Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 07:28:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228567 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 852338 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #320 on: December 15, 2003, 04:16:50 PM »

Hmm, been reading the results on wwe.com

Triple H won the belt back, as he's my fav wrestler thats good ok

Looks like an overal good night for Evolution but Batista in 2 matches...sigh, must be low on ideas....

Someone post a review so we know how it went down.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #321 on: December 16, 2003, 04:03:40 PM »

I don't usually write about RAW, but I am motivated to say here  my interpetation of last night.

And on a note, this is why I rarely used subtlty in my writing. Whenever I tried to write something where something seemed to be left open but one could understand what happened if they looked at some background or phrase and saw the inherent metaphor that would let you understand what happened, people usually missed it, and complained and insulted me because of it. Now I always have to have someone explain these things at some point so I don't angry letters. But anyway, it was a bit confusing, but with some thought, here's what I saw. And since Mick couldn't do a running commentary to the camera to explain this, here's what I saw.

Mick watches the video tribute, and sees all he did in his career. But they showed an interesting bit near the end: the part where Mick Foley blew his big elbow in his WM2000 match. The thing is, besides one other match, this was the only match that Mick ever wrestled under his real name.

At first, Mick seems willing (making the stips) but when he gets backstage, he begins to think of the things many people have already spoken off: he hasn't wrestled in 3 1/2 years, he's out of shape, Orton beat him up a few months ago, he's an in shape young up and coming superstar, etc etc. He speaks to Shawn about coming back and Shawn says what he says. Unfortunately, Mick is not given an easy answer to his torment, or any answer at all.

So he heads out, and gets in the ring...and when he steps in, it slowly starts coming to him. He rolls out and hits himself a bit, trying to pysche himself up, think of what he will gain if he can win. But it won't push the nagging feeling away. He walks around the ring, and it grows, and grows. He heads up the ramp, torn between the feelings this place and his fans awake in him and the seeming harsh reality that he slowly coming to realize. And then he seems to finally see the light, as terrible and blinding as it is.

That ring is not his any more. That is the realm of Mankind, of Dude Love, of Cactus Jack, of the true Hardcore legend that people speak of. It is the realm of the man who would never give up on anything: against an opponent, a business in which he never fit the the proper "look", a man would couldn't wrestle well, a realm where one can experience the greatest highs as well as the terrible lows in one magnificent roller coaster ride.

But it isn't his realm any more. He is not Mankind, or Dude Love, or Cactus Jack, Hardcore Legend and one who never gives up. He is Mick Foley, family man and author, a man who left his mark, a mark that he may very well piss on if he goes on, a possibility shown in the metaphor of all he endured and dished out as his three personas, yet couldn't pull it off under his real name in the form of his blown WM2000 elbow.

So he does one of the hardest things he ever has to do: turn and leave. Knowing his fans will be hurt and confused. Knowing many will think he failed or betrayed them in some way and turn on him. Knowing that he may very well be entering the moment where the stipulations actually stick and he can never come back. Knowing that Eric Bischoff will crow his victory, and Randy Ortan will call him a coward.

And wondering. above all else, a terrible possibility. A possible that stays locked in his head, robbing him of his voice, even as Eric yells at him and Ortan spits in his face. The possibly is bad enough, but somehow speaking it will make it officially real, and that may be more then even Mick Foley can take. So he leaves, in silence, wondering if he could have been wrong, if he could have beaten Orton, if he could have returned without trampling on his legacy or getting hooked on the drug that gave him so much yet harmed him and all he loves so...and wondering, most of all, that last, greatest terrible possibility.

That the old phrase is all too true.

Legends never die.

They just fade away...

or maybe They'll just have a crappy excuse next week, just saying that he left because he had gas and was afraid he might let out some during the match.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
The New Fiona Apple
VIP

« Reply #322 on: December 16, 2003, 04:07:42 PM »

Some people may think that was a cop out, but I think that adds more dimension to the character and makes you want to tune in at the beginning of 2004 wondering what happened.

IMO, this is a great cliffhanger that could actually lead him to Wrestlemania 20 in shape and better than ever.

Ok, I'm tired. Bye for now.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2003, 04:09:44 PM by The New Fiona Apple » Logged

Bobby Valentine

-Axl Rose
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #323 on: December 16, 2003, 07:54:21 PM »

its no secret on internet forums that mick will wrestle someone at wrestlemania

wwe are finally goin back to their roots and leaving viewers hanging

i know ill be watching next week, i mean i would anyway but im really looking forward to it more than usual to see what happens

same way with the new jericho angle, im excited

wwe started fucking up by rushing angles

they stopped putting effort and time into letting angles run for a while

use to an angle would sometimes take 3 pay per views to resolve and u were left guessing each week what would happen

over the last year to 2 years the angles have been predictable and resolved within 2 raws or so

now things are getting interesting

jericho finally is turning face we think and its time for him to do so

Mick Foley if u look at his body actually has probably lost a good 25 pounds so i think he looks in the best shape of his career or at least since the mid 90's

Mick said he was old and beat down is why he couldnt do the same shit anymore

actually its cause he got to fat

now he's lost weight i bet he will be quick and able to do alot of stuff again

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #324 on: December 17, 2003, 07:03:51 AM »

Bah, i'm sick of Foley he comes and goes like a yo yo, i just wished he' clear off for good.

Also, what was armageddon like?HuhHuh

Quick! To the bandwagon!
The New Fiona Apple
VIP

« Reply #325 on: December 20, 2003, 12:28:30 PM »

On the subject of Mick Foley, I have news Details on the new DVD of his that is coming out in Jan 2004. :

According to the trailer, it will include over 5 hours of Foley matches. From clips on the DVD, WWF matches you will see at least in part include The Hell in the Cell with Foley vs. The Undertaker, Foley vs. Triple H at Royal Rumble 2000, Foley vs. Steve Austin from Over the Edge, Foley's WWF championship win over The Rock in Worcester, MA, and Foley vs. Funk from Raw is War.

WCW matches that are showcased in the trailer are the entire Cactus Jack vs. Vader series from 1993, Sting vs. Cactus Jack at WCW Beach Blast '92 and Cactus Jack & Maxx Payne vs. The Nasty Boys at WCW Spring Stampede 94.

The Foley DVD will also feature, for the first time on a WWE release since they purchased the assets of Extreme Championshp Wrestling, ECW footage of Cactus Jack vs. Sabu (matches from the ECW Arena in 6/94 and Hamburg, PA in 11/94), Foley's farewell match vs. Mikey Whipwreck from the Big Ass Extreme Bash, Cactus Jack & Whipwreck vs. The Public Enemy from 8/94, Cactus Jack vs. The Sandman in a No Ropes Barbed Wire Match from 6/95, and Terry Funk vs. Cactus Jack from ECW Hostile City Showdown '95.

source: http://www.prowrestling.com/news.php?id=9797/articles/news

Wow, ECW,WCW, and WWE matches all on one tape.    smoking

I know i'm getting this nows.

BTW, one of the Vader matches, Mick gets dropped straight on his head for a real concussion and I mean, Straight right on his FUCKING Head.

Bobby Valentine

-Axl Rose
The New Fiona Apple
VIP

« Reply #326 on: December 20, 2003, 12:31:58 PM »

Now, I have some even bigger news to report:

WWE's Plan To Bring Back Bret Hart Revealed?
Story By: Ben Johnson
December 18, 2003

There is a rumor going around that WWE is considering bringing back the Hall Of Fame, likely in conjunction with WrestleMania XX.

Already being suggested for induction are Bret Hart, Bruno Sammartino, Bob Backlund, and Billy Graham.

Most feel WWE's interest in getting Hart to take part in WrestleMania XX could be a pretty big factor in this, although since this isn't official yet, there's no word on how Bret feels.

The rumored date for the ceremony is the night before Mania.

http://www.prowrestling.com/news.php?id=9799/articles/news

Wow, imagine if Bret decided to show up. There has been rumours for months that he would.

Bobby Valentine

-Axl Rose
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #327 on: December 20, 2003, 01:23:03 PM »

This foley DVD sounds great but I think it won't sell as well as flair
zosobob6
Rocker

« Reply #328 on: December 20, 2003, 04:29:55 PM »

December 18, 2003

There is a rumor going around that WWE is considering bringing back the Hall Of Fame, likely in conjunction with WrestleMania XX.

Already being suggested for induction are Bret Hart, Bruno Sammartino, Bob Backlund, and Billy Graham.

Most feel WWE's interest in getting Hart to take part in WrestleMania XX could be a pretty big factor in this, although since this isn't official yet, there's no word on how Bret feels.

Wow, imagine if Bret decided to show up. There has been rumours for months that he would.

Dude, Bret Hart showing up would make my day.   I hope there are a lot of legends that show up and are on tv.     All of those guys that were mentioned, I hope are there.    I also hope to god Hogan will show up in some way  or SUPERFLY, Jimmy Snuka    I love that dude.     But if they bring in legends back, please, Scott Hall or Razor Ramone whatever you wanna call him.   Without a doubt the most under rated wrestler ever.
The New Fiona Apple
VIP

« Reply #329 on: December 21, 2003, 12:29:11 AM »

December 18, 2003

Dude, Bret Hart showing up would make my day.   I hope there are a lot of legends that show up and are on tv.     All of those guys that were mentioned, I hope are there.    I also hope to god Hogan will show up in some way  or SUPERFLY, Jimmy Snuka    I love that dude.     But if they bring in legends back, please, Scott Hall or Razor Ramone whatever you wanna call him.   Without a doubt the most under rated wrestler ever.

We might as well bring the prohibitition back.

If Hall was there with HHH, Nash, and HBK, It would turn into a Kliq love-fest.

Bobby Valentine

-Axl Rose
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #330 on: December 21, 2003, 04:50:16 AM »

It would be cool to see him come back.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Evolution
« Reply #331 on: December 21, 2003, 12:33:38 PM »

randy orton is without the doubt the future of wwe and along with cena the future is bright.evolutions clean sweep of the guys titles on raw was my fave part of 2003 that or kanes mask coming off
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #332 on: December 21, 2003, 03:23:49 PM »

randy orton is without the doubt the future of wwe and along with cena the future is bright.evolutions clean sweep of the guys titles on raw was my fave part of 2003 that or kanes mask coming off

Bah

I don't see much of a future....

Orton and Cena are good but not good enough to carry WWE and as for Kane's mask coming off.....Kane went from the coolest wrestler of the lot to some fat bald bloke, damn u WWE DAMN U!!!!!!!!!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #333 on: December 21, 2003, 11:32:17 PM »

I don't understand the kane removing his mask thing it's one of the worse things to ever happen in wrestling.My highlight of 2003 has goldberge winning the tittle and all the DVDs
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #334 on: December 22, 2003, 03:05:23 PM »

Grin love SCOTTY'S BACK!!!!!  love Grin

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!
I love SCOTTY! {Shame about his wife and daughter like!}

Ok thats a bit old news- but i kinda forgot to post my thoughts on this thread- sowwy!

Anyway I think Jericho and Trish will probably go out for good- seeing from their match-up on Raw {trish and Lita vs. Christian and Y2J!}
Jericho kicks ass! Just like Lita!
Who do you guys like better: Lita or Trish?

I like Foley- but I agree with Izzy that he should go or stay in the WWE for good! I hate Bishoff! He's really gay!

The Cat is hilarious! Sable is a moody bat!

Did anyone see smackdown this week? I didn't!!!!!  Sad
Can someone sum it please! Mwah!

Peace Out! xxx

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
The New Fiona Apple
VIP

« Reply #335 on: December 24, 2003, 11:10:27 PM »

On a holiday note,  I'd like to wish Raven (Scott Levy), Bill Goldberg, Dean Malenko, Randy Savage (Randy Pofflo), Barry Horowitz, Glen "Kane" Jacobs, Matt "Albert" Bloom, Joel Gertner, and Paul Heyman all very happy Hannukahs.

I also wish Farooq, D-Lo Brown, Ahmed Johnson, and some others all very good Ramadans.

And merry Christmas to the rest (especially Ted Dibiase) of the bunch.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2003, 11:14:19 PM by The New Fiona Apple » Logged

Bobby Valentine

-Axl Rose
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #336 on: December 25, 2003, 06:22:38 AM »

Kane is jewish? Wow, u learn somethimg new everyday...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2003, 06:23:11 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #337 on: December 25, 2003, 01:19:34 PM »

What ever happened to Ahmed Johnson
The New Fiona Apple
VIP

« Reply #338 on: December 25, 2003, 10:27:14 PM »

Last I saw of him was in December 2001, playing Suge Knight in a movie about the Life and Times of MC Hammer.

Yes, it's as good as it sounds.

Bobby Valentine

-Axl Rose
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #339 on: December 26, 2003, 04:52:47 AM »

Last I saw of him was in December 2001, playing Suge Knight in a movie about the Life and Times of MC Hammer.

Yes, it's as good as it sounds.

Gulp..quiet a fall from grace....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: