Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 03:28:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228564 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 851028 times)
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #900 on: March 17, 2004, 04:52:27 PM »

The brand extension on my part has always been a good idea and if withdrawn would throw the company into turmoil.

As Scotty Dumpy Plumpy said, yes there are the positives for getting rid of it but the pros of keeping it outweigh the cons, the ones im particularly looking forward to is when another invasion angle is played out on a larger scale and we have an all out brand war! That would kick ass!

STONED - Bill Demott is no longer wrestling, he is now a comentator on Velocity.

Ultimo Dragon is very much under utilised, its not his fault the WWE do not like his style, hopefully one day he will get his chance in a match that lasts more than 3 minutes to exhibit some of his talents.

It seems Bradshaw and Farooq are splitting up anyway according to the Smackdown spoilers but on that subject i will say no more as some of you guys may want to watch it tomorrow night.

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #901 on: March 17, 2004, 05:40:31 PM »

unfortunately Ultimo Dragon was a victim of Vince MaMahon's much utilised 'lets hire the guy before we even know his name' technique (see also Nathan Jones, Mark Henry, Dan Severn, Nicole Bass, Raven, Mike Awesome, Perry Saturn etc etc etc...) - as good as he is - and he is very good he was never going to be accepted in wwe due to a whole number of reasons. He has his own promotion called Toryumon in Japan and it is brilliant, although the wrestling channel does not have it yet they are in negotiations. It is just a shame that on his dream night....wm at msg he fucked over on his entrance (some people just arent made for it!) But he won't be around much longer.

On the subject of the wrestling channel...yes DO check it out, there are a host of promotions from around the world that offer a good alternative to WWE including nwa:tna - 'the new wcw' plus NJPW, NOAH, ROH, CZW, MLW - check out the site for more details.

One final note, id just like to point everyone in the direction of a coloum by a writer on wrestlezone.com its titled 'ripped form the headlines - reality of wrestling' and it is a superb piece of writing on why wrestling should be a respected art form and why those (us) that watch it should be proud.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #902 on: March 17, 2004, 05:44:25 PM »

Read it...its a superb piece of writing as you say!

Thanks for pointing it out dump!

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #903 on: March 17, 2004, 07:00:16 PM »

Ultimo Dragon should deffinetly go....i have watched many of his matches (and seen him live), for all the hype he really isn't anything special.

ed. just read about the 'lottery', things were getting a bit stale, smackdown had an appaling card, i think a shake up's for the best though it may mean i have to watch smackdown again....

Guess evolution will be broken up already..or maybe reformed with half decent members - please Rick Flair retire ur embarassingly old at this point yes
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 07:09:53 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #904 on: March 18, 2004, 12:00:08 PM »

Evolution just needs to break up the only ones worth damn in it are HHH and Orton and Flair should really call it a day beer
« Last Edit: March 18, 2004, 12:01:17 PM by timothy » Logged

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #905 on: March 18, 2004, 12:03:45 PM »

No Evolution need to continue. it helps out Batista and Orton who are still very much green and it gives Flair part of something as well...as much as i hate it!

Orton will be the future leader of Evolution, maybe when HHH doesnt win the title next time round Orton and Evolution will turn on him setting up a HHH face turn and an Orton HHH match!

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #906 on: March 18, 2004, 12:12:39 PM »

Well they should really give batista somthing to do then just look stupid in the background give him a program with somebody, I mean him being in Evolution is almost pointless

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #907 on: March 18, 2004, 01:37:19 PM »

I'm afraid if Batista wasn't in Evolution he would be jobbing for them, but he is important to the group and provides a nice 'enforcer' role, all 4 of them has a decent spot in their faction and as a result in the promotion. 'Big Dave' is improving but not at the staggering rate that Orton is, another win over Foley and then maybe a programme with HHH will make this boy the future and with main eventers dropping like flies there is no better time to be one of trips' best buddies. Will be interesting to see what happens with the roster split....remember last time the nWo were drafted as a unit but tag teams weren't.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #908 on: March 18, 2004, 06:46:29 PM »

Breaking News: Ron "Farooq" Simmons Fired From WWE
Story By: Ryan Cain
March 18, 2004

WWE superstar Ron "Farooq" Simmons was released from the company today. This word comes just hours before tonight's edition of WWE SmackDown!

A segment was apparently taped on Tuesday at the SmackDown! tapings where Farooq was fired from the show.

We'll keep you posted.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #909 on: March 18, 2004, 07:33:38 PM »

Hey Farooq's gone for good Grin

Quick! To the bandwagon!
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #910 on: March 18, 2004, 08:27:48 PM »

WWE superstar Ron "Farooq" Simmons was released from the company today. This word comes just hours before tonight's edition of WWE SmackDown!

A segment was apparently taped on Tuesday at the SmackDown! tapings where Farooq was fired from the show.

We'll keep you posted.

Yeah when i read the Smackdown spoilers i thought it may have something to do with the new lottery coming up.

Obviously not but lets face it....farooq has done fuck all for about 3 years apart from stand in the corner of Bradshaw why he kicks the fuck outta everyone.

Bradshaw now needs to stay on good terms with the management and bookers alike and earn himself another push....he got one previously but must of done something wrong cus it just ended and then he was subjected to Farooq again.

On a side note, i have been reading a lot about Owen Harts death in the past couple of days, yes its morbid but some of the stuff surrounding it, before the fatal accident and also the aftermath are interesting.

He is still sourly missed to this very day.....

And id just like to pay my respects to him albeit nearly 5 years late and also his family.

RIP Owen.

The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #911 on: March 19, 2004, 07:54:24 AM »

Some Good News for Old School Fans such as myself

Georgiann Makropoulos over at http://www.1wrestling.com/news/newsline.asp?news=17905is reporting that a Four Horsemen DVD is going to be coming out. Apparently Ric Flair said so at the WWE Hall of fame dinner on Saturday.

This could be such a awesome thing. I really hope they include the part on WCW Nitro when Flair returned and was in the ring with Arn, Dean, Benoit, and Mongo in the suits for Flair's return to WCW.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #912 on: March 19, 2004, 08:14:04 AM »

A Four Horsemen dvd will kick ass, it would have to have two disc or more.   beer

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #913 on: March 19, 2004, 12:04:37 PM »

Yeah Farooq is gone that's one off my list, as for me putting Bill Demott on Arron i know he does not wrestle but i still want him firing he's a waste of a wage
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #914 on: March 19, 2004, 01:32:53 PM »

I was just thinking - how come HBK can wrestle now? Back when he had his storyline as commissoner - wasnt it becasue he couldnt wrestle due to some injury, i thought that was like career ending, or am i wrong?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2004, 02:19:52 PM by Lineker10 » Logged

Riot In Everyone!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #915 on: March 19, 2004, 02:16:31 PM »

I was just thinking - how come HBK can wrestle now? Back when he had his storyline as commissoner - wasnt it becasue he couldnt relase due to some injury, i thought that was like career ending, or am i wrong?

I think he faked his injury all along.... hihi

I guess either he got better or he decided to go ahead and wrestle again against the doctors advice.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Evolution
« Reply #916 on: March 19, 2004, 08:02:09 PM »

i really hope kurt recovers from his latest setback.i got tickets to the aberdeen house show!im pretty excited but the card is a bit of a shambles Tongue
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #917 on: March 20, 2004, 01:59:11 AM »

HBK had his vertebrate fused with a piece of his hip or something and thats why he is so skinny now, being that thin allows him to wrestle, so if u have wondered why he is so bony and has lost his muscle mass that is why

HBK took 4 years if not longer off without wrestling and i think that allowed his back to heal 100 percent, where as alot of wrestlers come back in 6 to 9 months and i dont think they are properly healed

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #918 on: March 20, 2004, 07:42:25 AM »

HBK had his vertebrate fused with a piece of his hip or something and thats why he is so skinny now, being that thin allows him to wrestle, so if u have wondered why he is so bony and has lost his muscle mass that is why

HBK took 4 years if not longer off without wrestling and i think that allowed his back to heal 100 percent, where as alot of wrestlers come back in 6 to 9 months and i dont think they are properly healed

For example Kurt Angle
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #919 on: March 20, 2004, 02:58:04 PM »

Many backstage in WWE are said to be waiting to see whether or not the 'Draft Lottery' has an impact on their schedules.

The strong majority are apparently still in the dark on the whole situation, not knowing where they will end up after Monday. Several wrestlers were itching to get their new travel schedules so they could try to figure out which brand they would be on.

The announcement of the lottery was a shocker to many, and caught the locker room off guard.

For those not in the know, the WWE will be holding a Draft Lottery on Monday's RAW.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: