Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 09:24:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 851553 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #540 on: January 25, 2004, 11:10:32 PM »

Royal Rumble Review:

Dudleys vs Flair & Batista:

Awful match, thankfully short they all looked bad out there

Winners: Flair & Batista

Rey Mysterio vs Jamie Noble:

Another short match, nothing special, kinda boring really

Winner: Rey Mysterio

Eddie Guerrero vs Chavo Guerrero:

Good for how long it was but it was way too short these to generally get more time and perform better on Smackdown

Winner: Eddie Guerrero

Brock Lesnar vs Hardcore Holly:

Thankfully not too long and Lesnar got the clean win, Holly can say goodbye to main event status

Winner: Brock Lesnar

HHH vs HBK:

A Classic match after about 5 minutes HBK goes for an asai moonsault, he misses and goes straight through the announce table he is bust open and can barely move.  For the next 10 minutes HHH just beats away but HBK keeps getting back up HHH yells at him to stay down.  HBK fights back though and busts HHH open with a steel chair.  HHH gets back up though and recovers enough to hit the pedigree, HHH just makes it to his feet (he's fucked) as does HBK.  HBK nails Sweet Chin Music.  They are both down the ref gets to 8 it looks like HBK is getting up but he collapses back down, never man gets up.  HHH is stretched out.  They try to stretcher HBK out but he walk/crawls back.  Outstanding match certainly picked up the PPV and is already match of the year.

Winner: Nobody it was a draw although HHH retains his title

The Rumble Match itself:

Benoit and Orton were the first 2 down

Mark Henry was eliminated by Benoit

Kane demolished everyone before Undertaker's deadman music hit the destraction gave Booker T the opportunity to eliminate him........looks like the Deadman will be back soon

Test was taken out backstage, Austin yelled at the guy who took him out to go replace him.  Mick Foley's music hit.  He eliminated himself and Orton.

Chris Jericho eliminated Christian

Billy Gunn nailed Benoit, Jericho and Big Show with the Fameasser

Goldberg came down and destroyed everyone.  He was ready to Jackhammer Big Show when Brock Lesnar f-5ed him.  Goldberg said you're next you son of a bitch while he was saying this Angle eliminated him.

The final 6 were Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Big Show, Rob Van Dam, Chris Jericho, Big Show & John Cena.

They all teamed up on Show but failed.  He disposed of Cena, then RVD, then Jericho, then Angle...........................but Benoit succesfully eliminated Big Show and goes onto WrestleMania XX

Winner: Chris Benoit

Quite a good Rumble match, a classic Last Man Standing match and as for the rest of the card it sucked but who cares it only took up about an hour, this show was worth it for The Rumble and World Title Match ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #541 on: January 26, 2004, 12:53:49 AM »

the rumble itself was good, i was shocked when lesnar came out and f5'd goldberg, that was kick ass,and goldberg being eliminated so early was surprising

jericho was the last raw superstar standing, mick foley has had to lose at least 50 pounds since his last match at wrestlemania 17 or which ever one it was, he looked good against orton and that should be a nice feud for wrestlemania

hbk vs hhh was ok, not as good as the raw match they had a few weeks ago however, i liked the ending though, i dont know maybe i just wasnt into it tonight, but there just seemed to not be that much energy or buzz in the arena tonight

definitely worth watching however i give it a 7 out of 10 or so
raw pay per view is next, gonna be interesting how they do it

undertaker's music tease was cool

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #542 on: January 26, 2004, 03:06:13 AM »

It's Smackdown, it's Backlash after Wrestlemania that is RAW
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #543 on: January 26, 2004, 04:01:15 AM »

are u sure?
It's Smackdown, it's Backlash after Wrestlemania that is RAW

ithought i heard micheal cole say that smackdown wouldnt be with us till after wrestlemania etc etc
im gonna check on that, im almost positive they switched it to raw, but ill check, im probably wrong so dont hold me to it
« Last Edit: January 26, 2004, 04:02:23 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #544 on: January 26, 2004, 01:34:27 PM »

It's definately SmackDown only at No Way Out next month.

I agree undercard was poor, i wish they would have allowed the time they spent on eddie 'beating' chavo up on the actual match, it was building quite nicely.

Brock/Holly wasn't too bad, gives Brock some momentum...momentum which he tripled later on in the show!

HBK/HHH was a bit dissapointing, thye were trying to tell a story and not have the usual last man standing match with weapons and backstage antics but because Earl had to count everytime a man went down it was very slow and disjointed. I'm afraid that finish was pathetic and shows that neither man has the bottle to look 'worse' than the other.

The rumble match was brilliant, it amazes me how they manage to get everything so spot on, to make sure the balance of big names goes on through the match and the certain spots go off to keep everyone interested and making sure that everyone is in the right place at the right time as well, its very clever, fair play to everyone involved in what must be the most difficult match of the year to plan and get right. The finish was good and they did brilliantly in furthering/starting the feuds that will lead onto wrestlemania, i almost creamed myself when the lights went out, and brock and foleys bits were quality. Bring on Wrestlemania...48 days to go!

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #545 on: January 26, 2004, 02:37:46 PM »

Let me be the first to say this:

BENIOT WON THE RUMBLE

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

1992 is still the best, barely because it was for the title and Flair lasting an hour. This is an EXTREMELY close second.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Evolution
« Reply #546 on: January 26, 2004, 03:23:02 PM »

what an effort from benoit.he really deserved that win and his face at the end showed he really apreciates the oppurtunity.i just hope he wont become hhh fodder on raw no
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #547 on: January 26, 2004, 04:42:07 PM »

Sounds like it was a good show, shame i couldn't see it....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #548 on: January 26, 2004, 05:54:29 PM »

Undercard poor apart from Eddie and Chavo....could of been a longer feud but with Eddie maybe getting a title shot at the next PPV.....

Batista looked absolutely awful.

Foley's return was funny as fuck, with him knocking out Test and then Austins little skit....

The Two Dongs got me Marking up and then Spike appeared so once again he was annialated and once again there was only 29 men enter....i have foprwarded an official complaint.

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #549 on: January 26, 2004, 05:58:07 PM »

Yes well Maven is still officially in the 2002 Royal Rumble.

Apparently the official line is that the dong's weren't from the Undertaker but were actually Spike tormenting Kane.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #550 on: January 26, 2004, 06:06:39 PM »

Apparently the official line is that the dong's weren't from the Undertaker but were actually Spike tormenting Kane.

And this can be explained by the WWE logically because?.....

Jesus....you know whats gonna  happen now..Kanes gonna have a series of matches with SPike and thats gonna happen everytime resulting in Kane loosing.

Bollox...but clever and funny!

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #551 on: January 26, 2004, 06:21:10 PM »

How is Kane gonna lose to Spike in a series of matches?

How quality is this angle gonna be if it's mind game sfor a few weeks?
Remember the Undertaker/Diesel feud going into WrestleManai XII, that was some quality headfucking!

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #552 on: January 26, 2004, 06:32:27 PM »

Yeah trueness...mind games are awesome and we all know the deadman does mind games like no other!

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #553 on: January 27, 2004, 02:00:55 PM »

I would like to inform the board of the sad news that former on-air wwe/f president Jack Tunney has passed away, age 68.

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #554 on: January 27, 2004, 02:18:07 PM »

I used to love it when he got involved!

And heres the president of the WWF Jack Tunney - Gorilla Monsoon, on numerous occasions.

RIP

Jack

Dong,Dong.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #555 on: January 27, 2004, 03:26:43 PM »

He banned Jake's Snake Damien

He also brought Macho Man Randy Savage back from retirement

He was a dude he will be sadly miss i always associate him with the good old days of Hulk Hogan, Gorilla Monsoon, Jesse Ventura and when WWE was WWF they had that cool logo the one John Cena has on his hat now the silver/blue/gold one, it takes me all the way back to my childhood.  Anyone remember how he left or how they wrote him out of storylines?

R.I.P
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #556 on: January 27, 2004, 04:05:28 PM »

I believe he just 'retired' and then they bought in interim president gorilla monsoon, who immediately made the ladder re-match at summerslam '95, so every cloud...

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #557 on: January 27, 2004, 04:37:06 PM »

Eddie Guerrero will be challenging Brock Lesnar for the WWE Championship at the No Way Out Pay-per-view on February 15th. Local and national advertising for the show began this week, with that match being specifically advertised.

The "Clown Prince Of Boxing" Jorge Paez is being advertised to appear in Guerrero's corner for the match.

Of course, cards are always subject to change, but this match appears to be a lock.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #558 on: January 27, 2004, 05:04:18 PM »

Well he won't be winning but nice to see him getting his chance. What with this and Benoit getting his monster push and rumours that Dean Malenko will be making a one night only comeback for the cruiserweight battle royal at WrestleMania it looks like the radicalz time has finally come! Now where is Perry Saturn?

"Moppy"

Just to clear up on the battle royal, it should be 10 man and pinfalls, so they are not confined, just hope they give it a few minutes.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #559 on: January 27, 2004, 05:10:46 PM »

Guerro? In a title match? If i watched smackdown or cared about what happened on smackdown i would be really bemused by that, i think guerro is great...but for the title? Hardcore Holly last time..now Eddie Guerro, it will be Lita's turn for a title shot next.... hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: