Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 07:19:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 851500 times)
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #580 on: January 30, 2004, 04:55:25 PM »

Wow, Nash even no-sells a stab wound.

rofl

That is possibly the best post I have ever seen on any board.  I wish I'd thought of it.
Oh, and Magnum did rule.  His I Quit match w/Tully Blanchard at, I believe, Starrcade '86, is unreal.  The two of them almost make Foley seem like he's on a Lex Luger level of wussdom.  Almost.  You can check that match out on the Bloodbath DVD...highly recommended.
/Mike
/Mike

I've seen it and that was where i first saw it. I am actually thinking of collecting more NWA Stuff (I already have a lot of WCW stuff) and Yes, Lex does suck.

I can't wait for the Monday Night wars DVD, despite it probably being a 86 minute Fluff piece of how WWE is good  apple pie eating All-American Company  and how WCW was EVIL. But anyway here is news about it and what will be on it:

In 1995, two wrestling companies squared off on Monday night television to compete head to head in an unprecedented confrontation.

On one side, Vince McMahon, the promotor who created WWE and made the industry what it is today.

On the other, WCW, owned by media giant Ted Turner, and run by an ambitious man named Eric Bischoff.

This is the whole story, told by those who created it, lived it, and survived it. The Monday Night War!

DVD Extras:

86 minutes of the matches and events that changed the face of sports-entertainment.

Two matches from RAW:
- Stone Cold Steve Austin & Shawn Michaels vs. British Bulldog & Owen Hart
- Shawn Michaels & Triple H vs. Legion of Doom
Two matches from NITRO:
- Chris Benoit vs. Booker T
- Goldberg vs. Hulk Hogan
Plus more!

Credit: Silvervision

(I find it hilarious they recycled McMahon's picture from the WM 19 cover)

---------------------------------------------------------------
The Extras sound awesome, but of course the program will feature David Arquette, the Yehti, Dungeon of Doom, Hogan's 1994-2000 run, Sting's heel turn, the LWO, The Fingerpoke of Doom, and tons more of that stuff.

But it'll be fun watching that stuff again.

As long as it's not too biased. But 90% of it will probably focus on the Kliq.

Edit:  Not to mention Steve "Mongo" McMicheals (Who makes Wahoo McDaniels look like Flair) wrestling and Flair in a mental hospital (Which I would like to see in his next DVD pack) in the crap column.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2004, 05:02:10 PM by The New Fiona Apple » Logged

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #581 on: January 30, 2004, 07:42:04 PM »

Damn. Just sat through another shite episode of Raw. Man they get worse!!!

What the hell was the whole 'spit in my face' bit? I was cringing all the way through that!!!

Not one good match...where there any storylines at all in there?

Well atleast we got to see good ole Goldberg and Mark Henry prove that wasting your potential can still make for a profitbaly career.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #582 on: January 31, 2004, 01:13:55 AM »

new fiona that would be awesome to have an autographed table spike from magnum ta, holy shit that i quit match was one of the greatest matches ive still ever seen, it was amazing when magnum got that table spike and was grinding it into tully's skull, the way he was screaming and shit, that was awesome!

Raw was shit but i loved the foley promo, it was so awesome

electric hogg, ill get details and post them on there, for information email the guy that runs the site, tell him who u are and how u heard about the site , his email addy is
scotta75@bellsouth.net

he should be able to explain how the whole thing works better than i can

the nash non selling a stab wound rofl rofl rofl awesome!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #583 on: January 31, 2004, 09:59:42 AM »

The Wrestling Channel, in the UK, have announced more programming is to be broadcast in "test-runs" on Friendly TV due to the huge popularity of previous tests.

The new tests are set to begin on Monday February 2nd and continue throughout the month until Sunday February 29th. The broadcasts will follow the same format as the last test in that once a programme from each promotion has been shown, this will repeat throughout the month. However, in a change from last time, all shows will be in the evening between 7pm and 9pm.

The following shows will be broadcast:

-- ROH Wrestling: Ring of Honor Parts 1 & 2 - "Main Event Spectacles"
-- NOAH Wrestling: Pro Wrestling NOAH Part 1 (#97) & Part 2 (#98) - Featuring Misuharu Misawa, Kenta Kobashi & Jushin Liger and Kenta Kobashi, Jun Adiyama & Scorpio, respectively.
-- FWA Wrestling: Frontier Wrestling Alliance Parts 1 & 2 - "Vendetta".
-- IwW Wrestling: Featuring Doug Williams, Robbie Brookside and "Just Joe".
-- MLW Wrestling: Parts 1 & 2 featuring Steve Corino, Sabu, Raven and more.
-- TNA Wrestling: TNA PPV Parts 1 & 2 featuring the 2003 Super X Tournament and a 10 TNA stars in a cage match.
-- CZW Wrestling: CombatZone Wrestling Parts 1 & 2 featuring the "Best of the Best 3" tournament.

The above shows offer another treat for UK wrestling fans and a chance to see some of the best promotions from around the world. More information about "The Wrestling Channel" can be found at www.thewrestlingchannel.tv, including details on the exact schedule for the new tests!
Evolution
« Reply #584 on: January 31, 2004, 07:04:38 PM »

ahh just joe.........fond memories
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #585 on: February 02, 2004, 01:21:56 PM »

The current plan right now is to do a three-way Triple Threat World Title match at WrestleMania XX featuring HHH, Shawn Michaels and Chris Benoit.

WWE has gone with the plan of putting all three men in the match as they don't feel that they can bank on a Triple H-Chris Benoit match as the main event of WMXX. The feeling is to put Benoit in there as a way of establishing him as a much 'bigger' star within the company.

This will play itself out over the next few weeks on RAW leading right into the big WMXX PPV.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #586 on: February 02, 2004, 01:27:53 PM »

Yeah I read that, it's a bloody good idea if they do it, for the reasons stated. I have been wondering what they were gonna do with hbk at Mania and that (pretty obvious idea) never even crossed my mind. Putting Michaels in there makes sure we don't get a repeat of the disatrous HHH v Y2J match at WMX8. Michaels and Benoit are two of the best workers out there so they should be able to pull a cracker out of Levesque on the day. This card just gets better.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Evolution
« Reply #587 on: February 02, 2004, 02:26:35 PM »

been a while since weve had a decent 3 way title match.as crap as goldberg kane and hhh was it wasnt clear who would win so a triple threat at wm is gr8
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #588 on: February 02, 2004, 02:29:52 PM »

Also true...it's very unpredictable, HHH will probably do the old 'lose the title but not get pinned' trick he so cleverly adapts. The last really good triple trreat was Angle/Rock/Taker a while back.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #589 on: February 02, 2004, 05:57:06 PM »

Leave Triple H alone! He's better than fuckin Chris Benoit! ok

What day is Wrestlemania?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Evolution
« Reply #590 on: February 02, 2004, 05:59:47 PM »

14 march.and in 2000 id agree that hhh is better but benoit's by far the superior wrestler these days
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #591 on: February 02, 2004, 06:28:31 PM »

I'll let that go this time because you don't watch SmackDown!, but now he's on Raw you'll be able to see just how bizarre that comment really is!

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #592 on: February 03, 2004, 03:00:17 AM »

rofl rofl rofl...............i hope you mean on the mic dude and not in the ring
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #593 on: February 03, 2004, 05:55:43 AM »

U bullys!

On personal preference i still prefer Triple H. He's a joke but i'd take him hobbling about in the ring for 5 hours rather then 10 minuites of any other wrestler......

My fav wrestlers were always The Rock, Triple H, Austin, Kane and Undertaker.....i watched wrestling for them.....now only Triple H is even left!

....if u think that fat bald lump in the ring is Kane...then.....er....oh dear

Quick! To the bandwagon!
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #594 on: February 03, 2004, 09:31:31 AM »

hey, all the people on this thread!!

tell me..is it really fun to watch and follow the smackdown or raw when you know that everything is beforehand planned, who wins who and so on, and the punches and throws aren't genuine??. it's all just big theatre...I jsut personally don't have intrest to watch big men playing around. (probs for smackdown for that the punches looks like real..)

so what are your answers people?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #595 on: February 03, 2004, 09:43:12 AM »

tell me..is it really fun to watch and follow the smackdown or raw when you know that everything is beforehand planned, who wins who and so on, and the punches and throws aren't genuine??. it's all just big theatre...I jsut personally don't have intrest to watch big men playing around. (probs for smackdown for that the punches looks like real..)

You know it doesn't even cross my mind, when i watch RAW i'm sitting around with some mates drinking a few beers, its all abit of fun, at the end of the day it doesn't matter what happens

You have to suspend your disbelief, its no different than when u watch a film.....you don't watch LOTR and say ''well there's no such place as Middle Earth!!'', and at the same time Michael Keaton is never Batman...but for the film u accept he is.

Next time u watch Raw or Smackdown just think of it as a film...with Steven Williams as 'Stone Cold Steve Austin'

The one thing that does bother me is when they announce there plans to take over the world etc....while a camera follows then.....thats slightly odd..''I'm going to knife Chris Jericho...oh wait i'm on camera and he was watching.....''

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Lesa
Headliner

« Reply #596 on: February 03, 2004, 12:34:15 PM »

Yes  hihi    I happen to like Raw very much and watch it every Mondaynight.
 Lastnights was great .  ok

Can't talk to a psycho like a normal human being
Lesa
Headliner

« Reply #597 on: February 03, 2004, 12:38:47 PM »

Oh I forgot to add in ...
 I like .........

Stone Cold
Goldberg
Lita
MICK FOLEY
TRISH STRATUS

And I think  THEODORE LONG is a real ASS  rant

Can't talk to a psycho like a normal human being
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #598 on: February 03, 2004, 02:40:45 PM »

And I think  THEODORE LONG is a real ASS  rant

Put all your haterizing on da black man, believe dat!......Theodore would not be too happy to find out what ya think of him
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #599 on: February 03, 2004, 03:17:38 PM »

Izzy..yeah, if I watch smackdown/raw, it's with friends and with the energy of couple of beers. and I don't know, when I watch it, I try to think it as a somekind of movie/drama serie  Smiley but in the end, like after 20 minutes, I think, man this is so low class entertainment...but I guess it isn't just my cup of tea..it used to be, when I was like 7 years old and I thought the whole circus was real deal.

edit...but yeah, with good company and beers, it goes fine..
« Last Edit: February 03, 2004, 03:19:19 PM by John Daniels » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: