Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 12:21:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 710 711 [712] 713 714 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 844919 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #14220 on: June 09, 2009, 10:04:47 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwB-Ss-R9Oc

Looks like someone needs to turn babyface and becoming a big star.

I mean his Dad said a while back he would to push the movie, but surely the clock is ticking now.

Look at all the past WWE Films.

Cena, Austin, Kane and Kennedy.  Stars.  Most people who don't watch the product now when they see that trailer wonder where the hell the Millio Dollar Man is....

And to follow up on my comment in the WWE Game Thread this is why I can't see Priceless winning the straps.  They have beaten The Colons twice, and essentially crushed them on RAW.  Admittedly depending on the release date they may have a short reign and then split.  But you can't make someone a star over night, at the moment Dibiase is still a lacky who by some miracle is a star in a new WWE Movie.  Dolph there is still hope....  Cheesy
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14221 on: June 09, 2009, 10:24:03 AM »

yeah, sometimes when someone dominates that means they lose but there are other times though they win the titles.

Why wouldn't Priceless be the tag champs? just makes too much sense. Colons have had em a while as well, u are trying to build legacy up.

also, I don't buy Dibiase being a face anytime soon. maybe this time next year but he isn't at a point where people care.

Marine II is a fucking flop before its released anyway. nobody cares about straight to dvd shit.

maybe his dad meant once people see the movie he will be a face cause people will dig him in the movie.

im sure Ted SR isn't in on booking plans.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14222 on: June 09, 2009, 10:29:22 AM »

Could someone explain to me how Cena won that submission match on sunday night? Touching the ropes usually means you have to break the submission, so by using the ropes to hook Big Shows leg surely that should instantly result in the ref breaking the hold?

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14223 on: June 09, 2009, 10:41:47 AM »

Could someone explain to me how Cena won that submission match on sunday night? Touching the ropes usually means you have to break the submission, so by using the ropes to hook Big Shows leg surely that should instantly result in the ref breaking the hold?

WWE

that is the only way I can explain it

like why have a fucking match on Raw if u aren't gonna ring the bell.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #14224 on: June 09, 2009, 11:17:28 AM »

Source: F4Wonline.com

- We're still waiting on more details regarding the WWE release of Eddie "Umaga" Fatu. For what it's worth, Umaga is telling people that he quit the company but that might not be true.

Furthermore, WWE's creative writers have received a list of Superstars that they do not need to book angles or matches for for next week's TV tapings. Apparently there's a lot more news that will be coming out this week. Word is that a few WWE talents are in the "bad doghouse" right now.

Alrighty, Does Sim Snuka:

A) Not answer his phone

B) Try and get some dirt on The Mcmahons to use against them

C) Take the firing like a man

D) Run for the hills

A combination of A and D has always been my favourite option.
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #14225 on: June 09, 2009, 02:46:50 PM »

Source: F4Wonline.com

- We're still waiting on more details regarding the WWE release of Eddie "Umaga" Fatu. For what it's worth, Umaga is telling people that he quit the company but that might not be true.

Failed Wellness Test...  Tongue

...And Batista is out for 4 months.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14226 on: June 09, 2009, 03:28:25 PM »

The attack on Batista was sick and played to be as realistic as possible

McMahon your so full of shit - no 'believable' violence, no accesible weapons (a fucking chair?!) your positively insane m8

...and Batista's decision to rush back from injury, despite it obviously being a huge risk, has proved to be.....well, the result was hardly in doubt

Quick! To the bandwagon!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #14227 on: June 09, 2009, 04:56:18 PM »

Alrighty, Does Sim Snuka:

A) Not answer his phone

It's a foolproof plan! Cheesy Like Homer Simpson once said, "You can't fire me if I can't see you!"

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14228 on: June 09, 2009, 05:56:09 PM »

Credit where credits due

This weeks Raw had me engaged for atleast 50% - which is about 58 mins longer than usual

Simple things could have made all the difference:

-Vickie ''fired'' for allowing Orton's attack
-no suspicious magic camera, rather cameramen are sent out to find Orton to demand an explanation
-Orton ''loses'' his rematch due to his acts (we didnt get it anyway!)
-Legacy takes the tag-titles (contenders? wtf?)

if your going to move beyond Attitude and Vince Russo then atleast have some internal consistency - why the hell wasn't Batista DQ'd due to Triple H's involvement in the title match??

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #14229 on: June 09, 2009, 06:55:01 PM »

Aparrently TNA are trying to bring in RVD. Gotta admit that would be a huge coup for them if he actually agrees to it, but supposedly he's been resisting there offers for about a year.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #14230 on: June 09, 2009, 09:05:48 PM »

As reported on earlier, Batista underwent surgery on his biceps today and is expected to be out of action for at least four months according to WWE. The Wrestling Observer/Figure Four Online reports that WWE might be interested in keeping him out of action slightly longer than that time frame which would put his return time to around January 2010 near the Royal Rumble PPV.

http://www.wrestleview.com/news2009/1244591716.php?style=dark

To make his return seem more eventful perhaps??

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14231 on: June 09, 2009, 09:17:55 PM »

WWE fucked up last night not having him drop the belt

please give us a tourney and a John Cena victory. that guy deserves to be champ again

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14232 on: June 10, 2009, 03:35:39 AM »

WWE fucked up last night not having him drop the belt

please give us a tourney and a John Cena victory. that guy deserves to be champ again

I never had a problem with John Cena - but the relentless attacks on him the wrestling community eventually wears down anyone

...all of his matches DO involve him getting squashed, hulking up and winning 'against the odds'

Drives me nuts!

Cena can cut a promo - but he's been very average the last year. I know he's been distracted with films but he's almost giving us Triple H levels of indifference

...and what is Cena's gimmick these days? The white rapper was intresting and made him stand out, he just seems to turn up for matches now and go home....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #14233 on: June 10, 2009, 05:11:51 AM »

Do you realise how much your WWE Game Bias is affecting your judgment?  hihi
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #14234 on: June 10, 2009, 06:58:18 AM »

I just found the Ultimate "when did this happen?" video... Shocked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NTtAVWUd_0
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14235 on: June 10, 2009, 07:01:26 AM »

Do you realise how much your WWE Game Bias is affecting your judgment?  hihi

hihi hihi hihi busted

nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #14236 on: June 10, 2009, 11:51:57 AM »

Ok, really sorry to ask this as it is probably very obvious.  I have heard mentioned on here a few times, the wellness policy/test.  Could somebody please explain to me what this is?  I have a bit of an idea but would rather be sure.  Many thanks

Don't Damn Me!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14237 on: June 10, 2009, 11:55:13 AM »

It is a test for drugs and steroids.

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #14238 on: June 10, 2009, 12:14:45 PM »

^Brought in after Eddie Guerrero died. Fail once, 30-day suspension, fail a second time, 60-day suspension, fail a third time and YYYOOOUUU'RE FIIIIRRRRED.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #14239 on: June 10, 2009, 04:45:20 PM »

Source: F4Wonline

This past weekend, some people within World Wrestling Entertainment leaked a story to PWInsider saying Batista had suffered a biceps tear. Their story was later changed to a torn tendon in his left biceps and that it was not a full fledged muscle tear. The webmaster of his official website, Demon-Wrestling.com, soon acknowledged his injury, "confirming" it as a torn tendon.

The webmaster wrote: "We originally thought Dave had a torn muscle (he's been hurt for around 2-3 weeks), but this has now been confirmed as a torn tendon."

However, the official WWE website would say differently.

According to their report concerning Batista's injury, he suffered a completely torn left biceps requiring surgery that will keep him out of action for at least four months ? not a torn tendon.

A full fledged muscle tear is much more serious than a tendon tear, so something's clearly not adding up. If he did indeed suffer a torn tendon like his official website is saying, the amount of ring time he would miss would be considerably less.

Among some of the wrestlers, there has been plenty of skepticism over the true severity of his injury. The injury supposedly occurred over three weeks ago, but he had been working television, pay-per-views, and live events without any sort of tape on his arm whatsoever, let alone showing any signs of an injury. If the biceps tear was serious, and people within WWE are claiming it was serious enough for him to get surgery two days after his championship victory, it would certainly have been taped up. If the injury was not serious enough to require tape, one would think there would be no need for surgery.

Even partially torn biceps injuries are taped up, but considering WWE is saying he suffered a full fledged muscle tear, it makes the severity of his injury all the more suspicious.

At Monday's Raw in Lafayette‎, the wrestlers were told his injury was legitimate and he was having surgery the next day. However, the talk among wrestlers in the locker room is that his injury angle on Raw was a cover-up to have him avoid being suspended due to a violation of the company's drug testing policy.

For what it's worth, Monday's show was re-written several times during the day and the creative team was given a list of wrestlers not to use for the foreseeable future prior to show time as a result of drug testing held earlier in the day and at shows over the weekend.

WWE covering up a drug test failure with an injury would certainly be a major change of philosophy on how they handle their drug testing policy, and while things appear fishy, right now there is no concrete evidence indicating that has happened.

The plot thickens....
Pages: 1 ... 710 711 [712] 713 714 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: