Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 05:30:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 851453 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #600 on: February 03, 2004, 03:30:23 PM »

only thing fake about wrestling is the outcome and the punches the moves actuallyhurt though

i love wrestling and i enjoy watching it, i get really wrapped up in it

i love the triple threat idea, just to see benoit vs micheals!

Raw was excellent it seems they were really putting alot of effort in it

kane vs goldberg/ orton vs micheals, great card

where was rvd last night i wonder?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Lesa
Headliner

« Reply #601 on: February 03, 2004, 03:43:56 PM »

And I think  THEODORE LONG is a real ASS  rant

Put all your haterizing on da black man, believe dat!......Theodore would not be too happy to find out what ya think of him

Theodore can go fuck off  rant

oops am i aloud to say that word on here ?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2004, 03:44:59 PM by Lesa » Logged

Can't talk to a psycho like a normal human being
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #602 on: February 03, 2004, 03:52:59 PM »

nope lesa cussing is not fucking allowed on this board damn it!

just playin, yes we can curse all we want its great!

welcome to the board lesa!!!!

theodore long licks balls playa believe dat

R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #603 on: February 03, 2004, 05:50:35 PM »

If you mixed Benoits ability and hard work with HHH's mike work you would have one hell of a good talent.

Lesa
Headliner

« Reply #604 on: February 03, 2004, 06:45:32 PM »

nope lesa cussing is not fucking allowed on this board damn it!

just playin, yes we can curse all we want its great!

welcome to the board lesa!!!!

theodore long licks balls playa believe dat

Thanks for the welcome  Cheesy

I also dont like ---

A-TRAIN  
RODNEY MACK
RENE DUPREE
ROB CONWAY
MARK HENRY

John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #605 on: February 04, 2004, 08:30:19 AM »

only thing fake about wrestling is the outcome and the punches the moves actuallyhurt though

oh comon, you're kidding right..? they need to be in a good shape 'cause of throws.. but they don't suffer any pain.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2004, 08:35:08 AM by John Daniels » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #606 on: February 04, 2004, 08:58:25 AM »

oh comon, you're kidding right..? they need to be in a good shape 'cause of throws.. but they don't suffer any pain.

the bumps to the mat hurt like hell, i went to wrestling school and that shit hurts, chairshots are real, that wrestling mat fuckinhurts to be slammed on

why do u think stone cold doesnt wrestle anymore? his neck is fucked up from all those years of wrestling
« Last Edit: February 04, 2004, 09:00:01 AM by D » Logged

John Daniels
VIP

« Reply #607 on: February 04, 2004, 09:52:44 AM »

alright, hurts and hurts.....but truth to tell,the real players, real boxers, kickboxers, K1 etc. laughs to this sport. how old is Hogan?...and yet he could still do that. did he quit couple years ago...the guy is over 50 years old. comon, man!

"chairshots are real" real and real......if I could slam one of those wrestlers with one of those iron chairs to the back, they wouldn't get up anymore..that's for sure! this thing is their job, they practise these "moves" every day. they practise all their games and moves beforehand and do the same thing on TV..they now exactly what they are doing.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #608 on: February 04, 2004, 12:48:41 PM »

i love wrestling and i enjoy watching it, i get really wrapped up in it

i love the triple threat idea, just to see benoit vs micheals!

Raw was excellent it seems they were really putting alot of effort in it

kane vs goldberg/ orton vs micheals, great card

where was rvd last night i wonder?

RVD defeated John Heindrich on Heat
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #609 on: February 04, 2004, 04:17:01 PM »

RVD defeated John Heindrich on Heat

Not a bad victory!

Seems someone is in bad books....isnt he dwelling on a contract offer or sumfin?

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #610 on: February 04, 2004, 07:55:53 PM »

First off, fair play for John for asking us respectfully for our reasons for liking wrestling, many 'non-believers' just come straight out with the old 'you guys are a bunch of sad tossers watching a group of men in pink lycra pretend to hit each other!'

In response to him and to follow up on the other responses, professional wrestling is a much maligned and wholly misunderstood business by those who have not given it the time of day or have preconceptions about its content. WWE and it's counterparts (at least for the past several years) have not made any attempt to hide the fact that what they do is a pre-ordained 'soap opera', everything that happens in the ring and every word that is uttered on screen is written by a set of writers, they devise the storylines, they write the scripts, they set up the matches they decide how much time each match will be alloted and they decide the results. The wrestlers themselves then have the amount of time given to 'tell a story' and get to the decided finish. Each match will have predetermined 'spots' where a set series of events will happen. The rest of the match is either totally planned out in advance, called in the ring or done 'freestyle'. I believe the fact that it IS pre determined makes what they do even more impressive. They DO get serious injuries and are usually always carrying minor ones. At least 5 major stars have had major neck surgery in the past 5 years and have made succesful comebacks but will have problems for the rest of there lives. The reason they can't shake off these minor injuries is because they are doing this up to 300 nights a year all over the country (and world) and most of them are in impressive physical condition. I doubt that any other sport requires that much commitment and particularly the ones you mentioned. And of course it hurts, they have short cuts of course, they are trained to both attack and defend as realistically as possible without seriously injuring each other, but no matter how 'cleverly you can fall' or how precisely a chairshot is delivered to the correct area of the back to avoid pain these things are unavoidable. From the most basic knife edge chops to falling 20 feet through a table these things hurt! Concussions, bruises, cuts, sprains, torn cartilages and ligaments, broken necks and ribs, quad tears and countless other injuries happen all the time. I never try to convince someone to like wrestling because it IS a strange concept, some people don't like it or 'get it' but I do wish people would respect what they do. It is difficult, it is clever and it CAN be very entertaining and is very very succesful.

Rob van dam and the wwe are currently in contract talks and despite all that he has said about the business in the past 12 months he is still very much expected to sign. I don't think they have any plans for him at wrestlemania, which is where all raw storylines are headed at the mo so thats why he aint there.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2004, 07:59:09 PM by big ploppa dump » Logged

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #611 on: February 04, 2004, 08:05:49 PM »

Great post Reebok Plumps...

RVD..is that or is he just Monotonous and all too predictable rather like mr 5 times and never again?

Lesa
Headliner

« Reply #612 on: February 04, 2004, 08:06:25 PM »

Does any one watch TNA wrestling ?

I watch that aswell as WWE  

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #613 on: February 04, 2004, 08:08:05 PM »

No we dont get it in the UK as yet..although i hope the much mentioned Wrestling channel will screen some eventually.

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #614 on: February 04, 2004, 08:10:04 PM »

rvd can be a very entertaining wrestler, he has grown slightly stale since he blew onto the scene and could do with a bit of a freshen, he just needs to become more consistent. Remember the rock and austin only had about 6 good moves between them at their peak and still managed a 30 minute master piece at WMXseven. It's not the tools, its how you use them!

The wrestling channel will indeed be airing TNA, they are once again testing on friendly tv and NWA will be on on 15th feb. The actual channel will launch on the 15th march (day after WM - coincidence?).

And one last piece of NWA news, Randy Savage will now be headlining their first 3 hour ppv 'bound for glory', after hogan pulled out.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2004, 08:14:31 PM by big ploppa dump » Logged

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #615 on: February 04, 2004, 08:19:45 PM »

Brilliant..better make sure i watch that then!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #616 on: February 04, 2004, 08:48:31 PM »

didnt the wwe make rvd and some other wrestlers tone it down cause they were burning the crowd out before the main event?

RVD is capable of so much more than he has done in the wwe if u have ever seen any of his ecw matches u already know what he is capable of

RVD had a shot just like booker t just like Kane to elevate himself to the top but was smacked down by triple h now booker t, kane and rvd will forever be midcard talents

Kane risked career suicide bylosing his mask he shouldve had a run with the title, now he is hardly  a monster anymore he had a good shot where he was very believable as an evil man, but after the shitty shane o mac runs and gettin his ass handed to him by goldberg he is back being a puss

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #617 on: February 04, 2004, 08:55:52 PM »

RVD is capable of so much more than he has done in the wwe if u have ever seen any of his ecw matches u already know what he is capable of

Oh yeah one with Jerry Lynn springs to mind and it kicked fukcing Ass...unfortunatey WWE doesnt allow their talent to get that creative in the ring for fear of injuries...jesus RVD held the ECW title for like 900 years and pulled off some awesome matches i dont think they have to worry about Mr Elastico and injuries too much.

Its just the fact that RVD hurts people and the only people who can stick it are ECW's, dudleys, Tajiri..they sacked Jerry Lynn who pound for pound is one of the best.

And since when did WWE care about their talent...they signed a 20 year old diabled man in Zach Gowan...had him humiliated and beat up at every oppurtunity for 6 months and have just sacked him.

I hope the kid goes back to TNA and kicks some serious ass and resurrects his career that was almost ruined my a bunch of monopolising heartless bastards!

Gotta love the company though! Undecided

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #618 on: February 05, 2004, 02:11:58 AM »

Mark Henry suffered a shoulder injury Monday night during his RAW match with Chris Benoit. The World?s Strongest Man is due to have surgery Thursday in Birmingham, Ala., to be performed by Dr. James Andrews.

While the exact time of recovery cannot be determined until after the completion of the surgery, preliminary word is that rehabilitation will probably take a few months.

I would like to be the first to say well done Chris Benoit  ok
John Daniels
VIP

« Reply #619 on: February 05, 2004, 09:46:23 AM »

In response to him and to follow up on the other responses, professional wrestling is a much maligned and wholly misunderstood business by those who have not given it the time of day or have preconceptions about its content. WWE and it's counterparts (at least for the past several years) have not made any attempt to hide the fact that what they do is a pre-ordained 'soap opera', everything that happens in the ring and every word that is uttered on screen is written by a set of writers, they devise the storylines, they write the scripts, they set up the matches they decide how much time each match will be alloted and they decide the results. The wrestlers themselves then have the amount of time given to 'tell a story' and get to the decided finish. Each match will have predetermined 'spots' where a set series of events will happen. The rest of the match is either totally planned out in advance, called in the ring or done 'freestyle'. I believe the fact that it IS pre determined makes what they do even more impressive. They DO get serious injuries and are usually always carrying minor ones. At least 5 major stars have had major neck surgery in the past 5 years and have made succesful comebacks but will have problems for the rest of there lives. The reason they can't shake off these minor injuries is because they are doing this up to 300 nights a year all over the country (and world) and most of them are in impressive physical condition. I doubt that any other sport requires that much commitment and particularly the ones you mentioned. And of course it hurts, they have short cuts of course, they are trained to both attack and defend as realistically as possible without seriously injuring each other, but no matter how 'cleverly you can fall' or how precisely a chairshot is delivered to the correct area of the back to avoid pain these things are unavoidable. From the most basic knife edge chops to falling 20 feet through a table these things hurt! Concussions, bruises, cuts, sprains, torn cartilages and ligaments, broken necks and ribs, quad tears and countless other injuries happen all the time. I never try to convince someone to like wrestling because it IS a strange concept, some people don't like it or 'get it' but I do wish people would respect what they do. It is difficult, it is clever and it CAN be very entertaining and is very very succesful.

great post and answers! these kind of posts I was looking for..opinions and facts stated, Izzys post was good too!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: