Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 05:21:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 852096 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #380 on: January 11, 2004, 12:36:36 PM »

anyone else starting to miss viscera?....

When was the last time he was in it? Can't remember seeing him for about 4 years.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #381 on: January 11, 2004, 01:29:31 PM »

When was the last time he was in it? Can't remember seeing him for about 4 years.....

He returned at the Royal Rumble Vince won, taking out a Headbanger and stealing his entry, he went from one of Undertaker's many sidekicks to feuding with the equally awful 'Sexual Chocolate' Mark Henry (they wrestled on PPV:( ) then dumped onto 'Heat' tagging with Mideon before disappearing
« Last Edit: January 11, 2004, 01:44:48 PM by THESTONEDMAIDS » Logged
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #382 on: January 11, 2004, 03:58:08 PM »

He returned at the Royal Rumble Vince won, taking out a Headbanger and stealing his entry, he went from one of Undertaker's many sidekicks to feuding with the equally awful 'Sexual Chocolate' Mark Henry (they wrestled on PPV:( ) then dumped onto 'Heat' tagging with Mideon before disappearing

I actually have that ppv on vid! I think it was Armaggedon 2000...Viscera vs Mark Henry it was over that awful old woman they occaisionally wheel out....'he attacked my wife!'

It was soooooo bad.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #383 on: January 11, 2004, 06:29:44 PM »

I actually have that ppv on vid! I think it was Armaggedon 2000...Viscera vs Mark Henry it was over that awful old woman they occaisionally wheel out....'he attacked my wife!'

It was soooooo bad.

O yeah Mae Young the old bitch who stripped at the Rumble one year, got pregnant with Mark Henry and gave birth to a hand......and this week on RAW bared all to Chris Jericho
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #384 on: January 11, 2004, 08:02:15 PM »

A reliable source told me that Mideon has been re-hired to partake in the Undertakers return as the DEADMAN!

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #385 on: January 12, 2004, 08:05:04 AM »

A reliable source told me that Mideon has been re-hired to partake in the Undertakers return as the DEADMAN!

The undertakers dead man return may be pretty cool...might get me to watch smackdown.....hopefully they do it properly wwe are pretty good at fucking up great angles....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #386 on: January 12, 2004, 03:17:17 PM »

A) Rumour has it upon his return Undertaker may go to RAW

B) Mideon recently had a dark match, he is reportedly much slimmer and has had his head shaved.

C) It has been mentioned Mideon may participate but nothing is certain, the same night as Mideon's dark match Mike Barton (Bart Gunn) had one, could you see them employing him  Huh
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #387 on: January 12, 2004, 04:52:41 PM »

B) Mideon recently had a dark match, he is reportedly much slimmer and has had his head shaved.

C) It has been mentioned Mideon may participate but nothing is certain, the same night as Mideon's dark match Mike Barton (Bart Gunn) had one, could you see them employing him  Huh

Whats a 'dark match'?

Undertaker on Raw would rock but would be the end for Smackdown......

If only they would abolish that shite brand extension...fire all the crap and get some decent storyline writers in wrestling would be the best thing since Guns N Roses....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #388 on: January 12, 2004, 05:03:22 PM »

Whats a 'dark match'?

Undertaker on Raw would rock but would be the end for Smackdown......

If only they would abolish that shite brand extension...fire all the crap and get some decent storyline writers in wrestling would be the best thing since Guns N Roses....

Dark matches are non-televised matches that only the live crowd see, they have no relevance to storylines and generally involve many non WWE competitors e.g. in try out matches so they can see how the crowd responds to them, when Kanyon was coming back from injury they tried his Mortis gimmick in a few dark matches to see how it got over (it was dropped) and stars like Ultimo Dragon were in dark matches before they joined.  If you remember The Legion of Doom returned to face Kane and Rob Van Dam many months back on RAW it what appeared to be their final appearance although they wrestled in a dark match at the Smackdown tapings the next night, so as i was saying not so long since Mideon and Mike Barton formally known as Bart Gunn were wrestling in these matches but many people do doesn't mean to much even Norman Smiley has had some dark matches, also local jobbers get into a lot as well........gets them over with the locals Grin
« Last Edit: January 12, 2004, 05:05:13 PM by THESTONEDMAIDS » Logged
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #389 on: January 12, 2004, 07:35:58 PM »

Bart Gunn's career was ruined by Butterbean in the Brawl For All.

Which was supposed to be "shoot" but wasnt although the butterbean part was revenge from management when Bart Gunn knocked out Marc Mero which he wasnt supposed to do.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #390 on: January 12, 2004, 10:43:13 PM »

fuck what a brutal fucking knockout that was butterbean i thought broke bart gunns fuckin neck

seein the undertaker as the dead man again would rule!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #391 on: January 13, 2004, 09:51:36 AM »

I ran the music at an indy show a few months back.  Dennis Knight (Mideon) did say that he would love to work for Vince again, and his dark match apparently went pretty well.

Some other WMXX rumors involve some kind of Cruiserweight battle royal, and there was word that Ricky Steamboat would return for one last run w/Flair, but Vince was apparently against that idea, and I first heard about that a few months ago, so it's probably dead.  Goldberg's contract negotiations are not going well, I've heard, so he may not be around after WMXX, but we'll see.  They may find a way to match him up with Lesnar and job him out gracefully, but nobody really knows until the day of the event anymore.

Got the Ultimate Ric Flair Collection DVD for Christmas.  It is absolutely awesome...check it out.  Some of the stuff from '86/'87 is a real trip down memory lane.

RAW was okay...Kane's character development is going well, and Orton seems to be improving.

Addressing an earlier topic, I watch every Smackdown and RAW, and I like 'em bot h equally, but then again I'll watch IWA or even XPW, so if it's wrestling, I'll probably enjoy it.  Bottom line, though, is that I think Smackdown has better in-ring work tham RAW.

The Rumble is coming up!!!  It's usually my favorite single event.  Hope this one measures up.

God, this was disjointed.  Just me spewin'.  I don't work with many wrestling fans, so I gotta vent somehow!!! My wife's wrestling tolerance is still minimal.
/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #392 on: January 13, 2004, 04:16:32 PM »

man! reading this makes me miss wrestling so damn much!!!!
is it all just on PPV now? it suddenly just dissapeared from all the fucking tv chans we got!! damnit!  crying

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #393 on: January 13, 2004, 05:53:28 PM »

I wish the Ultimate Warrior would come back.  Him and Hogan are my favorite wrestlers of all time.  I haven't really watched any wrestling lately though.  I did catch it last night and it was shitty.  Mick Foley is making a comeback??? smoking smoking

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #394 on: January 13, 2004, 07:48:25 PM »

I wish the Ultimate Warrior would come back.  Him and Hogan are my favorite wrestlers of all time.  I haven't really watched any wrestling lately though.  I did catch it last night and it was shitty.  Mick Foley is making a comeback??? smoking smoking

Is the Ultimate Warrior still alive?? He must be ancient now.......

as WWE bring everyone back don't be surprised if he makes an appearance one day...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #395 on: January 13, 2004, 10:32:20 PM »

ultimate warrior is still alive he changed his name legally to "the warrior"

why dont WWE release a best of shawn micheals dvd?

id love to see that

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #396 on: January 14, 2004, 07:47:51 AM »

ultimate warrior is still alive he changed his name legally to "the warrior"

why dont WWE release a best of shawn micheals dvd?

id love to see that

Give them time......

The Ultimate Warrior changed his name to 'the warrior'.......that sounds rather sad really.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #397 on: January 14, 2004, 02:05:22 PM »

Give them time......

The Ultimate Warrior changed his name to 'the warrior'.......that sounds rather sad really.....

Dude, you think thats sad, check out his website, he has lost the plot!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 02:06:53 PM by Electric Hogg » Logged
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #398 on: January 14, 2004, 02:47:33 PM »

Yeah, Warrior's site is preety nuts, but he did put up a piece after Curt Hennig OD'd that was extremely harsh but also quite accurate, I thought.

Hey D...there is a Shawn Michaels set.  It's really good, too...2 DVDs...it's called "From the Vault:Shawn Michaels" or "Shawn Michaels:From the Vault."  I would've PM'd you, but other people might also dig this.
It doesn't have a ton of matches, but the ones it's got are all awesome:
Midnight Rockers vs Buddy Rose and Doug Somers (AWA Title, late 80')
Michaels vs Razor Ramon (WM X Ladder Match)
Michaels vs. Bret Hart (WM XII Iron Man Match)
Michaels vs. Mankind (IYH Mind Games '96)
Michaels vs. Diesel (No Holds Barred, IYH Good Friends, Better Enemies '96)
Michaels vs. Undertaker (IYH Badd Blood '97, Hell in a Cell)
Michaels vs. HHH (Michaels' return match, I think Summerslam 2002)
There may be another on there, but I don't think so.  I picked it up in July and haven't had time to watch it in a couple of months.  It's really worth checking out...I got it through Amazon, but you can also get it at most Best Buy locations.
I really want the Bloodbath Steel Cage set, too...I read a review at 411wrestling.com and it sounds just amazing.
The Mick Foley collection hits next month, too... lots of classic stuff, from the WCW feud with Vader up to the HHH matches in 2000, I think.  Should be a killer set.
I'm trying to get my bosses to let me host a wrestling-themed radio show on one of the stations in our cluster...wish me luck!
/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #399 on: January 14, 2004, 05:14:17 PM »

I'm waiting for the HHH boxset he's been in so many great matches, should be able to fill a few dvds methinks...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: