Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 07:21:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 851134 times)
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #820 on: March 12, 2004, 07:56:49 AM »

Well we'll just have to wait and see if Vince has the 'grapefruits' to go with the original plan, itll be a good intense match no matter what though. Just remember what happened with Bret Hart though!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2004, 07:57:52 AM by big ploppa dump » Logged

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #821 on: March 12, 2004, 04:19:09 PM »

In addition to running two PPV's in June, the WWE will also run two PPV's in October and the RAW PPV, is expected to air on a Tuesday night.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #822 on: March 12, 2004, 05:04:16 PM »

In addition to running two PPV's in June, the WWE will also run two PPV's in October and the RAW PPV, is expected to air on a Tuesday night.
Thats  crazy , to run two ppv in the same month.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #823 on: March 12, 2004, 08:46:57 PM »

46 hours to go.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #824 on: March 13, 2004, 07:26:40 AM »

Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Tice said the following about Brock Lesnar getting a tryout for the team this spring: "I've heard it," said Tice, in a Minneapolis Star-Tribune article that comes out tomorrow. "There's no tryout. We haven't talked to him. I'm not going to spend any time on that rumor."

Bret Hart will say the following in Sunday's Calgary Sun: "I'll be watching, but I won't be there. Let's just leave it at that, for now." He also made a special point of wishing Chris Benoit luck in his biggest career match." As we have been reporting, Bret Hart will NOT be at WMXX.

Also Billy Gunn and Steve Austin supposedly has an altercation at a hotel in NYC.........go Billy Gunn.....kick his ass

All of this was taken from www.backstagewrestling.com the Billy Gunn thing was re-written by me Grin

Just to add to the previous new storys i found here is some more from www.backstagewrestling.com and fuck it is big:

-- I?ve now read two fan reports from a British and an American fan, each saying the same thing, that Bret Hart is in NY and staying in a hotel there.

-- Of course, this is by no means confirmed and publicly the WWE (and Bret) are still saying nothing has been reached between the two parties, BUT, at the same time reliable sources report that Paul Bearer will be at the event and yet WWE and Mr. Bearer also are refuting those claims.

-- A call to said hotel has revealed that Bret is ?not there? (at least under that name), but that of course is probably to be the expected response to a member of the public.

-- Unlike in other posts, I am not going to speculate upon what he may be doing if he is in NY, as its pretty clear, but I stress once again that this information comes to me from two unproven sources and is not in any way shape or form confirmed. I will do some more digging into this throughout today and tomorrow, and one of our dedicated team of writers will have an update for you as soon as possible.

As was reported, the original plan for WrestleMania XX was to make the triple-threat RAW Title match a ladder match, to add even more interest. However, WWE decided later that adding the stipulation would just be overkill, since it would waste the stipulation on an event that is already expected to do strong buys, at least, according to WWE sources.

There is now talk of running a rematch between the three at Backlash, only with the added ladder stipulation. Nothing is confirmed yet, as both HHH vs. Benoit and HBK vs. Benoit have been discussed. Thus, while it seems Benoit is pretty much set for the main-event in his hometown of Edmonton, the actual match is not yet known.

Brian "Christopher" Lawler is staying at the New York Hilton, the same hotel where WWE wrestlers are staying. Word has it that he has not been signed for a return, and is likely just staying to find out if there's interest in bringing him back.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2004, 01:09:24 PM by THESTONEDMAIDS » Logged
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #825 on: March 13, 2004, 01:17:43 PM »

Brilliant update Stoned....I'm at the point now that i'm so happy and hyped for what we've got and anything else that happens is just a bonus!

Unfortunately the Brock Lesnar saga has overshadowed the week leading up to mania, much like the WCW buy out did in the run up to WMX-seven, lets just hope this event turns out as good as that one!

Come on guys 36 hours to go...lets get the hyperbole rolling!!

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #826 on: March 13, 2004, 01:24:59 PM »

Mania is coming in less then two todays , damn I can hardly wait. It''s going to be one hell of a night for wrestling.  

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #827 on: March 13, 2004, 02:36:48 PM »

I've been looking back at the history of this thread and was amazed to see that the last post before last years wrestlemania was on March 21st and there wasn't another post for months! I hope you guys arent gonna go AWOL after this years event, I think we're gonna have alot of discussing to do!

Evolution
« Reply #828 on: March 13, 2004, 02:46:43 PM »

I think we're gonna have alot of discussing to do!

you are right there! i have a feeling this wm will be the best
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #829 on: March 13, 2004, 03:05:15 PM »

I've been looking back at the history of this thread and was amazed to see that the last post before last years wrestlemania was on March 21st and there wasn't another post for months! I hope you guys arent gonna go AWOL after this years event, I think we're gonna have alot of discussing to do!

It should stay alive after Mania, we need more people to join the board who are GN'R/Wrestling fans.........i mean is this thread even in double figures for the amount of regular posters?
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #830 on: March 13, 2004, 03:24:39 PM »

I think we do alright between us, at least we can keep track of the convo, but yes its always good to get new posters.

Maybe i was wrong....anyhoo ladies and gentlemen it merely 23 hours until we get to see either the best or the most dissapointing card in wwe history, im off to bed, ill be on the boards throughout tomorrow rite up until the big event itself to share the thoughts, rumours and hype going into it! c u then!

« Last Edit: March 13, 2004, 07:58:31 PM by big ploppa dump » Logged

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #831 on: March 13, 2004, 08:08:48 PM »

i mean is this thread even in double figures for the amount of regular posters?

Me, u, Evolution, Dump, Arron von HTGTH 1, D, timothy......am i missing anyone?

Well i won't be disappearing after Mania - unless of course it really is that bad hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #832 on: March 13, 2004, 11:39:55 PM »

i didnt join the board till june of last year so dont worry i aint goin anywhere

i have to work at 10am in the mornin so hopefully ill be off work in time, i have a friend tapin it for me just in case

but i want to see this live so i pray it rains tonight so i dont have to work tomorrow, everyone do a indian rain dance for me

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #833 on: March 14, 2004, 04:47:34 AM »

Does anyone know is WMXX is going to be repeated on UK TV after Sunday? 12am-5am is too much for my liking - i would tape it but i dont have a tape that long! Grin The only other option is that i get up at 3am and change tapes.

Riot In Everyone!
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #834 on: March 14, 2004, 07:20:21 AM »

Does anyone know is WMXX is going to be repeated on UK TV after Sunday? 12am-5am is too much for my liking - i would tape it but i dont have a tape that long! Grin The only other option is that i get up at 3am and change tapes.

It is on on Thursday night at 9pm on Sky Sports 1, however it is only in a 3 hour timeslot so will be severely edited. If you have a 3 hour tape then  put it on long play setting and you will get it all, or as you say switch tapes half way through. But seriously dude I can't stress this enough - WATCH IT LIVE! - you won't regret it, I've watched every WrestleMania since WM XII(when I was 13) live and you just can't beat it. This event has the capability to blow the socks off of everything else. So go to bed now, set your alarm for 11:30pm, pour yourself a strong cup of coffee, sit back enjoy the show and worry about the consequences later!

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #835 on: March 14, 2004, 08:22:40 AM »

It is on on Thursday night at 9pm on Sky Sports 1, however it is only in a 3 hour timeslot so will be severely edited. If you have a 3 hour tape then  put it on long play setting and you will get it all, or as you say switch tapes half way through. But seriously dude I can't stress this enough - WATCH IT LIVE! - you won't regret it, I've watched every WrestleMania since WM XII(when I was 13) live and you just can't beat it. This event has the capability to blow the socks off of everything else. So go to bed now, set your alarm for 11:30pm, pour yourself a strong cup of coffee, sit back enjoy the show and worry about the consequences later!

Set the alarm for 11:00pm you don't wanna miss Velocity  Wink
Lineker10
VIP

« Reply #836 on: March 14, 2004, 09:04:01 AM »

What Velocity Huh

Riot In Everyone!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #837 on: March 14, 2004, 09:10:22 AM »

What Velocity Huh

It's a Smackdown Highlights show, also has a few small time matches i was only messing about watching that it's only worth it to get you in the mood, it's on Sky Sports 1 11-12, then Mania is 12-5................6 hours of wrestling ok........it don't get much better
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #838 on: March 14, 2004, 10:10:45 AM »

NEW YORK CITY - Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan stole the show Saturday night, but Jesse 'The Body' Ventura's reference to the 2008 Presidential election opened many eyes near the end of a long evening during the World Wrestling Entertainment Hall of Fame induction ceremony.

After being introduced by his son in the Grand Ballroom at the Hilton in Times Square, Ventura discussed his pro wrestling career, and how being involved in wrestling [quick on your feet, sharp, good mic skills] helped him make the transition to politics -- where he shocked the world by winning the Gubernatorial race in Minnesota.

Ventura noted he coined the phrase Mean Gene (Okerlund) and how he opened the door to wrestling agents (Barry Bloom) which saw the Big Show clap and smile sheepishly. An actor in a few Arnold Schwarzennegar movies (Predator, Running Man), he also helped bring pro wrestlers to a new, respected level in the mainstream eye.

''Never say never [also a WWE motto],'' said Ventura, sporting a black beard and black hair. ``Maybe in 2008, we put a wrestler in the White House.''

The crowd erupted.

Heenan, who had throat cancer, had wrestlers, staff and fans rolling with his humor and stories. The Hall of Fame inductee ripped the World Wildlife Fund, saying the then wrestling version WWF had a bird, two bulldogs, a snake, a dragon, a macho man and Afa and Sica, and, of course, a gorilla. Talk about wild and wildlife.

Most of the WWE stars including The Rock, Kurt Angle, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Trish and Bob Holly were in attendance. Baseball's hit king Pete Rose, the WWE's first celebrity guest inductee, mentioned how WWE and Nascar know how to treat fans. With two giant video screens behind the podium, WWE cameras then focused on (Sparkplug) Holly.

Fans laughed.

Rose then said: ``What? Is [Major League Baseball Commissioner] Bud Selig here? Did Vince McMahon get Bud Selig?''

Linda, Shane and Stephanie McMahon sat front row. Jimmy Superfly Snuka and Golden Boy Arnold Skoaland were seated in the VIP area with the current WWE talent. Did not see Brock Lesnar.

The event -- which drew a soldout crowd of 1,500 -- started at 7 p.m. with food. drinks and autographs from current WWE stars. Emceed by Mean Gene Okerlund, the induction ceremony ended at 1:10 a.m. after Vince McMahon's praises of each honorary and their families.

Inductees thanked Vince McMahon Sr. and Jr. and the entire McMahon family.

Shawn Michaels introduced Hall of Fame inductee Tito Santana. Triple H introduced HOF inductee Superstar Billy Graham. Ric Flair introduced HOF inductee Harley Race. Mick Foley introduced HOF inductee Magnificent Don Muraco.

Pat Patterson introduced HOF inductee Sgt. Slaughter. Jimmy Hart introduced HOF inductee Greg 'The Hammer' Valentine. Big Show acknowledged HOF inductee the late Big John Studd and introduced his son. Ernie 'The Cat' Ladd ackowledged the HOF inductee the late Junkyard Dog and introduced his daughter. Kane introduced Rose. Blackjack Lanza introduced Heenan.

Everyone received a commemorative item and program entering the event and were handed WWE cookies and a commemorative special section following the festivities.

Fans also lined up outside the Grand Ballroom as some Hall of Famers were scheduled to sign autographs following the long spectacular.

Ventura for President  ok

I'll be making by Wrestlemania predictions later i'm off to get food in for the event  drool

Just to get everyone else drooling imagine if 2 certain rumours come true and Bret Hart shows up and so do Guns N' Roses  drool drool drool drool drool
Lineker10
VIP

« Reply #839 on: March 14, 2004, 11:27:25 AM »

Right - i dont fancy staying up all night by myself like a sad git - so - as you all no, im a casual wrestling fan, but im gonna give a few of my mates a ring who like me havent watched it much since about 1999 ok and see if we can sort something out. Failing that ill probably just tape it or catch the highlights!

Whats everyone else plan for XX?

Riot In Everyone!
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: