Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 11:23:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 851618 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #480 on: January 20, 2004, 05:01:41 PM »

i always was a massive fan of the hhh/steph era.i loved wen they called the shots

back then they pretended to callthe shots now they really do! Grin

WWE started goin sour a couple years ago, the details are sketchy shit i cant remember but hhh was teasing a face turn, it might have been the raw after a wrestlemania, anyway stone cold was a heel and he was fighting "the rock" maybe? dont remember it was right before scsa and triple h teamed up and won all the gold and destroyed the company with those horrible tag bouts against ut and kane

anyhow hhh came out and the place exploded ready for him to turn face, but he helped austin stayin a heel sinking the company

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #481 on: January 20, 2004, 05:09:02 PM »

i always was a massive fan of the hhh/steph era.i loved wen they called the shots

back then they pretended to callthe shots now they really do! Grin

WWE started goin sour a couple years ago, the details are sketchy shit i cant remember but hhh was teasing a face turn, it might have been the raw after a wrestlemania, anyway stone cold was a heel and he was fighting "the rock" maybe? dont remember it was right before scsa and triple h teamed up and won all the gold and destroyed the company with those horrible tag bouts against ut and kane

anyhow hhh came out and the place exploded ready for him to turn face, but he helped austin stayin a heel sinking the company

Yeah that was naff...but when Triple H came back at Madison Square Garden and then again on Smackdown after his injury...the place just exploded, it was insane. I knew someone that was at MSG and he said it was just crazy when his music hit everyone became an HHH fan....

It was the brand extension that really did the damage, that was terrible!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #482 on: January 20, 2004, 05:10:46 PM »

I don't think you can pinpoint a particular time when things 'went sour' nor can you blame one angle for the start of a downfall. WWE is a business, and is still a very succesful business for all it's troubles. But like any venture it has it's peaks and troughs, things were SO good back then that you immediately assume things are bad. They have just signed a new multiyear deal with UPN to keep airing SmackDown!, which is the number one show on that network. It may be years until it reaches those heights again, they may never do so, but there is always a solid backbone of people who watch it.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #483 on: January 20, 2004, 05:36:10 PM »

NOTE TO ALL WRESTLING FANS

WATCH SMACKDOWN THIS WEEK TO SEE BILLY GUNN TELL YOU HIS NUMBER 1 CAREER MOMENT, LAST WEEK FOR HIS NO.2 HE PICKED HIS 1999 KING OF THE RING VICTORY ok
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #484 on: January 20, 2004, 05:42:02 PM »

Can't Wait! Not. Just for the record what do you think it's gonna be? Intercontinental title win i suppose, I can't believe they had him beat benoit.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2004, 05:48:23 PM by big ploppa dump » Logged

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #485 on: January 20, 2004, 05:48:42 PM »

Putting Mick Foley in a dumpster.

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #486 on: January 20, 2004, 05:53:08 PM »

lol, remember that, that was quite a good match, and to his credit 'ol badass took quite a big bump in that one.

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #487 on: January 20, 2004, 06:24:21 PM »

Cant remember that bit..only remember the dumpster thing!

Remember Duke The Dumpster Drowsie?

OMFG, of all the gimmicks?

Mind u it came right out of the era of the Godwins and Nailz so u cant expect much more can u really!

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #488 on: January 20, 2004, 06:30:23 PM »

Oh come on hoggy, you must be able to remember him being pushed of the top of a ladder from the ring to the dumpster outside and catching his nads ont he dumpster!

Duke Drose should have won the gimmick battle royal!

Godwins-don't diss your own gimmick

Nailz was not from that era

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #489 on: January 20, 2004, 06:40:48 PM »

Shit, did he not have a match with Duke Drose?

This is after his boring feud with Mark?

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #490 on: January 20, 2004, 06:50:50 PM »

I have never seen a nailz match so therefore know that he never had one with drose, u may be thinkin of droses match with hhh a man who like the 'convict' nailz should be convicte for anumber of crimes.

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #491 on: January 20, 2004, 06:54:34 PM »

Man..Nailz is ancient...ive been watching Wrestling for too long!

And he wasnt called HHH then u dildo! It was Hunter Hearst Helmsley for us Peasants!

Remember Skinner?

He ruled!

Think that was about the same time Repo Man was at his Peak!

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #492 on: January 20, 2004, 06:55:55 PM »

as far as im aware nailz, skinner and repo man are one and the same person.
and i have never seen any of their matches.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2004, 06:57:11 PM by big ploppa dump » Logged

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #493 on: January 20, 2004, 07:00:44 PM »

Ach..research that...as Nailz was a goliath of a man and Skinner was sort of Mart Jannety type build, the same as Repo man!

Oh and vcheck out The Skinner Vs Brad Johnson match from WWF PrimeTime from about 90', pure class!

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #494 on: January 20, 2004, 07:03:38 PM »

sorry im just working on the premise that all people with that shped head were played by brooklyn brawler bloke.

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #495 on: January 20, 2004, 07:08:56 PM »

I dont think that you are far from the truth, i think Repo Man was played by The Brooklyn Brawler, Skinner and Nailz i beg to differ, any fucker who could clear this up for us historians it would be much appreciated....

I predict D will do it....ill give ya 2/1 on, that he will find the info!

Anyway, who is up for a dream card....

Put down some angles and how they pan out then we can pick out the best bits of "booking" and put em into a PPV type order.

I know D is very creative when it comes to this and Scotty Plumety Dumpty is a genius in his own right...he had a T-shirt made specially.

On a side note..has Booker T ever been a "Booker"?

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #496 on: January 20, 2004, 07:14:48 PM »

No as far as i'm aware, even in booker city wcw, booker t was never a booker. Although his contract probably allowed him some creative control.

We have to develop angles? not just matches? aww man
--------------------
on a side note, to continue ye olde wmxx rumours that are running rampant i'm now hearing y2j/edge v christian/matt hardy. Would be class (if we are betting i'll have 6/1 on someone suggesting a tlc match - ooops just did it who's paying out?) but i just don't think they are gonna have edge out there until after mania.

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #497 on: January 20, 2004, 07:22:13 PM »

OMFG!

That would kick ten ton of Ass!

Then have Edge turn on Y2J and become entangled in  a love triangle with Billy Gunn and Christian, interpromotional of course....

The latter is how likely i think this is to happen..as u said DUMP, Edge after Mania...they dont wanna rush him back.

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #498 on: January 20, 2004, 07:25:47 PM »

strange thing is the site i just got that rumour from has just removed it bizarre.

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #499 on: January 20, 2004, 07:32:39 PM »

Ach..Internet Rumours suck....ask disgruntled Guns N Roses fans!

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: