Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:19:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 848402 times)
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #1620 on: November 19, 2004, 02:25:15 PM »

Vis is cool, he is more interesting to watch in the ring that cheese like John Cena because Vis is so fat and he looks cool.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #1621 on: November 19, 2004, 02:30:00 PM »

Vis will flop (and I don't mean his finisher) unless they back him up with a seriously good storyline.  He's not the sort of bloke who can let his wrestling do the talking!!

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1622 on: November 21, 2004, 01:05:16 PM »

Vis is cool, he is more interesting to watch in the ring that cheese like John Cena because Vis is so fat and he looks cool.
Nah he suckes i hope you're joking he can't wrestle, just like John Cena can't.  Cena though has the look and can use the mic even if he is sounding dated now, Vis on Raw a few weeks back looked the same as he did all those years ago in The Ministry.  Just been home this weekend and watching all the wrestling my folks have taped for me while i have been at university.  I must say Survivor Series was pretty good apart from the Smackdown matches [cruiserweight was excellent though], the main event and IC Title match was class, the women's doesn't really count as a match good to see them getting violent though.  Ok i thought i would rate wrestlers at the moment e.g. how well gimmicks and performances are going:

Great
Edge - Since he turned heel i have really enjoyed him i think he is performing well in and out of the ring right now, i hope he gets a feud w/ Randy Orton down the line over the World Title, unlikely while HHH still has it though.

Billy Kidman - Since they turned him into a 'psycho' i have actually been interested in his matches he keeps showing he can actually wrestle and now he has a personality to go with it.

JBL - I still don't believe the guy is a good wrestler but i think he's putting in a lot of effort to show that he is better than most think he has improved and his gimmick is wonderful i really am enjoying it now, he's like a modern day Ted Dibiase

Simon Dean - I have high hopes for this guy he is really funny and i have heard he is actually a good in-ring wrestler i hope he gets pushed properly i think his size could go against him in Vince's eyes although it should n't.

Good
HHH - Like most i hate his long title reigns but at least the guy can wrestle and use the mic better than most he's consistent at least.

Shelton Benjamin - This guy has no personality and that really pisses me off because i am enjoying his in-ring performances, he's good but at the moment like a black version of Chris Benoit.

Christian - Despite not being pushed to the max and jobbing a lot recently his new theme and jacket he wears to the ring are pretty cool and whether winning or losing he is always entertaining.

Randy Orton - His push and long journey to regain the gold [at 'Mania 21 most probably] continues and he is great although since turning face i feel he has lost it a bit maybe a heel turn down the line would be a good idea.

Awful
John Heinenreich, Kenzo Suzuki, Rene Dupree, Carlito Caribbean Cool, Rosey, Sylvain Grenier.  I won't even bother explaining why those are awful at the moment it should be obvious!!!!
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #1623 on: November 21, 2004, 02:46:28 PM »

Awful
John Heinenreich, Kenzo Suzuki, Rene Dupree, Carlito Caribbean Cool, Rosey, Sylvain Grenier.  I won't even bother explaining why those are awful at the moment it should be obvious!!!!

It is very obvious!!  CCC looked cool in his pre-debut videos but he's such a waste of time.  I thought Smackdown needed a decent wrestler not another shit one!!!

Smackdown seem to have got something right for a change, the tag team of Rey Mysterio and RVD.  I watched their match vs Kenzo and Renee Deupree this week and it sucked balls - would it hurt the WWE to have a title change hands on a house show occasionally?  The only good thing in that match was Kenzo getting his face busted, at least he didn't have to rely on his poor skills to make it look convincing!  Rey Mysterio is one of the only things I find interesting on Smackers and even his matches are nearly always the same.

Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #1624 on: November 21, 2004, 03:01:54 PM »

La Resistance and Renee Dupree are good. John Cena is lame.

Evolution
« Reply #1625 on: November 21, 2004, 03:40:09 PM »

I agree with your views on Edge these days Stoned,

he really feels like he should be a main eventer now

Edge Vs Orton summerslam 2005 or there abouts? ok
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #1626 on: November 22, 2004, 10:29:03 AM »

I think it what have been better if Cena and Orton were put together as a tag-team in their debut rather than these over-hyped main-eventers, in which they will probably die-out in a few years. Unlike Lesnar who was always great from the beginning, for example the fans chose him over The Rock when Lesnar was a heel, what are the chances of that?

Edge is cool like Christian.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1627 on: November 24, 2004, 08:35:00 PM »

wrestling was actually good monday night, loved the angle with bautista was a great swerve for a change.

what are they gonna do with Kane now? i mean i think he has ran his course, there is not one possible thing they can do with Kane now, every angle has been exposed. Christian needs a huge push, this guy is great, gene stinsky or whatever his name is, he is ok but seems a little overtly fake.

jericho's career is in the shitter, i cant believe how they have destroyed jericho, he needs to turn back heel, his face turn just doesnt work.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #1628 on: November 25, 2004, 01:05:29 PM »

Yeah, I hope they mold the rosters back into one.

The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #1629 on: November 26, 2004, 12:23:01 AM »

Ladies and Gentleman, WWE's Newest DVD release

Personally, I can't wait.  peace  ok  yes  beer

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #1630 on: November 26, 2004, 01:23:31 PM »

Hmm yes!  You never know they might do that?  Maybe those two would make an interesting tag team?  They suck in singles.

The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #1631 on: November 28, 2004, 01:05:28 AM »

Hmm yes! You never know they might do that? Maybe those two would make an interesting tag team? They suck in singles.

DON'T YOU INSULT THE GREAT SNITSKY LIKE THAT EVER AGAIN!

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #1632 on: November 28, 2004, 06:47:26 AM »

Snitsky is cool.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1633 on: November 29, 2004, 11:14:17 PM »

wrestling was actually great tonight!

i was entertained just about the entire show.

the battle royal was nicely done, i really thought bautista would win then i thought benoit would win, so they totally surprised me there.

then the main event, holy fuck what a main event, it was riveting, very suspensful and an unbelievable finish, and they finally did what they use to do in the old days, they left us hanging! which is great, makes u want to tune into raw next week to find out what happened

i figured somethin would happen and triple h would keep the belt but hopefully the title will change hands.

Jericho is the general manager next week so that should be awesome! nice exchange with jericho and trish backstage, very very funny.

so im actually optimistic about wrestilng again, cause they did a great job tonight!

did u see Ric Flair after he got eliminated from the battle royal, that was the funniest shit ive ever seen!!!!

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1634 on: December 03, 2004, 09:06:21 AM »

Ya Raw was good this past week..Smackdown kicked ass to..There bringin there divas back into some key roles..and the storylines are gettin good to...Taker murdered Orlando,JBL and The Bashams

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1635 on: December 04, 2004, 06:36:44 PM »

Smackdown kicked ass to
It's definately improving i like how they are forming stables on this show.? I like the Kurt Angle, Luther Reigns, Mark Jindrak group.....having Angle makes up for the lack of in-ring ability on Reigns part and Jindrak i think has potential he certainly has the look, saying that though if his in-ring wrestling is no better in say 12 months time i think they should send him back to OVW until it gets good.? Reigns though is one of those guys who will never be a good wrestler so for the most part he will have to be put with those who are good wrestlers and can carry him and he needs to have a gimmick that gets way over.....hell it worked for The Undertaker!!? Speaking of stables JBL? is finally getting one i said awhile back he's like a modern day Ted Dibiase and now like the great man had later in his career he is getting one and just like Dibiase he has a muppet side-kick....anyone remember Virgil?? The Bashams have finally found their perfect role as stooges, they make up the numbers and JBL looks even more of a force to be reckoned with, a great stable is one which stays together for a long time not ones pushed together then split up.? Far too many have wrestlers in all going for the same title, causing friction and an eventual split.? Evolution is a good example i enjoyed them to start with but Orton achieved main-event status so his part with them was gone and it looks like Batista will soon follow this pattern, word has it his push to the top is not far away.? With JBL you know Orlando and The Bashams will never reach his level on the card so conflict will be kept to the minimum.? Thing these days is stability is needed, more groups, more tag teams....i believe the lack of these or at least decent ones has caused a decline now on Smackdown you need a big face group who can feud with both Angle & JBL's factions.? Now following my logic you need a great wrestler in the group and some no personality muppets, but hopefully ones who can wrestle.? In a recent angle they seemed to push Josh Matthews it would be a good place for him to start,? Charlie Haas is a damn good wrestler who seems on the verge of discovering a personality,? Johnny Nitro formerly of Raw is in OVW and could debut on Smackdown,? Paul London is outstanding but because of his size will never main event this would be great for him and to round things off, as the leader, once he has been forced to improve his mic skills Rob Van Dam.? The guy is wasted in a tag team and something like this i think may make me care about him once again.? As i said Smackdown is improving and hopefully it will continue to, bad news is i just read they have sacked Paul Heyman as a writer again and maybe it is just coincidence but whenever he is employed as a writer the product is so much better.

I was wondering why NWA-TNA hardly ever gets mentioned in this thread.  Up until going to University in September i had been watching it on TWC here in the UK and thought it was great.  Both the Tag Team Division & X-Division were class with some amazing stuff, i also liked seeing old faces.  Now even though i have only been able to watch WWE recently i have checked the TNA news on the net and i understand financially they aren't well off at all.  The good thing is though the product i saw them present was class and i hope they become stronger and i have the opportunity to watch them more, if for instance they had their PPV's shown over here i would definately pay to watch them.  I heard their Victory Road PPV got an impressive buyrate which is good to know.  Tonight it is Turning Point which i wish i could see, look at this card:

Six Man Tag Team Match
- "The Macho Man" Randy Savage, Jeff Hardy & AJ Styles vs. The Kings of Wrestling (Jeff Jarrett, Kevin Nash & Scott Hall).

X Division Championship Match
- Petey Williams (c) vs. Chris Sabin.

Six Sides of Steel Cage Match
(The losing team will no longer remain a tag team)
- America's Most Wanted vs. Triple X.

Serengeti Survival Match
- "Alpha Male" Monty Brown vs. Abyss.

Special Challenge Match
- Diamond Dallas Page vs. Raven.

NWA World Tag Team Championship Match
- 3 Live Kru vs. Team Canada.

- Kid Kash, Michael Shane & Kazarian vs. Hector Garza, Sonjay Dutt & Sonny Siaki.

- Pat Kenney, Johnny B. Badd & Jaqueline Moore vs. Glen Gilberti, Johnny Swinger & Trinity.

Jeff Hardy & A.J. Styles especially will carry the main event and Petey Williams & Chris Sabin should put on an amazing X-Division match, i bet WWE which their Cruiserweight Division was even half as good.  So who here is interested by the company?  Who watches it?  And obviously what do you think?  Problem here in the UK is not only can i not watch it while i am at university when i can it's not current...e.g. live, it's not even delayed by 1 week it's 6 damn months behind rant
« Last Edit: December 05, 2004, 03:58:18 PM by Stoned » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1636 on: December 05, 2004, 08:55:53 PM »

hell yeah dude i watch nwa tna
i just wasnt sure if u guys got that over in europe so i never really mentioned it.

they have some innovative fuckin moves. how about that piledriver thing in the x division

im still learning who is who, isnt it petey williams who has that reverse piledriver thing?

the DDP vs Raven angle is great

i love how they are suppose to show some kind of WWE footage on the ppv wednesday that could get them sued. i wish they would get on a major network and go head to head with WWE

watchin TNA makes me realize what has happened to the WWE i can now put my finger on it.

they've outlawed so many moves in the WWE that every single fuckin match is the same, theres no originality or cool shit in matches anymore.

damn remember the first and second TLC matches!!! holy shit!

now u got a bunch of dudes who wont bump and it hurts the product, but these guys in TNA go all out and its exciting to watch, once i learn who the wrestlers are and start caring about them it will be even better.

ive watched it maybe 3 or 4 times, but when ive watched it ive loved it, i just always forget to watch it most of the time cause im usually asleep when it comes on.

it comes on here fridays at 3pm

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1637 on: December 05, 2004, 09:05:55 PM »

im still learning who is who, isnt it petey williams who has that reverse piledriver thing?
If it's the move i think you mean then it's A.J. Styles, the move where he gets them up for the piledriver then drops them on thier front, straight forward, it's called The Styles Clash.  He is outstanding well they both are but i have seen more of him i have only seen Petey Williams a few times but when i have he has been outstanding i loved him in the X-Cup when Team Canada battled Team Mexico of the AAA orginazation Hector Garza & Juvintud Guerrera
were class shame Juvintud Guerrera fell out with AAA and ain't around now.  I've read when Billy Gunn's 90 day clause of not fighting with anyother company expires he is going to join TNA to feud with B.G James formely his tag team partner in The New Age Outlaws only problem is all his name's are copyrighted by WWE including Billy Gunn, wonder what they will call him?
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #1638 on: December 06, 2004, 01:58:05 PM »

did u see Ric Flair after he got eliminated from the battle royal, that was the funniest shit ive ever seen!!!!

The man knows how to entertain!  I thought that bit was genious.  I think they should re-release his DVD to include that, maybe with an interview from one of the fans he grabbed!

RAW was pretty good that night, there weren't as many poor matches as usual.  I'm getting very bored of Eugene now.  The main event was pretty good, the best they've had for ages.  The only problem is that you can always be 100% sure that Triple H won't loose his belt cos it wasn't a main event.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1639 on: December 06, 2004, 08:01:32 PM »

If it's the move i think you mean then it's A.J. Styles, the move where he gets them up for the piledriver then drops them on thier front, straight forward, it's called The Styles Clash.? He is outstanding well they both are but i have seen more of him i have only seen Petey Williams a few times but when i have he has been outstanding i loved him in the X-Cup when Team Canada battled Team Mexico of the AAA orginazation Hector Garza & Juvintud Guerrera
were class shame Juvintud Guerrera fell out with AAA and ain't around now.? I've read when Billy Gunn's 90 day clause of not fighting with anyother company expires he is going to join TNA to feud with B.G James formely his tag team partner in The New Age Outlaws only problem is all his name's are copyrighted by WWE including Billy Gunn, wonder what they will call him?

im not sure billy gunn getting a name change is such a bad thing, a fresh start definitely couldnt hurt

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: