Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 05:12:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228564 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 851066 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #840 on: March 14, 2004, 11:40:17 AM »

Drink Beer, Eat food and watch Mania  beer  drool
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #841 on: March 14, 2004, 11:48:31 AM »

Whats this about Bret hart making a return? He is a legend!

Riot In Everyone!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #842 on: March 14, 2004, 12:01:22 PM »

Whats this about Bret hart making a return? He is a legend!

Bret is retired he cannot wrestle anymore, he retired after he never recovered from a severe concussion inflicted by Goldberg.  He has since has a motorcycle accident and a stroke.  He will never fight again.  Vince though has wanted him to come back for years to make a farewell speech.  They are meant to be on good terms at the moment.  A return is possible in the future.  Bret has said though he will not attend this years Mania.  He has been spotted by 2 'unknown' sources in a NYC hotel, obviously where a lot of Mania fans are staying this weekend.  So it could be possible that Vince and Bret are keeping this quiet so they shock everyone tonight, who knows?

This is some more news from www.backstagewrestling.com

As we have been reporting for the past several weeks, Bret Hart will 100% NOT be at WWE WrestleMania XX tonight. The rumors keep popping up left and right although none of them are true. Again, and we cannot say this enough, Bret Hart will NOT be at WMXX tonight.

Over the past several weeks, we have heard that Guns n' Roses would be performing at WMXX tonight. Although we do not have it confirmed, the group has been doing some promotion for the big PPV and one of the singers recently cancelled an appearance scheduled for today.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2004, 12:07:23 PM by THESTONEDMAIDS » Logged
Evolution
« Reply #843 on: March 14, 2004, 12:12:38 PM »

Over the past several weeks, we have heard that Guns n' Roses would be performing at WMXX tonight. Although we do not have it confirmed, the group has been doing some promotion for the big PPV and one of the singers recently cancelled an appearance scheduled for today.

just got this off of www.wrestlingexposed.com
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #844 on: March 14, 2004, 12:16:21 PM »

just got this off of www.wrestlingexposed.com

Yep i beat you by about 5 minutes anyway more news for people:

The rumors continue to circulate that Bill Goldberg may indeed return to the WWE instead of taking a break from action and the main reason behind that is Steve Austin.

Steve Austin and Bill Goldberg have apparently formed a strong relationship in Goldberg's short stint in the WWE. Austin is pushing hard for Goldberg to return to WWE and also has become a medium between Goldberg and WWE Management.

As of right now, there has been no official word on whether or not Goldberg is close to reaching a new agreement or whether he is done for good, but tonight's outcome of his match should speak volumes about his future in the WWE.
Evolution
« Reply #845 on: March 14, 2004, 12:17:39 PM »

shit sorry man u must have posted that as i was typing

so here are my wm picks

benoit to pin hbk thus setting up either benoit hhh or another triple threat but in a ladder match

eddie to retain over kurt

taker to beat kane

goldberg 2 take it over brock altho im no way 100%

cade and jindrak and the wgtt to take their respective tag title matches

cena to win the us title

rock n sock 2 beat evolution(i changed my mind)

torrie and sable to beat jackie and stacy

chavo to retain

molly to get her title back

christian 2 beat y2j with the help of trish
Evolution
« Reply #846 on: March 14, 2004, 12:25:25 PM »

found this on wrestlingexpsed 2....

While I was watching Smackdown! last night, during commercials, they advertised the Smackdown! event for March 16th in Boston, MA(I live in MA, that's why I got this commercial).

They announced that Eddie Guerrero would take on Kurt Angle in what they called "Wrestle Mania reVenge". Now my guess is, this means Kurt Angle will be walking out of Wrestle Mania with the title, seeing as how they advertised it like it would be "reVenge" for Eddie Guerrero.

I can't say I can guarantee that Kurt Angle will be walking out of Wrestle Mania as champion, but from the way they advertised it, it seems like that's gonna happen.

Also, I'd say that's about 100% confirmation for Angle vs Eddie on Smackdown! next week, other wise it'd be false advertisement.
Lineker10
VIP

« Reply #847 on: March 14, 2004, 12:27:05 PM »

Dunno if anyone actually cares if i watch WMXX live or not but heres the laest update! Basically a few of us want to watch it but we are struggling for a venue as its on so late most peoples familys will be sleeping and not to pleased about having drunkard wresting watching at 5am - i am however working on one mate hows kinda iffing and butting about letting us all go over to his place!

Would be cool to see Bret Hart again -and those Gn'R rumours, are they new?

Riot In Everyone!
Evolution
« Reply #848 on: March 14, 2004, 12:29:18 PM »

those gnr rumors are not new,they have bn discussed 4 ages on here same goes 4 the bret ones.altho if they were a reality that wud kick serious arse
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #849 on: March 14, 2004, 12:30:59 PM »

Chris Benoit vs HBK vs HHH = Chris Benoit

Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg = Brock Lesnar

The Undertaker vs Kane = The Undertaker

Eddie Guerrero vs Kurt Angle = Eddie Guerrero

John Cena vs The Big Show = John Cena

Cruiserweight Open = Chavo Guerrero Jnr.

Rock N' Sock Connection vs Evolution = Rock N' Sock Connection

Chris Jericho vs Christian = Chris Jericho

TWGTT vs APA vs The Bashams vs Rikishi & Scotty = TWGTT

Cade/Jindrak vs RVD/Booker T vs The Dudley Boyz vs La Resistance = Cade/Jindrak (I hope)

Molly Holly vs Victoria = Molly Holly

Sable/Torrie vs Stacy/Jackie = Stacy/Jackie

Some more news from www.backstagewrestling.com

According to BlackJack Brown, Goldberg is now 'likely' to stay with WWE because of his new found friendship with Steve Austin, something that Keith reported earlier.

To update on the matter, it seems that WWE are frantically planning how to get Goldberg back into the title picture while moving Lesnar out of the mix.

It is rumored that Goldberg will be victorious tonight and move to SmackDown! to begin a feud for the SmackDown! championship with Kurt Angle. It makes sense to book Goldberg as the number one face in the company if he does say.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2004, 12:53:04 PM by THESTONEDMAIDS » Logged
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #850 on: March 14, 2004, 01:07:05 PM »

Well guys after 6 months of rumours and hype we are down to 6 hours! In half a day it'll all be over, I'll be very tired but hopefully on a high from the show, we'll just have to wait and see.

I hope Goldberg does stay, he is now well over with the fans and i expect him to get a thunderous reaction tonight, a feud with Angle would be brilliant. I'd rather have bill than brock, becuase although brock is a better wrestler and his mic work has improved no end he just doesnt have that 'X' factor that Goldberg does.

I'm sure over the next few hours the Wrestling sites and forums will be over flowing with news and rumours, im now off for a kip, but if anyone fancies a chat about the event i'll be in the wrestling channel chatroom from about 9pm.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #851 on: March 14, 2004, 01:08:18 PM »

Will GNR be there tonight.......here's to hoping

Quick! To the bandwagon!
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #852 on: March 14, 2004, 01:19:56 PM »

If GNR are there,my neighbors will be very angry!

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #853 on: March 14, 2004, 01:22:26 PM »

Right - i dont fancy staying up all night by myself like a sad git - so - as you all no, im a casual wrestling fan, but im gonna give a few of my mates a ring who like me havent watched it much since about 1999 ok and see if we can sort something out. Failing that ill probably just tape it or catch the highlights!

Whats everyone else plan for XX?

Dude that's so much like my plan it's not true!

Me and about five of my friends havn't watched wrestling properly since around 2000, but tonight we're going round one of their houses to stay up and watch it.  ok

Stay up, have a few beers, watch a bit of wrestling and then want to die at college tommorow. Now that's a plan if ever I've heard one.  Cool

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #854 on: March 14, 2004, 01:36:10 PM »

Ah good a moderator wrestling fan!

Maybe now this thread might get the Sticky Status it deserves! Tongue Cheesy

Lineker10
VIP

« Reply #855 on: March 14, 2004, 01:36:11 PM »

Right - i dont fancy staying up all night by myself like a sad git - so - as you all no, im a casual wrestling fan, but im gonna give a few of my mates a ring who like me havent watched it much since about 1999 ok and see if we can sort something out. Failing that ill probably just tape it or catch the highlights!

Me and about five of my friends havn't watched wrestling properly since around 2000, but tonight we're going round one of their houses to stay up and watch it.  ok

Stay up, have a few beers, watch a bit of wrestling and then want to die at college tommorow. Now that's a plan if ever I've heard one.  Cool

Nice one - except, as seen above my plan is starting to stumble....im gonna go play most (im not that good yet ok) of Nightrain on my guitar and then go round my mates house to persuade him, then go for beer! ok
Shaun michaels still wrestles - legend!

Riot In Everyone!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #856 on: March 14, 2004, 01:59:21 PM »

Nice one - except, as seen above my plan is starting to stumble....im gonna go play most (im not that good yet ok) of Nightrain on my guitar and then go round my mates house to persuade him, then go for beer! ok
Shaun michaels still wrestles - legend!

O yeah good ol' HBK still wrestles he is a fuckin' class legend although he did retired at Wrestlemania 14(1998) and only returned at Summerslam 2002 as an active wrestler
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #857 on: March 14, 2004, 02:49:31 PM »

In fact very little has been made of how far Michaels has come since his 'one night only' comeback.

Here is 15 years since his WrestleMania debut at WrestleMania V
10 years since his historic ladder match at MSG for WM X
8 years since his dream became a reality and he won the gold from Bret in the Iron Man Match st WM XII
and now 6 years on since his brave retirement match at WM XIV Shawn Michaels is back in the main event of WrestleMania. As the only man still on the active roster who performed at the landmark event 10 years no one wrestlers career can be defined more by his WrestleMania appearances than the Heartbreak Kid.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Evolution
« Reply #858 on: March 14, 2004, 03:20:54 PM »

oh god!the anticipation is killing me and we still have another 3 hrs 35 mins to go crying
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #859 on: March 14, 2004, 03:28:58 PM »

i wonder what the opening package is gonna be like....the Wrestlemania ones are always impecably made and give me goosebumps.

It will also be interesting to see how the arena is laid out, with commentary desks, logos, stage, id like silver and black ropes and the logo on the mat.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2004, 03:30:14 PM by big ploppa dump » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: