Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:23:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 848415 times)
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #1600 on: November 01, 2004, 09:13:22 AM »

I just wondered if anybody could direct me to a site where I could buy the following on DVD (Although if not available, video would do just nicely) nice and cheaply...

Bad Blood 1997
Wrestlemania 14
Wrestlemania 15

I fear the first may be out of print....

There's more, but I can't remember them off the top of my head though...

Thankyou.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1601 on: November 01, 2004, 10:24:17 AM »

I was a huge fan through teh 80's till the steroid bullshit and when the federation split.. SO many of my favs left..

I wish they didn't splity smackdown n raw into two nights.. I hate knowing only certain wrestlers will be there.. The element of suprise is gone..
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #1602 on: November 01, 2004, 12:06:25 PM »

My favourite years of WWE were 1997-2002, was alright in 2003 but is probably better now.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1603 on: November 01, 2004, 12:09:35 PM »

My favourite years of WWE were 1997-2002, was alright in 2003 but is probably better now.

I liked th older stuff..I use to watch both wcw n wwf because alot of my favs left.. For a while the wwf was slacking.. I liked the ausit n vince stuff, rock was cool.. I love the undertaker, old really..WHen smackdown introduced JBL and the eddie bullshit I was bored..
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #1604 on: November 01, 2004, 03:40:22 PM »

I liked th older stuff..I use to watch both wcw n wwf because alot of my favs left.. For a while the wwf was slacking.. I liked the ausit n vince stuff, rock was cool.. I love the undertaker, old really..WHen smackdown introduced JBL and the eddie bullshit I was bored..

Yeah, but JBL's character is quite good though. It would improve if HHH and Kurt Angle switched shows and be by themselves, as most top heels usually have allies making them look like they need them to be successful when they don't.

The Ministry were one of the greatest things ever.

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #1605 on: November 02, 2004, 09:07:07 AM »

1997-2002 was the time when I watched wrestling almost religously and it was fantastic. For me this incredible surge start of this was towards the end of 1997, with Kanes first appearance, up untill the horrible, horrible McMahon-Helmsley awful bullshit storyline. But, saying that, 95 and beyond was also great as well.

It was at a time when the WWF would take their major storylines very seriously, and still acted as though wrestling was real. But since about 2001/2002 they just became lax and basically gave up pretending wrestling was real in any way at all.

I loved Wrestling of that era, and some of my favourite PPV's that I don't alreayd own are Bad Blood and Wrestlemania's 14 and 15.

Now I know none of you have directed me to a site that sells those PPV's, but that's probably because you think I'm Chris and nobody likes him. It's used illusions, don't worry, you all love me.  Smiley

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1606 on: November 03, 2004, 01:22:11 PM »

Now I know none of you have directed me to a site that sells those PPV's,

Bombard Stoned with emails he knows more about wrestling that WWE does...

but that's probably because you think I'm Chris and nobody likes him. It's used illusions, don't worry, you all love me.  Smiley

We're not fooled - we know your Chris in disguise Wink

As for wrestling - the storylines where just so much better 3-4 years ago - i dug out some of my old ppv's - the build up is incredible, it really got u going - now u just don't care.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #1607 on: November 03, 2004, 04:26:47 PM »

Exactly.

The highlight / story / background reels that they used to show before the matches around that time were incredible. I remember the Kane / Undertaker one at Wrestlemania 14...Now that truly was amazing.

Now it's just "you beat me once, and then I beat you by cheating, and then I got the boys to beat you up, and you made fun of me".

The little story things with Michael Cole narrating were the best.

I love that guy!! He is the only commentator around at the moment that is right up there with JR and the King.

Now they have horrible Coach and...That twat that does whatever livewire is now, and they're both awful in interviews because they can't act and look stupid. Michael Cole was brilliant when interviewing people because he genuinly looked scared, as well as asking decent questions and helping to carry the interview.

...Which brings me onto my next point, Livewire used to rule!! You genuinly felt like you were watching a highlights programme for a genuine sport as opposed to now where it's just...ugh...and that guy is just...ugh.

I could talk about it for hours.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1608 on: November 04, 2004, 10:04:45 AM »

One of the reasons the storylines died a death was the brand extension - u used to get 8 shows for this fued to develop, sometimes it would last months and months - now the ppv's seem to come quicker than ever and you have just the 4 shows - additionally 2 shows a week kept the tempo up - by the time RAW comes on the following week i can barely remember what happened last week....

Ah..i remember the classic storylines Summerslam 2001 and the whole Triple H/Kurt/Steph love triangle thing....those where the days.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #1609 on: November 04, 2004, 10:11:49 AM »

No no no, that wasn't a classic storyline!

It was good for the time, and barely just verging on okay in comparrison to what came before.

And anyway, I'm talking about the storylines before Smackdown was around, so there were still only four shows to develop it.  Tongue

Although, saying that, the In Your House's were in no way as big as the in between PPV's are now...But they died around the beggining of 1998, although don't quote me on that...

...Was Rock Bottom the last In Your House? For a moment I was thinking it was Unforgiven, for some reason, I don't know why...Rock Bottom, wasn't it? At the end of 1998. In 1999 I think they lost the 'In Your House' title completly...

...But maybe not.

...But still, your excuse, denied.  Tongue

Next.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1610 on: November 08, 2004, 05:46:11 AM »

does anyone here watch NWA TNA?? they have some innovative fantastic shit! its amazing some of themoves they do.

WWE started sucking when they toned down the language and action.

the day they told RVD to tone his style down cause he was burning the crowd out before the main even was the day wrestling died.

Now there are very limited amounts of moves wrestlers can do, its basically one gigantic brawl.

the storylines make WCW Thunder seem entertaining.

ive watched wrestling only 4 times in the last 2 months and its all i can do to sit through it anymore.

They have destroyed Chris Jericho *my fav*? they dont use Christian right and he is one of the few entertaining personalities left.

I agree with Izzy, they have no feuds, its just ridiculous and also Used Illusions, u beat me, i cheat and beat u then whatever.

Its totally horrible.

end the brand extension put back in piledrivers and daredevil shit, i mean its wrestling for fucks sake.

then do somethin about JR and King, they just dont seem into it anymore, they dont sound genuine anymore like they know what they are watchin is shitty product but they have to fake it anyway.

Wrestling really really sucks right now.

They use to go by fan reaction and what the fans wanted to see, now its just like the WCW bullshit. top guys keep their spots and there is no room for advancement, basically cause the rosters are limited and we get the same tired as feuds.

END THE BRAND EXTENSION!!!!!!!!!!!!

ive watched smackdown once in the last year.? what happened to my passion for wrestling?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1611 on: November 08, 2004, 06:13:00 AM »

cant believe no one posted this

WWE released 10 wrestlers last week: Billy Gunn, A-Train, Test, Nidia, Chuck Palumbo, Rodney Mack, Jazz, Johnny Stamboli, Rico and Gail Kim. The two surprises on that list are Test and Nidia. Test (Andrew Martin) had been recovering from a neck injury, and his real-life girlfriend, Stacy Keibler, still is a member of the active "Raw" roster. WWE rarely, if ever, releases an injured superstar. Nidia was the first female "Tough Enough" winner, so her departure seems bizarre because she was the product of a WWE-produced show. Giving up on her so quickly almost nullifies any credibility "Tough Enough" still had as a legitimate platform for new superstars. If the casual fan learns of Nidia's release, what incentive does he or she have to watch the latest group of WWE hopefuls competing for a job on "Smackdown."

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1612 on: November 08, 2004, 07:07:24 AM »

cant believe no one posted this

WWE released 10 wrestlers last week: Billy Gunn, A-Train, Test, Nidia, Chuck Palumbo, Rodney Mack, Jazz, Johnny Stamboli, Rico and Gail Kim. The two surprises on that list are Test and Nidia. Test (Andrew Martin) had been recovering from a neck injury, and his real-life girlfriend, Stacy Keibler, still is a member of the active "Raw" roster. WWE rarely, if ever, releases an injured superstar. Nidia was the first female "Tough Enough" winner, so her departure seems bizarre because she was the product of a WWE-produced show. Giving up on her so quickly almost nullifies any credibility "Tough Enough" still had as a legitimate platform for new superstars. If the casual fan learns of Nidia's release, what incentive does he or she have to watch the latest group of WWE hopefuls competing for a job on "Smackdown."

Fuck,? can't believe all those wrestlers have been released looks like WWE got their asses into gear getting ridd of all that crap only 2 wrestlers out of that list i would of kept would have been Billy Gunn & Johnny Stamboli.? Gunn? has had some good and bad gimmicks but he was better than most thought they could of done something with him, it's probably more to do with him being in drug rehab.  Test is a surprise since he was injured although he was crap T&A sucked as did his entire singles career and he was never that good a wrestler.  Nidia was crap and i don't care that she has now been ditched.  Gail Kim was doomed from the start of her career when she blew about 3 spots in her debut match.  Chuck Palumbo was another guy who could not wrestle and none of his gimmicks ever worked does anyone know what his last gimmick was meant to be?  On another note i voted for him to get a Intercontinental title shot at Taboo Tuesday for comedy value i mean imagine if everyone had and WWE would of been forced to use him, hell he might still have a job now.  Rodney Mack & Jazz i guess are a package deal since they are married.  Jazz was good though in-ring at least compared to most women but lacked the looks WWE want out of women.  Mack had a shit gimmick and once Long went to Smackdown what could they of done with him?  Rico is a big surprise he was a Smackdown regular his gimmick was not great but it had it's moments and his wrestling was not too bad.  A-Train is another one who i never liked he never had the look or skills good ridance.
  Moving on i have read other people could be released soon, the question is who should be?  I would say The Basham Brothers, Rosey, Eugene, Maven, Mark Henry [Who is injured but hell they still ditched Test ], Tyson Tomko, Bill Demott [Shit as a commentator worse as a wrestler], Hardcore Holly, Heidenreich, Orlando Jordan & Scotty 2 Hotty.  If you ditch all those wrestlers then you can have the one roster you all desire i believe.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2004, 11:05:41 AM by Stoned » Logged
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1613 on: November 08, 2004, 04:21:01 PM »

Who would i release?

Well - before i begin it must be remember the difference between a good wrestler and a crap wrestler is often no more than his gimmick

Example Kane and Undertaker - awful mike skills, can't actually wrestle but we all want to see them!

Now, who's fault is it for bad gimmicks? WWE. They sack others because of their own lack of imagination.

At this point i'd probably release everyone on Smackdown (save Guerro, Angle and Taker) and 90% of the people on RAW and then the handful of remenants could fight it out. Okay we would have virtually no one left but at least the remains would be good and smackdown would be gone eyeyeyyeyeyeye

Quick! To the bandwagon!
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #1614 on: November 09, 2004, 01:09:21 PM »

My choices for releases:

RAW:  Chris Nowinski, Christy, Eugene, Garrison Cade, Gene Snitsky, Ivory, Maven, Rosey, Tyson Tomko.

Smackers:  Al Snow, Bil Demott, Danny Basham, Doug Basham, Kenzo Suzuki & Hiroko, Heidenreich, Luther Reigns, Mark Jindrak, Shannon Moore.

One or two of these I might keep if they got decent gimmicks or something.  Some are past it, some never had it.  Some are just not that exciting.

A lot of the names I haven't mentioned need improving upon.  Nunzio for starters - what's the point in him currently?  Talk about making up the numbers.  The Rock also needs to get in the ring (so to speak) or just leave, he's too good to have drifting in and out.

The WWE haven't recovered from the loss of Goldberg and Lesnar - they've had their places taken by JBL and Eddie G pretty much - hence Smackdown sucking ass.  They need to have more titles changing hands on RAW/Smackdown.  They need to increase the level of high-risk moves.  They need to stop using these formulaic feuds they've been using lately.  They need to have less matches that just go 'brawl-submissionmove-suplex-brawl-overtoprope-brawl-brawlagain-brawlagain-pantsfinish'.

And I never want to see another match end when a ref gets knocked down, someone runs down the ramp with a steel chair and nails the other bloke, then the ref gets up etc.  This seems to be WWE's lazy way of screwing faces.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1615 on: November 09, 2004, 06:13:25 PM »

i noticed last night that there are no more cool moves, u get punch, kick, ram head into something, punch, kick, body slam, a clothesline maybe a back drop, it sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

anyhow end the brand extension!!!!!!!!!

world title race would be

Triple H,Randy Orton,Shawn Micheals,Chris Benoit,Eddie Guerrero,big show,undertaker,JBL,kurt angle,Chris Jericho,Booker T

mid card intercontinental battles

RVD,christian,Kane,shelton benjamin, other smackdown guys *i dont watch smackdown*

bring back the cruiserweight division

u would have awesome tag team matches

it would be great

i couldnt sit through all of wrestling last night, best thing was snitsky kickin that baby, that was pretty hilarious.

Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #1616 on: November 10, 2004, 02:47:37 PM »

Ah..i remember the classic storylines Summerslam 2001 and the whole Triple H/Kurt/Steph love triangle thing....those where the days.....

Actually that was Summerlsam 2000. Anyway, it was a good storyline just like how Rikishi nailed SCSA in the car then Kurt Angle made that edited tape with the Rock being interviewed which was hilarious.

Edge and Christian owned ass.

Evolution
« Reply #1617 on: November 13, 2004, 09:02:24 PM »

OVW Developmental "Talents" Linda "Shaniqua" Miles and Desmond "Lamont" Thompson got their pink slips this week

Survivor Series Picks:

Randy Orton's Team
Eddie Guerrero's Team
Booker T
Billy Kidman
Lita
Shelton Benjamin
The Undertaker
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1618 on: November 16, 2004, 11:04:07 PM »

Bad news for anyone who likes wrestlers with actual talent and after the recent sackings of WWE wrestlers this supposed signing i found out about on www.backstagewrestling.com makes no sense it just goes to show Vinnie Mac really does like his big men:

We've been told that the very big 500 lb. plus Viscera has signed a new deal with WWE and will be working the RAW brand for now.

Viscera came out with new music and a new opening video last night for a dark match on RAW.

You should be seeing more of him in the coming weeks. Stay tuned.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1619 on: November 18, 2004, 12:20:20 PM »

Bad news for anyone who likes wrestlers with actual talent and after the recent sackings of WWE wrestlers this supposed signing i found out about on www.backstagewrestling.com makes no sense it just goes to show Vinnie Mac really does like his big men:

We've been told that the very big 500 lb. plus Viscera has signed a new deal with WWE and will be working the RAW brand for now.

Viscera came out with new music and a new opening video last night for a dark match on RAW.

You should be seeing more of him in the coming weeks. Stay tuned.

Yey! no

He won't last long....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: