Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 01:23:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228567 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 852912 times)
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #220 on: October 16, 2003, 09:49:26 PM »

it's a sad day in pro wrestling
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #221 on: October 16, 2003, 11:21:09 PM »

R.I.P. Stu

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #222 on: October 17, 2003, 12:42:10 AM »

RIP stu hart  *standing ovation*

his dungeon as left us some great wrestlers chris jericho,lance storm,chris benoit

its called the hart family curse, one son died of a rare flesh eating skin disease,owen of course, bret havin a stroke, helen,stu, davey boy smith which of course was brets brother in law. sad day in wrestling no doubt!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #223 on: October 17, 2003, 01:58:50 AM »

R.I.P
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #224 on: October 17, 2003, 07:24:54 AM »

R.I.P

Quick! To the bandwagon!
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #225 on: October 17, 2003, 04:09:08 PM »

I have some more news to tell you:

File this under the no suprise category:

Huge News: Kevin Nash To Undergo Neck Surgery; Out 2 MonthsStory By: Matt Boone
October 17, 2003

We have just received word that Kevin Nash will undergo neck surgery in a few weeks by Dr. Jho, the same surgeon who performed Kurt Angle's neck surgery, and will need six to eight weeks of recovery time.

With this, WWE has had to make a major change in plans. Nash was originally scheduled to turn heel to face Goldberg, but that has apparently been scraped for the time being. The original plans had called for Nash to return to work a series of matches with Goldberg. He was also expected to work house shows in tag matches teaming with Orton to face Goldberg & Booker T.

If there was any indication that they were going with Nash vs. Goldberg at Survivor Series, that is no more. Nash will be recovering from his neck surgery in November, so the plan is for Triple H to challenge Goldberg at Survivor Series in the main event.

Source: http://www.prowrestling.com/articles/news/9298.shtml

Thank god, screw the Kliq

and some more news

RAW Main Event, Hogan-Governor Update, SmackDown! Ratings

Radio ads in the Wilkes Barre, PA market announced the main event for Raw this Monday as being Goldberg vs. Shawn Michaels for the World Title. As just about everyone knows, that was announced at the end of last weeks RAW.

Hogan was on Bubba the Love Sponge's morning show in Tampa the day after Arnold was elected. Hogan himself said that he is considering running because of name recognition. He also said that he would not accept the salary for it, nor would he live in the mansion in Tallahassee. Bubba said that Hogan's was better anyway. Hogan also said that he would bring a new approach to the governor's office because he wouldn't bow down to special interest. He added that he had his own jet to fly him around so the taxpayers wouldn't have to. Obviously, this is just a big joke.

The Smackdown! brand house show on November 17 in Higalgo, Tx. should be interesting for no other reason than to see what kind of attendance they get since the local UPN has been off the air here for almost a year. It's on the border and the do have Eddie and Rey, so they may have a good turnout.

SmackDown! scored a 3.7 on the overnights. Game 7 of the Yankees-Red Sox ALCS did a 15.2 overnight broadcast rating.

source: http://www.prowrestling.com/articles/news/9296.shtml

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
The New Fiona Apple
VIP

« Reply #226 on: October 17, 2003, 04:11:42 PM »

Vince "Asshole" McMahon has released a statement about the passing of Stu Hart.
The following is from WWE.com:

Statement from Vince McMahon, Chairman, World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.
It was with great sorrow that we learned today of the death of Stu Hart. Stu was a pioneer in professional wrestling. More importantly, he was a great man. His influence within our industry, his community and his country was immense. He will be missed, but his legend will live on. All of us at WWE send our condolences to Stu's family. Our thoughts and our prayers are with them during this difficult time.

Again, we want to send our condolences to the Hart family as well as their friends. Stu will always be loved by millions and remain in our hearts.

New Fiona apple note: A statement is expected from Bret Hart's office later this evening.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2003, 04:21:24 PM by The New Fiona Apple » Logged

Bobby Valentine

-Axl Rose
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #227 on: October 18, 2003, 05:20:40 PM »

I wonder what bret will have to say
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #228 on: October 19, 2003, 01:34:31 PM »

I got this from www.backstagewrestling.com

We have some very very sad news to report today and that is that Road Warrior Hawk has passed away. He passed at approximately 1:30AM this morning in his sleep.

Hawk was born on January 26th and we believe he was just 46 years old.

He had just sold his condo and was scheduled to move into his new home in Florida today. His wife Dale said "he was going to lay down for a while, he didn't feel well."

When we get more details, we will pass them along.

Mike has been a good friend of ours at the site for several years now. This is such sad news for me and the rest of the wrestling world. Mike will always be known as a class act in the business and will be missed. On behalf of all of us at this website, we send out condolences to the family and friends of Mike. We are really at a loss for words right now.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #229 on: October 19, 2003, 01:38:31 PM »

Below is the complete and final card for this Sunday's WWE No Mercy on PPV:

WWE Championship Biker Chain Match
Brock Lesnar (c) vs. The Undertaker

I Quit Daughter vs. Father Match
Stephanie McMahon vs. Vince McMahon

U.S. Championship Match
Eddie Guerrero (c) vs. Big Show

Cruiser Weight Championship Match
Tajiri (c) vs. Rey Mysterio

John Cena vs. Kurt Angle

Chris Benoit vs. A-Train

Matt Hardy vs. Zach Gowen

Doesn't look great but im from the UK and it's free so ill watch it but only cos of that if i was American and had to pay i would say fuck it
The New Fiona Apple
VIP

« Reply #230 on: October 19, 2003, 01:56:35 PM »

I got this from www.backstagewrestling.com

We have some very very sad news to report today and that is that Road Warrior Hawk has passed away. He passed at approximately 1:30AM this morning in his sleep.

Hawk was born on January 26th and we believe he was just 46 years old.

He had just sold his condo and was scheduled to move into his new home in Florida today. His wife Dale said "he was going to lay down for a while, he didn't feel well."

When we get more details, we will pass them along.

Mike has been a good friend of ours at the site for several years now. This is such sad news for me and the rest of the wrestling world. Mike will always be known as a class act in the business and will be missed. On behalf of all of us at this website, we send out condolences to the family and friends of Mike. We are really at a loss for words right now.

All I have say is: SHIT!

RIP

Bobby Valentine

-Axl Rose
GNR-Rules
This space was intentionally left blank
Rocker

I used to live behind Tower Records on sunset!

« Reply #231 on: October 19, 2003, 06:52:08 PM »

R.I.P. Hawk, we'll miss you.. Cry

Chinese Democracy Starts Right Now!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #232 on: October 20, 2003, 07:11:57 AM »

Okay what was peoples thoughts on No Mercy...i stayed up till 1am.....then fell asleep and missed it all, was it even worth watching and who won, Stonedmaids ur our expert was it any good??

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #233 on: October 20, 2003, 04:59:00 PM »

Ok the expert will speak........it........well.........was kinda crap.........i just set the VCR for it and finished watching it 5 minutes ago the wrestling wasn't that bad just the matches were too predictable:

On Heat Billy 'I need a personality' Kidman beat Shannon Moore in an enjoyable encounter finished with a powerbomb of some sort off the top rope.

To start No Mercy Tajiri successfully defeated Rey Mysterio with help from 2 people in the crowd distracting the ref, the match flowed and was quite good but failed to hold my interest because the storyline was not built up enough

Chris Benoit defeated A-Train in a better than expected match with the sharpshooter but it still sucked on the whole.......A-Train just sucks

The Basham Brothers beat the APA in a very good tag match (especially considering) the teams when Shaniqua returned and knocked out Bradshaw with some kinda pipe.

Zach Gowen won his first match cleanly pinning Matt Hardy in a boring encounter all i have to ask is what has he done to deserve this no offence but losing to Zach Gowen the guy with less than 5 moves........WTF?

Vince Squashed Steph in a Father Daughter 'I Quit Match' when Linda threw in the towel.......Steph did though get some amusing offence in with a pipe but overall got crushed and it was pretty boring

Kurt Angle defeated John Cena in the match of the night this was back and forth stuff and both guys were on top form Cena is one for the future........finish happened when Cena tapped to the Ankle Lock

Big Show become the NEW U.S. Champion defeating Eddie Guerrero the match started off slowly but picked up after the ref 'bump' not bad shame Big Show won

Brock Lesnar defeated Undertaker in the Biker Chain Match (which goon thought that up.....Steph or Vince).......pretty boring and Brock won thanks to the F.B.I and Vince knocking Taker off the top rope. (Rumour has it this is to set up a buried alive match between Taker and Vince at Survivor Series)

Overall C+ the best matches had no decent storyline built up other than Angle Cena, they spent storyline time on crap like Vince & Steph therefore making this PPV feel kinda crap thank God it wasn't a PPV for me.........it's good to have things free in the UK Grin
« Last Edit: October 20, 2003, 05:01:47 PM by THESTONEDMAIDS » Logged
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #234 on: October 20, 2003, 05:22:33 PM »

And now for something decent the RAW Preview from WWE.com:

THE FIRST GRAND SLAM CHAMP VS. THE CHAMP
Oct. 20, 2003

In a match fans of sports-entertainment have been "fantasy booking" for years, World Heavyweight Champion Goldberg battles the legendary Shawn Michaels, WWE's first Grand Slam Champion, live this Monday night on RAW, airing at 9/8 CT on Spike TV from the Wachovia Arena in Wilkes-Barre, Pa. This match was ordered on last week's episode by General Manager Eric Bischoff. The World Heavyweight Title will be on the line in this WrestleMania-worthy main event.

Speaking of Goldberg, somebody was trying to take him out last week and collect Triple H's $100,000 bounty. Goldberg was nearly hit twice -- once by a speeding automobile, and once by a wall of crates. But nobody 'fessed up to the attacks. Perhaps we'll find the culprit this tonight on RAW.

In women's action, the 2003 Babe of the Year, Trish Stratus, will team up with Lita to take on the tandem of Molly and Victoria.

Last week, Ric Flair proved why he is called the "dirtiest player in the game" when he feigned an injury, causing his match with Maven to be called off. This week on RAW, a healthy Ric Flair is once again scheduled to take on the young and confident Maven.

The World Tag Team Championship will be on the line this week when the Dudley Boyz take on Rene Dupree and Rob Conway. Will Conway get his first taste of WWE gold? Find out on RAW.

In more tag team action, Rob Van Dam and Lance Storm will team up to take on the duo of Scott Steiner and Chris Jericho.

Booker T is back! Who or what will the Houston native set his sights on? One possibility is Christian, who has been taking credit for Booker's absence.

Will Kane accept Shane McMahon's challenge?

Get the answers to these questions and many more tonight on RAW, live at 9/8 CT on Spike TV.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #235 on: October 21, 2003, 06:03:00 PM »

Thanks Stonedmaids! I'm glad now i didn't bother....it is good though that we get in free over ain't it?

A buried alive match, cool! But taker v vince...er...little obvious who would win...

anyway that steph/vince match was obsurd....changing the chairman needs a statement to the stockmarket....IN ADVANCE, so obviously he was gonna win...that was just so stupid! Also we have had vince/steph feuds for years, we don't care anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2003, 06:04:17 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #236 on: October 21, 2003, 06:50:30 PM »

Thanks Stonedmaids! I'm glad now i didn't bother....it is good though that we get in free over ain't it?

A buried alive match, cool! But taker v vince...er...little obvious who would win...

anyway that steph/vince match was obsurd....changing the chairman needs a statement to the stockmarket....IN ADVANCE, so obviously he was gonna win...that was just so stupid! Also we have had vince/steph feuds for years, we don't care anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too true Vince, Steph, Linda and even Shane we're sick of you get off TV and please take the following superstars with you:

A-Train
Test
Scott Steiner
S.H.I.T
Stevie Richards
La Resistance
Rikishi (i know he's off but keep him off)
Big Show
Zach Gowen
Kevin Nash

There's probably more but that will do for now  Grin
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #237 on: October 21, 2003, 10:29:19 PM »

Too true Vince, Steph, Linda and even Shane we're sick of you get off TV and please take the following superstars with you:

A-Train
Test
Scott Steiner
S.H.I.T
Stevie Richards
La Resistance
Big Show
Zach Gowen
Kevin Nash

agree with the entire list except stevie richards

he has the look,the talent and the charisma if they would only use him the right way i think he could be awesome!

raw kicked ass im starting to respect goldberg he is doing a great job selling stuff and fitting in

i wonder whats up with jericho and christian helpin lita and trish? thats interesting

the dudleyz tribute to hawk was chilling, my hair stood up lovely sentiment! it rocked!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #238 on: October 22, 2003, 12:36:31 PM »

A-Train
Test
Scott Steiner
S.H.I.T
Stevie Richards
La Resistance
Big Show
Zach Gowen
Kevin Nash

agree with the entire list except stevie richards

he has the look,the talent and the charisma if they would only use him the right way i think he could be awesome!

raw kicked ass im starting to respect goldberg he is doing a great job selling stuff and fitting in

i wonder whats up with jericho and christian helpin lita and trish? thats interesting

the dudleyz tribute to hawk was chilling, my hair stood up lovely sentiment! it rocked!

Im thinking Lita and Trish are gonna lead Jericho and Christian on and them make them look like asses for Austin's benefit
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #239 on: October 23, 2003, 10:32:30 AM »

Your right..if some of those wrestlers mentioned cleared off, the show would improve immensly, well here's to hoping......

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: