Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 11:27:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 851280 times)
Evolution
« Reply #740 on: February 23, 2004, 05:04:39 PM »

smackdown isnt dull imo because on that show you have paul heyman for a gm.one of the best on the mic these days.he gets involved a lot but his pieces are done without over saturisation.eddies the champ!he beats hunter for me any day and the wrestling i feel is superior to raw.despite this i do prefer raw.it is the flagship broadcast after all
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #741 on: February 23, 2004, 05:14:42 PM »

smackdown isnt dull imo because on that show you have paul heyman for a gm.one of the best on the mic these days.he gets involved a lot but his pieces are done without over saturisation.eddies the champ!he beats hunter for me any day and the wrestling i feel is superior to raw.despite this i do prefer raw.it is the flagship broadcast after all

Smackdown's biggest problem is very weak card, there isn't many wrestlers on there that get the blood pumpin'......

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #742 on: February 23, 2004, 07:19:48 PM »

paul heyman one of the best on the mic? are u kidding me?

this guy is so fucking annoying when he was on raw id watch it with the sound off, he almost single handedly destroyed raw with his shit announcing

he is irritating not in a good way but in a way where i change the fuckin channel everytime i see him

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #743 on: February 24, 2004, 11:50:00 AM »

this guy is so fucking annoying when he was on raw id watch it with the sound off, he almost single handedly destroyed raw with his shit announcing

he is irritating not in a good way but in a way where i change the fuckin channel everytime i see him

Have to disagree with you on this Paul Heyman is a great on air talent as well as being a grea writer Smackdown was so good when he was writing
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #744 on: February 24, 2004, 01:18:17 PM »

Have to disagree with you on this Paul Heyman is a great on air talent as well as being a grea writer Smackdown was so good when he was writing

He is unbelievably annoying

But he is also an awesome heal, one u really love to hate

Quick! To the bandwagon!
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #745 on: February 24, 2004, 04:33:54 PM »

Smackdown's biggest problem is very weak card, there isn't many wrestlers on there that get the blood pumpin'......

I miss Hogan.  He got the fucking crowd and everybody going.  Remember last year when he came back on Smackdown, the crowd cheered for like 5 minutes straight and wouldn't let him talk.  That was amazing to me.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #746 on: February 24, 2004, 05:46:38 PM »

Hogan had his moments for sure, but i think it was perhaps for the best he left again - his in ring skills no longer matched his mic work

Quick! To the bandwagon!
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #747 on: February 24, 2004, 06:30:04 PM »

Hogan had his moments for sure, but i think it was perhaps for the best he left again - his in ring skills no longer matched his mic work

Unfortunately that is true.  But I also think that its true for a lot of wrestlers these days.  The majority of WWE these days is a lot of talking.  I have always been a big fan of wrestling since I was a kid, when I was growing up the cool wreslters were the warlord, Ultimate Warrior, Jake the Snake, The Barbarian, Demolition, the natural disasters (tugboat aka typhoon and earthquake), and hogan.  Those are just some off of the top of my head.  The point I'm making is that, to me anyway, not many wrestlers today match up against these guys.  Maybe it's just because its what I grew up with, and anything is cool when you're a kid.  But wrestleing has changed a lot, and I rarely watch it that much anymore.  I'm trying to get back into it though. smoking

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #748 on: February 24, 2004, 06:40:25 PM »

I hate to break it to ya Izzy, but Hogan never was a Tiger Mask or a Keiji Mutoh as far as in ring skills were concerned.

In fact, all Hogan does is the same schtick every damn match.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #749 on: February 25, 2004, 02:49:04 AM »

I hate to break it to ya Izzy, but Hogan never was a Tiger Mask or a Keiji Mutoh as far as in ring skills were concerned.

In fact, all Hogan does is the same schtick every damn match.

Very true thinking about it Hogan's in ring skills never matched his mic work it was all about the atmosphere created e.g. Andre WM3, Warrior WM6
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #750 on: February 25, 2004, 05:29:26 AM »

Very true thinking about it Hogan's in ring skills never matched his mic work it was all about the atmosphere created e.g. Andre WM3, Warrior WM6

Dont forget The Rock from last year or the year before i think it was...truelly awesome.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #751 on: February 25, 2004, 12:33:08 PM »

i would love to see hogan back if they do it the right way, man do the fans love this guy, remember when he fought the rock at wrestlemania the fans cheered hogan so much over the rock, JR and King tried to cover it saying,"the cheers are 50-50, that was bull fuckin shit

and when they replayed the match on tv, the chants were edited out which i thought was very low class on the WWE's part

Hogan will always be an icon and will always be able to create an atmosphere like no other, my friend tries to argue and say flair is the greatest, thats hogwash, hogan was, is and always will be the number 1 legend and icon of professional wrestling

like my axl rose isnt a legend argument in the gnr thread

if u ask anyone to name a wrestler they will say hulk hogan

if someone has never watched wrestling before in their lives they will say hulk hogan, everyone has heard of hulk hogan

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #752 on: February 27, 2004, 05:04:41 PM »

Wow - this thread always used to be so busy....... Cry

So whats everyone's wrestlemania predictions - hows gonna win etc....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Evolution
« Reply #753 on: February 27, 2004, 07:15:24 PM »

just finished raw over here in the uk.10/10 i loved this weeks edition and cant wait for smackdown

in response to izzy

eddie to beat kurt
the undertaker to beat kane
chris benoit to pin hbk(knowing hhh)
all 4 divas to be stripped of their clothes like a contest thing
orton and batista to beat foley and rock
lesnar to beat goldberg
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #754 on: February 27, 2004, 08:24:44 PM »

There are certainly some good matches - Kane v Undertaker is the one i'm most intrested in.

Obviously Benoit will win the title (pinning HBK allowing Triple H to claim he was skrewed for the ensuring feud)

I'd be surprised if Evolution beat Foley and Rock, would make sense though as The Rock is never there....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #755 on: February 28, 2004, 02:29:46 AM »

everyone knows that im usually pretty accurate with my predictions, so here goes

kurt over eddie
brock over goldberg
benoit should win the belt or his career is in limbo much like booker t's after last years Wrestlemania but im goin with a swerve, HBK turns heel, hhh remains the champ, HBK teams back up with HHH, lets be honest the ratings could use it

ut over kane

christian over chris jericho, hows this for a swerve, trish stratus turns heel and costs jericho the match

if jericho wins there is no angle, if trish turns heel that would be a sweet angle for the next month and a half or so

trish turning heel would also be a big surprise

foley and the rock over batista and orton, foley and the rock will not lose, they will want to send the WM fans home happy
« Last Edit: February 28, 2004, 02:31:21 AM by D » Logged

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #756 on: February 29, 2004, 09:27:03 AM »

Those predictions make sense to me - HHH and HBK together again would be awesome, and would allow Randy Orton to leave Evolution or maybe Flair.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #757 on: February 29, 2004, 05:50:57 PM »

eddie to beat kurt
the undertaker to beat kane
chris benoit and hbk pin hhh
lesnar to beat goldberg with help by stone cold

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #758 on: March 01, 2004, 05:28:04 AM »

So naive....

HHH will not be pinned - thats a definite

He will lose the title by HBK being pinned - this will begin a feud with Benoit in which he can say he was screwed out of the title.

Triple H runs the show - he won't be embarassed at WM20

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #759 on: March 01, 2004, 07:59:19 AM »

So naive....

HHH will not be pinned - thats a definite

He will lose the title by HBK being pinned - this will begin a feud with Benoit in which he can say he was screwed out of the title.

Triple H runs the show - he won't be embarassed at WM20
your right but god i hate hhh and his never jobbing ass.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: