Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 12:20:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 848471 times)
Evolution
« Reply #1580 on: October 12, 2004, 08:08:29 PM »

I would have loved to have gone to the Raw and Smackdown but i have a lot on this month. I read that the post WM 21 UK tour will include a Raw/SD aswell.

Whats everyone's plans to vote on at Taboo Tuesday?

Im going for:

Chris Benoit for the World Heavyweight Title Shot
Steven Richards(he never gets anything!) for the IC Title Match
School Girls for the divas
Head Shaved for Bisch/Eugene
Cage for Randy/Ric
Chair Match for Kane/Shitsky
and Evening Gown i guess for the Christy/Carmella bout

That Kane beat down on Val Venis was pretty good ok been a while since we've seen a full on chair assault. Serves Val right for wearing pink shoes....
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #1581 on: October 14, 2004, 03:19:33 PM »

I will vote for:

Benoit
Batista
School Girls
Dress
Cage
Chair
Lingerie pillow fight!!

That's a hatrick for Doull
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #1582 on: October 15, 2004, 07:26:42 PM »

I was at both the raw and smackdown shows and have to say was very impressed. Ive not been into wwe at all since wrestlemania and have never seen them live so i was a litle sceptical. It is very interesting seeing how the tv shows are shot and wierd without the commentary. But pretty much everyone except booker and cena on smackdown was there and it seemed as tho they were pushing the boat out for us. I would imagine it was one of the biggest crowds and best responses they have had for some time. Orton, Benoit and Michaels at the end of Raw were particularly cool. For those of you who watch smackdon this week, the undertaker will not be on the show however as a treat they did have him come out and plaster heindenreich and heyman for us, seeing his entrance live is an awesome experience i tell ye.

A couple of funny/other points from the tapings....
I hate regal but could not help myself go absolutely nuts along with everyone else when he 'won' the tag belts, he was loving it.
Some guy was dressed up as hogan and between every match he played to the crowd, he mustve had some of the biggest pops, half way through the show he climbed the stairs of the arena and found a dead ringer of foley aswell, it was quality!
During the main event some suicidal twat decided that his night wouldnt be complete without attempting to run into a ring with 6 large men, thankfully hbk stopped him getting far, because i think hhh would probably of killed him!
Big Show got one helluva pop, and the guy is absolutley massive its unreal.
Watch the hardcore match on sd! for some funny 'in jokes' for us brits
Stacy decided to where a man utd shirt - bad call hunny.
All in all a great couple of nights, raw had more stars and substance, but being so close at smackdown and the undertaker treat made it a tie for me.

In other news, the wwe's 2nd longest serving employee, first ever intercontinental champion and legendary match planner Pat Patterson has left the company. People are citing his displeasure at hhh's constant push as the main reason.

And finally, i urge you all to buy chris benoits dvd, hard knocks, its expensive but has a plethora of awesome matches on.
And if u are like 'hoggy' ul enjoy putting sabu's broken neck on super slow mo - ouch!

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1583 on: October 16, 2004, 01:04:26 PM »

I was at both the raw and smackdown shows and have to say was very impressed. Ive not been into wwe at all since wrestlemania and have never seen them live so i was a litle sceptical. It is very interesting seeing how the tv shows are shot and wierd without the commentary. But pretty much everyone except booker and cena on smackdown was there and it seemed as tho they were pushing the boat out for us. I would imagine it was one of the biggest crowds and best responses they have had for some time. Orton, Benoit and Michaels at the end of Raw were particularly cool. For those of you who watch smackdon this week, the undertaker will not be on the show however as a treat they did have him come out and plaster heindenreich and heyman for us, seeing his entrance live is an awesome experience i tell ye.

A couple of funny/other points from the tapings....
I hate regal but could not help myself go absolutely nuts along with everyone else when he 'won' the tag belts, he was loving it.
Some guy was dressed up as hogan and between every match he played to the crowd, he mustve had some of the biggest pops, half way through the show he climbed the stairs of the arena and found a dead ringer of foley aswell, it was quality!
During the main event some suicidal twat decided that his night wouldnt be complete without attempting to run into a ring with 6 large men, thankfully hbk stopped him getting far, because i think hhh would probably of killed him!
Big Show got one helluva pop, and the guy is absolutley massive its unreal.
Watch the hardcore match on sd! for some funny 'in jokes' for us brits
Stacy decided to where a man utd shirt - bad call hunny.
All in all a great couple of nights, raw had more stars and substance, but being so close at smackdown and the undertaker treat made it a tie for me.

Live wrestling is so much better - ur so much more 'into' it - even a clotheslinbe seems like the coolest move ever live! I'd have loved to have gone to those shows.... Cry

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1584 on: October 19, 2004, 04:58:06 PM »

Im gonna make my predictions for Taboo Tuesday:

Christy
Trish
Eric Bishoff
La Resistance to Loose
Jericho to win
Kane
Randy Orton
HHH

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1585 on: October 19, 2004, 05:05:22 PM »

I voted!

Not sure if i can be bothered to watch it though.......

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #1586 on: October 19, 2004, 05:21:26 PM »

I'm going to stay up and watch it, should be a lovely time.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #1587 on: October 19, 2004, 06:18:50 PM »

I've voted and was gonna watch it but alas I can't be bothered, I am taping it though, it could be a good show, interesting if nothing else.
I voted for Edge, Shelton, Cage, Servant, Chain, Lingerie Pillow, School Girls.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1588 on: October 19, 2004, 07:45:34 PM »

I'm staying up to watch it  Grin and i voted for:

Shawn Michaels
Chuck Palumbo

Cage
Head Shaved Bald
Lead Pipe
Evening Gown
Nurses
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1589 on: October 20, 2004, 01:09:15 AM »

someone please write me a review as soon as possible!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1590 on: October 20, 2004, 10:06:49 AM »

Ok D here ya go:

Taboo Tuesday Review
Overall i enjoyed the PPV.? The IC Title Match was a good not great but good opener i was happy to see Shelton Benjamin get the Gold even if his mic skills are poor.? The Women's Part of the show were too long and pointless so i won't get into them.? The Tag Title match was weak it was done more for progressing Edge's Heel turn rather than anything else, good to see Benoit made to look impressive single handedly beating La Resistance since Edge left him on his own.? Kane's match was pretty boring until the end when Gene did to Kane what he did to HBK, it was quite awful to see Kane crushed like he was, so much for being a monster.? Randy Orton vs Ric Flair headlined the PPV (i'm guessing this was due to HBK's injury) they put on a decent cage match, although i felt all the blood was used to make up for Flair being too past it, great handshake between the 2 at the end like the passing of the torch so to speak watching them embrace it was pretty damn cool.? The title match, considering the problems was pretty good (not too believable though).? HBK fucked his knee on Raw and could barely walk to the ring though he still had HHH beat and it needed Batista & Edge to come down for HHH to win, seems Edge is a fully fledged heel and i like it.? Now although ive knocked many of the matches as a whole i felt it came off quite well and i was not disappointed i guess many will be though.? Coach btw was great last night, and i nearly forgot Eric Bischoff got his head shaved and is well...pretty bald and grey Grin (his match sucked though)

Rating: B
« Last Edit: October 20, 2004, 01:29:58 PM by Stoned » Logged
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #1591 on: October 20, 2004, 02:08:46 PM »

I thought, in comparrison to what wrestling is these days, it was a very good PPV. I did really enjoy it, and it was fantastic how they gave the IC to Shelton, as well as the Tag Team to Benoit, title changes that very few people would have expected.

The end of the cage match was great, but does this mean the end of evolution?

I freakin' hope so because they bore me.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #1592 on: October 21, 2004, 05:54:42 AM »

I'm gunna watch the re-run on Sky tonight I think.

3 of the matches I voted for came true!

Can any one else see Edge joining Evolution? That would be good I think, although I think there should be a face stable set up with HBK and Benoit. And I wonder what's gunna happen with the tag titles.

I hope that Edge joins Evolution and Edge and Benoit have a 1 on 1 match to decide who keeps the Tag title's with the winner picking a partner, with Benoit winning and picking HBK, who set up a stable to rival Evolution.

That's a hatrick for Doull
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1593 on: October 21, 2004, 09:23:10 AM »

I'm gunna watch the re-run on Sky tonight I think.

3 of the matches I voted for came true!

Can any one else see Edge joining Evolution? That would be good I think, although I think there should be a face stable set up with HBK and Benoit. And I wonder what's gunna happen with the tag titles.

I hope that Edge joins Evolution and Edge and Benoit have a 1 on 1 match to decide who keeps the Tag title's with the winner picking a partner, with Benoit winning and picking HBK, who set up a stable to rival Evolution.

From a storyline point of view Edge did what he did to HBK because he wanted the title, therefore he would not join Evolution because he's still after that belt, look what happened to Randy Orton when he went after it.  As for a HBK/Benoit stable, HBK has to much charisma to be paired with Chris Benoit on a full time basis.
Evolution
« Reply #1594 on: October 21, 2004, 10:12:01 PM »

I was at work today and to pass the mind-numbingly boring, tedious tasks quicker i started thinking about possible idea for WWE Survivor Series. Just a few fun ideas i came up with up  Wink

As WWE are going to want to keep the whole Randy/Evolution thing going strong how about a good old fashioned Survivor Series style elimination bout.

Evolution and Edge Vs Chris Benoit,Shawn Michaels,Randy Orton and Chris Jericho

This serves to advance the Edge/HBK feud with maybe Edge picking up the injured HBK's elimination(assuming he sticks around a little more).  This would lead to Edge/HBK at Royal Rumble for a spot in the match itself. Y2J/Batista can carry on their feud and Orton and Benoit can keep in the Title hunt leading into the WM21 countdown. If WWE wants they can tease an offical Flair faceturn after his Taboo Tuesday handshake with Randy.

I read that JBL/Suzuki/Dupree VS Booker T/RVD and Mysterio has been signed for SD this week. Possibly with The Undertaker being lumbered with Heidenreich, Booker T can finally get his PPV shot at the WWE Championship.

WWE Championship
Booker T Vs JBL(Champion)

i feel JBL's reign has been a surprising success IMO. He can now run out his WWE career as a high mid card heel. Time for Booker to get his oppurtunity to shine. At this stage of his career Booker Huffman must realise his time is nearly up. One of the hardest working wrestlers WWE has i feel this could be a great match if booked well. Armageddon on Dec 12th is a SD PPV so a rematch is no problem.

The Undertaker Vs Heidenreich

This is another case of rushing a green big boy. Heidenreich is'nt even ready to wrestle on TV yet and has never been. I would book this as a No Holds Barred match of some kind to attempt to mask Heidy's limitations. Obviously with Taker to win

Another situation on RAW is the state of the World Tag Team Championship. With Benoit and Edge a face/heel combo something has to give. Maybe a title defence against Rhyno/Tajiri(god knows they deserve a decent chance) with another Edge walkout/no-show can lead to Rhyno/Tajiri gettting "the rub" La Resistance got back in May and a Chris Benoit/Edge main event on a RAW leading into Survivor Series.

I believe having Shelton Benjamin defeat Chris Jericho clean at Taboo Tuesday for the IC title was a great decision. The PPV should open with a strong title defense for Shelton against a disgruntled IC nominee who lost out, for example Christian. 2 young wrestlers having a quality encounter over the IC belt can only enhance the worth of the Superstars and the title itself.

And just some random thoughts(jeez i'm starting to sound like a internet colomnist hihi)

:~ Push Chavo Guerrero as a face in his return to action
:~ Create new Raw/SD tag teams immediately!!
Simon Dean and Rosey(Can Dean get obese Rosey in shape?)
Shannon Moore and Scotty Too Hotty
Jindrak and Reigns(c'mon them as Tag Champs and Kurt with the WWE Title would be an great sight!)
:~ Actually have London exact revenge on Kidman instead of sticking him back on Velocity.

So whilst writing those random thoughts i came up with some more idea for a final Survivor Series card:

WWE Survivor Series 14th November Gund Arena Cleveland,OH

Survivor Series Match
Evolution and Edge Vs Chris Benoit,Randy Orton,Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho

WWE Title Match
Booker T Vs JBL(Champion)

WWE US Title Match
Carlito Caribbean Cool(Champion) Vs Chavo Guerrero(i read a report saying this might be happening so this wasn't an idea of mine)

WWE IC Title Match
Shelton Benjamin(Champion) Vs Christian

WWE Tag Team Title Match
Kenzo Suzuki and Rene Dupree(Champions) Vs Rob Van Dam and Rey Mysterio

Survivor Series Match
Paul London,Nunzio,Charlie Haas and Rico Vs Billy Kidman,The Dudley Boyz and Spike Dudley

The Undertaker Vs Heidenreich

World Tag Team Title Match
Rhyno and Tajiri(Champions) Vs La Resistance Vs Eugene and William Regal Vs The Hurricane and Rosey

WWE Women's Title Match
Trish Stratus(Champion) Vs Lita("big" return)

Survivor Series Match
The Big Show,Eddie Guerrero,Hardcore Holly and Scotty Too Hotty(nearly only face left) Vs Kurt Angle,Mark Jindrak,Luther Reigns and Orlando Jordan

Im sure a Long/Bischoff segment can be written to pad out a bit more if needed.

Thanks for reading and yeah i do get very bored at work..... Embarrassed

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #1595 on: October 22, 2004, 06:16:14 PM »

You must get very bored at work.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1596 on: October 24, 2004, 02:42:44 PM »

Just thought you would all like to know the latest on Dr. Death this is from wwe.com:

Update on Dr. Death Steve Williams

Dr. Death Steve Williams is back in the hospital for further surgery to treat throat cancer. Williams underwent a laryngectomy (removal of the voice box) earlier this month. This time the doctors will be taking a piece of skin from Williams? leg and use it to patch a hole in his throat. The procedure takes approximately 10 hours, and Williams will be out for approximately 24 hours. The surgery is being done in hopes that Williams will eventually be able to speak again. Williams appreciates all of the support he has received from the WWE fans and asks for their continued support and prayers in this time of need.
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #1597 on: October 26, 2004, 08:57:59 PM »

Eh, Heidenreich is as green as Lettuce, might as well throw him and Taker into an elimination match.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1598 on: October 27, 2004, 06:08:49 PM »

Eh, Heidenreich is as green as Lettuce, might as well throw him and Taker into an elimination match.

Ur back, our posse is complete again Cheesy

Quick! To the bandwagon!
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #1599 on: October 29, 2004, 05:17:09 PM »

Ur back, our posse is complete again Cheesy

Thanks my good sir. I am back full time. I may not post a lot everyday anymore, but I will post everyday from now on.                                                                                                           

SNITSKY FOR PRESIDENT IN 04

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: