Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 05:18:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228564 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 851085 times)
Evolution
« Reply #860 on: March 14, 2004, 03:35:02 PM »

id like silver and black ropes and the logo on the mat.

that wud be gr8 dump.it would give wm another special unique thing to remember.me and my best friend always go on about the little things about wrestling so little pieces like that will make some gd memories!i was thinking possibly wwe wud have the aisle longer like where mysterio popped out of at survivor series 2002?or more likely stick with the classic short aisle
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #861 on: March 14, 2004, 04:07:58 PM »

Wouldnt it be funny if it was cancelled! Embarrassed
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #862 on: March 14, 2004, 04:15:51 PM »

Wouldnt it be funny if it was cancelled! Embarrassed

Only you would say that at this stage!"

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #863 on: March 14, 2004, 04:17:42 PM »

Ever the pessimist....im trying not to work myself up too much or ill probably have a heart attack.

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #864 on: March 14, 2004, 04:26:37 PM »

Pete Rose and the hall of famers are confirmed to be at the show tonight and a new logo will be unveiled

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #865 on: March 14, 2004, 04:32:59 PM »

A new Pete Rose logo? Wow that guy must really be big in the US of A.

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #866 on: March 14, 2004, 04:58:56 PM »

lol! not as big as Paul Bearer apparently he has gotten massive (in size, not in popularity)

Evolution
« Reply #867 on: March 14, 2004, 05:17:10 PM »

im interested to see this new logo..hope its good seeing as we will have 2 live with it for a while no doubt.well this is going to be my last post b4 the granddaddy of em all so everyone here enjoy and i cant wait to discuss it 2morrow! beer
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #868 on: March 14, 2004, 05:19:01 PM »

less than 2 hours, im so excited im jumpin up and down!

even if gnr arent there its still gonna be so amazing

if they are there im probably gonna have heart failure so thanks for the memories guys!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #869 on: March 14, 2004, 05:27:18 PM »

if they are there im probably gonna have heart failure so thanks for the memories guys!

The EMT's are gonna be working overtime tonight...what with my heart attack and you heart failure!!

Jesus!

1 hour 30 mins!

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #870 on: March 14, 2004, 06:00:15 PM »

The EMT's are gonna be working overtime tonight...what with my heart attack and you heart failure!!

Jesus!

1 hour 30 mins!

My old ticker ain't working great either im gonna have 999 ready in my phone so i just need to press dial hihi..............1 hour to go
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #871 on: March 14, 2004, 06:01:40 PM »

For gods sake hoggy, will you stop making reference to Bret Hart...he is not gonna be there, oh and by the way.....

ONE HOUR TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #872 on: March 14, 2004, 06:28:35 PM »

Im taping it as my hopes of watching it live have crashed and burned. Ill be on here tomorrow afternoon to dicuss, hope everyone enjoys it!

Riot In Everyone!
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #873 on: March 14, 2004, 06:50:47 PM »

okay guys this is it, enjoy the show see you all hopefully tomoro to discuss a great show

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #874 on: March 14, 2004, 11:59:00 PM »

5am in the morning here!

Im gonna leave it to Big Poppa to review the show....

Man i thought Taker looked so cool behind all those Flame bearers...reminded me slightly of Clint Eastwood.

When he took off his Jacket it was like the America Badass again, maybe he couldnt fit into the grey and black?

I think he has also had the same thing done to his tongue that Gene Simmons had done as well!

Also the crowd reaction to Lesnar was funny as fuck...silly twat, he should not of told anyone...now he will never be back and if he had second thoughts about going...he certainly wont now!

The Title matches were superb affairs....excellent stuff WWE...

Lets just see what the future holds!

Rock and Fucking Roll!!!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #875 on: March 15, 2004, 12:12:48 AM »

first wrestlemania review

john cena vs big show  good opening match nice pops for cena crowd was hot i gave it a 7 out of 10 much better than i expected, cena new US champ

raw tag team turmoil booker t rvd retain, nothin special here 5/10

christian vs chris jericho give us all an A for booking we predicted this one dead on the money trish costed jericho the match then turned on him excellent stuff 8/10 she was so hot when she kissed christian and licked her lips cant wait for raw tomorrow night, jericho is gonna rip em in 2

im confused on some of the order so forgive me if i get out of order
rock n sock vs evolution great match great heat surprise finish, makes all the sense when u think of it, starts a great feud and a nice finish, evolution won 8/10
what was next hmmm jackie/stacy vs torrie and sable i think nice tits and ass cant rate it cause it wasnt really wrestling but damn those chicks were hot, torrie and sable win

crusierweight open this was very disappointing in my opinion chavo retains but i expected alot more i gave it a 6 out of 10

goldberg vs lesnar i think was next what a fucked up match!, the crowd hated both of these guys, u sold out chants for brock , boos for goldberg, they clearly let the crowd effect there performance cause that match sucked goldberg won but i gave it a 2 out of 10, worst match ever very disappointing and did anyone else see stone cold get hit in the face with that can of beer that he didnt catch, that was fucked!

smackdown piece of shit match who cares rikishi and scotty blah blah 3 out of 10

molly vs victoria, damn she was hideous shaved! good match though 6 out of 10

kurt vs eddie was unbelievable! excellent ending 10 out of 10

kane vs undertaker undertaker has slimmed down and has got ripped up but nothing special he really didnt look like the deadman i was a little let down match got a 7 out of 10

and the match that saved the night, one of the greatest matches ive ever seen

hhh vs hbk vs benoit, holy shit this was awesome great action great moves blood everywhere and benoit  got the win cleanly using his finishing move, all hhh haters need to fuck off now, unbelievable match

it was worth 50 bucks but alot of it sucked

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #876 on: March 15, 2004, 03:58:16 AM »

Well there you have it, what a bizarre 4 and a half hours of action. First of all let me just say I don't really appreciate these things fully until i've seen them again. It is hard not to make a rash judgement first time round at 5 o'clock in the morning when you have built something up so big and for so long. WrestleMania XX was a mixture of the good, the bad and the ugly. It certainly felt special, with the opening package, the choir, all the guys in suits (king looked especially dapper i fort), the elaborate and clever staging and set which was totally made of video screen. Then of course there was the hall of fame ceremony which was nice, vince thanking everyone which was brilliant, the fireworks inside and outside the arena and a whole number of things that you just wouldn't get at a normal ppv. As for the action it ranged from passable (both womens matches and tag bouts) average (cena/big show) good (jericho/christian) and  excellent (angle/guererro). Whilst rock n sock v evolution, the cruiserweight open and takers return provided entertainment in droves if not classic wrestling. The open was a well worked series of high flying spots which lasted no longer than 10 minutes, the shock of the night was evolutions victory, fair play to rock n foley here, it was on early and although rocks classic promo before the bout was probably more entertaining than the match itself it still served its purpose. Takers return provided one of those classic wrestlemania moments, his shadowy figure behind the druids sent a shiver up my spine and was truely breathtaking, the crowd (who i'll get to shortly) went fucking nuts - what a roar!) No he didn't look much different which was a surprise, but he did look kind of cool in the hybrid of deadman/badass and maybe goin rite back would be too gimmicky for this day and age, the sit up and the tombstone got a mass pop aswell. Kurt angle and eddie guererro put on a clinic of a wrestling match, it could have run a few more minutes and the crowd could have given it an edge but it was sublime. As for Goldberg/Lesnar well i wish it had never of happened, the whole thing was obviously re-booked because austin did nothing which im sure wasn't the plan, i actually though the beginning was intense and not boring, goldbergs powermove at the start was excellent but other than that it was a heap of shit and probably the biggest let down of a wrestling match in history, and who were to blame? Brock Lesnar first off, he should have known better than to announce he is leaving days before an event of this magnitude where his match had been built up so heavily, all the promotion seemed pointless. And secondly the live crowd, i know freedom of expression and all that crap but come on, you've paid all that money to be part of something special and then utterly ruin it. The crowd were lacklustre all evening except for taker and the main event, this is not the madison square garden crowd that i know, thats blew the roof off at survivor series 2002 and summerslam 98, but hey thats what happens when smarks get all the tickets...the only thing they did right otherwise was cheer the hall of famers. So here we are 4 hours in and WrestleMania XX, although good is turning into the biggest let down in sports entertainment history until the blockbuster match finally arrives, and what a match it was. Triple H i take it all back you sold for america out there man and that tap out - biggest surprise ever. Maybe this has all been a work, for all these years you've hardly everl jobbed cleanly so when you do the impact is even more impressive. Well done Chris Benoit, well done all three on a great match. I suppose the thing with mania you just expect the matches to contain that something extra where they go the extra mile and the triple threat match was the only one that seemed to do that if it werent for that I WrestleMania XX would have been a failure but alas add one rocketbuster of a match to a night of indifferent emotions and you have yourself a pretty good event, no it isn't the greatest WM of all timebut it certainly isn't the worst(as im hearing from various other boards around)remember we've hyped this up so big it is never gonna be what you hope for, one day maybe there will be a perfect WM, maybe it'll be next year at WM21 - i'll certainly be watching to find out. I'll watch WM XX again soon and i'll probably like it even more, thats what usually happens. But in closing perhaps it is right, in response to Vince, to thank him, his family, staff and the superstars for 20 years of WrestleMania, the most unlikely sport to be celebrating 20 years of its major event. Has it begun again? I don't know, there was no new logo, nothing to suggest a sudden change of direction but lets look closer....randy orton and batista are put over two of the biggest stars the industry has ever seen, the two giants bill goldberg and brock lesnar were destroyed by the live crowd in what is probably the last match they will have, edge is expected to recieve a major push soon and the two champions are small, gifted, athletic 'wrestlers'. John Cena, Randy Orton, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guererro are the major title holders, 4 guys with raw talent, not huge men with 3 moves a piece each with a different believeable story and background...if these are the 4 men who are destined to lead wwe into a new era then WMXX may well have a lasting impact on all of sports entertainment and i hope that management and the fans will give these boys a chance to run with the ball for a long time yet.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2004, 04:03:07 AM by big ploppa dump » Logged

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #877 on: March 15, 2004, 07:33:34 AM »

Wrestlemania review.

Cena vs. Big Show was a good opening match nothing really special just a good entertainment match . Cena wins new US champ. 6/10

Raw tag team title match failry good match a bit of the same old same old . RVD and Bookfer T  retain the titles . 5/10

Christian vs Jericho very good match Christian inpressed the hell out of me.  I thnk everybody saw the turn by Trish coming, Christian wins .8/10

Rock n Sock vs Evolution very entertainment match huge shock that Evolution picked up the win. 7/10  

Jackie and Stacy vs Torrie and Sable what can you say but tits and ass damn this was hot . Torrie and Sable win. No rating

Crusierweight open  what a let down . Chavo retains . 5/10

Goldberg vs Lesnar damn this was hard to watch  huge you sold out chany6s for Lesner and boos for Goldberg , it seemed the only won that the fans cared about was Stone Cold . Goldberg wins then him and Lesner get stuned at a point after the match . No wonder Austin was put in this the fans needed somthing to cheer . 1/10 just because of the stunners after the match

Smackdown tag title match . A bit booring, but still btter than the previous match. Rikishi and Scotty retain . 4/10

Victorria vs Molly a very decent match , but damn Molly shouldn't off shaved her head,. Victorria retains . 6/10

Kurt vs Eddie great match with a very good ending, Eddie retains .10/10

Undertaker vs Kane, Undertaker looks like  a cross between the deadman and biker gimack guess well have to see where they go with it. but it was cool to Taker Rise up after taking a sidewalk slam and the givinf the tombstone . Taker wins in what was damn near a one way ass kicking . 7/10

HHH vs HBK vs Benoit, shit this has to be the match of the year . these guys put on one hell of a show the ending with HHH tapping to the crossface was great, I never would have guessed that Great match by these gut ,theirs no way t desribe how good this match was. Benoit wins World title . No rating could do this justices.

Over all wrestlemania wasd one of the best , cant wait till Raw tonight. Sorry if the matchs where out of order at all.
 beer

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #878 on: March 15, 2004, 10:55:57 AM »

Lesnar, who really is a helluva worker when he's motivated, really half-assed it...maybe as much as tenth-assed it, really.  Goldberg needs carrying, and Brock didn't give a shit.  BAD way to go out.  Neither one cared.
The ladies tag was better than I expected...they at least tried, I think.  Molly/Victoria was a nice match from 2 good workers, but I miis Victoria's ctrazy bitch act.
Both world title matches fucking ROCKED....hopefully the whole "Where it all begins again" tagline means something, and they'll let Benoit/Guerrero carry their respective torches awhile.  That ending with both of 'em in tears was VERY effective, I think.
I liked pretty much the whole show except for Brock/Goldberg.  Jesus, that was "How to Kill Crowd Heat 101".
They did put most new talent over where it counted.  Hopefully they'll stick with it.
I do admit to marking out for 'Taker's return.  I though the blended gimmcik was sort of cool.
Kudos to HHH for tapping and not demanding a "He passed out from the pain" ending.  Maybe management is noticing the Benoit chants.
Anyway, that's my take.
/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #879 on: March 15, 2004, 12:37:14 PM »

Only a couple reviews here,had about 20 of my friends here to watch it

Cena VS Big Show-Good opener, awsome to see Cena lift Show for the F5-Cena Wins

Rock n Sock VS Evolution-Huge dissapointment Evolution won,Natch was very entertaning as always lol

Goldberg VS Lesnar- HUGE dissapointment,Could have been best match of all time, Fans there really sucked i thaught

Undertaker VS Kane-Amazing match,awsome to see vintage taker,paul bearer good to see him,ur right he did look like clint when he came out,

Triple HHH VS Benoit Vs Micheals-Good Match,would of liked to see michels win but benoit deserved it

i jsut wanna say this-all the promotion for this,jsut wish the matched were better,these were the best matches ever made,and had all the potential in the world,but i didnt feel they lived up to it especially lesnar and goldberg

and the fans we all thaught really sucked,they werent into it,not much respect for what these guys go through

anwyays pretty good

THANKS VINCE

« Last Edit: March 15, 2004, 02:33:03 PM by malcolm » Logged

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: