Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 10:54:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 849871 times)
Evolution
« Reply #1120 on: May 17, 2004, 02:42:12 PM »

im going for Kane or Edge to take the battle royal and trish to beat lita
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1121 on: May 18, 2004, 10:41:39 AM »

Heres the Raw results

Trish Stratus defeated Lita

Kane defeated Val Venis

Chris Benoit & Edge defeated Randy Orton & Batista

Kane won the Battle Royal to become the No. 1 Contender for the World Heavyweight Championship.

I was very dissapointed that Kane won...Shawn Michels Came back and threw Triple HHH over the top rope...next week it will likely be Kane Vs Triple HHH for the N.1 Contender

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1122 on: May 20, 2004, 05:56:41 PM »

Great Sting news;

In an interview with IGN.com to promote the Legends of Wrestling: Showdown video game, Sting makes it clear that if the timing is right, he would love to work for WWE. In the article, Sting noted, "If it were done properly, I would do it. This last Wrestlemania would've been a good one, Wrestlemania XX, just the fact that I've never been a part of one. I would definitely do it. You know, Vince and I have talked several times over the past few years. The Wrestlemania before, he wanted me to repel out of the ceiling and do something with Stone Cold Steve Austin, and we were set to do it, we were going to do it, but once the attorney's get going, and it's not my attorney, he's only doing what I ask him to do, but once their attorney's get involved, it's tough. When I talk to Vince, it's easy. Anyway, I had to call Vince and tell him that we couldn't do it. He's been great every time I've talked to him, so you never know. It's something I'm interested in."

Although he's appeared for NWA:TNA, Sting pointed out that he doesn't consider himself an "NWA Wrestler." Sting commented, "What ended up happening was when I first started my wrestling career, Jerry Jarrett was the only promoter who called us when we sent out those press kits I mentioned earlier. The only one who called us. Jerry called us three days after we sent those out, and even though there were four of us in the picture, he only wanted two of us, Jim and me. We got in the car and we left and that was it. He gave me my break. So last summer when I got a phone call from the Jarretts, I didn't want to do it. But then I started thinking about it, and Jerry gave me my break, so I decided to go out and help them out. I did four shows for them last year, but that was it."

The interviewer also brought up that Shelton Benjamin had told him a lot of the moves he does in the ring are a tribute to Sting, who is his favorite wrestler. Sting commented, ": I'm flattered. I've gotta meet this guy. That's pretty awesome. There's no other way to put it. I feel honored that he does that."

Sting also noted that the "Crow" version of his character is his favorite.
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #1123 on: May 20, 2004, 07:10:28 PM »

Why has this thread gone so stale?

What has happened to my bitches D and STONED?

Izzy...get yo ass back in here!

Right i wanna know a few things...whos this guy Taker is gonna start a feud with? I want pictures!!!!

Where next for Christian? He needs the intercontinentla strap for a few months before hes elevated to main even status...god he has a stable...why not give him the strap!?!

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1124 on: May 20, 2004, 07:25:19 PM »

Izzy...get yo ass back in here!

I'm here, i'm here

There's not really much to say though - WWE is kicking along as it does....

Some hope for the future the HHH V HBK hell in a cell match (or did i dream that up?)

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1125 on: May 20, 2004, 07:44:17 PM »

Why has this thread gone so stale?

What has happened to my bitches D and STONED?

I'm still here i just ditched the 'Stoned' thing, haven't ditched the weed though Smiley , I could not find a pick of Mordecai but i can tell you what he looks like white/silver robe kinda like the ones Undertaker's druids wear, Blonde hair and beard..........to be honest he looks kinda gay if you ask me and so far all he did on his debut was crush Scotty 2 Hotty which ain't really that impressive he's got 'flop' written all over him he's just another crazy Vinnie Mac gimmick.  Word going round is Smackdown is being used for all the 'extreme' gimmicks like the old days

You have an Undertaker, a weirdo called Mordecai an Undertaker wannabe, Rene Dupree a French twat with a dog, Booker T with a voodoo pouch, The FBI,  Mark Jindrak trying to be like Lex Luger with the whole mirror crap, The Basham Brothers who like it kinky, John Bradshaw Layfield who likes to play the stock market and kick Mexicans out of America, a rap star called John Cena, 'The Odd Couple' Tag Team Champions one of them is gay the other homophobic.

Whereas RAW has 'wrestlers'; HHH, HBK, Y2J (Ok he's a 'Rockstar' but that's not really part of the gimmick), Christian, Ric Flair, Randy Orton, Batista, Shelton Benjamin etc. The only really 'odd' gimmick on RAW is Euguene but hell it's a success thing is Vince whips out 10 gimmicks and about 1 succeeds i mean the list of crap gimmicks over the years is quite amusing speaking of crap gimmicks Skinner [Remember him?] has joined the WWE has part of the on the road staff or something can't remember.

I also read the other day that X-Pac, DDP & Konnan were backstage recently and all are wanting in by the sounds of things.  X-Pac was supposedly taking to Trips so you know he'll be back soon.  Konnan supposedly wants to join the Spanish announce team and DDP is going against Doctors orders and wrestling again.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #1126 on: May 20, 2004, 09:54:55 PM »

Ya i dont know whats goin on..Smackdown really sucked tonight...no undertaker..he better be there when it comes to toronto..but ya that was weird with gurerro at the end...ya hopefully sting comes back and ddp and the rest of them..Smackdown needs somethin lol...they dont have the storylines like raw does..anywyas ill post on monday se yas

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #1127 on: May 21, 2004, 08:20:32 AM »

Smackdown was Damn horrible last night, it has to be one of the worst shows that I have seen since WCW went under. If it keeps going like that then I wouldn't be surprised if UPN canceled it. Maybe they should hire Sting to come help this damn show out , hell a Sting with the crow gimmick vs .Take would be cool as hell.
beer
« Last Edit: May 21, 2004, 08:21:37 AM by timothy » Logged

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1128 on: May 21, 2004, 02:38:32 PM »

Smackdown.....poor? Thats so unusual.....not like its been like that for 3 years or anything..... Tongue

Well to be fair i don't know if its good or bad as i don't watch it anymore.....

Sting to appear....oh god, first Hogan, then Steiner then Goldbery - each have bombed cos they are shite....

Rather than bring in some old guy just give some of the young talent a good gimmick and let them get on with it.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #1129 on: May 21, 2004, 03:01:46 PM »

I would like Sting to come but I truely don't see him coming.

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #1130 on: May 21, 2004, 03:07:19 PM »

Sting would rule....not for long though...6 months run...just so he can be in the WWE.

Evolution
« Reply #1131 on: May 22, 2004, 07:29:05 AM »

i thought raw was excellent this week.did u hear the crowd in san diego when the rock appeared??eugene got the rub!also when kane and batista faced off in the battle royal.monday night(well fridays for me) are becoming a blast!

Smackdown was alright i felt but its really no wonder the smackdown guys are pissed off.the quality gap between Raw and SD! is gigantic

Mordecai's a big guy so vince will give him plenty chances but im confident hell be a hit

i really hope dupree beats cena in the lumberjack match next week.cena's over the us title and rene deserves a chance at least

Also sting would rule! but arron is right only for 6 or so months because the magic will wear off quickly i suspect
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1132 on: May 22, 2004, 12:06:19 PM »

Sting would rule and would have more chance of being a hit unlike the other older dudes who flopped;

Steiner flopped cos he's crippled as is Hogan and Goldberg is just a 2 move guy Sting is way better
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #1133 on: May 22, 2004, 06:25:43 PM »

Sting is the last unconquered man from the 'old enemy' - WWF have at one point or another employed every major force in american proffesional wrestling except Sting, so I would expect Vince to pick him up for that reason alone, but I wouldn't want him there for long, his gimmick is cool, but the fact that he is a great wrestler is a myth, his best days was when he was the original stinger character.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1134 on: May 23, 2004, 06:33:42 AM »

his best days was when he was the original stinger character.

Maybe they were but compared to Hogan, Goldberg & Steiner this guy is Bret Fuckin' Hart Tongue

And in other news from www.backstagewrestling.com it looks like Konnan has signed with WWE:

Konnan himself has been telling people that he has agreed to a one year contract deal with World Wrestling Entertainment. As previously reported, he was pushing for an announcer position when he was backstage at Judgment Day. As of right now, he is going to play an announcer role. Although the specifics are unknown, it is expected that he would be doing backstage and in-ring interview type angles. He will most likely be a bit more ?involved? than other announcers.

He apparently still wants to get in the ring, however does not feel that he is in the best physical shape to do so. As it stands right now, if things go well and Konnan gets back into shape, he could be used as a wrestler sometime down the line.

Konnan is leaving TNA on good terms, and there is no heat between the two sides over his departure to WWE.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2004, 06:40:27 AM by Superjudge [STONED] » Logged
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #1135 on: May 23, 2004, 07:48:19 AM »

Sting is the last unconquered man from the 'old enemy' - WWF have at one point or another employed every major force in american proffesional wrestling except Sting, so I would expect Vince to pick him up for that reason alone, but I wouldn't want him there for long, his gimmick is cool, but the fact that he is a great wrestler is a myth, his best days was when he was the original stinger character.

My sentiments exactly.

They were the days....although i prefer The Crow gimmick, that Ruleth!

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #1136 on: May 23, 2004, 04:23:45 PM »

Konnan had better be on Smackdown so i don't have to watch his sorry ass. but if Sting were to come then what show do you think they should put him on , maybe for the first month he should just pop up on both shows deathdropping people.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1137 on: May 23, 2004, 04:31:18 PM »

With Jericho, HBK, Benoit, HHH, Kane, Orton, Christian etc. to put him on RAW with Smackdown fucked like it is would be plain stupid
Evolution
« Reply #1138 on: May 23, 2004, 06:50:07 PM »

i like the idea of using raw for established stars and smackdown for up and comers and experimental gimmicks.sucks for eddie though possibly more mediocre "talent" coming his way in the future
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #1139 on: May 24, 2004, 04:31:07 PM »

Raw goes tonight..should be great as usual...

Heres the preview:Last week's Monday Night RAW was a memorable one for Kane. The Big Red Monster defeated Val Venis in singles competition, won a Battle Royal to become the No. 1 Contender for the World Heavyweight Championship at Bad Blood and received an answer of "yes" from Lita to a question he posed several weeks ago. With Kane in top form after last week's success, what is next for him as he prepares for his match at Bad Blood? Also, will his question to Lita be revealed? Find out on RAW

Speaking of the Battle Royal, Kane's victory was a result of the suspended Shawn Michaels gaining a measure of payback from Triple H. When the final two were Triple H and Kane, HBK appeared out of nowhere to eliminate The Game and give Kane a trip to Bad Blood. The Game was enraged as RAW came to an end, and it is expected that he will be in a bad way this coming week on RAW. What will his reaction be? Find out on RAW.

Triple H wasn't the only member of Evolution to have a bad night last Monday.  Will Ric Flair's luck turn around this week when he faces Edge one-on-one?  Find out on RAW.

And the question on everybody's mind is what's in store for Eugene after taking down Garrison Cade and Jonathan Coachman last week with a little help from his good friend, The Rock.  Find out on RAW this Monday as Eugene and William Regal face off against Garrison Cade and Jonathan Coachman.

All of this and more as the road to Bad Blood continues on Monday Night RAW at 9/8 PM CT on Spike TV.

Apparently confirmed matches are:Eugene and William Regal vs. Garrison Cade and The Coach

Ric Flair vs. Edge

Lita's answer for Kane, Yes or No.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 04:32:34 PM by malcolm » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: