2005, 05:03:24 AM »

The worst PPV in years comes to mind.? The under-card was awful, i mean real bad.? The Women's and Intercontinental Title matches were both extremely short and complete jokes.? The Tag match opener was a bore and Kane vs Sniztky seemed to be going in slow motion, jeez these big men were bad.? As for the Elimination Chamber i was really enjoying it, until near the end it got down to HHH, Batista & Randy Orton and there were no shocks or cool endings just a little glimpse of HHH screwing Batista by not saving him when he could.? Due to the efforts of Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit this PPV gets a D+

That good huh?

I don't even watch wrestling at all any more - but still check this thread in case it suddenly improves.

The card looked awful but i expected better from an elimination chamber match.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #1694 on: January 10, 2005, 11:34:13 AM »

Hmm, at least the Intercontinental match was a cop out, and did more to show how good Shelton is, seeing as Maven is so poor that an actual match would have been shit. It did what was intended though, give Shelton another push, so that was fair enough.

Up until it was only HHH, Batista and Orton left, the Elimination Chamber ruled. I've never seen one before, and it was so fucking cool.

When was the first Chamber match? Who was in it, and was the PPV that it was on any good? I might try and check it out. (Don't tell me who won if it was good, because, well....it's fun)

But yeah, I genuinly swore out loud when I realised it was going to be a screw job. It fucking sucked so much, and took everything away from a great match. I HATE Fliar, get the fuck rid of him. Such a hanger on, and I just hope that WHEN Batista leaves Evolution Flair will fuck off and go lie in his piles money somewhere.

Kane Snitsky could have been so much better. Kane was far too much a crowd pleaser, what with his celebrating and all, to have any relation whatsover to the Kane of old. Argh.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #1695 on: January 11, 2005, 11:02:56 AM »

What a joke it was.

Randy Orton is a terrible wrestler, I can't believe Batista ,Jericho, Benoit and even Edge were eliminated before that loser. Some say Batista does only a few moves but at least his actually have destructive impact and most of all LOOK good. Orton's RKO was insulting bad on Batista. The rest of the PPV was bad as well.

Thank God people in the UK like me didn't have to pay for it, I only got screwed out of a blank tape to record it on.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #1696 on: January 11, 2005, 03:50:49 PM »

Well, I got screwed out of sleep. I was 'revising' when I watched it.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1697 on: January 11, 2005, 04:26:44 PM »

Hmm, at least the Intercontinental match was a cop out, and did more to show how good Shelton is, seeing as Maven is so poor that an actual match would have been shit. It did what was intended though, give Shelton another push, so that was fair enough.

Up until it was only HHH, Batista and Orton left, the Elimination Chamber ruled. I've never seen one before, and it was so fucking cool.

When was the first Chamber match? Who was in it, and was the PPV that it was on any good? I might try and check it out. (Don't tell me who won if it was good, because, well....it's fun)

But yeah, I genuinly swore out loud when I realised it was going to be a screw job. It fucking sucked so much, and took everything away from a great match. I HATE Fliar, get the fuck rid of him. Such a hanger on, and I just hope that WHEN Batista leaves Evolution Flair will fuck off and go lie in his piles money somewhere.

Kane Snitsky could have been so much better. Kane was far too much a crowd pleaser, what with his celebrating and all, to have any relation whatsover to the Kane of old. Argh.
I was enjoying right up until the same point as you were, Benoit & Jericho put on some great action and well done to Jericho for taking the bumbs e.g. nearly everyone's finisher and flying into the cameraman and well done to Benoit for some proper wrestling and the class dive off the top of the chamber.  I'm all for those 2 getting it on at 'Mania.  Anywayz dude the first Chamber was at Survivor Series 2002 w/ HBK, HHH, Kane, RVD, Booker T & Chris Jericho...it ruled.  The second was not bad if i remember correctly it was at Summerslam 2003 w/ HBK, HHH, Goldberg, Randy Orton, Chris Jericho & Kevin Nash.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #1698 on: January 11, 2005, 05:38:10 PM »

Was the rest of Survivor Series '02 any good?

That was at my height of not watching wrestling, so maybe I'll buy it. Worth it?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1699 on: January 11, 2005, 08:54:32 PM »

Was the rest of Survivor Series '02 any good?

That was at my height of not watching wrestling, so maybe I'll buy it. Worth it?

6 Man Tables Match: Bubba Dudley/Spike Dudley/Jeff Hardy vs 3 Minute Warning/Rico
Cruiserweight Title Match: Billy Kidman vs Jamie Noble
Women's Hardcore Match: Victoria vs Trish Stratus
Undisputed Title Match: Brock Lesnar vs The Big Show
Smackdown Tag Titles: Rey Mysterio/Edge vs Kurt Angle/Chris Benoit vs Eddie/Chavo Guerrero
Elimination Chamber: HHH vs HBK vs Booker T vs Chris Jericho vs Kane vs RVD

The Chamber & Smackdown Tag Title match ruled it's worth getting the PPV for those 2 alone especially since they take up a major part of the time anyway, add to that the debut of a WCW LEGEND and the reformation of one the the greatest tag teams ever it's a damn good ppv....go buy it ok
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: