Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 01:16:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228567 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 852888 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #200 on: September 28, 2003, 06:37:42 AM »

wrestling is about to pick up damn i wish al snow and the coach would keep the announcing jobs, the ladder match tomorrow is gonna be fuckin class, christian and rvd are awesome with a ladder

has anyone played Raw 2 for Xbox? this game is so kick ass, we played it for 7 hours tonight, this is the best wrestling game ever! any one played it? tell me what u think? my brother and 2 of our friends are going thru the season, its cool to set traps interfere etc i was the undisputed champ with jericho and lost both of my fuckin titles controversially, but its gonna be fun gettin em back!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #201 on: September 28, 2003, 09:40:39 AM »

I LOVE JERICHO
Scotty 2 Hotty Kicks ass!!!!
They are both lush!!  Kiss

The Undertaker is sooooooo coool!!
I used to REALLY FANCY The Rock alongsides with Jericho N' Scotty!!! Dnt no more {nice thighs tho!!}  Grin

My Fave gals are The Lovely LITA n' Trish!  peace
Oh n' stephanie is cool too! I love her character! {Daddy's little girl!} Hee Hee!! Cheesy
Some people have said i look like Steph actually, which is pretty flattering!!

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #202 on: October 04, 2003, 01:32:37 PM »

I LOVE JERICHO
Scotty 2 Hotty Kicks ass!!!!
They are both lush!!  Kiss

The Undertaker is sooooooo coool!!
I used to REALLY FANCY The Rock alongsides with Jericho N' Scotty!!! Dnt no more {nice thighs tho!!}  Grin

My Fave gals are The Lovely LITA n' Trish!  peace
Oh n' stephanie is cool too! I love her character! {Daddy's little girl!} Hee Hee!! Cheesy
Some people have said i look like Steph actually, which is pretty flattering!!

I'm a big lita fan myself havent seen her in a while though
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #203 on: October 04, 2003, 02:12:36 PM »

C.I you have GREAT TASTE dude!  ok

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #204 on: October 04, 2003, 04:37:14 PM »

C.I you have GREAT TASTE dude!  ok

Thanks
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #205 on: October 05, 2003, 09:50:15 PM »

Let me get it out, I am a huge Hart Family mark. Even the lesser harts such as Keith, I like.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2003, 09:51:37 PM by The New Fiona Apple » Logged

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #206 on: October 07, 2003, 02:37:21 PM »

Anyone see Raw monday bring me up to speed
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #207 on: October 08, 2003, 10:13:31 PM »

Raw monday was in my opinion the worst least entertaining raw ive seen in a very very long time

the night was capped off with horrible match after match, the only entertaining parts were the opening shane o mac kane where shane o mac demolished the limo running it into the 18 wheeler with kane inside, that was pretty cool even though we know kane wasnt in the limo

the jericho,christian,lance storm,stone cold angle kicked ass, the only entertaining part of the damn show, that and the tag match with jericho,christian vs lance and rvd.

u had a boring woman's match, a boring mixed tag match, a boring scott steiner vs spike dudley match, goldberg vs mark henry as the main event? cmon!!!!!!!! how shitty

ric flair and randy orton vs garrison cade and mark jindrak unbelievable this was like a fucking sunday night heat or even a sat morning show, completely horrifically WCW like unwatchable sh it! i gave up and turned on the baseball game

if raw continues like this i dont know what to say

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #208 on: October 09, 2003, 01:25:10 PM »

Wrestling doesn't seem to know how to get out of the hole its currently in....face it, its not as good as it was back in 98-99.

So

What do u think they need to do to get it back on track and 'good' again?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #209 on: October 11, 2003, 02:40:37 AM »

first thing they need to do is end the ridiculous brand extension, if all the great wrestlers were on one show it would be pretty kick ass

stop letting wrestlers be bookers and have backstage power

start being more surprising, wrestling is so predictable i can tell u whats gonna happen before it does.

stop booking the mcmahons as the top billing, havin shane o mac whip kane is one example after RVD and others have been decimated by him,

they dont build feuds up good anymore use to from top to bottom on the card their were interesting storylines, now wrestlers feud over nothing

its like pick up wrestling and feuds go on to long or not long enough

they also need to get back to alot of different factions, u use to have DX, minstry of darkness, nation of domination and it was cool, entertaining etc. they have evolution but nothin to feud with it.

so this would help fix alot of problems as to why wrestling sucks, also eliminate smackdown, that hurt wrestling cause they had to many programs on and it was just over loaded with programming and made the feuds go to quick, if they wanna have another show put the mid card up and comin guys on it. that would help tremendously!!!!!

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #210 on: October 11, 2003, 07:06:53 AM »

I agree

The brand extension was so stupid, WWE plummeted from there, just get all the good wrestlers on one show...like it used to be, i don't wanna see matches with Maven and shite like that kick out all these average wrestlers who just take up room and send them to HEAT

I think there should still be Smackdown and Raw....it allows for the storylines to develop more with 2 shows, at the mo 'feuds' last just 4 weeks and then end at the ppv...hardly enough time to get started.

There should be ONE TITLE...its absurd with 2...no one cares about it.

All the wrestlers need to be able to fight one another each week..that brand extension destroyed the tag teams cos there was no variety left.

Storylines....should be one going on for every match and the good ones should last months..even a whole year till wrestlemania...remember the famous triple h/rock feud and the 'who ran over stone cold' they were good feuds and lasted for ages.

Finally....

Get Austin wrestling...and force the Rock at gun point to come back.

and get Kane to wear his mask again..he looked cool with that.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #211 on: October 11, 2003, 07:18:00 AM »

The Rock will not comeback why risk injury when he is making millions acting and getting more fame for it to, IMO Kane is better without the mask and as for making Austin wrestle do you want the guy in a wheelchair? He can't wrestle anymore that is why he retired and nothing short of a miracle will get him back in the ring
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #212 on: October 12, 2003, 09:21:21 AM »

Just got back from seeing WWE over here in the UK at the Birmingham NEC arena....it was awesome! I couldn't belive how much better wrestling is live, hell even a clothesline seems like the coolest move ever live.

It was the Smackdown lot and it didn't disappoint, the main event was Undertaker v Brock Lesner...a fantastic match with the Undertaker kicking out of the F5 and Lesner ultimately winning using a steel chair when the ref was down.

The crowd was insane it would put any regular US crowd to shame, the roof was almost taken off when people like Kurt Angle, Undertaker and yes even Eddie Guerror entered.

I haven't really been into wrestling much lately but that really re awakened by intrest in it, what a show!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #213 on: October 14, 2003, 03:31:38 AM »

i cant believe wrestling rebounded the way it did tonight

one week after the worst Raw ever they totally redeemed themselves with a kick ass show! test and rodney mack gettin hurt was the best thing that couldve happened

instead of a ridiculously boring rodneymack/mark henry vs hbk and goldberg match we got the awesome sweet chin music from hbk to goldberg at the end of the match!

the only gripe i have is shane o mac at one time manhandling chris jericho then beating down all 4 members of jericho's team up before they finally regained control

kane was stupid! u mean to tell me he's been in the hospital for one week and they didnt wash the fuckin blood off of em? how stupid was that!

over rall a redeeming show! great to see booker t back!

America's Least Wanted
Headliner

So Damn Cool

« Reply #214 on: October 14, 2003, 11:35:48 AM »

I know it won't happen but would n't it be great if HBK beat Goldberg...........let's all pray for it Wink Smiley

I Think Sex Is Overated To!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #215 on: October 14, 2003, 02:57:25 PM »

I know it won't happen but would n't it be great if HBK beat Goldberg...........let's all pray for it Wink Smiley

Yeah good call dude let's hope HBK tunes up the band with a bit of Sweet Chin Music to knock Goldberg back to WCW yes yes
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #216 on: October 14, 2003, 03:22:43 PM »

(Fantasy mode on)An errant superkick from Shawn on next week's RAW injures and retires Goldberg...just like an errant superkick from Goldberg injured and retired Bret Hart...who was screwed by Vince/Shawn in '97...  irony...chills...(Fantasy mode off)

Actually, I'm getting to like Goldberg a little better...he seems to have improved his offense just a little.

I agree with most of D's earlier comments, but I like the brand extension.  There is too much filler on both rosters, but that's just bad booking, IMO.  Without the brand extension, we probably wouldn't have Cena getting main event opportunities, and I think Rob Conway could be a force down the line.
The idea behind the brand extension was sound, I think, insofar as it would allow some of the newer, younger talent to become stars, but the booking has screwed the pooch 90% of the time.
My take, anyway.
/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #217 on: October 14, 2003, 07:45:36 PM »

D is a secret wrestling booker, me and u would make a good team D.

The talented wrestlers on both brands dont get enuff chances.

It sux.

Raw sucked this week as well...

It seems Kevin Nash will be the bounty hunter(not on Raw) who will feud with Goldiebergie.

Goldberg has redeemed himself in my opinion that move he did on Orton in the elimination chamber was cool as fuck.

That match was booked perfectly except for HHH winning.

Do you know why he wears those stupid trunks?

To hide muscle loss.

For this company to futher itself. HHH has to die/get terribly injured or Steph dump him.

E-Hogg
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #218 on: October 16, 2003, 08:07:01 PM »

Some sad news

Stu Hart Passes Away
Story By: Matt Boone
October 16, 2003

Stu Hart, who was without a doubt one of Canada's biggest legends, passed away at 2:25 p.m. Mountain time today from complications of diabetes and pneumonia at the age of 88.

On behalf of all of us here at this website, we send our condolences out to the family and friends of Stu. Rest In Peace Stu, you'll be missed.

source: http://www.prowrestling.com/articles/news/9289.shtml
« Last Edit: October 16, 2003, 08:08:47 PM by The New Fiona Apple » Logged

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #219 on: October 16, 2003, 09:25:12 PM »

Stu's death is really sad news.  He seemed like a class act.
What a phenomenally talented family, too...
Tough couple of years for Bret.  Owen dies, Bret gets retired by Goldberg's kick, Bret has a stroke, Helen passes away, and now Stu's gone.
God bless, Bret.  God bless.

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: