Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 03:29:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228536 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 701 702 [703] 704 705 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 836069 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #14040 on: May 15, 2009, 07:09:57 AM »

You had the short lived Union stable (Don't ask).  The Ministry who feuded with The Corporation and then Shane Mcmahon went over to the darkside and merged the groups and they became the Corporate Ministry and they had some higher power, at the time Vince had been a babyface and had asked for Austin's help after Steph was kidnapped, but then the higher power was revealed to be Vince (which was a let down), although his maniac face and the "It was me Austin, it was me all along" bit was classic. 

For those who can't remember:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6XdcJjP5JE

amazing moment in wrestling history

The crowd were superb - though i remember them being superb year after year after year

...its only now you wonder if there is even a crowd in attendance...

Rates right up there with this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H76DwHgOwpA
That was classic.  When I saw it recently it was the turner video rip.  They actually edited out a fat guy rushing the ring and getting kicked in the head by Nash.  hihi

Quality how they are selling things on the current Nitro I'm watching.  Benoit is crying backstage, Heenan has walked out.  And on top of it all, with what we have become used to (hardcore wise), its weird seeing guys carted off in Ambulances after a baseball bat shot or two.  Oh and Savage jumping on top of a limo as it speeds off, sweet  Cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9ghpTsAueI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD5jToxnQ80&feature=related
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14041 on: May 15, 2009, 02:07:50 PM »

Sigh - those were moments that left you stunned and amazed

...and lord knows its been years since we had one of them

Quick! To the bandwagon!
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #14042 on: May 15, 2009, 02:47:33 PM »

Sigh - those were moments that left you stunned and amazed

...and lord knows its been years since we had one of them
Don't you find it amazing when John Cena is made champion?!

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #14043 on: May 15, 2009, 02:55:08 PM »

Looking at those videos makes me think of something I've just been reading in Bischoff's book.  He talks about the way the bosses basically wanted to water WCW down and make it family friendly.  It caused a lot of damage to WCW.  I expect it's causing a lot of people who regularly watched RAW for the past ten or more years to turn off as well.

The thing with WWE is that it used to be on top and be successful with the family friendly style, and they did it well back in the days of Hogan, Savage and Ultimate Warrior.  But now they seem to be trying to get back to that but can't leave behind the attitude.  The attitude has diminished significantly but the family friendly side of it isn't being done properly either.  You can't have Trips battering people with hammers one minute and then having some cheesy bloke like Kofi Kingston or John Cena the next.  It's inconsistent.

As for the commentary, JR's basically perished and needs to stop (and I'm a huge JR fan) and I don't really like what's left over.  The commentators sound bored and like they don't really believe in what they're talking about.  You can tell they're making themselves excited, and although we all know that's what they always did do, they need to be given something to go on.  You can tell they just don't believe in what they're supposed to be promoting, it really comes accross to me as a viewer.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #14044 on: May 16, 2009, 08:12:10 AM »

Anyone here in the UK see the "Judgement Day" preview on Sky Box Office?

It opens with a clip of "The Undertaker" and a voice over proclaiming it the best value for entertainment..  Lips Sealed
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14045 on: May 16, 2009, 01:25:32 PM »

Looking at those videos makes me think of something I've just been reading in Bischoff's book.  He talks about the way the bosses basically wanted to water WCW down and make it family friendly.  It caused a lot of damage to WCW.  I expect it's causing a lot of people who regularly watched RAW for the past ten or more years to turn off as well.

The thing with WWE is that it used to be on top and be successful with the family friendly style, and they did it well back in the days of Hogan, Savage and Ultimate Warrior.  But now they seem to be trying to get back to that but can't leave behind the attitude.  The attitude has diminished significantly but the family friendly side of it isn't being done properly either.  You can't have Trips battering people with hammers one minute and then having some cheesy bloke like Kofi Kingston or John Cena the next.  It's inconsistent.

As for the commentary, JR's basically perished and needs to stop (and I'm a huge JR fan) and I don't really like what's left over.  The commentators sound bored and like they don't really believe in what they're talking about.  You can tell they're making themselves excited, and although we all know that's what they always did do, they need to be given something to go on.  You can tell they just don't believe in what they're supposed to be promoting, it really comes accross to me as a viewer.

Exactly

Exactly

WWF managed huge ratings - but very little money

WWE manages the money better but with awful ratings

...its almost as if they now believe.....it doesnt actually matter if anyone is watching...

Perhaps it no longer does

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14046 on: May 16, 2009, 05:24:49 PM »

Judgement day is one of the few PPV's us Brits have to pay for

...while I be paying for it? Hell no!

..and why would anyone?

What are we getting that we dont get for free on Raw?

PPV's just get lazier and lazier - atleast give us an intresting gimmick match...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14047 on: May 16, 2009, 05:29:28 PM »

TNA

'I'm still convinced its Daniels in the Suicide costume - but who the hell is this guy impersonating Daniels?''

'Your such an idiot'

I havent laughed so hard in ages

edit:

I cant help but think Mick Foley beating up Jarrett while a superb angle (cant wait to see how this plays out) could have been done better

...it was in the end, your typical backstage malarky, but ha dbeen built up as being something more

I think they missed a trick there - they had a perfect opportunity to do something amazing - hurl Jarrett off the top of the Chrysler building etc ( hihi)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 06:22:06 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Evolution
« Reply #14048 on: May 16, 2009, 06:44:37 PM »

I've cracked open a new post-draft edition of EWR Revenge for the banter. So far I've revived the Cruiserweight title for ECW, signed Jerry Lynn and D'Lo Brown for the same show and The Brian Kendrick is getting a push.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14049 on: May 17, 2009, 12:03:11 AM »

U know, I always felt that bobby heenan blew it at Bash At the Beach

hogan was coming down and he should've done like Schivaone and really sold Hogan as the good guy coming to take them out.

Heenan saying "but what side is he on, kind of dampered some of the shock. not all, but he kind of made u at least think it was possible whereas before u were completely conviced hogan would take the NWO out.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14050 on: May 17, 2009, 12:06:33 AM »

Of Course wrestling is scripted but back in the Attitude Era it didn't feel scripted

now days, u are correct, everything is just so unconvincing. the announcers no longer have that fire in their voice.

emergency
« Reply #14051 on: May 17, 2009, 12:17:54 AM »

wikpedia

Suicide Frank Gerdelman TNA X Division Champion[56]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_(character)
also sucuide

Christopher Daniels Daniel Covell [15]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_(character)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #14052 on: May 18, 2009, 01:21:51 PM »

I enjoyed last nights show.

Morrison and Benjamin had a really good match, Morrison really is going to be a massive star if given the chance.  Moonlight Drive, Starship Pain, 450 Splash to the Outside, If this was '96/'97 and some company was raping WWE of all their has-beens and been at the top for too long guys, Morrison would shoot to the top.

Punk vs Umaga was alright.  Solid match, nothing special, I realise the need to build Umaga up again as a monster heel, but beating Punk, clean, I'll reserve judgement for now, I expect a rematch or two and Punk ultimately triumphing.

The fans were pro-Jericho and with good reason, the guy is great and he had a very good match with Mysterio with some good near falls, I was pleasantly surprised with the clean loss.

ECW Title bout was a good match and obviously a continuation in the Christian vs Swagger feud rather than the last match of it, Christian once again made Swagger look dumber than Batista.

I didn't like The Miz/Santino Marella segment, just felt pointless and some crap you would get on RAW.  And considering the show finished 15 minutes to the hour, we could of had another match rather than this segment.

Big Show vs. John Cena was the pits.  It was your usual by the numbers John Cena match.  He gets his ass kicked for nearly all of it, hulks up and out of nowhere wins.

Randy Orton and Batista was alright but the Orton getting himself disqualified routine has been done to death.

Edge vs. Jeff Hardy was a really good way to finish the show, but unfortunately Punk didn't come out at the end, so I was kind of gutted by that.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14053 on: May 18, 2009, 03:35:46 PM »

Extreme Rules next - the first PG extreme rules

...will be intresting to see whether they...relapse...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #14054 on: May 18, 2009, 04:24:17 PM »

-- World Wrestling Entertainment sent out a survey through their mailing list today asking fans to respond to questions regarding the name of a future pay-per-view event that would feature submission matches "for all main events on the card."

The potential names for the event are:

* WWE Breaking Point
* WWE Submission Sunday
* WWE Submit & Quit
* WWE Total Submission

Source: www.PWInsider.com
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #14055 on: May 18, 2009, 05:20:26 PM »

I didn't like The Miz/Santino Marella segment, just felt pointless and some crap you would get on RAW.  And considering the show finished 15 minutes to the hour, we could of had another match rather than this segment.

I know it didn't really serve any purpose but I laughed at the "you sound like a bunch of ducks" and "you're a jackass!" comments. hihi

For anyone who didn't see it, they probably sounded funnier when they were said as opposed to me typing them...

EDIT: Plus, Edge made it from one PPV to another without losing the title! Shocked Tongue

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #14056 on: May 18, 2009, 07:05:23 PM »

I know it didn't really serve any purpose but I laughed at the "you sound like a bunch of ducks" and "you're a jackass!" comments. hihi

For anyone who didn't see it, they probably sounded funnier when they were said as opposed to me typing them...

EDIT: Plus, Edge made it from one PPV to another without losing the title! Shocked Tongue

Jeff Nero Hardy should be champ even though he doesn't need the belt. He is by far the most over guy in WWE.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #14057 on: May 18, 2009, 08:42:48 PM »

-- World Wrestling Entertainment sent out a survey through their mailing list today asking fans to respond to questions regarding the name of a future pay-per-view event that would feature submission matches "for all main events on the card."

The potential names for the event are:

* WWE Breaking Point
* WWE Submission Sunday
* WWE Submit & Quit
* WWE Total Submission

Source: www.PWInsider.com
Well if one had to be chosen.  Breaking Point, the other 3 are awful.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14058 on: May 18, 2009, 08:53:00 PM »

Just like the WWE, all of them suck

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14059 on: May 18, 2009, 11:56:01 PM »

Watched most of raw, Turned it over to one of those shitty VH1 shows during the Santina shit and forgot to turn it back on for the main event.

oh well

Pages: 1 ... 701 702 [703] 704 705 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: