Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 06:35:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228540 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 836438 times)
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #14100 on: May 23, 2009, 09:52:00 PM »

I remember watching that ppv when they where talking and promoting the next and they cut back to a ring full of refs and backstage crew.  at the time u didn't know exactly how serious it was.  it was a sad moment as owen was playing that fricken blue blazer gimmick mocking being a super hero and crap and we are talking about the best technical wrestler in the company at the time.  I can't say I was his biggest fan. but I did love his heel roles and enjoyed him in the ring. from his days as a tag champ with yoko to his slammy winning awards and carring them to the ring.  I think my fav owen moments include his WM opening victory over bret. his Survivor series match with 4 hart brothers against the kings team and my fav moment was getting his mom to throw the towel in on bret against bob backlund after davey was knocked out and how he celebrated afterwards.  worst thing was the night after on raw where stone cold was slamming beers for owen. I know he was still pissed about owen piledriving him but I thought owen deserved a better tribute show.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #14101 on: May 24, 2009, 06:18:33 AM »

For those who keep track of these statistical tidbits, ECW had 24 minutes and 37 seconds of in-ring wrestling action on their one-hour show this week as compared to 17 minutes and 49 seconds of in-ring wrestling action in the two-hour TNA iMPACT! show.

haha. Good little tidbit.

I'll play devils advocate though and think like Izzy & D.... they'll say its quality not quantity that matters (there will have to be some excuse). I enjoyed ECW this week though. Good show.

Gotta get those Tag Team titles defended once a month whether its on PPV or one of the 3 shows. Just let them defend it. I like the way WWE is sorting their titles out.

I mean MVP & Rey as second tier title holders. Christian / Swagger / Dreamer / Koslov in the ECW mix. Guys like Morrison, Punk & Matt Hardy on the rise. A good mix of comedy with guys like Santino & Miz who i find funny. And there are guys like HHH, HBK, Taker all to come back. If they can sort their Tag division out then it will be right on track for me.

I still think WWE lacks that massive star like Bret, Austin or The Rock, but you can only work with what you have. And i think their are signs of quality coming through especially on SD & ECW.

It will be interesting to compare WM this year to next years because i think WWE has layed a good foundation for an exciting year.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14102 on: May 24, 2009, 07:11:44 AM »

For those who keep track of these statistical tidbits, ECW had 24 minutes and 37 seconds of in-ring wrestling action on their one-hour show this week as compared to 17 minutes and 49 seconds of in-ring wrestling action in the two-hour TNA iMPACT! show.

Ah yes - a WWE match!

'oh no i've been slapped - better collapse in the corner for a few mins'

'help, i'm tired - qiuck, go for the 5 min sleeper hold!'

With TNA its TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION - the matches are at an incredible pace, its what you do in the time that matters, hell we saw a chokeslam from MCM!

That aside, TNA has been very strange the last few weeks - Foley fighting a cardboard cut out? (hell, i loved it - it was pure Russo) but while I liked it i did wonder what this was doing for new fans...and there is a locker room full of talent that they could have used

Last month or two its been hard to argue TNA hasnt become the private club of former WCW champions with a few sparring partners invited along

Angle beats Morgan - why? Why not give Morgan the rub? Work it into the story - Angle's impressed (hell, he could explain the loss by saying he wasnt expecting anything from Morgan). Angle is too huge now to be damaged by the odd loss and it would have instantly turned Morgan into a contender

Sting crushing Eric Young - have a DQ, a MEM save instead

TNA just isnt giving the chances to the young guys - the MEM can just cheat their way through, they dont need the clean wins

...and I think Jef Jarrett is sensational in the ring and on the mike, but putting himself in the title match - thats pure egotism. I love his matches - but this seems less to do with entertainment and more to do with Double J....

It will be a superb main event at Sacrifice - but the rest of the card seems cobbled together. Nash v Joe?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #14103 on: May 24, 2009, 02:27:25 PM »

Ah yes - a WWE match!

'oh no i've been slapped - better collapse in the corner for a few mins'

'help, i'm tired - qiuck, go for the 5 min sleeper hold!'

With TNA its TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION - the matches are at an incredible pace, its what you do in the time that matters, hell we saw a chokeslam from MCM!

Dude, you REALLY need to get over yourself. I know the answer to this question but humour me, have you even watched ECW or SD lately? Thought not. ECW is the most consistantly good wrestling show around these days that ALWAYS has great matches on which doesn't bury any talent. Matches like Christian/Burchill, Kidd/Finlay, Smith/Finlay, Bourne/Kidd, Dreamer/Christian amongst others in recent weeks have just been great to watch and have had a completely fresh feel towards them and that goes for SD aswell, anyone who hasn't been impressed by Ziggler is clearly lying. Just the amount of great talent and great matches happening in SD & ECW lately are great for wrestling and has certainly helped revive my interest in the product.

I give TNA credit were its due, I enjoy alot of the matches but they just try too hard in each and every match to just be something different when it is not needed in most cases. And as you so rightly say they need to be making new stars not squashing them in favour of stars who are already over and would not be hurt by the loss. It's just bad for business and they longer it takes them to realise the more it will hurt them in the long run.

As Hammy said last week, Raw is definatly getting pretty awful now. Just not general direction and pretty predictable stuff to the extent where instead of looking forward to every monday night at 2am, I just either record it or just skip few some of the obvious matches.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14104 on: May 24, 2009, 02:56:27 PM »

I am visiting family in Kentucky and we get SD here. I definitely wish it were on Monday Night as it was still a pretty damn good show.

Raw has become unwatchable almost however.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14105 on: May 24, 2009, 04:04:40 PM »

I know the answer to this question but humour me, have you even watched ECW or SD lately? Thought not.

I saw both live not one month ago!

I havent missed an ep of Smackdown in close to a year

...though i refuse to watch Extremely Crap Wrestling (chortle, chortle). It certainly has some fine wrestling and some fine wrestlers, but its just 'HEAT' - i dont have THAT much free time on my hands

there is nothing on the line in any ECW matches - they dont even appear on the PPV's - if WWE doesnt care about the show, then why the hell should I?

...and i'm not sure Raw is any better or worse than Smackdown. Sure, Smackdown has better wrestlers and some of them can do some fine moves - but its just RAW-lite, you know it and I know it - WWE doesnt care about that show and if its good then WWE certainly didnt plan it

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #14106 on: May 24, 2009, 06:27:02 PM »

I have to agree with many here that Raw is piss poor these days. It used to be that I loved Raw and had to fast forward through every episode of Smackdown but now it's the other way around. It's no wonder Shawn Michaels wants more time off and doesn't want to come back until around xmas time. There's nobody fresh on Raw he could work with anyways.

Smackdown and ECW are defnitely the superior shows. Good wrestling, with a mix of veterans and new guys. And with no Orton, HHH, Batista, Big Show, and Legacy on the show you actually have an interest in the young guys they're trying to get over such as Ziggler and Morrison, who are great to watch. Infact, the only guy that I can't stand watching on Smackdown is Shad.  Tongue

As for ECW, never really watched it before but began watching it when Christian returned, and love watching guys like him Dreamer, and Finlay, fueding with the likes of the Swagger, the new Hart Foundation, Bourne, and Burchill. You get the sense that they genuinely have passion for what they do, as they have their own politic free show to propell their careers.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #14107 on: May 26, 2009, 02:22:03 AM »

some of my pictures.

Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #14108 on: May 26, 2009, 04:04:15 AM »

some of my pictures.

Ooh, lucky. Any good ones of Lilian Garcia?  Tongue

I'm going to another Smackdown/ECW house show in November, 3rd Row, aisle seats, yeah!  Cheesy

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #14109 on: May 26, 2009, 04:16:17 AM »

no good ones of Lilian  Undecided i have some of when she's in the ring but they are not that clear and are kinda dark. the dark match after Raw was Miz vs Cena. i recorded 5 minuets of it then my camera ran out of storage so i didn't get the whole thing. i left a few minuets after my camera got full but its pretty obvious who was going to win that match.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #14110 on: May 26, 2009, 07:12:01 AM »

no good ones of Lilian  Undecided i have some of when she's in the ring but they are not that clear and are kinda dark. the dark match after Raw was Miz vs Cena. i recorded 5 minuets of it then my camera ran out of storage so i didn't get the whole thing. i left a few minuets after my camera got full but its pretty obvious who was going to win that match.

you damn bootlegger!!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14111 on: May 26, 2009, 01:34:56 PM »

The XBA? Lmao! Atleast Vince can laugh at himself

...strange however that he's out making puerile jokes when he's trying to be more Disney than Disney....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14112 on: May 26, 2009, 03:17:09 PM »

Flair has been taking some fuckin roids

did u see him last night!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #14113 on: May 26, 2009, 05:18:21 PM »

Flair has been taking some fuckin roids

did u see him last night!
He's not wrestling again is he??  I think the bloke's probably lost since retiring.  Wrestlers seem to be unable to adjust to reality after they finish.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #14114 on: May 26, 2009, 05:20:57 PM »

Just dl'd the latest (May) version of EWR.  The problem I have is that I can't take it seriously and seem to sabotage any company I control!  The temptation to hire Lex was too much so I overused him in my first TNA Impact.  I've removed the two big stables and replaced them with a couple of smaller ones.  But all I end up doing is making a few zany angles, matches and a few half-arsed ones involving whoever I happen to click on in the list!

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #14115 on: May 26, 2009, 05:27:25 PM »

According to a new report by PWInsider, Mr. Kennedy (Ken Kennedy) suffered some kind of a wrist injury during his return to the ring on last night's WWE Monday Night Raw in Los Angeles after taking an RKO from Randy Orton in the main event. Kennedy immediately rolled out of the ring after taking the move and began holding his wrist. He was spotted pulling his arm away when the referee attempted to raise it at the end of the main event. It remains to be seen how serious the injury is, but as of this morning it wasn't believed to be serious enough for him to miss any ring time.

http://www.wrestleview.com/news2009/1243367020.php

Wow. Somewhere, even Kevin Nash is thinking "you need to retire, dude".

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #14116 on: May 26, 2009, 06:36:41 PM »

you damn bootlegger!!

want to trade for your rare gnr dvds  hihi you'll get 5 minuets of the miz beating on cena which will be great to watch  rofl
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #14117 on: May 27, 2009, 02:56:01 PM »

Pwinsider is reporting that Sep PPV Unforgiven is now going to be an all submission PPV, Breaking Point.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #14118 on: May 27, 2009, 03:54:39 PM »

Pwinsider is reporting that Sep PPV Unforgiven is now going to be an all submission PPV, Breaking Point.

That's quite random. Why Submission Matches??

Seems the WWE have so many PPVs, they're trying to make some stand out....

Apparently, The Great American Bash is no more, and shall henceforth be known simply as..... The Bash~! I hadn't heard of this before.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #14119 on: May 27, 2009, 09:45:11 PM »

That's quite random. Why Submission Matches??

Seems the WWE have so many PPVs, they're trying to make some stand out....

Apparently, The Great American Bash is no more, and shall henceforth be known simply as..... The Bash~! I hadn't heard of this before.

I think they are trying to capatalize on the UFC audience. UFC's PPVS kill WWE now in buyrate but in fairness it is a legit sport.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: