Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 03:20:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 851374 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #660 on: February 10, 2004, 03:13:12 AM »

www.backstagewrestling.com

We have heard a very strong rumor that the Triple Threat match featuring Triple H, Chris Benoit, and Shawn Michaels at WMXX will be a ladder match. Stay tuned.

Another rumor that is making its way around the internet Guns n Roses message boards is that the band will perform at WrestleMania XX. Obviously at this point this is just a rumor.
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #661 on: February 10, 2004, 09:57:39 AM »

Picked this up at 411wrestling.com

/Mike

The Hitman to return at WrestleMania XX?

Vince McMahon has been in contact with Bret Hart about appearing at WrestleMania XX. It is unknown what Hart's role would be at the show, but there seem to be three possibilities.

One would be induction into the returning WWE Hall of Fame.

Another would be to deliver a speech at Madison Square Garden. Hart actually has an understanding with McMahon that he would return for one time only to deliver a farewell speech at MSG.

The final option is to involve him in the Chris Benoit vs. Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels World Title match, possibly as a special ref. This would play up on his natural friendship with Benoit as he would likely help Benoit win the World Title. Hart, however, has been somewhat against coming back to work a storyline.

It remains to be seen if Hart actually does return for the show, but WWE is making an effort to get the Hitman to appear.

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #662 on: February 10, 2004, 12:13:48 PM »

Raw was absolutely awesome last night! the opening with goldberg, scsa,vince mcmahon,paul heyman to the main event of rvd vs booker t vs randy orton in a three way ic title match, unbelievable throughout, the contract signing was awesome, hbk kickin the shit out of benoit

next week raw main event

HBK vs chris benoit, holy fuck!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #663 on: February 10, 2004, 01:57:32 PM »

Something for all Ultimate Warrior and old school wrestling fans to look forward to Showdown: Legends of Wrestling, and if this game improves like it promises it should be great this is a preview from www.videogames.com :

Acclaim's Legends of Wrestling franchise has had a rather shaky start to life with two entries that haven't lived up to the potential of the series' premise. Although, to be fair, any game that tries to pull together some of the most memorable wrestling personalities of the past decade into one game has an awful lot to live up to. The first two entries in the series benefited from a virtual who's who of wrestlers that were drawn from some of the most memorable eras of the sport, but, unfortunately, these entries stumbled in their executions due to weak gameplay. For the third entry in the series, Acclaim's Austin studio has consolidated its staff with the Salt Lake studio, which worked on the previous games, and together they're doing quite a bit of work on every aspect of the game in hopes that the third time will be the charm for the promising franchise.

Showdown: Legends of Wrestling is the latest entry in Acclaim's promising wrestling franchise.
While Acclaim is keeping pretty quiet about the make up of the game's roster, so far they've announced the inclusion of such old-school wrestling favorites as Ultimate Warrior, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, and "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes. Additionally, Bret "The Hitman" Hart will be on hand to offer a wrestling tutorial.

Expect to find more than 70 wrestlers in the game, including returning favorites from the previous installments. This time out, the exaggerated art style used for the various wrestlers has been tweaked to maintain the larger-than-life look used in the earlier games, but it offers a less cartoony appearance. As for the venues in the game, you can expect to see all-new classic venues to fight in. The overall presentation will also have an extra layer of polish, thanks to cutscenes that have a distinct television broadcast look.

While the improved visuals are nice to see, the bulk of the work being done to the game is focused on its gameplay. The flawed core gameplay mechanics from the previous offerings are being replaced with a new system that the Austin team hopes will offer a better experience. A new three-button control system, dubbed "ready to brawl" control, is being implemented to keep the action moving along at a decent clip.

The game's controls have been overhauled to make the moves more accessible.
The game will feature several different modes to play in and will also feature a tweaked career mode. Some of the match types include the descriptively named table, first blood, ladder, cage, battle royal, six and eight man elimination bouts, handicap, and three- and four-way dances. The career mode has been tweaked to include a number of factors that will affect your progression. The chronological era (there will be tracks for decades up to the '90s), feuds with other wrestlers, and your performance in matches will all shape how you go through the mode.

The game's audio is being packed with some nice touches to lend a bit of authenticity to the experience. In addition to Brett Hart providing the tutorial audio, the theme music is being composed by "Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart. You'll also hear two-man commentary by Bobby "The Brain" Heenan and Tony Schiavone.

The game's graphics are shaping up rather nicely.
Showdown: Legends of Wrestling is shaping up to be an ambitious overhaul of the series that we're hoping will get the franchise on the right track. The new rosters, improved gameplay, and additional features all bode well for the series. Hopefully the team will be able to tie things together and can serve up a game that meets expectations. Showdown: Legends of Wrestling is currently slated to ship this April for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox.

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #664 on: February 10, 2004, 02:16:14 PM »

Yeah i've read the Raw reports and the WM hype machine has just stepped up a gear, it's incredible that on the week of a pay per view they are ALREADY announcing, setting-up and signing contracts for matches that will be on the ppv after! Which is great because they will have a long and meaningful build up so the matches will mean alot more.
If I wasn't already excited enough these two things have just started pushing me over the edge in terms 'i can't waitedness'

1.10 years after his historial and unforgetable match with razor ramon that changed the face of gimmick matches forever, HBK might be climbing the ladder again in MSG at WM, i'll take this with a pinch of salt right now because i think the match will be good anyway but with a ladder-oh my.

2.'in 34 days the dead will rise again' - omfg! need i say more, if he doesnt make an appearance before then i hope wwe are putting some supports on the roof of the garden, and thats without possible bret hart return!

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Lesa
Headliner

« Reply #665 on: February 10, 2004, 08:18:07 PM »

I cant stand  " EVOLUTION "  Angry Angry Angry
The only way they can win a match is to cheat .  
Randy Orton gets his ass beat all the time.  

But ur supposed to hate Evolution, their heels, the 'cheating' is merely to make u dislike them.

Well they are doing a good job  ok

Can't talk to a psycho like a normal human being
Lesa
Headliner

« Reply #666 on: February 10, 2004, 08:22:57 PM »

Did you all see what Evolution did to Mick last night ? Shocked  What a bunch of ass holes.
What do you think is going to happen when Mick gets his hands on Randy  when he is alone ?  yes
 I cant wait to see some thing like that .

And Goldberg speared Stone Cold late night. Undecided  Even though it was ment for Vince.

Last night was good  ok and then Kane got all pissed about Undertaker  music. I love it

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #667 on: February 10, 2004, 11:35:19 PM »

bought the monday night wars dvd today, it is awesome! the wcw vs wwe shit is awesome, it has all sorts of extras etc, definitely a must buy

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #668 on: February 11, 2004, 11:48:46 AM »

The following is from WWE.com:

WWE's Talent Relations Department has announced that Chris Kanyon has been released from his contract as of Monday, Feb. 9.

All i can say is this is a fuckin' disgrace i mean they employ crap like Rico, Rikishi & A-Train then release Kanyon.  I thought he was class personally.  The Alliance's MVP.  In Closing i would just like to say 'Who Betta Than Kanyon?'
« Last Edit: February 11, 2004, 11:49:49 AM by THESTONEDMAIDS » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #669 on: February 11, 2004, 12:25:44 PM »

watching that monday night wars dvd i bought yesterday it shocked me to hear how wcw fucked up but it also made me realize the WWE is now doing the exact same shit wcw did, they need to fix these problems before its to late

R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #670 on: February 11, 2004, 02:44:54 PM »

Is this DVD available in Europe D?

I wanna get it...i love stuff like that..the nostalgia...the nWo, DX etc etc.

Kill me.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #671 on: February 11, 2004, 07:56:29 PM »

it should be man, if not order it off amazon.com or wwe shopzone, its a must buy,i had forgotten alot of the stuff that happened, its truly awesome!

R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #672 on: February 11, 2004, 08:17:07 PM »

Or you could send it to me free of charge! Tongue

Although i cant afford it..ill have a scout around.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #673 on: February 12, 2004, 02:11:24 AM »

Ernerst 'The Cat' Miller has now supposdely been sacked and more are expected
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #674 on: February 12, 2004, 11:23:50 AM »

Ernerst 'The Cat' Miller has now supposdely been sacked and more are expected

Thats what we want to hear!

WWE could sack 100 wrestlers and they wouldn't have dented the crap they have on their books....

Go Maven! Go Mark Henry!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Lesa
Headliner

« Reply #675 on: February 12, 2004, 06:39:42 PM »

Quote from: Izzy  
Go Mark Henry![quote

no no no no

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #676 on: February 12, 2004, 11:14:04 PM »

benoit vs hbk who is gonna win?

i say hbk via hhh interference

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #677 on: February 13, 2004, 01:27:55 PM »

no finish via hhh interference

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Evolution
« Reply #678 on: February 13, 2004, 08:09:36 PM »

sounds a bout rite there ploppa.also kanyons realease is a disgrace he was one innovater that deserves more
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #679 on: February 14, 2004, 02:04:25 PM »

heres what i think, wwe was drawing like a 5.7 or something in the ratings, wcw were still drawing 2.6's or so, i think vince thought the 2.6 would come over on wwe's rating and would start drawing in the 8.0's which didnt happen,

wwe feels and looks just like wcw before it went under, no new talent being pushed properly, hell besides john cena and randy orton where is the new talent?  hell jindrak and cage were doing awesome in the tag division now they are hardly on raw, whats up with that shit? vince needs a complete overhaul before wrestling will be good again cause it is ok but it is pretty fuckin stale over all

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: