Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 03:23:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 851889 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #400 on: January 14, 2004, 05:24:22 PM »

awesome mcgann! thanks! im gonna go buy that

yeah i cant wait for a hhh either that will rule!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #401 on: January 14, 2004, 05:26:48 PM »

Evening lords and ladies(if any present), i'll be your guide for the remainder of this journey, in all seriousness im new here and am looking very much forward to sharing my views with you all, I am an aquaintance of the incomparable electric hogg so if anybody doest like me he is to blame!

I think the thing is is that michael's and flair are legitimate hall of famers and not full time wrestlers any more whereas hhh is still a full time active wrestler and although an undoubted future hall of famer for his work up to 2000 he will still have you believe that there are plenty more classic matches left in him, this is also his reason for not doing an autobiography yet and instead opting for his ridiculous fitness book. I do however agree that he has been involved in enough 5 star matches to make a dvd worthwhile, his matches with foley and the rock make for essential viewing and provide evidence of how far he has fallen since those times. Only 4 times has he been involved in a match of that caliber since his return from the quad injury , twice against hbk in their match of 2002 at summerslam and again in their recent battle on raw(hopefully we'll be adding another at the rumble) and in both elimination chambers where he had little(2002) or nothing (2003) to do with the quality of the match.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #402 on: January 15, 2004, 12:30:24 AM »

shawn micheals is the greatest wrestler of all time

he has carried triple h to those great matches

triple h needs to lose weight, he is to big and muscular, the scott steiner muscle bound syndrome

if he lost 20 pounds he'd be less injury prone and back to his old skill

R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #403 on: January 15, 2004, 05:13:52 AM »

All i can say in his favour is this....

Everyone wrote the Undertaker off two or three years ago but he kept coming back and kept coming up with the goods when no one expected.

I dont however expect HHH to do this as he will still be on top as long as he is married to "daddys little girl".So hence he doesnt have to work hard.

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #404 on: January 15, 2004, 03:58:32 PM »

How Paul Levesque went from one the hardest workers and best performers in the industry from 1998-2000 to the liability he is now is one of the biggest mysterys in the history of wrestling, how he has managed to survive his fall from grace without losing his spot at the top of the tree is not quite as un obvious, as Arron has pointed out.

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #405 on: January 15, 2004, 05:32:00 PM »

I think Triple H is still the best thing in wrestling, he is the only wrestler i give two hoots above......his matches are a poor lot but even so....i like him more than the entire raw and smackdown rooster combined......

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #406 on: January 15, 2004, 05:40:47 PM »

Any particular reason? What has he done in the past couple of years that most of the roster haven't and as you say they alot of them haven't done much.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #407 on: January 15, 2004, 06:17:52 PM »

HHH has turned sorta into the new hulk hogan, uses political powers to hold on to a spot he doesnt deserve anymore

HHH is exciting even though he isnt half the wrestler he was

i also dont like how HHH has held down great talents like RVD who shouldve had at least one title run by now as he is clearly one of the most popular superstars since SCSA and The Rock, he also held down Y2J for a bit

HHH needs to start back loving what he does, busting his ass, get rid of some of the muscle and start back being the best again

i think he could if he wanted to

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #408 on: January 15, 2004, 06:53:40 PM »

Yeah he is like Hogan in a political sense, although he doesn't need to do it much due to his position in the family. The difference between him and Hogan is that Hogan is 50 years old, he should have retired years ago and he was never anywhere near as good a wrestler as HHH has been. But he is still popular and has through hard work, a few lucky breaks and the aforementioned political power continued to be succesful, reinvent himself and draw money. HHH doesn't need to reinvent himself, he knows, injuries and divorces apart, he is gonna be where he is now for as long as he wants. He is so obesessed with looking good physically that he has sacrificed his incredible abilty and physical well being because he knows no one can touch him. The other thing about Hogan is that in recent years he has shown a willingness to put people over once and a while, he did this with rock, angle and brilliantly with brock lesnar. HHH has proven time and time again against RVD, Kane, Jericho and most memorably against booker t (where in the biggest match of booker's life he beat him with a single pedigree and waited 30 seconds before covering him with one arm - this on the same night that the rock, brock lesnar and hulk hogan all had to utilise their finishers 3 times to beat their opponents) that he is not willing to allow anybody who is a long term threat to his spot at the top a sniff at the strap. The only people who have been put across as a threat in ages are hogan, steiner, nash, hbk and goldberg, who are all either his best friends or are too old to provide a long term threat to him.
But he IS still an effective heel particularly with a faction where it is not always him all the time, HHH's role has allowed for the maturing of one of the stars of the future in Randy Orton and hopefully if their rumoured feud goes ahead HHH will give him as much leverage as an opponent as he has as a teammate. He has also had some decent matches recently with hbk, goldberg and kane far better men for him to at least get a passable encounter from than nash and steiner with whom he inexplicably main evented 4 pay per views last year. But if RAW is to remain a watchable programme it is essential that he loses weight and works harder over the next 12 months in his feuds with benoit, orton et all.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2004, 06:57:31 PM by big ploppa dump » Logged

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #409 on: January 15, 2004, 07:13:11 PM »

Bravo Dump, Bravo!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #410 on: January 15, 2004, 10:45:48 PM »

awesome observation big ploppa! its nice to have wrestling buffs on the board, u know your shit im impressed

welcome 2 the board!

most of my friends agree that booker t shouldve won the belt at wrestlemania, it was an opportunity to really elevate him into the top tier of superstars and that opportunity was lost

maybe wwe will get their shit straight soon

do u ever go to www.prowrestling.com and read like what happened after raw went off the air and stuff?

they use to do funny skits and stuff like that all the time, wrestling is sorta stale

hell they dont do the highlight reel anymore which was a great reason to watch Raw right there

they need to put the best smackdown dudes on Raw use smackdown as sort of a minor league developmental traditional old school type wrestling show cause i havent watched smackdown in forever and dont miss it at all

wrestling will come back around, the well has just ran dry at the moment, vince has stopped pushing the envelope and has started running to many WCW like hot shot angles

WWE use to be so awesome cause up and down the card there was a great storyline

i compare it to a tv show lets take beverly hills 90210 for example, dont know if u have ever seen it, but that show was great cause every character had an interesting storyline

that show wouldve sucked if it had like a big dylan storyline and no one else was doing shit

wwe use to have nice storylines for every wrestlers now there are pointless feuds, shitty buildup, and its like pickup wrestling

its like they get to the arena and decide whose wrestling who

if they will fix those minor problems it can come back and be great again

the raw where hhh fought hbk was one of the best raw's ever

but theyve followed it up with two very shitty raws

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #411 on: January 16, 2004, 06:23:30 AM »

awesome observation big ploppa! its nice to have wrestling buffs on the board, u know your shit im impressed

welcome 2 the board!

most of my friends agree that booker t shouldve won the belt at wrestlemania, it was an opportunity to really elevate him into the top tier of superstars and that opportunity was lost

maybe wwe will get their shit straight soon

do u ever go to www.prowrestling.com and read like what happened after raw went off the air and stuff?

they use to do funny skits and stuff like that all the time, wrestling is sorta stale

hell they dont do the highlight reel anymore which was a great reason to watch Raw right there

they need to put the best smackdown dudes on Raw use smackdown as sort of a minor league developmental traditional old school type wrestling show cause i havent watched smackdown in forever and dont miss it at all

wrestling will come back around, the well has just ran dry at the moment, vince has stopped pushing the envelope and has started running to many WCW like hot shot angles

WWE use to be so awesome cause up and down the card there was a great storyline

i compare it to a tv show lets take beverly hills 90210 for example, dont know if u have ever seen it, but that show was great cause every character had an interesting storyline

that show wouldve sucked if it had like a big dylan storyline and no one else was doing shit

wwe use to have nice storylines for every wrestlers now there are pointless feuds, shitty buildup, and its like pickup wrestling

its like they get to the arena and decide whose wrestling who

if they will fix those minor problems it can come back and be great again

the raw where hhh fought hbk was one of the best raw's ever

but theyve followed it up with two very shitty raws

Very true, i think what really killed the storylines was the brand extension, they have half the time to pack it in to, before u had some really intense long running feuds were u wondered what would happen next, now its just 4 raws then a ppv, just not enough time.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Evolution
« Reply #412 on: January 17, 2004, 06:39:25 PM »

so whats everyones royal rumble winner pick?i think goldberg most likely to face brock at WM XX for the title but maybe benoit has an outside chance for a world title shot?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #413 on: January 17, 2004, 07:11:16 PM »

Kurt Angle i'd imagine....

and Shawn Michaels to take the title, as for the Hardcore Holly v Lesnar main event...i won't even comment i'm too disillusioned with Smackdown....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Evolution
« Reply #414 on: January 17, 2004, 07:17:54 PM »

i won't even comment i'm too disillusioned with Smackdown....

ooo u missed a hilarious moment...paul heyman got his mouth washed out with soap!....... rofl
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #415 on: January 17, 2004, 07:58:44 PM »

Chris Benoit, setting up a feud with HHH...hes moving to Raw soon in case u all didnt know.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #416 on: January 18, 2004, 01:47:28 AM »

write it down i said it here first

they are tryin to set up a hhh vs chris benoit, goldberg vs lesnar

well the winner gets to choose which title he wants to go after

benoit and goldberg will be the final two, they will both go over the top rope and touch down at the same time

thus they both get a shot and they willshock fans by choosing the other brands champ

i just thought this up, no website rumor, its my own rumor

lets see if im correct
« Last Edit: January 18, 2004, 01:48:07 AM by D » Logged

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #417 on: January 18, 2004, 09:37:54 AM »

You are right D, i had this in mind as well! yes

As ever though a good prediction by part of the HTGTH booking team.

Also though look out for the lights going out and Kane being eliminated by the New Dead Man!

Building up to a Wrestlemania matchup between the two.

Small Spoiler for No Way Out...its gonna be Eddie Vs Brock for the strap. And Chavo Vs Rey, Rey....

Evolution
« Reply #418 on: January 18, 2004, 11:04:54 AM »

also big show vs cena for the us title
Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #419 on: January 18, 2004, 11:22:05 AM »

Thanks for that D, i've been looking for a place to have a decent, mature yet light hearted convo about wrestling for a while and electric hogg told me this was the place to hang my hat. Sorry if i go on a bit guys i just like to say what ive got to say.
You are correct in what you say about benoit/hhh and lesnar/goldberg, it also seems as if they may be looking at angle/guerrero which would be worth the price of the pay per view (if i had to pay) alone. I suppose the only trouble with that particular finish to the rumble is that it has been done a few times before, not that that should matter too much. Remember that smackdown have an extra ppv to work with before the rumble so i would thing that any major raw developments will take place at the rumble. So i think benoit will win the match and switch to raw, whereas they will take the smackdown story onto no way out in feb. However if the title match there is going to be eddie v brock i don't know how they are gonna get from that to goldberg/lesnar at WM.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: