Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 01:14:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228564 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 850957 times)
Evolution
« Reply #920 on: March 20, 2004, 09:14:13 PM »

just got back from aberdeen and i have to say that rhyno is a amazing guy.he answered all questions stupid neds fired at him after the show and actually was looking for stuff to sign instead of it getting thrust in his face!the house show was great entertainment btw considering the wrestlers they brought over
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #921 on: March 21, 2004, 05:50:11 AM »

just got back from aberdeen and i have to say that rhyno is a amazing guy.he answered all questions stupid neds fired at him after the show and actually was looking for stuff to sign instead of it getting thrust in his face!the house show was great entertainment btw considering the wrestlers they brought over

So what were the matches? Who were the 'Great' Wrestlers they brought over?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #922 on: March 21, 2004, 06:45:29 AM »

Chris Jericho's band, Fozzy, will be appearing on an upcoming KISS tribute album scheduled to be released on April 27. The album, which features such artists as Lemmy Kilmeister of Motorhead and Dee Snider of Twisted Sister will cover 11 classic KISS songs, with bonus DVD included. Fozzy will cover "King of the Nighttime World," from KISS's album Destroyer.
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #923 on: March 21, 2004, 01:30:05 PM »

The problem with UK WWE shows is that USA audiences dont see them so you know that titles are not going to change hands.

Riot In Everyone!
Evolution
« Reply #924 on: March 21, 2004, 04:44:33 PM »

probably not....
Evolution
« Reply #925 on: March 21, 2004, 04:47:29 PM »

Partial Credit: The Torch Newsletter

As reported earlier, WWE will run 14 PPVs this year with two in June and two in October. The two June PPVs will be on June 13th in Louisville [RAW PPV] and June 27th in Norfolk [SD! PPV]. They will then have their July PPV on the 11th in Hartford [RAW PPV].

In October, they will have a PPV on the 10th [SD! PPV] and one on the 19th [RAW PPV]. The show on the 19th will be an experimental Tuesday PPV. Smackdown will either be taped on Wednesday or air live that week.

The plan is also to have all WWE PPVs become PPVs in the U.K. as well once WWE's current deal with BSKYB expires later this year. In the past, some of WWE's PPVs aired on free TV in the U.K.
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #926 on: March 21, 2004, 04:56:07 PM »

The plan is also to have all WWE PPVs become PPVs in the U.K. as well once WWE's current deal with BSKYB expires later this year. In the past, some of WWE's PPVs aired on free TV in the U.K.

Well, i will only be buying the big four then

Royal Rumble
Wrestlemania
SummerSlam
Survivor Series.

Ill be damned if im spending over ?150.00 a year on WWE PPV's, i know you guys in the USA have to do this all the time and it must really suck!

Evolution
« Reply #927 on: March 21, 2004, 05:06:30 PM »

sorry if my rumour stuff is getting annoying but this is a good read.its a brock radio interview from earlier this week

Brock Lesnar is introduced as the ?Next Big Thing in the NFL?. Mike Morris asked about jumping to the NFL and to tell people why he decided to do so. Lesnar said growing up in Minnesota it was something he always wanted to do. He said he had a wonderful three years in WWE and was always kept happy but recently grew unhappy. Went on to say that he always wanted to play football, got college offers going out of high school, right now he wants to try and make it in the NFL.

He said he?s 6-foot 4-inches tall and 289-punds, people ask ?why walk away from Vince McMahon, making all that money?? He said it?s just about being happy. He is 26-years-old now and doesn?t want be 40-years old and wondering if he could have made in football. ?I?m not saying I may never go back there someday,? said Lesnar. But, right now he wants to try out for one team, 100 percent. Being from Minnesota he hopes to try out with the Vikings. Who knows what will happen, he says, if he can?t try out there, then somewhere else. He?s already an accomplished amateur wrestler and sports entertainer.

Mike Morris asked if he notified Vince about being so unhappy. He said yes, he told him he was going to leave about two weeks before WrestleMania and told him about being so unhappy about six months before that. He was just flat out tired with all the traveling. He said not everyone understands the traveling schedule for wrestlers.

One thing he did enjoy was meeting all the people, the good money and entertaining the fans in the ring. He bought an airplane for himself but said that was just an escape coat for him and it didn?t work.

Morris asked about the NFL work, not as much of a bad traveling schedule but has a gruesome 7am to 7pm daily schedule. Brock said he?s always been an athletic guy, used to workouts and isn?t a push over. He?s just asking for the opportunity to try. This is something he wants to do for himself. So when he is 40 or 50-years old he can say he had the balls to walk away from a multi-million dollar contract and try this out.

Kelly asked about being tested, she wanted to know if there was any worrying about passing a chemical test with the steroid problem in wrestling, ?is that a concern?? Brock said that?s not going to hinder him one bit, he has been taking drug tests since High School. ?I'm just a white boy from South Dakota blessed by God to be as big as I am,?  :rofl:he said. ?Drug tests aren?t the issue, the only issue is to see if I can be a football player.? He went on to say that this has been his dream since being a kid. Wrestling was always a secondary sport and even though he was better at football and did better there, he only excelled in wrestling.

He was asked about what position he wanted to play. He said he was open for anything. His next step is to take a couple days off to spend some time with his daughter, then fly down to tryouts with his agent ?Big? John Wolf. He might be away from home still but he will sacrifice that for this opportunity. He said he wants to play on defense for sure, but he can do anything, he isn?t too slow and isn?t weak, so he?ll see what happens.

He was asked if he was a decorated player in High School. He said he made all state, but was injured in his senior year and couldn?t play at the beginning, but was moved to being a Fullback later that year.

A caller asked if he would consider going to the Canadian Football League or playing in Europe before going on into the NFL. He said that he highly doubts that, he will try to excel here in the U.S. Morris said that pretty much anyone and everyone is tested. It doesn?t matter if you?re from college or WWE.

Brock then talked about having the experience. He said there are a lot of guys, especially wrestlers, who go into the NFL without professional experience. He mentioned Stephen Neal from the New England Patriots and how he did that exact thing. Mike mentioned some other names that did the same thing, from being NCAA wrestlers to being NFL players. Brock said he just doesn?t want to be unhappy anymore, he knows a lot of people in wrestling who are so unhappy.

Kelly asked if he would consider going back to wrestling. Brock said he has been disappointed there, ?I?m walking away from the wrestling business for now,? he said.

One of the other guys from the show pointed out how he isn?t the same Brock from last year, he appears to be more down, rather than that excited, up-beat Brock Lesnar. Brock said he has enjoyed his time working for Vince McMahon and WWE but right now its time to see if he can do something for himself.

Mike Morris thanks him for calling in for the interview and everyone says good bye. End of interview. Morris went on to say, ?Here?s a guy walking away from a 7 or 9 million dollar contract, but what a guy to walk away to play football.?
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #928 on: March 21, 2004, 05:09:18 PM »

YEah read that about three days ago Evo, all the same thanks for posting!

Can anyone in future when they present some news,please provide a link, it helps ascertain a certain amount of validity and helps to credit the websites that carry the particular stories!

Especially STONED! Tongue

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #929 on: March 21, 2004, 05:09:29 PM »

Partial Credit: The Torch Newsletter

As reported earlier, WWE will run 14 PPVs this year with two in June and two in October. The two June PPVs will be on June 13th in Louisville [RAW PPV] and June 27th in Norfolk [SD! PPV]. They will then have their July PPV on the 11th in Hartford [RAW PPV].

In October, they will have a PPV on the 10th [SD! PPV] and one on the 19th [RAW PPV]. The show on the 19th will be an experimental Tuesday PPV. Smackdown will either be taped on Wednesday or air live that week.

NOOOOOOOO

Don't make us pay, half the attraction was that they were free.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Evolution
« Reply #930 on: March 21, 2004, 05:17:46 PM »

is the raw ppv on 11 july meaning raw will have 6 ppv a year? to smackdowns 4?probably a mistake.has anybody been watching the wrestling channel on sky?some great action on there.i really like the x division on nwa:tna but the programes are like 6 months old
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #931 on: March 21, 2004, 05:39:29 PM »

I'm loving the wrestling channel quality viewing ive seen Chris Candido, Vampiro, Terry Funk, Raven, K-Kwik, Roadogg, Jeff Jarrett and tons of other guys who i have not seen in ages, as for posting links what's with the 'especially Stoned' crap i always say what website i got it from that's enough, it ain't too hard to go on the site and look around
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #932 on: March 21, 2004, 05:53:46 PM »

I'm loving the wrestling channel quality viewing ive seen Chris Candido, Vampiro, Terry Funk, Raven, K-Kwik, Roadogg, Jeff Jarrett and tons of other guys who i have not seen in ages, as for posting links what's with the 'especially Stoned' crap i always say what website i got it from that's enough, it ain't too hard to go on the site and look around

And u need to calm the fuck down, if u didnt notice the smiley after the comment then maybe u should look a bit more carefully.

And no for your information u dont always post the site u got the information from and yes it easy to go an have a look round if you know the source. Hence promoting the sites where the information is received from and crediting them.

Chris Jericho's band, Fozzy, will be appearing on an upcoming KISS tribute album scheduled to be released on April 27. The album, which features such artists as Lemmy Kilmeister of Motorhead and Dee Snider of Twisted Sister will cover 11 classic KISS songs, with bonus DVD included. Fozzy will cover "King of the Nighttime World," from KISS's album Destroyer.

Posted by STONED, did you make this story up then?

I know you didnt cus im already aware of it but people who are just looking through the thread might wanna know where u got  the information from so they can see if they can find any MP3's for instance and number two that your not bullshitting.

Hell we are part of the board where 10 out of 15 posts in the GNR section are bullshit and backed up neither with source or substantial evidence to say they are true.

I didnt make a big thing of it at first and projected it with a smiley, half in jest half seriously but seeing as you cant take a joke in the future i will back my comments up not in jest but seriously.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #933 on: March 21, 2004, 06:08:01 PM »

And u need to calm the fuck down, if u didnt notice the smiley after the comment then maybe u should look a bit more carefully.

And no for your information u dont always post the site u got the information from and yes it easy to go an have a look round if you know the source. Hence promoting the sites where the information is received from and crediting them.

Posted by STONED, did you make this story up then?

I know you didnt cus im already aware of it but people who are just looking through the thread might wanna know where u got  the information from so they can see if they can find any MP3's for instance and number two that your not bullshitting.

Hell we are part of the board where 10 out of 15 posts in the GNR section are bullshit and backed up neither with source or substantial evidence to say they are true.

I didnt make a big thing of it at first and projected it with a smiley, half in jest half seriously but seeing as you cant take a joke in the future i will back my comments up not in jest but seriously.

Hey i missed it off one thing 9 times out of 10 i mention the site, first i am calm, second i failed to see the joke you just made it sound like i bullshit why the fuck single me out
Evolution
« Reply #934 on: March 21, 2004, 06:35:44 PM »

http://www.wrestlingexposed.com/headlines/2697.shtml

- Joanie Laurer's first concert with the Chynna Dolls group only drew 40 people at the 1,000 seat El Rey Theater in LA.
 rofl rofl rofl rofl

i read somewhere that sean"x-pac"waltman plays somewhat of a roadie role,taking fotos of chyna and whatnot hihi
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #935 on: March 21, 2004, 06:35:55 PM »

Hey i missed it off one thing 9 times out of 10 i mention the site, first i am calm, second i failed to see the joke you just made it sound like i bullshit why the fuck single me out

Go back through all your posts on this particular thread, yes you do and have posted links before but u also havent posted links on many occasions.

And i didnt single you out, i posted that after Evo posted a long thread without a link.

And even then i said it with a playful  Tongue after the comment, so as not to rattle your cage or anyone elses.

Obviously u been smoking to much dope or something Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue (JOKE,JOKE,JOKE,JOKE)

^ Does that make it clear? Tongue Tongue Tongue
Evolution
« Reply #936 on: March 21, 2004, 06:41:58 PM »

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2004/articles/1079906177.php

Kurt Angle got his neck re-examined by two doctors this week after complaining of numbness in his fingers a week or so ago. The WWE and fans all around the world can breath a sigh of relief, because the doctors concluded that the current injury that Angle is suffering from is not career threatening, and additional neck surgery will not be required. Still no word yet on how long Angle will be out of action, as the WWE will most likely give Kurt as much time as he needs to make sure his neck is back up at 100%. Angle should be present at Raw this coming Monday though for the brand lottery.

phew!good news for us
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #937 on: March 21, 2004, 06:42:33 PM »

http://www.wrestlingexposed.com/headlines/2697.shtml

- Joanie Laurer's first concert with the Chynna Dolls group only drew 40 people at the 1,000 seat El Rey Theater in LA.
 rofl rofl rofl rofl

i read somewhere that sean"x-pac"waltman plays somewhat of a roadie role,taking fotos of chyna and whatnot hihi

Hahaha, good ol X-Pac, u know one day about 8 years ago, i used to like him....dammit, how times have changed.

Cheers for the link EVO, i havent seen that site before, gonna have a little browse now.

i normally use:-

www.wrestlezone.com

Some good articles and columns, as well as all the latest news.

Evolution
« Reply #938 on: March 21, 2004, 06:46:39 PM »

same here!i marked out for him heavily back when he was feuding with d'lo brown and was with kane.he really has fallen since then
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #939 on: March 21, 2004, 06:50:09 PM »

In the words of Mr. Dwayne Johnson.....
....Woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah....WOAH!!

Gentlemen chill out, go spark up a fag or have a cup of tea or put your hand through the wall or something. Where has this all come from?

Yes it is always good to put credit down when you have taken a report from somewhere and yes it is good to let other board users know the quality sites that provide reliable wrestling news (and 50,000 pop ups of course!), and yes recently you have been doing this alot more often stoned so that isn't a great problem really. The thing that gets me is that people like me and Arron and im sure many others have often already been to these sites and read these stories and then want to come to this thread to discuss it with you guys...only to find that the WHOLE damn news article that we've just read has been copied and pasted onto a reply, often without any other comment and occasionally without credit (thus making it look like your own views). It would be far easier for convosations purpose to mention what has happened (i.e. wrestlezone.com has reported that ron simmons has been fired) and then give us your view on it. This way people who have already read it dont have to read it again, those who havent read now know the basics and can choose to go to the site if they want AND we have our own debate underway! But seriously ladies there is no need for these handbags, we all get on well here and i appreciate and respect all of your views so lets not start scrapping about it.

BTW hoggy how come you arent on messenger?

and on the following....

x-pac - i think edge said it best when he said 'hey x-pac 1990 called and it wnats its gimmick back!'

chyna - a band - omg, 40 fans - brilliant!

kurt angle - thank FUCK for that!

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: