Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 05:30:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 851449 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #620 on: February 05, 2004, 10:24:10 AM »

thank u chris!

now if we can get someone to hurt some other shitty stars everything will be great

i saw it on tape it was pretty nasty im guessin it happened when chris jerked his arm for the crippler crossface
pretty sick

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #621 on: February 05, 2004, 10:25:41 AM »

Mark Henry suffered a shoulder injury Monday night during his RAW match with Chris Benoit. The World?s Strongest Man is due to have surgery Thursday in Birmingham, Ala., to be performed by Dr. James Andrews.

While the exact time of recovery cannot be determined until after the completion of the surgery, preliminary word is that rehabilitation will probably take a few months.

I would like to be the first to say well done Chris Benoit  ok

That news has made by day, i no longer have to live in fear of the next Raw match being Mark Henry.........

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #622 on: February 05, 2004, 01:28:49 PM »

RVD never held the ECW title! But agreed his matches with Jerry Lynn were probably the most consistently brilliant group of matches by two wrestlers ever.

In WWE's defense, they do allow there talent to get creative, perhaps not in the way some people appreciate, the most creative thing 2 wrestlers can do is get a reaction by NOT going crazy and bumping left right and centre for the sake of it. RVD was, is and will always be a gifted performer who perhaps needs to take what he has got, become more consistent and creative in the 'wwe way.' It's not ECW, they did it like that week in week out to get attention, thats what they did and it was entertaining but they ended up bankrupt and withour profit for at least the last 2 years  of its existense. WWE are already a very succesful profit making business and want to look after their assets if that means asking them to 'tell a story by wrestling' rather than throwing a sequence of bumps together for the sake of it than so be it. If occasionally the story requires a big bump then put it in. One last thing RVD has been reckless over the years and it has obviously done him no favours, HHH or no HHH.

oh and it's nice to see Benoit is making immediate improvements on RAW!

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Gunner101
Opening Act

gnrevolution.com

« Reply #623 on: February 05, 2004, 07:06:30 PM »

I consider Rob Van Dam nothing mroe than a spotfest with poor in ring pyshcology.(sp?) But he has improved.. RVD in ECW was something great to watch but when the WWE gets their hands on things they tend to go sour.

RVD had a shot just like booker t just like Kane to elevate himself to the top but was smacked down by triple h now booker t, kane and rvd will forever be midcard talents

And that is where they belong. Booker T has NO draw power to be a main eventer. Kane could be but needs the right fued.. When Taker finally shows up that might just help Kane get into the title scene. RVD is iffy.. Id rather seem him and Orton have a long fued for the IC title.

Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit are the best pure "wrestlers" on RAW now.. Once Benoit wins the title at Maina(he will) then he should fued with either Jericho or HBK.

gnrevolution.com
Evolution
« Reply #624 on: February 06, 2004, 08:06:14 PM »

poor theodore what with rodney mack and now mark henry out hes fucked.he only has jazz matches to meddle in now bell'e that!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #625 on: February 06, 2004, 08:17:15 PM »

booker t isnt a huge drawin power but he got buried and is now a midcarder, he couldve been higher up

so u are saying chris benoit  is a draw? he is a great wrestler but doesnt exactly draw the crowds

RVD draws so why did he get buried

Evolution
« Reply #626 on: February 06, 2004, 08:22:09 PM »

rvd spoke out numerous times against wwe last year and is somewhat of a "rebel" but equally triple h saw him as a threat to his position on raw and he was buried no questions asked
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #627 on: February 07, 2004, 03:55:41 AM »

On The Mark Henry situation...i think you will find that he actually injured his right arm/shoulder before Benoi put on the Cross Face...

In fact he injured it in the first altercation in the match when he did the block, you can see from there he does not use his right harm at all and uses no offensive grappling moves.

Maybe it might of helped him if he would of told Benoit but still, im glad he didnt!

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #628 on: February 07, 2004, 08:01:49 AM »

On The Mark Henry situation...i think you will find that he actually injured his right arm/shoulder before Benoi put on the Cross Face...

In fact he injured it in the first altercation in the match when he did the block, you can see from there he does not use his right harm at all and uses no offensive grappling moves.

No, that wasn't the injury...thats just Mark Henry's 'fighting style'...he stands there and does virtually nothing untill he is pinned...

He's gone, he really is gone! Yeyeyeyeyeyeyey

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #629 on: February 07, 2004, 10:59:12 AM »

i dont know electric ive got it on tape and when benoit took him down he started screaming like a motherfucker, u can tell triple h knows cause of the look on his face, i think benoit jerked it out of socket doing the crippler crossface cause henry was screaming as soon as benoit took him down

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #630 on: February 07, 2004, 11:38:53 AM »

During tonight's broadcast of Sports Byline, a popular sports talk show hosted by Ron Barr in America, Bret Hart made some very shocking comments that will be of interest to his fans everywhere.

While discussing the current scene in pro wrestling, Bret Hart said he was open to "one last run" in the wrestling business. Whether or not this means he would make that run in the WWE or NWA-TNA, it certainly is great to hear nonetheless.

The interview came across very much like he has already made a personal decision to make a comeback, and most people are speculating that his initial return could come in the form of an appearance at either WrestleMania XX or Backlash in April.

Bret did say however, that he is hoping to get back in the ring and be medically cleared to do so by July at the earliest, which is amazing news for Bret Hart fans everywhere.

Until we receive more word on a possible comeback bid by "The Hitman", we are going to look at this recent development strictly as an "unconfirmed rumor".
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #631 on: February 07, 2004, 01:33:11 PM »

Thats fantastic news,

But Bret Hart...in the ring again......you have to wonder if he would get medical clearance....

Perhaps he will return as a commissioner?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #632 on: February 07, 2004, 04:34:14 PM »

i dont know electric ive got it on tape and when benoit took him down he started screaming like a motherfucker, u can tell triple h knows cause of the look on his face, i think benoit jerked it out of socket doing the crippler crossface cause henry was screaming as soon as benoit took him down

D,

I know but watch the match again right from the beginning...he clearly does something to injure his arm in the first altercation in the match...then continue to watch and see how much  he uses his right arm!

Not a lot me thinks!

Benoit snapping it was the final straw in a piss poor match but hey what can you expect from Mark Henry...Benoit cant even carry him!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #633 on: February 07, 2004, 06:48:35 PM »

what does that say for hbk cause when he wrestled mark henry it was a good match, i think benoit is good but somewhat over rated, i dont think he is the greatest technical wrestler etc. he's great no dis respect but i still put HBK over him

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #634 on: February 07, 2004, 08:53:24 PM »

HBK can get a good match out of anyone...besides HHH when HHH is being a fuckhead...or maybe Nathan Jones.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #635 on: February 08, 2004, 04:12:31 AM »

Bad news for the Maven haters on the board:

Maven had knee surgery on January 27th and should be back in time for WrestleMania 20. He?s been working as of late with not only his knees bothering him, but with an elbow injury that required surgery as well, so this was the perfect time for him to get his knee fixed up. Before his injury, there were signs that he?d be taking a heel turn. It?s expected that when he does return to the WWE, he?ll be a heel and could well be the newest addition to the Evolution group.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #636 on: February 08, 2004, 10:48:14 AM »

Maven had knee surgery on January 27th and should be back in time for WrestleMania 20. He?s been working as of late with not only his knees bothering him, but with an elbow injury that required surgery as well, so this was the perfect time for him to get his knee fixed up. Before his injury, there were signs that he?d be taking a heel turn. It?s expected that when he does return to the WWE, he?ll be a heel and could well be the newest addition to the Evolution group.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Maven is the very spawn of Satan himself, and WWE has this policy of ramming him down your throat....''U will like Maven!!!''

Joining Evolution? Maybe he can replace Flair....i know u lot love him but i can't stop laughing at him, i have great-grandparents that look younger than he does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #637 on: February 08, 2004, 03:39:13 PM »

Here is the Final Information on What is going to be on the New Monday Night Wars DVD and the Stone Cold Truth DVD release:
The Monday Night War - WWE Raw is War vs. WCW Nitro-
Now it can be told.
In 1995, two wrestling companies squared off on Monday night television to compete head to head in an unprecedented confrontation.
On one side, Vince McMahon, the promoter who created the WWE and made the industry what it is today.
On the other, WCW, owned by media giant Ted Turner, and run by an ambitious man named Eric Bischoff.
This is the whole story, told by those who created it, lived it and survived it. The Monday Night War.

Chapters:

-Early days of WCW & WWE
-Raw arrives, Talent leaves
-Birth of Nitro
-The war begins
-WCW takes the lead
-The nWo
-WCW and Austin
-WWE Evolves
-Mr. McMahon and Austin
-WWE wins a round
-WWE takes the lead
-Ric Flair
-WCW struggles
-Talent goes to WWE
-More chnages at WCW
-The last chapter

Extras:

-Stone Cold Steve Austin & Shawn Michaels vs. Owen Hart & The British Bulldog (Austin and Michaels win titles, from Raw, 5/26/97)
-Stone Cold Steve Austin stuns Mr. McMahon (09/22/97, from RAW)
-Jim Cornette commentary (10/27/97, from RAW)
-Vince McMahon interview: "Bret screwed Bret" (11/17/97, from RAW)
-Shawn Michaels & Triple H vs. The Legion of Doom (from RAW, 12/15/97)
-D-X invades WCW (04/27/98, from RAW)
-The last Nitro
-nWo in the production truck (07/22/96)
-Eric Bischoff challenges Vince McMahon (05/11/98)
-Chris Benoit vs. Booker T (06/01/98)
-Bill Goldberg vs. Hulk Hogan (Goldberg wins WCW World title, from Nitro, 7/6/98)
-Ric Flair returns to WCW (094/14/98)
-Rick Rude appears on Nitro and RAW on the same night (11/17/97)

-Apparently no Easter Eggs.

The Stone Cold Truth-
Stone Cold Steve Austin will tell his won story, in his own words, in his own unique style. Travel all the way to England to hear the Texas Rattlesnake's two daughters Stephanie and Cassidy, on Stone Cold the dad. Journey with the Rattlesnake back to his home of Edna, Texas for the first time, this notoriously private man opens his world to you. Plus his Mom, Dad, brothers and sister discuss just how a young, polite and shy Steve Williams turned into Stone Cold Steve Austin.
Get candid cmments on just how the Texas Rattlesnake felt about Owen Hart before and after taking the piledriver that nearly left the Rattlesnake paralyzed, and ended it all, before the Stone Cold phenomenom ever took off.

Chapters:

-Wrestlemania XIX
-Bring it On
-Down home with the Rattlesnake
-Paying Dues
-WCW & The Hollywood Blondes
-Austin's Truck and Sam the dog
-ECW to Stone Cold Steve Austin
-Now is the Time
-Singing with Stone Cold
-Getting Personal - Family Life
-Summerslam 1997 & Owen Hart
-The Look
-For the Love of the Business
-Survivor Series 2003

Extras:

WCW-
-TV Title Match: Stunning Steve Austin vs. Beautiful Bobby Eaton (06/03/91, WCW Worldwide, Austin wins the title)
-A Flair for the Gold with the Hollywood Blondes (05/15/93, WCW Saturday Night)
-Hollywood Blondes vs. Arn Anderson & Ric Flair (06/17/93, Clash of the Champions XXIII)
ECW-
-Mick Foley talks about Austin ECW

Promos:
-as "Hulk Hogan" (ECW Debut, 09/16/95)
-on Mikey Whipwreck & Sandman (09/23/95, Middletown, N.Y.)
-on being held down by WCW (10/10/95)
-on Eric Bischoff and being fired on "Beulah's Box" (10/31/95)
-at the end of his time at ECW (12/19/95)
-ECW Championship Match: Steve Austin vs. Mikey Whipwreck (11/18/95, November to Remember)
WWE-
-Ringmaster vs. Scott Taylor (01/20/96, WWE debut, Superstars)
-Intercontinental Title Match: Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Owen Hart (08/03/97, Summerslam, Austin wins title)
-Stone Cold Beer Bash (05/05/03, RAW, with Bill Goldberg & Eric Bischoff, includes 10 minutes from after RAW went off the air)
-Stone Cold & Lilian Garcia sing "America the Beautiful' (05/26/03, RAW)
-Stone Cold toasts a beer on Vince McMahon's birthday (08/24/03, Summerslam)
-Stone Cold drinks beer, rides chair down ramp (11/03/03, after RAW went off the air). Austin takes a chair from the announcers and rolls down the extrance ramp.

Family Stories:
Stone Cold: Tells a story about the Edna Jail
Brother Kevin: Snapping Turtle, Selling water in a plastic bag
Sister Jenny & Brother Kevin: Steve being shy when he was young
Brothers Scott & Kevin: About being timid on a horse
Father Ken: Steve's encounter with a rattlesnake
Daughter Stephanie: Message for her dad

Moments (comments by the Austin Family):
-Wins first Championship (03/29/98, Wrestlemania XIV)
-Drives a Zamboni into the arena (09/28/98, RAW)
-Surprises Mr. McMahon in the hospital (10/5/98, RAW)
-Pours concrete in Mr. McMahon's Corvette (10/12/98, RAW)
-Stone Cold Beer Truck (03/22/98, RAW)

Easter Eggs (hidden features):
-On the "Extras" menu, go to WCW and highlight "Flair for the Gold". Press the right arrow. Portion of "Flair for the Old" segment from WCW will then play. This is a segment where Brian Pillman is dressed up as Ric Flair and Steve Austin is intereviewing him when Arn Anderson steps in and punches Austin. (06/07/93, WCW Main Event)
-On the "Extras" menu, go to WCW and highlight "Stunning Steve Austin vs. Beautiful Bobby Eaton". Press the left arrow. A piece plays where Austin, dressed as a photographer, attacks Arn Anderson during an Arn Anderson vs. Brian Pillman match. (06/14/93, WCW Main Event)
-Go to the "Extras" menu, go to WWE, and highlight "Stone Cold drinks beer, rides chair down ramp". Press the right arrow. The segment "Whataburger" will then play. Michael Cole interviews Stone Cold Steve Austin in classic "What" over five minute interview. (01/14/02)
-Go to the "Chapters" menu, highlight "Austin's Truck & Sam the Dog" and press the right arrow. Steve Austin's brother tells a story about Austin's car will then play.

Can't wait to get 'em. Especially with all those classic WWE/ECW/WCW promos and matches on there.  The Owen Match and ECW promos are worth the 20 dollar price tag .

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Lesa
Headliner

« Reply #638 on: February 08, 2004, 04:24:39 PM »

Mark Henry suffered a shoulder injury Monday night during his RAW match with Chris Benoit. The World?s Strongest Man is due to have surgery Thursday in Birmingham, Ala., to be performed by Dr. James Andrews.

While the exact time of recovery cannot be determined until after the completion of the surgery, preliminary word is that rehabilitation will probably take a few months.

I would like to be the first to say well done Chris Benoit  ok

You said it !  ok
I cant stand Mark Henry , I think he is a ASSHOLE . Along with his manager .  yes
Way to go Chris Benoit ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Can't talk to a psycho like a normal human being
Lesa
Headliner

« Reply #639 on: February 08, 2004, 04:29:37 PM »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Maven is the very spawn of Satan himself, and WWE has this policy of ramming him down your throat....''U will like Maven!!!''

Joining Evolution? Maybe he can replace Flair....i know u lot love him but i can't stop laughing at him, i have great-grandparents that look younger than he does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant stand  " EVOLUTION "  Angry Angry Angry
The only way they can win a match is to cheat .  
Randy Orton gets his ass beat all the time.  
I loved when Mick Fowley bitch smacked him the other week on Raw  ok

Can't talk to a psycho like a normal human being
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: