Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 10:24:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228557 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 848782 times)
Evolution
« Reply #1360 on: June 28, 2004, 02:00:25 PM »

:confused:i still can't believe JBL wan the title.......
Evolution
« Reply #1361 on: June 28, 2004, 04:46:04 PM »

www.wrestlingexposed.com
In an effort to prevent another case of ending the push of a wrestler believed to have tons of potential, WWE has new plans for Garrison Cade.

Cade, currently a RAW wrestler, will portray a character that imitates Shawn Michaels. Set to be called "H.B. Cade," the new character will get wrestling gear similar to that of HBK.

Oh for god's sake can't WWE think up something better than that for Cade?

Vince McMahon was not backstage at last nights Great American Bash PPV because he is under doctors orders not to travel.

Vince was in constant contact through phone to the arena and writing team.

We have been told he has an undisclosed internal infection. It had to be real serious in order for him not to attend.

The stress is catching up on Vinnie smoking
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1362 on: June 29, 2004, 04:35:37 PM »

H.B. Cade rofl fuck it'll be hilarious to watch just a shame it'll kill his career cos he does have potential all he's doing is the Steven Richards thing from years back

The new Chris Benoit looks outstanding they really have packed it with top matches focusing on some stuff ive never seen before but want to Benoit vs Bret Hart & Benoit vs Steven Regal at the Pillman Memorial ive heard both those are classics
The DVD will feature a look into the current WWE World champion's time in Calgary, New Japan, Extreme Championship Wrestling, WCW, WWE, his neck injury and return, his 2003 classic Royal Rumble bout with Kurt Angle, his 2003 Rumble victory, and his WWE World championship victory at Wrestlemania XX.

Matches listed for the DVD set are:

*Pegasus Kid (Benoit under a mask) vs. Jushin Liger for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title Match (Tokyo, Japan August 19, 1990) featuring commentary by Tazz and Michael Cole and an alternative commentary track featuring Benoit, Dean Malenko & Todd Grisham

*Chris Benoit vs. 2 Cold Scorpio from WCW Superbrawl III (4/21/93) - Great 20 minute bout

*Wild Pegasus Chris Benoit vs. Black Tiger (a masked Eddie Guerrero) from New Japan Pro Wrestling's Super J Cup Tournament Round 2 (Tokyo, Japan - 4/16/94) featuring commentary by Tazz and Michael Cole and an alternative commentary track featuring

*Wild Pegasus Chris Benoit vs. Great Sasuke in New Japan's Super J Cup Tournament Final (Tokyo, Japan - 4/16/94) featuring commentary by Tazz and Michael Cole and an alternative commentary track featuring Benoit, Dean Malenko & Todd Grisham

*Chris Benoit vs. Sabu at the ECW November to Remember '94 - Benoit breaks Sabu's neck, creating the Crippler nickname.

*Chris Benoit vs. Al Snow ECW Double Tables (February 1995 - Great Match)

*Chris Benoit vs. Eddie Guerrero from WCW Monday Nitro (10/16/05)

*Chris Benoit vs. Kevin Sullivan WCW Great American Bash 96 PPV (6/16/96)

*Chris Benoit vs. Booker T in the Best-of-Seven Finals, WCW Great American Bash 98 PPV (6/14/98)

*Chris Benoit vs. Bret Hart - The Owen Hart Tribute Match in Kansas City, WCW Monday Nitro (10/4/99)

*Chris Benoit vs. Sid Vicious - WCW World title victory and Benoit's last WCW match, WCW Souled Out (1/16/00)

*Chris Benoit vs. Steven Regal from the Brian Pillman Memorial Show, (5/26/00)

*Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle - Steel Cage Match, WWE Raw (6/11/01)

*Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle at Royal Rumble 2003 (1/19/03)

*Chris Benoit vs. Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels - Wrestlemania XX

Extras:

*Benoit's Neck Injury July 2001 Raw

*WWE Confidential looks at the Crippler Crossface

*Benoit's Raw Magazine Cover Shoot
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1363 on: July 01, 2004, 06:32:05 PM »

That looks pretty kick ass.....Smackdowns on tonight...i dont know whats goin on with the WWE....There really fuckin Taker up...but weel have to see how it goes tonight..

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1364 on: July 02, 2004, 06:07:25 PM »

http://www.backstagewrestling.com/newsline/90798725.shtml

-Kevin ?Mordecai? Fertig is on his way back down to OVW. Mordecai will be sent down immediatley for more "seasoning" before hopefully returning to the Smackdown! roster in the next few months. Mordecai was brought up for the specific reason of facing the Undertaker, but many WWE officials can tell that he is just not ready at this point.

Well least they realised early on how shit he was.  Makes WWE look quite stupid now they built him up so much like some great force to be reckoned with and now he's just gonna disappear.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1365 on: July 03, 2004, 06:24:49 AM »

http://www.backstagewrestling.com/newsline/90798725.shtml

-Kevin ?Mordecai? Fertig is on his way back down to OVW. Mordecai will be sent down immediatley for more "seasoning" before hopefully returning to the Smackdown! roster in the next few months. Mordecai was brought up for the specific reason of facing the Undertaker, but many WWE officials can tell that he is just not ready at this point.

Well least they realised early on how shit he was.  Makes WWE look quite stupid now they built him up so much like some great force to be reckoned with and now he's just gonna disappear.

Damn it - i liked him - he had something about him, i thought he could go far - he was the glimmer og hope shitdown needed

I was just watching Paul Bearer get buried again - LMMAO - 'i'll get you undertaker!' - i loved the way Michael Cole was saying how he had broken this bone and that bone etc - since when has being buried in concrete caused broken bones? Surely u just drown? confused

That whole thing was so funny - 'rest.........in............peace/concrete'  rofl

I can't wait to see what dumb thing they do next - Lita and Kane's wedding!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2004, 06:26:13 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Evolution
« Reply #1366 on: July 03, 2004, 07:36:34 AM »

Mordecai and Suzuki have been great disapointments to me

i liked Morde's look though.

The only new talent to pop up that has impressed me is Luther Reigns. hes huge, can actually wrestle and is a good orator

Eugene has been pushed to far down the RAW fans throats IMO. did u hear some of the boos he got on Raw?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1367 on: July 03, 2004, 08:41:39 AM »

Mordecai and Suzuki have been great disapointments to me

i liked Morde's look though.

The only new talent to pop up that has impressed me is Luther Reigns. hes huge, can actually wrestle and is a good orator

Eugene has been pushed to far down the RAW fans throats IMO. did u hear some of the boos he got on Raw?

When Eugene first came about i was impressed now i feel like he's a Zach Gowen, great at first but the novelty has worn off.  I myself never even liked Zach Gowen in the first place
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1368 on: July 03, 2004, 10:17:53 AM »

It looks as though Kid Kash could be done with TNA. His bio has been removed from the official website. Tension between the two parties has been rising for weeks now with Kash even speaking out against the company recently. Kash claimed that management treated other talent, namely AJ Styles, better than him. This led to a confrontation between Kash and Styles. Kash has always been outspoken and somewhat of a hot head, going back to his days with ECW.

If this is true then WWE should try and sign Kash for it's cruiserweight devision because he is outstanding, i know it's unlikely and WWE would probably crush his career but hey it's worth a try if WWE got their heads out of their asses and saw the quality they already have we could have Paul London main eventing and Spanky if they had not used him as a jobber would of stuck around too
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1369 on: July 03, 2004, 11:39:01 AM »

Kash and Rhino had a damn good little feud right before ECW went under.
Evolution
« Reply #1370 on: July 03, 2004, 11:40:00 AM »

Yeah what they did with Spanky and London so far has been a shambles

WWE having 3 PPV's in 4 weeks is completely killing the whole anticipation for me. GAB was a clusterfuck of a card and Vengeance seems to be going the same way Undecided
Evolution
« Reply #1371 on: July 03, 2004, 12:54:30 PM »

from www.wrestlingexposed.com

The blonde girl in the front row of RAW's Bad Blood PPV who handed the stuffed animal to Eugene, was actually Nick Dinsmore's girlfriend.

go Eugene! Cheesy

This was posted on the mailing list at mattfurey.com today:

Subject: Pro Wrestler William Regal Saved By Combat Conditioning
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 17:19:23 -0400

Pro Wrestler William Regal Saved By Combat Conditioning

In the past I've told you about pro wrestlers following the Combat Conditioning lifestyle. The most notable being Vampiro - aka Ian Hodgkinson, who flat out stated that it saved his life.

Today I just received word that another pro wrestler, this one who almost joined the ranks of the dead, sent the following email. I wanted to share it with you as it is incredibly inspiring:

Dear Mr Furey,

Hope you are well.

My name is Darren Matthews and I have been a professional wrestler for over twenty years and now I am currently employed at WWE.

In March of 2003 I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure after contracting an unknown viral infection. I gained over 40 pounds of fluid and when I was hospitalized my heart was only working at fifteen percent pumping capacity.

I spent a week in hospital, three days of which I had eight wires coming out of a hole in my neck. I had a very abnormal heart rhythm and resting heart rate was 180. I was told that I was probably going to have a heart transplant and that my active lifestyle would be over.

I thought for a second, "Well, you've had a great life and done everything you wanted to do so I can't complain." But then I thought bollocks (I'm English) I'll get over this like I've gotten over every other obstacle in my life.

I had to have my heart stopped and restarted which put it back into normal rhythm and sent home with instructions to take it easy with seven different types of medication.

The next day I thought "How can I sort this out?" I remembered always being told about conditioning and all the wrestlers that I knew such as Pete Roberts, Terry Rudge, Johnny Saint, Dave Taylor, and many others who did this kind of training always looked great and healthy.

Now, I'd always done bits of conditioning training, mostly squats and the wheel, but was always lazy when it came to pushups and hindu pushups (That I always knew to be catdips), so I thought it's time to take this conditioning training seriously. I typed hindu squats into my computer's search engine and your name appeared everywhere so I ordered Combat Conditioning from you and got to work.

I could go on and on about the last fifteen months, but I won't. But I will say that now at thirty-six (36) I am fitter and healthier than I have ever been and was cleared to wrestle and pronounced completely healthy.

So thanks to you I can continue with my life and career. Thank You.

Yours sincerely,
Darren Matthews (William Regal)

M.F.: Darren, thanks so much for sending this. I am deeply moved. I send you my very best. Please contact my office as I would like to send you something special. You're the best.

Regal looked in the best shape for many years on Raw. Here's to many more healthy years for him  beer
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1372 on: July 05, 2004, 04:23:48 PM »

This thread is quiet....

Must be some third rate wrestler we can have a go at - Maven i kill u!

Raw goes out tonight, i wonder what dumb thing they will do tonight - Vince is Kane's father! Paul Bearer's ghost kills Jeff Hardy! Triple H was Stephanie all along - the shocking truth!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Evolution
« Reply #1373 on: July 05, 2004, 04:29:34 PM »

Maven has fucked up monobrow action on his head

hey Izzy your right this is fun Cheesy
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1374 on: July 07, 2004, 03:10:49 AM »

SMACKDOWN SPOILER - Do Not Read On If You Don't Wanna Know What Happens This Week

*Paul London & Billy Kidman defeated The Dudley Boyz to win the WWE Tag Team championships.

*Backstage, the wrestlers congratulated Billy Kidman and Paul London for their title win. The Dudleys came up to Kidman and London and shook their hands.

Just read about this happening now im going to tune in this week to watch it now it's stuff like this that gets people intewrested, ok i have never had much time for Kidman but London is outstanding i am truly amazed and happy with this decision, also there was a cruiserweight 6 man which was meant to be real good on the show and Booker T vs John Cena sounds like they may be improving things at last.  If Smackdown focus more on the cruiserweights and pushes them then Smackdown could be amazing because they do have the potential yes ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1375 on: July 07, 2004, 03:29:33 AM »

raw was spectacular!

the hhh eugene bits are the funniest damn things iveseen on wrestling in years

very great tv!

the main event was solid! vengeance will be solid sunday

i am prayin that hhh wins the belt!

im tired of benoit!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1376 on: July 08, 2004, 05:03:09 PM »

Vince Mcmahon's Wrath - Is Vince The Devil?

It seems it is not wise to cross the boss.  Over the years there have been a number of wrestlers who have died and who have worked for Vince, but except for the odd exception they have passed on after departing from the company, Brian Pillman & Owen Hart being 2 of those exceptions.

Crash Holly
He enjoyed a successful time w/ WWE as the Hardcore Champion but he apparently had an ego backstage, he was let go on June 30, 2003 by November he was dead, found at Steven Richards home.
Rick Rude
Rude was a top heel in the old WWF in the late 1980s but in October 1990 Rick Rude and the WWF had a dispute, and Rude went packing down to WCW.  Back in 1997 though everything was obviously forgiven by Vince as he became the 'Insurance Policy' for Shawn Michaels & D-X.  He wasn't happy though about what happened to Bret Hart at the 1997 Survivor Series. He was paid per appearence, that meant he could go wherever he wanted.  Nov 17th: Rick Rude appeared on the taped edition of RAW, with a beard.  Just moments later, Rick Rude appeared on the live edition of WCW Monday Nitro, clean shaven! Rude was announced to the world as the newest member of the nWo.  As soon as he was given a mic, he let loose on McMahon, and the WWF, by calling the federation the "Titanic".  From that day forward, the "Rick Rude" clause became a part of WWF contracts, so they'd never have that problem again.  See he'd fallen out w/ WWE once and been forgiven but then he screwed over Vince again by 1999 he was dead just as he had started training to make an in ring return in WWF itself seems he'd burned his bridges once to often.
Curt 'Mr. Perfect' Hennig
Everybody knows this guy, Mr. Perfect a true legend for the ages but he managed to piss off WWE on the plane ride from hell which led to his release, back in 1996 he'd had a contract dispute which lead to him departing the company but once again Vince let him back into the fold.  In May of 2002 though he was fired for making an embarrassment of himself and the company by Febuary 2003 he was dead, the wrath of Vince strikes again!
Hawk
As part of The Legion of Doom he was a legend making up w/ Animal one of the greatest tag teams of all time.  After leaving the 'WWF' though they berated the company and Vince in many interviews and said how they would not return.  In May of 2003 though they appeared on RAW it seemed all had been forgiven, they were though beaten by Rob Van Dam & Kane not the best way to return and other than a dark match on Smackdown they were never seen again.  Many believe it was payback by Vince making them look weak and not as superior as his 'boys'.  By October of that year Hawk had passed away at the age of 46 seems all was not forgiven after all. no
The British Bulldog 'Davey Boy Smith'
Former Intercontinental, European, Hardcore and Tag Team Champion in WWF/E, he got into drug problems though and even though Vince tried to help they became so bad Vince got rid after giving many second chances, in May 2002 he joined the list of wrestlers kicked out of WWE and into a coffin.

These 5 are just a few examples of why not to cross the boss.  The likes of Hulk Hogan & Brock Lesnar are safe because Vince knows they will always come crawling back and he wants and needs them.  If there is a Devil/Satan of wrestling and it is indeed Vince then there must be a God and i can only say that must be Bret Hart.  A true legend who will not return of give in to Vince like everybody else does, a man who stands by his morals.  There have been rumours of him returning but if he does it will be for the benefit of the fans and not for Vince.  Some may say you cannot blame Vince for what he did to Bret, he may just be an extremely paranoid man and in his own way he was just protecting his company since he has been screwed over in the past.  April 5th 1992 it Was Wrestlemania VIII what was billed as possibly being Hulk Hogan's farewell match (boy were they wrong) Sid Justice was meant to get beaten 1-2-3.  Sid though had failed a drugs test and with nothing left to lose he kicked out causing all amounts of trouble things were salvaged though and Hogan got the DQ win.  All was forgiven though years later when he returned only for him to part ways again, not on the best of terms.  The point being he screwed Vince maybe The V Man was worried of the same thing happening w/ Bret.  Although Sid got his comeuppance at Sin in 2001 where he broke his leg coming off the top rope in one of the sickest things i have ever seen, he only returned to the ring recently and will never be anywhere knew his best ever again.  Macho Man Randy Savage another guy who ditched WWE for WCW need not be punished since he is doing it all to himself why have him die when you can just point and laugh at his rap career.  Seems though Vince rewards loyalty.  Shawn Michaels has stuck w/ WWE never venturing over to WCW and has always been one of Vince's boys.  And for his troubles he makes a 'miracle' return from a supposedly career ending injury.
  All i can say is though certain stars should watch out e.g. X-Pac w/ his life problems and fallings out w/ WWE his death would not really be a surprise.  My advice though goes out to HHH more than anyone, whatever you do don't screw up your marriage because if you do it probably won't be just your job you lose......you have been warned yes

WARNING:Do not take this piece TOO seriously i just thought it would be interesting to point out a few facts and i also feel the 'Wrestling Family' on this board is falling apart like the Heenan Family did so im trying to give us some stuff to talk about.  I mean Beautiful Scars lasted about as long as Vic Grimes in WWE & Big Ploppa Dump has disappeared from her like Big Poppa Pump has from WWE.  Arron i assume will be back he's just smoking a bit too much pot smoking ok
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1377 on: July 08, 2004, 05:12:34 PM »

Heh. You could make a case for Andre, who left Vince three years before his career ended. Owen was Bret's brother, too, of course.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1378 on: July 08, 2004, 05:42:36 PM »

Heh. You could make a case for Andre, who left Vince three years before his career ended. Owen was Bret's brother, too, of course.
Vince screwed Bret, Owen's death really was an accident my point is the blood is hardly ever on WWE's hands the wrestlers die after departing the company.  Andre made the odd appearance in Japan but otherwise remained loyal he was too injured to work the WWE schedule.  Fact is he was born w/ a disease which meant he would die young it also meant he would not stop growing until his death.  Doctors expected him to die many years before he actually did so the fact that he lived as long as he did w/ his 'disability' is impressive, lucky maybe even a miracle so he actually did well in life better than expected because he stayed loyal w/ WWE. ok
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1379 on: July 08, 2004, 06:14:50 PM »

Yeah, but he also didn't take care of himself. Big Show has the same thing, but he's a lot healthier.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: