Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 01:27:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 851793 times)
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #460 on: January 19, 2004, 07:15:58 PM »

Well if rumours are true, if you stump up the cash...or have sky....you'll be seeing a bit of that anyhoo

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #461 on: January 19, 2004, 07:19:07 PM »

WHat....Hulk Hogans little project?

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #462 on: January 19, 2004, 07:25:44 PM »

sorry electric, i don't follow, i mean that they are planning on charging $50 and making it a FIVE hour event (yes that does mean uk fans that it will finish at 6am!) and one of those hours will be used for 'wrestlemania moments' from the past 20 years - interspersed throught the show. Now i'm all up for this but do you think the live crowd mite get a bit restless?

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #463 on: January 19, 2004, 07:37:54 PM »

Sorry Dumphead, what i was referring to was the talk(albeit constant in the past couple of years) of Hogan doing his own thang...

It doesnt seem likely as you quite rightly pointed out, hes washed up old and should quit and spend time with Horace but if he did get it going....who would be interested?

WWE has the good talent...any good talent that NWA-TNA get they steal and let them rot or trade them for Perry Saturn and The Godfather....

NWA-TNA is full of WWE failures (who, not suprisingly do better when given a chance).

Who does that then leave? Washed up oldies...Macho Man...Warrior...Luger(if hes not with NWA-TNA), and also Sting who i would love to see come to WWE even if its only for 6 - 12 months.

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #464 on: January 19, 2004, 07:51:09 PM »

WWE does not have all the good talent, NWA:TNA have established a good roster of tried and tested stars, newcomers and, wwe failures and of course your old rubbish boys, other promotions who have a number of good wrestlers are ring of honor and czw. Plus you have the japenese giants. Hogan has a good relationship with japan going back years and knows that if all alse fails he is always welcome there. He won't start his own promotion, if he did he'd do it with jimmy hart and bring in the likes of the nasty boys, nash and hall, and not manage to string together a sentance worth of decent storyline or a seconds worth of decent wrestling. If he were to go down that route his only hope would be to nab goldberg who will likely not be with wwe after wm. He has enough political power to go wherever he likes whenever he likes withour having to waste his money on a deadcert failure of a promotion. Before his injury he was about to sign with NWA but that will likely be put on hold as he will defo want to make at leats an appearance at wresltemania. In fits and starts Hulk Hogan is still an effective character and still brings the roof down, aslong as he puts people over, is popular and can shake his head around like a madman he will still be a major power.

One last point, i'm no big hogan fan, but as good as it was, the thing that wrestlemania XIX lacked was a good atmosphere (something XX will not suffer from) but the thing that sticks in my mind is the deafening "OOOH" from the crowd during hogans match with vince, anybody that can make 60,000 people make such a ridiculous noise just by pointing his finger at someone deserves respect.

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #465 on: January 19, 2004, 07:55:48 PM »

Yeah that was fucking class i have to admit.

The only person who gets close to that is Flair....with Wooooo, and hes a heel, just imagine if he was face and turned on HHH.....Lovely!

And the following of course:-

Austin
Rock
The New Age Outlaws

Aha the power of editability!

« Last Edit: January 19, 2004, 07:59:40 PM by Electric Hogg » Logged
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #466 on: January 19, 2004, 08:02:11 PM »

i was talking more about the whole situation it was in, as you say even billy gunn could get a response out of a group of adolescants if he sed the rite thing.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #467 on: January 19, 2004, 10:57:21 PM »

last year i watched wrestlemania on wwe.com

the live feed was great actually and costed only 20 bucks

we get the big 4 ppv's i dont mind paying at all, they make a dull sunday night very entertaining

cant wait for rumble

cmon

chavo vs eddie and hbk vs hhh is worth the 30 bucks alone

double h vs brock lesnar will be ok and then the rumble

i never buy a smackdown ppv but i occassionally get a raw one when its good
raw tonight is average, nothin spectacular

i found myself mostly watching the memphis grizzlies vs houston rockets on tv

it is getting ready to happen and i can already guarantee goldberg wins the rumble and the 30th spot

boring boring boring

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #468 on: January 20, 2004, 08:27:57 AM »

i was talking more about the whole situation it was in, as you say even billy gunn could get a response out of a group of adolescants if he sed the rite thing.

Billy Gunn Returns at them Rumble, i personally don't know why people don't like him that much ok he's had a dodgy story or 2 but i still think he's good even if his in ring skills aren't great, remember when Austin was feuding with Vince, Kane and Taker and had to face Taker and Kane and Billy Gunn was the only dude who voluntered to help him.

As for Goldberg winning the Rumble there is a good chance because from what i have been reading on the net they want to push him as much as possible before he leaves so when Brock beats him at Wrestlemania it makes Brock look all the better, i would love to see Goldberg get his ass F-5ed out of the company.

Talking of the actual Rumble match im hoping they left Tazz and Michael Cole commentate they may not be reat but im sick of Ross and Lawler they are so boring and predictable least with Cole and Tazz you're left guessing about how they are gonna make themselves look stupid, i found there incompetance hilarious i would only tolerate Lawler and Ross if they had Coach with them to i know he ain't too popular but i find him real amusing
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #469 on: January 20, 2004, 01:13:16 PM »

I applaud Billy Gunn  for his loyalty and his determination, he keeps coming back after all the injuries, all the bad angles, all the poor gimmicks, but he will always be known for the one good gimmick he had, he got a ride to superstardom on the back on d-X and the attitude era. However I think he is caught in the past and does not have what it take sto keep up with todays guys. He will probably get quite a good pop at the rumble though.

I agree that it is Tazz and Cole's turn to call the rumble, JR and King did it last year, unless they do some kind of joint offering. Cole:- "And Billy gun is the 15th entrant to this years rumble we are now going to hand you over to jr and the king to see this one through"

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #470 on: January 20, 2004, 02:36:54 PM »

Billy Gunn used to be cool..then there was that 'gay' angle......he ain't coming back from that one, a bit like Mark Henry's 'sexual chocolate' angle....pure evil.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #471 on: January 20, 2004, 02:39:47 PM »

LOL yeah, can't quite look at chucky palumbo the same way either, i bet nunzio and stamboli make sure their backs are always against the turnbuckles.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #472 on: January 20, 2004, 03:03:30 PM »

Remember the end to the angle though..........it was a publicity stunt.......the admitted at the 'Wedding' that they were not gay
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #473 on: January 20, 2004, 03:09:55 PM »

Hmmm if it wasn't for the name 'Katie Vick' that would be the worst angle ever.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #474 on: January 20, 2004, 03:28:58 PM »

Jeez that angle stunk, but i would have to say the worst angle award goes to Smackdown for the Torrie/Dawn/Al love triangle thank God they killed Al off, btw even though the gay angle with Billy & Chuck sucked i thought the wedding bit was cool with Eric Bischoff emerging from what i have to say was a great fuckin' disguise
« Last Edit: January 20, 2004, 03:30:39 PM by THESTONEDMAIDS » Logged
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #475 on: January 20, 2004, 03:35:33 PM »

Yes, that was very cool, although the only thing that really came of it was rico's switch to raw. Billy and Chuck(y) were actually quite funny for a while, but wwe just got carried away with it. The Al/Torrie/Dawn story was crap but I still say that the Katie Vick saga was worse because there were no attractive women in it, and if they were she was dead.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2004, 03:39:45 PM by big ploppa dump » Logged

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #476 on: January 20, 2004, 04:02:04 PM »

I think WWE should dump love angles they all suck and the majority go down as the worst angles:

Billy & Chuck

Kane & Katie 'R.I.P' Vick

Mark 'Sexual Chocolate' Henry & Mae Young

Torrie Wilson/Dawn Marie/Al Wilson

Nicole Bass/Val Venis/Debra/Jeff Jarrett

The few successful ones (e.g. nothing too bad) failed to do anything for those involved in my opinion:

Lita & Matt Hardy

Debra & Jeff Jarrett

Val Venis & Ryan Shamrock

Val Venis/Terri Runnels/Dustin Runnels/'His split personality' Goldust

The Greatest one of all time was the fairytale which had it's ups and downs:

Macho Man 'Randy Savage' & Miss Elizabeth (R.I.P)

Ups:

Their Summerslam Marriage

Their Reunion at Wrestlemania VII after Savage lost a retirement match to The Ultimate Warrior

Savage winning the title at Wrestlemania IV & VIII

Downs:

Wrestlemania 5 - The Mega Powers Explode - Savage vs Hogan, Miss Elzabeth sides with Hogan, Savage is a heel

Being attacked by Jake The Snake Roberts snake Damien as Miss Elizabeth looked on in despair

Ric Flair & Mr. Perfect claiming to have 'dodgy' pics of Miss Elizabeth, and threatening to show them at Wrestlemania VIII
« Last Edit: January 20, 2004, 04:06:42 PM by THESTONEDMAIDS » Logged
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #477 on: January 20, 2004, 04:07:17 PM »

The HHH/Steph/Angle love triangle was one of the best angles of it's time. The current Y2J/Trish angle is very interesting and isn't being rushed. I think these agles are always going to happen and can be succesful if they aren't rushed and make sense as these ones mentioned do. It brings a bit of soap opera realism which the masses like to see, but gay weddings and dead girlfriends is just stupid.

Evolution
« Reply #478 on: January 20, 2004, 04:47:40 PM »

i always was a massive fan of the hhh/steph era.i loved wen they called the shots
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #479 on: January 20, 2004, 05:00:48 PM »

Jeez that angle stunk, but i would have to say the worst angle award goes to Smackdown for the Torrie/Dawn/Al love triangle thank God they killed Al off, btw even though the gay angle with Billy & Chuck sucked i thought the wedding bit was cool with Eric Bischoff emerging from what i have to say was a great fuckin' disguise

Two great storylines Roll Eyes

That Torrie/Dawn/Al angle was so bad....oh no Al died from the shock!

I think they took the 'killing off a character' gimmick a bit too far..... rofl

Katie Vick.....geez that was just embarassing....

What always amuses me with these angles is that there is a camera man just standing there... ''I will know kill Vince McMahon''..oh wait there was a camera just there hihi Makes the whole thing daft.....Jericho reveals his evil plans..while being filmed.....wtf?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: