Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 03:30:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228536 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 702 703 [704] 705 706 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 836080 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14060 on: May 19, 2009, 01:46:55 PM »

this morning on Espn  Vince McMahon called WWE    World Wrestling Federation

Man that sounds so much fucking better than World Wrestling Entertainment.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #14061 on: May 19, 2009, 03:22:24 PM »

Jeff Nero Hardy should be champ even though he doesn't need the belt. He is by far the most over guy in WWE.

Excuse me for being a bit slow but could someone explain what the "most over guy" means. Apologies for my lack of knowledge  Embarrassed

Don't Damn Me!!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14062 on: May 19, 2009, 03:43:14 PM »

this morning on Espn  Vince McMahon called WWE    World Wrestling Federation

Man that sounds so much fucking better than World Wrestling Entertainment.

Its weird - but i'm so used to World Wrestling Entertainment that 'Federation' now sounds strange

Damnit - WWE is allowed to use the name World Wrestling Federation, they just cant use the Attitude 'WWF' logo

Buy it from that stupid tree hugging charity - they can call themselves anything!

....why is Flair back every week? ...and why do they mention Evolution every week? Move on you bastards!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14063 on: May 19, 2009, 03:59:16 PM »

I heard that if the RAW main event isnt a 6 person tag match every week that the world ends?

Can anyone confirm this?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #14064 on: May 19, 2009, 05:07:36 PM »

I heard that if the RAW main event isnt a 6 person tag match every week that the world ends?

Can anyone confirm this?
Well since it was a 3-on-2 handicap match last night.

A 1-on-1 match last week.

And a 3-on-1 handicap match the week before that.

And a 1-on-1 match the week before that.

And the week before that, 1-on-1 again.... Roll Eyes

Jeff Nero Hardy should be champ even though he doesn't need the belt. He is by far the most over guy in WWE.

Excuse me for being a bit slow but could someone explain what the "most over guy" means. Apologies for my lack of knowledge  Embarrassed
Just a popularity thing.  He is the most popular guy with the fans.

Everyone strives to get their gimmick "Over" with the fans.  They have to get a reaction.  Its not limited to babyfaces, heels like Orton and Edge need to be "Over", in the sense they get boo'd and people want to see them loose, they get a reaction.

Someone who was never over - Rob Conway, hence, the IWC coined phrase "The Conway Pop", when a wrestler gets zero reaction, because the fans just don't care.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 05:12:14 PM by Hammy » Logged
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #14065 on: May 19, 2009, 05:12:41 PM »

Over means well liked/fan favourite, but it can also be used for Heels (aka bad guys) meaning if they get alot of boo's.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #14066 on: May 19, 2009, 05:18:03 PM »

Can anyone confirm this?

Same Crap a different day.

Man you need a hobby or something. Comes off a little sad no

On another note i just wanna say how much i enjoyed Jericho vs Rey at Judgement day. Really good match with a suprisngly clean finish. Jeff vs Edge was nice too.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #14067 on: May 19, 2009, 05:38:53 PM »

^ Agreed, they were two really good matches. Can't wait to see Superstars sounds damn good matches so far, Kofi vs Regal & Punk vs Jericho. Jericho just seems to be able to have a great match with anyone, similar to HBK.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #14068 on: May 19, 2009, 07:35:31 PM »

RAW is definately stale at the moment.  And the positive to that is, because most of the guys I don't like are on there, so I can enjoy ECW and Smackdown knowing they are Cena/Big Show/Triple H/Batista free.  Its no coincidence that the 2 weakest matches at Judgment Day were the RAW ones.  Smackdown and ECW have most of the quality in-ring guys, and I feel the creative team over there cares less about the bullshit segments.  While Miz is spending his week cutting bad promo after bad promo (despite actually having good promo skills), Morrison is having great matches.  I really liked the end of last weeks shows with all 6 guys battling as the show went off the air.  Hart Trilogy on ECW also has loads of potential.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #14069 on: May 20, 2009, 02:59:48 AM »

Just watched Judgement Day and overall I thought it was bad. Only the Edge/hardy match and Jericho/Mysterio match were quality matches. The rest ranged from average..The Shelton/Nitro match..though i do give props for Nitros new finisher..it does look kool. To total crap, Batista/Orton and Cena/Big Show. Fuck those matches werre boring.

It does seem like a miracle that Edge actually held on to the belt, considering how weak they make him look sometimes. You all know by now that I love pretty much everything Edge does but damnit I think they can make him look a little stronger. After doing so well in his role over the last few years he deserves a strong, long, title reign.

I'm going to a smackdown/ecw house show soon and can't wait to see Edge live again. He better fuckin be there.  hihi

And though I agree with Hammy that miz's promo should of been on raw, I still found it pretty funny. He's good on the mic and I thought cut a good promo. He had me laughing pretty hard and Santino was good too. Should of done it on a Raw, but it was a good promo none the less.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14070 on: May 20, 2009, 05:02:53 PM »

Can anyone confirm this?

A little sad? I have 9000 posts on a GNR website! I'm in a forum about wrestling!

...do I sound like someone that cares about your opinion? If so, what am i doing wrong?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14071 on: May 20, 2009, 05:22:38 PM »

Extreme Rules card

- Samoan Strap Match: Umaga vs. CM Punk
- Submission Match: The Big Show vs. John Cena
- No Holds Barred IC Title Match: Rey Mysterio ? vs. Chris Jericho
- World Title Ladder Match: Edge ? vs. Jeff Hardy
- Steel Cage WWE Title Match: Randy Orton ? vs. Batista

The ladder match should be intresting

...but the rest looks uninspired (and nothing we wouldnt get for free on RAW)

The Cena submission match is a total cop out - he'd win a regular match by submission - it would be like putting Bret Hart in a submission match, it wouldnt be anything different!!

...and Punk wins vs Umaga FYI

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #14072 on: May 20, 2009, 06:06:57 PM »

Can anyone confirm this?

A little sad? I have 9000 posts on a GNR website! I'm in a forum about wrestling!

...do I sound like someone that cares about your opinion? If so, what am i doing wrong?

Never said you'd care. Its clear you don't. Just saying for all the good wrestling talk you give, you give a lot of post that are the same old crap. We get you don't like WWE and prefer TNA. Its of no importance to continually remind us with posts like the above coz they serve no purpose to wrestling discussion.

Unless of course you really think the world will end if RAW doesn't have a 6 man tag match, in which case. You need to seek help.

Anywho.... I watched Judgemnt day again and i think it was ok. Personally i found the Miz bit funny... although i'd agree that it could of took place on RAW. I think on second view there was 4 solid matches. Christian vs Swagger, Morrsion vs Shelton (morrison really looking the part recently), Rey vs Y2J & Edge vs Hardy.

My complaints are that MVP & Matt Hardy were not on the show. And if WWE don't kick start their tag division then by the time they try and re-launch it no one will care.... if any do now.

I'm also interested in the TNA main event and the stips that attached. Many would assume that Foley loses coz his stip is easy. But it'll be interesting to see who gets pinned if TNA pull a swerve and Keep the title on Foley

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #14073 on: May 20, 2009, 06:12:25 PM »

hang on izzy submission matchs are normaly for people that use a submission as there finnish hence Benoit and Angles

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #14074 on: May 20, 2009, 06:24:45 PM »

But when only one guy has a proper submission move, and I use the term loosely and Big Show has now developed one over night.  Obviously it was planned before the last PPV, and they used Judgment Day to build up the idea that Cena couldn't get his submission hold on him.  And then for people new to wrestling, youngsters, none smarks etc. It uses the same basic concept of Hogan vs Andre (How can he win he can't slam him etc.)

Well on the Tag Division subject, "Hopefully" this angle with The Brian Kendrick leads to him finding a "Perfect" partner and creating a new decent team.

And I swear every week since the draft they have said "The Colons as Unified Tag Champions may be RAW superstars but they can show up on any brand".  They seem to repeat this over and over yet we have never seen them show up elsewhere.  With WGTT, Cryme Tyme and now Hart Trilogy they should have them showing up.  The ability for them to jump shows should lead to a big PPV bout.  You could have a great cross branded Gauntlet Tag, or Elimination match with some really good combinations.  Speaking of the Hart Trilogy, why in the blue hell did they remix the classic Hart theme, just use the original dammit!

On the subject of TNA, what's the deal with Lashley has he signed yet?  I'm sure I read one report saying he did have a deal and another saying they hadn't sorted things yet.

Who gets the duke in the Tag Tournament Finals.  Beer Money or British Invasion?  I don't know why but I sense a Beer Money face turn sooner rather than later.  Possibly British Invasion win the Tourny, take out Team 3D then feud with a newly turned Beer Money over the straps.

Oh and on a side note I've always found it amusing how they change the title of gimmick matches to make them seem different, a Samoan Strap Match?  Belfast Street Fight?  And they differ from regular strap and street fights how?  I suppose it makes them sound better, and when your a kid you do fall for that stuff.  If I'd known about WCW's 3 Ring, 60 Man Battle Royal as a kid I'd of been blown away, shame the concept actually sucks.  Cheesy

As for Judgment Day, I'm more than happy to see gimmick follow-ups to the Jericho/Mysterio and Hardy/Edge bouts.  Punk and Umaga should be alright, the other two do seem a bit meh though.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #14075 on: May 20, 2009, 07:57:18 PM »

hahah yes. Raw will be in Los Angeles next week Cheesy  smoking
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14076 on: May 20, 2009, 08:45:15 PM »

For the first time in a long time Vince is fucking pissed off

Look for next week's Raw in LA to have EVERY FUCKING BODY

Id be shocked if The Rock didn't show up.

He is going head to head with the Laker/Nugget playoff game and If u saw him on Sportscenter tonight. He seemed pissed.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #14077 on: May 20, 2009, 10:07:58 PM »

ill be looking forward to the 5 on 5 match next week. hopefully the special guest is somebody good and it better not be triple h.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 10:10:45 PM by w.axl.rose » Logged
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #14078 on: May 20, 2009, 11:06:13 PM »

got floor tickets Cheesy hopefully seat 1 is next to the rail and not the other end
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #14079 on: May 21, 2009, 12:08:29 PM »

I've cracked open a new post-draft edition of EWR Revenge for the banter. So far I've revived the Cruiserweight title for ECW, signed Jerry Lynn and D'Lo Brown for the same show and The Brian Kendrick is getting a push.
Post draft edition you say?  A new update out there then?

My current game is in the shitter.  After about two years of TNA domination things have slumped.  Public Image is down from 100% to 59%.  Main Event Star (100 Overness) and Angle Family member Jimmy Rave got a knee injury putting him on the shelf for 16 months, 2 days later Judas Mesias got the exact same injury.  To make matters worse Rave had won the Tag Titles with Kurt Angle a day prior to the injury.  TNA Thunder has been cancelled after ratings slipped from 7.0's to 4.0's leaving only one tv show on each week, and with Randy Orton, Umaga and Jeff Hardy joining the company soon thats not good.  Sad  Thankfully the USA Network cancelled RAW so I'm hoping to get Thunder on there, and Smackdown got cancelled to  Cheesy  Although they still have ECW and "WWE Sunday".

Champion-wise I have:

TNA World Champ: AJ Styles
TNA Tag Champs: Angle & Rave
TNA European Champ: Rob Van Dam
TNA TV Champ: Johnny Devine
TNA X-Division Champ: Chris Sabin.

And the one bit of good recent news, Samoa Joe is out of rehab, but with morale 11 I had to sign about 5 of his jobber friends from the Indies to make him happy  no
Pages: 1 ... 702 703 [704] 705 706 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: