Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 09:27:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 851565 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #520 on: January 24, 2004, 07:51:41 AM »

i have the greatest angle in the history of wrestling

remember a while back the whole "i still remember angle" they started to do with booker t

shawn micheals has just won the world title from HHH at royal rumble

monday night raw

HBK gets a fed ex pack, with an "i still remember note"

HBK is set to wrestle the main event in a non title match, a masked trench coat man jumps HBK and beats him unmercilessly

next week on raw, HBK gets another "i still remember" note and "im watching you"

anyhow shawn micheals demands a match with whomever that is at wrestlemania

via note the masked guy accepts the challenge

after weeks of traps ambushes etc the mania match happens

20 minutes into the match shawn micheals is laid out

suddenly the masked superstar takes off his mask revealing himself as none other than Bret The hitman hart slaps on the sharpshooter and wins the wwe title

next night on Raw he thanks the fans, announces his retirement setting u a WWE world title tourney

That would be a lot of fun...but is Bret in any condition to wrestle after the stroke? Well we can hope.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #521 on: January 24, 2004, 11:47:13 AM »

No he isn't Bret Hart will never wrestle again, people don't seem to realise exactly how serious a stroke is. He said that if he 'could' have one more match it would be against Kurt Angle. Apparently he work up one night after dreaming he had Angle in an armbar, and in all his years of wrestling he'd never dreamt of being in the ring with anyone. That match would have been off the charts. I'm still high on the hope that he will appear at WrestleMania to say his goodbyes to the fans though, just to here that guitar screech through the arena one last time would do it for me - the roof would come off.

That is a cool angle however, unfortunately WWE don't do things like that anymore, because they have to advertise the big returns to get ratings, the only return in recent years that I could think of that wasnt announced was that of taker in the rock/hhh iron man match. Taker maite be back again at the royal rumble...there is a mystery 30th entrant, who else could it be?

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Evolution
« Reply #522 on: January 24, 2004, 02:14:24 PM »

regarding the bret idea heres a suggestion.since he has a hood on say for the first 19 odd minutes a wrestler similar build to bret wrestles hbk and perhaps they battle up the ramp and go behind the curtain and swap the guy 4 bret.im sure bret could handle a few puches up the ramp as well as a chair shot?after the sharpshooter he reaveals himself as the hitman.casual fans think hes pulled off an incredible match,an indy wrestler has just had the biggest match of his life(granted hell get no credit from fans just the boys in the back) and itll make for one heck of a wm moment.the msg fans would go fuckin' mental! ok
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #523 on: January 25, 2004, 05:24:10 AM »

Here is the final and official card for this Sunday's WWE Royal Rumble PPV:

Raw Matches:

World Heavyweight Championship Last Man Standing Match: Triple H (Champion) vs. "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels

World Tag Team Championship Table Match: "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair & Batista (Champions) vs. The Dudley Boyz

Smackdown Matches:

World Wrestling Entertainment Championship: Brock Lesnar (Champion) vs. Hardcore Holly

World Wrestling Entertainment Cruiserweight Championship: Rey Mysterio (Champion) vs. Jamie Noble (with Nidia)

"Latino Heat" Eddie Guerrero vs. Chavo Guerrero

The Royal Rumble Match: 15 Superstars from Raw & 15 Superstars from Smackdown battle it out until one man remains. The winner of the match will get a shot at his brand's champion at Wrestlemania 20:

Raw Superstars:

Kane
Booker T
Goldberg (#30 slot for the Royal Rumble)
"Y2J" Chris Jericho
Rob Van Dam
"Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner
Christian
Mark Henry
Rico
"The Legend Killer" Randy Orton
The Hurricane
Matt Hardy version 1.0
Test
Rene Dupree
Spike Dudley

Smackdown Superstars:

"The Crippler" Chris Benoit (#1 slot for the Rumble)
John Cena
Kurt Angle
"Bad Ass" Billy Gunn
Rikishi
Charlie Haas
Shelton Benjamin
Nunzio
The Big Show
Matt Morgan
Tajiri
A-Train
Bradshaw
The Cat
Rhyno  

Evolution
« Reply #524 on: January 25, 2004, 10:31:34 AM »

somebody call ma momma! why the fuck is the cat in there?
vince is crazy if he thinks we like him
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #525 on: January 25, 2004, 01:43:39 PM »

Predictions:

Eddie vs Chavo = Chavo due to Angle who i think will turn heel

Rey Mysterio vs Jamie Noble = Rey

Brock vs Hardcore = Brock

Dudley Boyz vs Flair & Batista = Flair & Batista

HBK vs HHH = HHH

Royal Rumble:

Monsters: Kane & Big Show

Mini-Monsters: Mark Henry, A-Train, Rikishi, Matt Morgan

Cannon Fodder: Rico, The Hurricane, Matt Hardy Version 1.0, Test, Rene Dupree, Spike Dudley, Charlie Haas, Shelton Benjamin, Nunzio Tajiri, The Cat, Rhyno.

Guy Most Likely To Last Less Time Than Luke of The Bushwhackers Did (about half a second): Nunzio

Guys to have a good run: Rob Van Dam, Booker T, Randy Orton, Billy Gunn, Scott Steiner, Chris Jericho, Christian, Kurt Angle, John Cena, Kane

Winner: Chris Benoit

Runner-Up: Goldberg
Evolution
« Reply #526 on: January 25, 2004, 01:49:18 PM »

i feel WGTT could have a decent run
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #527 on: January 25, 2004, 02:36:39 PM »

-- Mexican Lucha sources are reportedly trying to throw a spanner in a WWE ?surprise?, by saying that former WCW star Psychosis will be debuting in the Royal Rumble tonight. Vince has a habbit of throwing in random guys here and there, either announced or otherwise, but normally somebody in the states finds out about and reports it.

However, all 30 participants have now been announced, so unless Vince is going to do some creative booking on HeAT or during the PPV itself, it looks like this rumor is just that.

-- And finally, the other rumor coming out of left field on PPV day is one that Dennis ?Mideon? Knight will be returning to the WWE tonight under the guise of the ?fake Mankind? to mock Mick Foley in the Foley/Orton feud. While Knight had been rumored to make a return to the fed in the past, it was alongside the Undertaker and not in the said Foley parody role. Whether it happens or not remains to be seen, but as those who saw him play the role in the distant past, Knight does a mean Mick impression.
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #528 on: January 25, 2004, 02:46:16 PM »

A couple bits of news and rumours heading into what is looking like what Tazz might call a 'rocketbuster' of a pay per view.

Until yesterday wwe.com had only 14 SmackDown superstars and a '?' entered into the Royal Rumble match and not Rhyno, this has now been changed but obviously started rumours of an undertaker or rock return. I'm still thinking taker may turn up to get rid of Kane but not as an entrant.

Anyhoo onto my predictions....

Brock over Holly

HBK over HHH

Flair and Batista over Dudleys

Eddie over Chavo (I agree Angle will turn on Eddie, but not yet, Eddie is set to take on Brock at the next PPV and a loss to Chavo will do him no good)

Rey over Noble

Benoit to win rumble match, although I hope and have a feeling that there will be a swerve here.

LOL! Stoned has already posted the news I was gonna give, so Ive edited it out!, Cheers mate!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2004, 02:48:05 PM by big ploppa dump » Logged

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #529 on: January 25, 2004, 02:53:37 PM »

You picked up the same rumours as me then dude i can see A Undertaker, Rock or Psychosis Rumble entry because Spike Dudley was injured on RAW by Kane and was unable to compete later.

Let's look at this realistically, why keep Spike out of the RAW battle royal they could of had him in and eliminated early it's not like he's some great star who refused to put Goldberg over.  He was not in because he could not compete then and i suspect he will be unable tonight so he will be replaced probably by Psychosis i could see a Taker or Rock entry much like Viscera a few years ago.  If you remember he returned took out a Headbanger and stole his spot in the Rumble and entered it before exiting to join the ministry so who knows but i cannot wait it is gonna fuckin' rock!

P.S. Good point about Eddie and Chavo i agree with you BPD
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #530 on: January 25, 2004, 02:59:15 PM »

Thats a fair point, theyve used Spike in an angle like that before, if that is what they are doing, it's brilliant (and by wwe's standards well thought out) booking.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #531 on: January 25, 2004, 04:19:46 PM »

Mick Foley is indeed scheduled for the Royal Rumble tonight.

Foley is backstage at the arena and is slated to return live tonight. He is also scheduled to be a part of RAW tomorrow night.
Evolution
« Reply #532 on: January 25, 2004, 06:12:10 PM »

i  hope the spike rumours true because he really is a waste of a rumble spot along with rico.taker 2 appear!
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #533 on: January 25, 2004, 06:25:37 PM »

I'd much rather have Spike in the match than Rico! The thing with Spike is that if you know he's in a match you know that there is a chance that the poor sod could end up taking a bloody big bump!

Evolution
« Reply #534 on: January 25, 2004, 06:27:36 PM »

he really is an insane lil fella aint he
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #535 on: January 25, 2004, 06:30:48 PM »

and seemingly indestructible, they are always having to fake his injuries because anybody else would have real ones going through what he went through, remember when bungling la resistance drop him through a table at that ludicrous angle!

Evolution
« Reply #536 on: January 25, 2004, 06:35:08 PM »

ooof that was a sick bump.does any1 remember wen the taker turned heel in late 01 he chokeslamed spike from inside the ring to the outside floor??ow....
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #537 on: January 25, 2004, 06:46:02 PM »

Yes and you can't have a royal rumble without a few juicy lumps of meat for the big guys to kill, it'll be interesting to see how many guys are in there before goldberg somes in and how many are left 10 seconds later. He may have his faults but no one can go on a one man demolition spree quite like our Bill, remember elimination chamber-intense!

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #538 on: January 25, 2004, 07:17:57 PM »

Smackdown Superstars:
The Cat

Surely not.....i can't remember seeing her for years.......

Anyway

Who ever watches RR post a review for the poor lot that won't be watching Cry

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #539 on: January 25, 2004, 07:26:23 PM »

Ernest 'The Cat' Miller.............not Lawler's ex-wife, ill post a review 2moro dude
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: