Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 08:34:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228557 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 848741 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1420 on: July 15, 2004, 02:49:33 PM »

I wish Flair was dead.

There, I said it.

U ain't the only one - we all hate him, make him go away!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Chris Misfit
« Reply #1421 on: July 17, 2004, 12:57:57 AM »

As much as I hate him, you've gotta respect the man boobs. As far as man boobs go, that guys got it going on.
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1422 on: July 17, 2004, 01:04:32 AM »

I agree Flairs matches are all the same but sometimes very entertaning.....not they got lots of time to build up fueds for Summerslam....it should be great....i didnt excpect to see Evolution beat on eugene..i wonder whats gpnna happen now...and smackdowns tonight..should be good..hopefully takers there

You ever see the movie Little Nicky? Maybe much like how in the end of that movie Valerie accidentally hit Nicky in the face with a shovel and fixed his goofy face, Evolution will have "accidentally" fixed Eugene's goofy mental state. They have done less logical things in the past.
Evolution
« Reply #1423 on: July 17, 2004, 07:44:49 AM »

An excellent read there Stoned, Thanks for posting

I bought the Flair boxset after hearing the rave reviews and was'nt blown away.

I respect Flair but only for his efforts pre- 1990's. He really seems an arsehole

I agree with Bret that a wrestler in his position should'nt be hilarious etc.

I think we may get Eugene/Regal Vs Flair/Batista or something at Summerslam

I heard a report ages ago that it might have been Foley/Flair but i doubt they will pair them up now, that is even if Mick does return.

Undertakers opponent is now scheduled to be Jon Heidenreich who is now accompanied by Paul Heyman. What a F'N shambles.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1424 on: July 17, 2004, 10:36:40 AM »

WWE released former tag-team champion Rikishi yesterday.

Rikishi hasn?t been in action lately due to an ankle injury, and the general feeling amongst others was that he wasn?t exactly hurrying to return as quickly as he could have. Reasons for this were believed to be down to the fact that he had a higher downside than an upside to wrestling, thus made just as much money not working, as he would have working.

It was also known that WWE wanted him to lost weight so that they could possibly change his gimmick, but he didn?t do so.

Thank fucking God 1 more crap wrestler down 978 to go
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1425 on: July 17, 2004, 12:56:08 PM »

WWE released former tag-team champion Rikishi yesterday.

Rikishi hasn?t been in action lately due to an ankle injury, and the general feeling amongst others was that he wasn?t exactly hurrying to return as quickly as he could have. Reasons for this were believed to be down to the fact that he had a higher downside than an upside to wrestling, thus made just as much money not working, as he would have working.

It was also known that WWE wanted him to lost weight so that they could possibly change his gimmick, but he didn?t do so.

Thank fucking God 1 more crap wrestler down 978 to go

Yey!

There cutting away at that dead wood - there getting there!!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1426 on: July 17, 2004, 02:42:36 PM »

Anyone who has a PS2 and has been getting the Smackdown games over the years will have noticed how they just keep getting better and better well this years sounds very good this is a piece i found on www.backstagewrestling.com

I can reveal, that the new match type on this years WWE SmackDown game, will be The Parking Lot Brawl. This will be the only new match type for this year.

Also, THQ confirmed the following superstars for the game:

John Cena, Randy Orton, Booker T, Ric Flair, Batista, Triple H, Chris Jericho, Rico, and Charlie Haas.

Additionally, we learned that Jim Ross, Jerry Lawler, and Eric Bischoff will also be in the game in a greater capacity than they were before.

Finally, THQ touched on some of the more presentational aspects of Smackdown! vs. RAW and revealed that for the first time in the series' history, the game will receive all-new music for the menu screens and in-game wrestling matches. What makes this musical enhancement even more interesting, though, is the fact that it will boast licensed tracks from established industry stars. Who these bands or individual singers will be, however, have not yet be revealed.

Another new presentational tidbit that's sure to please fans is the fact thay all the transition screens from Smackdown! and RAW television programming (ie: the graphics used to illustrate championship matches, the 'tale of tape' versus screens, and similar pre and post-match visuals) has been included as well, and the championship belts can finally be used as a weapon during matches. Even better, is that in an effort to add even more realism, Yuke's has implanted a new blur filter effect for submission moves to illustrate the pain or grogginess associated with the pain (it's also possible that this effect will be used for powerful blows to the head as well, but THQ still hasn't finalized that yet).
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1427 on: July 18, 2004, 04:34:52 PM »

Anyone who has a PS2 and has been getting the Smackdown games over the years will have noticed how they just keep getting better and better well this years sounds very good this is a piece i found on www.backstagewrestling.com

I can reveal, that the new match type on this years WWE SmackDown game, will be The Parking Lot Brawl. This will be the only new match type for this year.

Also, THQ confirmed the following superstars for the game:

John Cena, Randy Orton, Booker T, Ric Flair, Batista, Triple H, Chris Jericho, Rico, and Charlie Haas.

Additionally, we learned that Jim Ross, Jerry Lawler, and Eric Bischoff will also be in the game in a greater capacity than they were before.

Finally, THQ touched on some of the more presentational aspects of Smackdown! vs. RAW and revealed that for the first time in the series' history, the game will receive all-new music for the menu screens and in-game wrestling matches. What makes this musical enhancement even more interesting, though, is the fact that it will boast licensed tracks from established industry stars. Who these bands or individual singers will be, however, have not yet be revealed.

Another new presentational tidbit that's sure to please fans is the fact thay all the transition screens from Smackdown! and RAW television programming (ie: the graphics used to illustrate championship matches, the 'tale of tape' versus screens, and similar pre and post-match visuals) has been included as well, and the championship belts can finally be used as a weapon during matches. Even better, is that in an effort to add even more realism, Yuke's has implanted a new blur filter effect for submission moves to illustrate the pain or grogginess associated with the pain (it's also possible that this effect will be used for powerful blows to the head as well, but THQ still hasn't finalized that yet).

They are getting close to the perfect wrestling game - just needs a little more work on the 'realism' - they never quite captured what a WWE match is like - for a start its to hard to cheat and pull out brass knuckles smoking

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Evolution
« Reply #1428 on: July 18, 2004, 09:24:40 PM »

One look at both the RAW and SMACKDOWN rosters tells you that there are numerous wasted wrestlers so i am begging WWE to get more stables on the go

The Nation 2004:Rodney Mack,Mark Henry,Teddy Long,Jazz,Booker T perhaps. Instead of being Anti-White try being Pro-Black

Japan Inc.:Kenzo Suzuki,Hiroko,Ultimo Dragon,Akio,Sakoda and Funaki:These guys need to stick together to get any where in WWE

FBI:Nunzio,Johnny The Bull,Dawn Marie,Tazz(heel commentator), and any other New Yorkers

A revamped Evolution with Johnny Nitro and Maven instead of HHH

Bischoff's Boys:Eugene,Rhyno and Tajiri(Heel),Coach,Cade and Rosey hooking up with the 3 minute warning creator

The Church Of Christianity:Christian's own group with Trish,Tomko,Val Venis and A-Train

more groups means more wrestlers on TV ok

of course these are rough ideas.surely the writers can come with with better names etc.

Another idea i had for the problem of how are fans going to take Eugene seriously for his in-ring career?

Make out the Nick Dinsmore is actually a intelligent guy. He was putting on the whole austism act to gain popularity and a higher-up spot on the card and now he has it he need pretend no longer.

He can cut promos telling fans how stupid they are and how he preyed on their intelligence.etc
Evolution
« Reply #1429 on: July 18, 2004, 09:29:29 PM »

"You bloody used me Dinsmore!"

Nick Dinsmore Vs William Regal at Survivor Series 2004 anyone?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1430 on: July 19, 2004, 01:14:25 PM »

"You bloody used me Dinsmore!"

I have only just stopped laughing enough to respond rofl

WWE has taught us that american fans are stupid and quickly forget about angles - Stone Cold who? Seriously Eugene could turn up tommo perfectly normal and there people would just accept it

As for ur stables - just fire the lot of 'em - problem solved!

lol - still laughing at that picture + quote hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #1431 on: July 19, 2004, 03:57:48 PM »

I wish Flair was dead.

There, I said it.

That's wrong. and so cruel. We both know Flair deserves to get paralised in a bad wrestling accident so he can never walk again, Teach him a lesson for all the bad wrestling he has done and the people he has hurt over the years. Cripple Him.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #1432 on: July 19, 2004, 09:57:19 PM »

Is Mick Foley's stint over now? I havn't had a chance to catch Raw or Smackdown since Wrestlemania XX because Ive been super busy with work. What happened with hisn rivalry with Randy Orton since then or how did they write him out this time if he is in fact gone again? Someone fill me in if you get a chance.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Chris Misfit
« Reply #1433 on: July 20, 2004, 03:25:36 AM »

What happened with hisn rivalry with Randy Orton since then or how did they write him out this time if he is in fact gone again?

Randy and Mick screwed over Evolution and went on to fued with Batista and Flair. They then won the WWE Tag Team Titles, but dropped them 2 weeks later to Evolution.

Randy was fired 3 weeks ago due to his cocaine abuse, and Mick is working for the NWA.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 03:26:32 AM by Chris Misfit » Logged
Chris Misfit
« Reply #1434 on: July 20, 2004, 04:21:13 AM »

On a serious note, has anyone ever heard Hulk Hogans band?

I wanna be a Hulkamaniac, have fun with my family and friends
HULK RAP:

If you want to be a hulkamaniac, I can sure tell you how to stay on track
You gotta train, say your prayers, eat your vitamins too
These are all the things that maniacs do
Postive thoughts and positive deeds, these are the things that make you suceed
Always be good to your family and friends, they're the only ones who'll be there in the end.

I am pissing myself right now. Grin Grin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1435 on: July 20, 2004, 07:09:11 AM »

What happened with hisn rivalry with Randy Orton since then or how did they write him out this time if he is in fact gone again?

Randy and Mick screwed over Evolution and went on to fued with Batista and Flair. They then won the WWE Tag Team Titles, but dropped them 2 weeks later to Evolution.

Randy was fired 3 weeks ago due to his cocaine abuse, and Mick is working for the NWA.

Ok....in truth....at Backlash the PPV after 'Mania Orton & Foley engaged in a hardcore battle for the IC Strap, Orton won in a very good match and Foley ain't been seen since.  Orton went on to successfully defend it at Bad Blood against Shelton Benjamin but dropped it the other week at Vengeance to Edge after holding the belt for 7 months the longest in 7 years i believe but nowhere near The Honky Tonk Man's 14 month reign, it's worth watching his shoot interview on the wrestling channel in the UK to see how he kept it that long and the threats he made to Vince and why he said he'd only drop it to Vince or Hogan his 'friend'.  Foley is unlikely to return until he needs to promote something new....so....maybe 6 months time or so.  He is currently not returning WWE's calls because Ric Flair in his recently released book said how he thought he wasn't a good wrestler and since it was a WWE book and got the thumbs up from Vince. Foley is therefore pissed at Vince to for not stopping it from being written he see's Vince to be condoning what Flair is saying.

In relation to the whole Flair Book and what has been said by Bret for what Flair said about him, Foley & Macho Man here is what happened when Flair was on the interactive interview:
-- Ric Flair joins the show and James expresses the pleasure of having Ric on. Ric appreciates the appreciation!

-- Flair feels his first and second title reins are the most important of his 16. The first because it was the first and the second because it meant he really deserved to have it in the first place.

-- Flair did not get along with Jim Herd, a promoter for WCW at the time. So, that is why he packed up and left for the WWF in 1991. Flair encourages people to read the book for the details on that story.

-- Flair feels there is no comparison between WCW at any point of its history and the WWE. Flair feels the WWE is the most professionally run company of all time and no matter who was in charge of WCW, nothing was ever even close to touching WWE.

-- Flair also feels there is no comparison between the IV Horsemen and the nWo. Flair says the Horsemen were the true elite stars of wrestling and the nWo was not in the same league.

-- James mentions Bret Hart's response to Flair's book posted on several websites last week. Flair claims to not have seen the article but states, "I feel sorry for Bret Hart." He then goes on to say Mark Madden, the editor of Flair's book and former WCW Nitro host, sent Flair proof that Bret talked about the incident on Montreal the day after Owen died which Bret apparently had always denied doing. "He ceased the opportunity to jump back into the lime light to express how bitter he was about the way the WWF handled his departure. This week I'm headed for Canada. I'm going to be on every national TV show in Canada and Bret Hart will be sorry that he ever opened his mouth!"

-- "Vince McMahon, as creative as he is, couldn't figure out a way to fire Bret Hart. He (Bret) couldn't draw a dime!"

-- "I never said I didn't like his style, I just said he wasn't a good wrestler," said Ric when talking about Mick Foley. "Falling off a ladder into a bed of thumb tacks has nothing to do with pro wrestling. It's certainly not the craft I learned." Flair then runs down a list of great workers through history and poses a question to James, "How many of them do hardcore wrestling?" James replies by saying, "None of them." Ric answers quickly saying, "Thank you!"

-- Flair "tolerated" Bonnie Steamboat. Flair feels she cost Ricky "a fortune."

-- The promo Flair cut the night he returned in 1998 when he screamed at Bischoff was a "100% shoot."

-- Flair indeed did believe his last match was on the final Nitro with Sting.

-- As for when Flair may actually retire, Flair replies quickly with, "I don't know. It will depend totally on what the company has in mind." James asks if Flair would like one last title run and Ric feels it would be nice but that is not his objective.

-- Flair enjoyed the "CO-owner" story. He says, "I wasn't sure I was ready for that level of responsibility but I liked it."

-- "I enjoy my role with Evolution tremendously," says Flair.

-- Flair feels he has worked with a lot of guys with Eugene type characters in the past. He has no problem with the gimmick at all.

-- Flair seems unaware of the "Plane Ride from Hell" story circulating on the Internet. Flair feels it is your typical Internet stuff.

-- James and Dan then roll into their famous Word Associations with names like Eric Bischoff, Dusty Rhodes, Triple H, Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels, Vince McMahon, and more!

-- James opens the floor for Flair to end by doing a "hard sell" for his book. Flair says he does not need to give a hard sell. "I'm the only guy to have wrestled everybody from Bruiser Brody to the Rock. Bret Hart never wrestled anybody except in the WWE. When the WWF was hot, he was in the Hart Foundation. He didn't have to draw any money. He rode around on Hogan's coat tails... Then, when they made him champion here, he couldn't draw a dime -- They couldn't wait to get rid of him. Then he came to WCW and he bombed. Would you say that's pretty accurate?" The question is attempted to be brushed off by James who attempts to use his Fifth Amendment right not to answer on the grounds it might incriminate him. Flair pressures James and James attempts to respectfully agree to disagree taking up for Bret. Flair hits James with some big questions like "Why did the WWE get rid of him?" and "Did he make any money in WCW?" James attempts to avoid answering as the two agree to disagree and James thanks Flair for being a part of the show.

As far as i am concerned Flair has made himself look like an even bigger asshole, knocking Foley's 'wrestling' ability fine he can't 'wrestle' to well he's an entertainer but hell it is entertainment these but saying Bret was hanging on to Hogan's coattails.  Hell as a kid i like Hulk Hogan like all the kids but when it comes to wrestling he could not lace Bret's boots rant
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #1436 on: July 21, 2004, 01:14:04 AM »

Hogan and Flair fit into two catergories together.

1) To old men with man boobies who don't know when to retire.

2) If you have seen one Flair or HOgan match you have see them all.

Hogan  Body Slam...... Big Boot....... Legdrop.....

Flair..... Few Chops.... WHip upside down into corner......Figure Four.

Atleast people like Mik Foley give it all. From his WCW days to his WWF days he entertained all. Screw Flair's comment on the thumbtacks. It takes a hell of alot to fall threw a hell in the sell with a whole in your upper lip and come back for More. He was more entertaining and more talented then flair.... Foley PLayed 4 charecters.. (Counting himself) Flair could only play the WOOOing Old man

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #1437 on: July 21, 2004, 06:52:27 PM »

I know they all have a lot of pride and respect but I don't see why they have to do all this, why can't they just be satisfied with what they have achieved. whether they like it or not and whether we like it or not they have ALL in one way or another done more for the wrestling business then almost anyone else. Im no Ric Flair fan but I respect what he has done, no he isn't as good a wrestler as Bret Hart and yes he does the same routine every night and yes his match on the last nitro shouldve been his last but what he has done has worked for 30 years just as what Bret Hart did in his career worked from a totally different approach but if everyone did the same thing it would be boring. Mick Foley did something different and it damn sure worked aswell. Whichever way you look at it these men have entertained and worked their arses off for years and some of them obviosuly feel that they havent got the credit from their peers they deserve so whilst in the way they have approached their careers were all very different the way they are spitefully ending them is all so pathetically similar.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1438 on: July 22, 2004, 03:30:58 PM »

give me ur thaughts on summerslam...u think it will be good...what matches u wanna see and such...i got myself 4 tickets for it...i think it will be good..they should have better storylines by now but oh well...i think it will be

HHH vs Benoit
Edge vs Batista
Rock vs Orton
JBL vs Taker
Gurerro vs Angle and a few more

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #1439 on: July 22, 2004, 04:25:25 PM »

sorry 'rock v orton'? did i miss something?

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: