Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 10:24:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228557 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 848783 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1380 on: July 09, 2004, 02:38:50 AM »

Cool little story STONED but not everyone that Vince dislikes gets killed - or do they?

Austin better watch his step...... nervous

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1381 on: July 09, 2004, 03:18:53 AM »

Cool little story STONED but not everyone that Vince dislikes gets killed - or do they?

Austin better watch his step...... nervous

If he killed off everyone he disliked it would be obvious and he doesn't dislike Austin that much and also realises how popular he is he always takes him back to WWE.
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #1382 on: July 09, 2004, 10:15:08 AM »

WWE is at an all time low in my opinion.  Eugene was funny the first few weeks, but to push him this much and make him the center of attention on RAW is a joke.  

Smackdown! just gets worse and worse.  JBL is the World Champion and London and Kidman are tag team champs?  All of these guys belong on Sunday Night Heat!  The problem stems far beyond the roster split now.  

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1383 on: July 09, 2004, 02:51:15 PM »

You know, when they first started abandoning Heat is when they started their downhill slide. Coincidence?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1384 on: July 10, 2004, 05:52:38 AM »

You know, when they first started abandoning Heat is when they started their downhill slide. Coincidence?

They hit the rocks with that brand extension - i was glued to WWE before that but since...it just hasn't maintained my intrest

I still rate the brand extension as the stupidest decision humanity ever made - even a drunk chimpanzee wouldn't have authorised that

With two different shows we just get the same people battling away every week - it destroyed the tag team division and two world titles? It was a joke when there was one!

WWE will never improve untill they reunite the two shows - then they can sack the filler and just have the best wrestlers all the way down the card

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Evolution
« Reply #1385 on: July 10, 2004, 08:21:00 AM »

On the flip side Izzy some new people are getting chances around WWE. If there was still one title belt i could'nt see Eddie or Benoit and certainly not JBL getting chances with the titles.

On another note im happy for Billy Kidman and Paul London. they have worked solid matches on velocity together for the last 7 odd months. For Paul it's his first happening on any note in WWE. hopefully at last they will get the chance they badly deserve to shine on Smackdown PPV's

The World Tag Team Title is in a sorry state right now as well. I thought La Resistance would get a chance as the first regular tag team to hold it this year but looks like Flair and Eugene will grab the straps to carry on the Evolution/Eugene storyline until Summerslam or so.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1386 on: July 10, 2004, 10:06:03 AM »

On the flip side Izzy some new people are getting chances around WWE. If there was still one title belt i could'nt see Eddie or Benoit and certainly not JBL getting chances with the titles.

Maybe not - but thats because WWE are idiots - its perfectly possible to reunite the shows and make them good plus have variety in the champions and bring in new talent

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Evolution
« Reply #1387 on: July 10, 2004, 10:10:10 AM »

WWE are idiots

of course that is the only constant in wrestling
Evolution
« Reply #1388 on: July 10, 2004, 10:17:00 AM »

i also saw this idea somewhere. icould have been on here

If WWE wants to be as realistic as possible should'nt they have a few superstars who want to have the quick way to the top?

Say a young underutilsed stable (e.g Nitro,Venis,Maven and La Resistance) want to make a name for themselves. The quickest way is probably attacking the big guns e.g HHH,Flair,Benoit etc.

Raw and Smackdown seem to have so many wrestlers content with letting the clock run down on their careers
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1389 on: July 10, 2004, 01:21:48 PM »

Vengeance Card
World Heavyweight Championship
HHH vs Chris Benoit
Intercontinental Championship
Randy Orton vs Edge
Chris Jericho vs. Batista
Tag Team Championship
La Resistance vs Ric Flair & Eugene
Kane vs. Matt Hardy
Victoria vs. Molly

Predictions For Victory
Chris Benoit
Randy Orton
Chris Jericho
La Resistance
Kane
Victoria
Evolution
« Reply #1390 on: July 10, 2004, 02:16:12 PM »

Predictions

Chris Benoit
Randy Orton
Ric Flair and Eugene
Victoria
Kane
Batista
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1391 on: July 10, 2004, 02:22:33 PM »

Well, the stupidity of the brand extension isn't all Vince's fault. Not many people remember that when Turner was selling WCW, there was a group led by Eric Bischoff and something called Fusion Entertainment, I don't think it was called Fusion but something similar, that was very close to buying it. Turner said they could have the company but they'd have to find their own TV deals because he wanted nothing to do with it. Then Vince stepped in and wanted to buy. Turner said he could have the company in addition to the timeslots for Nitro and Thunder. Bischoff's group cried foul, because Turner obviously was only selling to Vince to make more money by increasing his own TV ratings. So Vince just said "Fine, forget the timeslots." So he bought WCW, to use on RAW and Smackdown. If he would've also gotten the rights to Nitro and Thunder, he would've done the Invasion angle a lot differently, because he would've had to have had two strong, competing brands. So basically, it's all Bischoff's fault.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1392 on: July 10, 2004, 04:07:39 PM »

Well, the stupidity of the brand extension isn't all Vince's fault. Not many people remember that when Turner was selling WCW, there was a group led by Eric Bischoff and something called Fusion Entertainment, I don't think it was called Fusion but something similar, that was very close to buying it. Turner said they could have the company but they'd have to find their own TV deals because he wanted nothing to do with it. Then Vince stepped in and wanted to buy. Turner said he could have the company in addition to the timeslots for Nitro and Thunder. Bischoff's group cried foul, because Turner obviously was only selling to Vince to make more money by increasing his own TV ratings. So Vince just said "Fine, forget the timeslots." So he bought WCW, to use on RAW and Smackdown. If he would've also gotten the rights to Nitro and Thunder, he would've done the Invasion angle a lot differently, because he would've had to have had two strong, competing brands. So basically, it's all Bischoff's fault.

If us lot were put in charge we would have the company sorted out in 10-15 mins

End brand extension

Fire the crap - bye bye Maven

Fire the ''writers' - ''Chris Benoit - i am your father!'

Either end the absurd sections where wrestlers reveal their evil plans next to a camera or show the sequence through a
CCTV camera - atleast that would help explain why a man would confess to murder next to a camera crew confused

Burn the womens division rant No more wasted matches!

Kill the Dudley Boys

Give Kane the title - and make him a monster again (argh Lita hit me!!!!)

Give Shawn Michaels a choice - leave or end stop that stupid fake bleeding - losing 6 pints of blood in one match is not cool.....

More stables - a good stable helps new wrestlers break through for a start

Build up fueds over months not 2 weeks......

End forever matches where Shane McMahon is allowed to beat up men 3 times he size

Get Staphanie to strip drool Oh my.... smoking

See - the whole thing sorted out in seconds

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1393 on: July 10, 2004, 04:18:44 PM »

If us lot were put in charge we would have the company sorted out in 10-15 mins

End brand extension

Fire the crap - bye bye Maven

Fire the ''writers' - ''Chris Benoit - i am your father!'

Either end the absurd sections where wrestlers reveal their evil plans next to a camera or show the sequence through a
CCTV camera - atleast that would help explain why a man would confess to murder next to a camera crew confused

Burn the womens division rant No more wasted matches!

Kill the Dudley Boys

Give Kane the title - and make him a monster again (argh Lita hit me!!!!)

Give Shawn Michaels a choice - leave or end stop that stupid fake bleeding - losing 6 pints of blood in one match is not cool.....

More stables - a good stable helps new wrestlers break through for a start

Build up fueds over months not 2 weeks......

End forever matches where Shane McMahon is allowed to beat up men 3 times he size

Get Staphanie to strip drool Oh my.... smoking

See - the whole thing sorted out in seconds

Dudley Boyz
are stale but would be useful to be kept around to put over new teams.  Stephanie stripping, hell yeah! Fire the crap o yeah Maven, A-Train, Rikishietc.  Problem is after ditching the crap you still have too many wrestlers i mean by ditching the brand extension i assume there will be one world title and too many contenders:

HHH
Chris Benoit
Undertaker
Shawn Michaels
Edge
Chris Jericho

Randy Orton [In Time]
Eddie Guerrero
John Bradshaw Layfield
Big Show [He'll Never Be Fired]
Kurt Angle [He'll Be Wrestling Soon]
John Cena [Soon Enough]
Booker T [He's Been There Before He'll Be There Again]
Rob Van Dam [Deserved The Chance For Years]

And that is just for one title the brand extension had to be done
« Last Edit: July 10, 2004, 04:25:09 PM by Stoned » Logged
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1394 on: July 10, 2004, 04:32:45 PM »

Stephanie stripping, hell yeah!

We know what we want ok

by ditching the brand extension i assume there will be one world title and too many contenders:

HHH
Chris Benoit
Undertaker
Shawn Michaels
Edge
Chris Jericho

Randy Orton [In Time]
Eddie Guerrero
John Bradshaw Layfield
Big Show [He'll Never Be Fired]
Kurt Angle [He'll Be Wrestling Soon]
John Cena [Soon Enough]
Booker T [He's Been There Before He'll Be There Again]
Rob Van Dam [Deserved The Chance For Years]

And that is just for one title the brand extension had to be done

I see your point but they managed before - its only a problem now because they have been forced to build up contenders for both shows

Imagine this - a ppv card with only the wrestlers on that list

Now that would be good

Add a bit of Steph' and wow - u have my attention for 3 hours ok

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1395 on: July 10, 2004, 04:50:24 PM »

They have more main eventers because of the brand split, people have to be built up to and a PPV card w/ just those wrestlers would suck.  No cruiserweight matches, no tag title matches all aspects and divisions need to be focused on without the brand split things would be even worse.  Variation is needed you can't have HHH at the top forever dude stop dreamin' Wink
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1396 on: July 10, 2004, 04:59:44 PM »

If they had a halfway decent writing staff for either show, not much of the oversaturation would matter.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1397 on: July 11, 2004, 12:19:25 AM »

the brand extension sucks

they use to manage all kinds of great talent and manage

vince wouldve had to been hardcore and keep makin guys earn their spots

i think that many main eventers on the roster would make everyone work hard and put on a great show

whats the point of hhh or benoit or so and so bustin their ass everynight when they are really the only ones that can be in that spot?

imagine how class every raw and smackdown would be

have half the feuds on raw half the feuds on smackdown

that way the feuds develop over the weeks but the talent feuds with different guys and can be on either show here and there

i barely can bring myself to watch wrestling now

i do out of loyalty but i always tape it now so i can fast forward thru all the shit

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Evolution
« Reply #1398 on: July 11, 2004, 05:53:34 PM »

i think wwe should bring the Hardcore title(minus 24/7) back on Raw for people like Tyson Tomko and Steven Richards

And The European Title for smackdown for people like Suzuki and misused cruiserweights

really wrestlers can only go after the US or IC titles and they are usually held by underused main eventers i.e the big show or up and comers ie Orton
Evolution
« Reply #1399 on: July 11, 2004, 07:06:53 PM »

http://www.prowrestlingnews.com/live.php

this site gives you an updated live pic from vengeance every 20 seconds if you are 2 cheap to afford the ppv like me Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: