Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 11:26:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228567 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 852775 times)
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #240 on: October 25, 2003, 01:09:17 AM »

Here is some good (or however you Interpret it) news

*SPOILER* - The Return Of Undertaker's "Deadman" Persona

Story By: Ben Johnson
October 23, 2003

In what has to be some breaking news, with partial credit to PWTorch.com, there is finally a serious plan to bring back Undertaker's "Deadman" character.

Every year or so, there are some key things that WWE fans want to see happen. Throughout last year, it was the return of Austin, as well as the debut of Goldberg. This year, the focus has been on a Bret Hart farewell appearance, and Undertaker's "deadman" character. It looks like we will be getting the latter.

As I noted before, the tentative plan is for Vince McMahon to win the Buried Alive Match, most likely with swerve help from Stephanie. This would set Undertaker on a hiatus from WWE TV for a few months. Then, he would return around late-February to begin a program for a match at WrestleMania XX. However, the noticeable change would be that he would no longer be the "American Bad Ass", but "The Deadman" once again.

The current rumors see the Undertaker's first match back as The Deadman against Kane as part of a group of inter-roster matches at WrestleMania.

Again, nothing's totally confirmed, but the return of The Deadman before Undertaker's eventual retirement has always seemed inevitable, and this looks to be the angle that finally sets up the return.

source: http://www.prowrestling.com/articles/news/9384.shtml
« Last Edit: October 25, 2003, 01:10:46 AM by The New Fiona Apple » Logged

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #241 on: October 25, 2003, 04:31:13 PM »

Undertaker as the dead man again....well if they do it right (which they won't) that would be cool......

Gotta say Raw this week (24th Oct in the UK) was very poor, the matches throughout the card were tedious...best bit was Triple H coming out of nowhere and smacking those muppets with the plank of wood.

Kane's 'speach' was possibly the most embarassing thing i have ever sat through.......

Well here's to hoping for next week......
« Last Edit: October 27, 2003, 05:34:01 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #242 on: October 27, 2003, 05:33:28 AM »

Just watched Smackdown what amain event Big show/Lesner v Undertaker, fantastic, okay not very original but it was still a really good match and a buried alive match at survivor series sounds cool

infact Survivor series sounds awesome! The 5 v 5 match, the Buried alive match, triple H v Goldberg, it may be worth staying up for this time! Can't remember the last time i was exciteted about a ppv but i think this one will rock, remember there will also be a Kane v Shane o' Mac match..they gotta have something good planned for that..that feud is months old!

Can't wait till then......hmmm (checks date of it) I'm off to a Marilyn Manson concert just before...what a night thats gonna be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #243 on: October 30, 2003, 11:23:39 AM »

SPOILER (KIND OF)

In tonight's Smackdown!, Lesner announces his Survivor Series Team.  It could be the baddest team of all time: Lesner, Nathan Jones, Big Show, and a new guy names Matt Morgan who is huge and supposedly can fly around the ring like a cruiser wheight.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #244 on: October 30, 2003, 03:36:56 PM »

Survivor series team? I thought that was just on Raw? Well anyway Survivor series looks awesome, i haven't looked forward to a ppv for so long......

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #245 on: October 30, 2003, 04:19:02 PM »

Lesnar = Class
Big Show = Donkey
Jones = Clumsy
Morgan = Unproven...........it ain't that impressive dude
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #246 on: October 30, 2003, 04:38:29 PM »

Even so, I'm a mark for the classic Survivor Series format.  This should be a fun show.
By the way, I think that the Big Show has shown some real improvement of late...I've also heard that he's been great backstage lately.
I don't know much about Matt Morgan...I heard that he looked pretty good, especially his finisher...Jones I'm not high on, but we'll see.
I'm interested to see how they handle the Holly/Lesnar deal as well.
The Bashams don't get much reaction, but they can put some pretty good stuff together.  I like Doug's "Machine" and Danny's "Damaja" work in OVW.  Their likely SurSer match vs. Los Guerreros could be a showstealer from a workrate standpoint.
SurSer is looking like a good card to me.
Oh, and I thought Batista looked great was was really compelling on the mic Monday.  One continuity note, though, and if anyone's brought this up, sorry...I'm at work and I didn't have time to read anybody's observations yet, but if Batista, Orton, et al are going to be money spedin', womanizin' playas out there, Batista should leave his wedding ring in his locker! ok
Overall, I feel the product, especially on RAW, has improved dramatically of late.  We'll see how tonight's Smackdown! goes...
/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #247 on: October 30, 2003, 06:11:27 PM »

it ain't that impressive dude

Oh c'mon!

Undertaker v Vince in aburied alive match
Raw 5 person tag match
Smackdown 5 person tag match
Triple H v Goldberg
Shane v Kane

That's gonna be awesome!!!

I got a Marilyn Manson concert the same day i think....hopefully i can get back in time....what a day that would be if i could!!!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #248 on: October 30, 2003, 06:18:51 PM »

it ain't that impressive dude

Oh c'mon!

Undertaker v Vince in aburied alive match
Raw 5 person tag match
Smackdown 5 person tag match
Triple H v Goldberg
Shane v Kane

That's gonna be awesome!!!

I got a Marilyn Manson concert the same day i think....hopefully i can get back in time....what a day that would be if i could!!!

HH vs Goldberg sucked last time and probably will again, Kane vs Shane is a shit story Shane is being made to look like a real fucking wrestler ffs, Vince vs Taker who cares Buried Alive matches suck and we all know Vince will win only thing i am looking forward to is the 5 on 5 matches cos i love the traditional Survivor Series matches although the wrestlers involved are kinda crap Big Show, Nathan Jones, Steiner, Mark Henry etc.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #249 on: October 30, 2003, 06:39:00 PM »

Triple H and Kane are my fav wrestlers so i will love their matches no matter what

Also i love buried alive matches...okay Vince will win...but in 99% of matches u know who will win.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #250 on: October 30, 2003, 07:11:57 PM »

the mcmahons are destroying wrestling

i think it sucks that one of my 3 fav wrestler RVD gets his ass totally fucking handed to him by Kane, but yet a goofy,geeky fuckin little rich chump like shane o mac can kick the ever lovin shit out of kane

i hate him stealing RVD's patented van terminator, i fuckin cuss everytime he rips RVD off!

the 5 on 5 raw match is interesting cause i really believe bischoff's team will win

stone cold has gotten fat, he wants to wrestle at WM XX so the only way for that to happen is for him to lose his general manager job and he get back in shape, this would give him all of dec, jan he can come back feb and start hypin up a match

smackdown i dont watch so i really dont give a shit unless its eddie guerrero

triple h vs goldberg could be hit and miss, if triple h is healthy and wrestles like he is capable then it will kick ass, but if he has those biker shorts on under his trunks and his groin is still messed up its gonna suck  *why dont he just wear his trunks that he wore with dx? the long pants? he looks ridiculous with the spandex shorts under his tights

when are they ever gonna put jericho in something meaningful? he should be the world champ

im probably not gonna get this, nothing good enough for me to lay down 30 plus bucks

plus the pride fighting finals are a week before and i think ill spend my cash on that

someone write me a good review though if i dont get it

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #251 on: October 31, 2003, 07:24:44 AM »

Thats whats great about being in the UK..all PPV's are free!!! Jealous?

Austin wrestling again would be cool...but lest face it he is so beat up with his neck in the way it is that it could be years before thats possible...look at Shawn Michaels....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #252 on: October 31, 2003, 09:12:40 AM »

Austin wrestling again would be cool...but lest face it he is so beat up with his neck in the way it is that it could be years before thats possible...look at Shawn Michaels....

Free PPV that's class one of our few advantages of coming from the UK, although they aren't all free 4 of them a year are on Sky Box Office now remember?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #253 on: October 31, 2003, 10:01:33 AM »

Free PPV that's class one of our few advantages of coming from the UK, although they aren't all free 4 of them a year are on Sky Box Office now remember?

Yeah, but those are the ones in the UK.

I've always wondered why that is...I think that part of it has to do with that they can show 18+ material on TV before the watershed, because it will be shown at real time, in the evening.

Well, that and that 'cause it's in our country we're drumb enough to pay to watch it.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #254 on: October 31, 2003, 11:06:30 AM »

You still have to be impressed with the size of Lesner's team, I mean c'mon.  Jones and Morgan make Lesner look like a midget.  Not everyone is going to have the skill of a Kurt Angle.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #255 on: October 31, 2003, 11:56:47 AM »

Jones is awful though he makes Big Show and A-Train look competent and knowing WWE A-Train will be the 'surprise' 5th member
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #256 on: October 31, 2003, 12:51:22 PM »

Jones is awful though he makes Big Show and A-Train look competent and knowing WWE A-Train will be the 'surprise' 5th member

As long as it's not Doink. ok
Hopefully they're finding something good for Dinsmore to do.  Conway is really looking awesome lately, IMO.  They were a kickass team.

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #257 on: November 01, 2003, 09:18:42 AM »

This weeks raw (31 Oct) was the most boring piece of television i have ever seen! Awful from start to finish not one good match, i only continued to watch out of habit..what the hell was that Shane v Test match? Was that a joke?Huh

It was bad last week too but this week, yuk, must do better.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #258 on: November 02, 2003, 11:54:29 AM »

Next week it'll be hbk v.s. mark henry.

I hate that hbk has to job for guys like this. Let's make mh look like a terror in there and send in hbk...

I thought this guy killed his chances years ago. Remember, this is still the same sexual chocolate guy here

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #259 on: November 02, 2003, 12:55:27 PM »

HBK is my fave wrestler and is jobbing to people way to much these days, Jericho and Orton is acceptable cos they are class for the future but Flair is past although he is class, i just pray he doesn't job to Mark Henry i hope he tunes the band up with Sweet Chin Music and knocks Henry out of WWE and into a retirement home with his lover Mae Young and they can bring up that hand she gave birth to, HBK has shown he can do it and should be main eventing i mean he may not be able to wrestler regularly but the state HHH is in he can't and Goldberg only seems to do house shows now he has the title, i hope and expect this match to end in a no contest (therefore HBK not jobbing) because Team Austin and Bischoff will interfere im seeing it looking like this:

Team Bischoff: Jericho, Steiner, Christian, Mark Henry & Huh?

Team Austin:RVD, HBK, Booker T & The Dudleys
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: