Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 11:43:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228534 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 835355 times)
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13980 on: May 10, 2009, 01:07:36 PM »

Bravo is probably the only channel that is worse for adverts than Sky Sports. Seem to last a lifetime.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #13981 on: May 10, 2009, 01:10:25 PM »

Bravo is probably the only channel that is worse for adverts than Sky Sports. Seem to last a lifetime.

Try the Sports coverage on ITV, coming from a Liverpool fan...  hihi
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13982 on: May 10, 2009, 01:12:28 PM »

Try the Sports coverage on ITV, coming from a Liverpool fan...  hihi

Now you've gotta see the hilarity of it from a non-Liverpool fan  hihi

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13983 on: May 10, 2009, 01:16:37 PM »

Lol

We all have these tales of how we watched wrestling in the past

Not sure about you yanks, but in the UK getting hold of wrestling has historically been tough!

I saw a bit of WCW on a channel (TNT) that seemed to come and go, and seemed to cut out exactly halfway through NITRO

WWF has always been hidden away on a channel that costs a fortune - as a kid I borrowed VHS tapes, went round friends houses and bought stuff just to watch it

...maybe that was the fun....maybe its too easy now (though i now pay a fortune for the channels that screen WWE...)

...always thought WCW and WWF had an entire market in the UK they were utterly clueless in exploiting....

We've been so dedicated to wrestling - we deserve to be rewarded with quality programming

oh come on didn't vince creat the european championship and throw it on the british bulldog for the uk fans.  I think he had big ideas for world dominance. 
If that was his best attempt I'd suggest he try again.

Jobbing Bulldog out of the belt over here and never giving it back to him, the belt although entertaining afterwards may as well of been called the US Title or the TV Title, it had no significance over here.

And aside from One Night Only, the UK PPVs were awful, nothing more than glorified house shows for us on PPV, and considering we got Rumble, Mania, Summerslam etc. free there was no incentive to buy.

And if he wanted to generate some fanfare over here maybe he could form a UK Stable.  Burchill and DJ Gabriel are going nowhere, put with Regal they would be a good stable.

I like the look of the TNA one, Magnus can cut decent promos, Williams can wrestle and the other one has the bodybuilder freak look, it works, they make up for each others shortcomings, heck if WWE release Burch and Gabriel this year as expected they have a ready made home in TNA for them.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, try and watch the Superstars bout between Jericho and Morrison, nice little match, although stuff like this annoys me, they bill it as a 1st time ever match and give it away on tv and put the guys in other feuds, shame!  These 2 need a decent sized PPV battle.  I am guessing they are going that way later in the year.  Morrison goes over Benjamin, Jericho goes over Mysterio and then they have a feud and Ladder Match at Summerslam (I hope).

Adverts you say?  With SkyPlus I can't remember the last time I saw an advert.  The only things I tend to watch "Live" like WWE PPVs have no commercials anyway....
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #13984 on: May 10, 2009, 03:05:20 PM »

Hammy:
I know girls who let us just say umm, happen to know where the wrestlers are, what hotels they stay at, what time they fly in,etc. There were only like ten marks at the airport. I am also friends with the guy who runs http://www.reelwrestling.com
It is like TMZ but with wrestlers. Check out the Matt Hardy video on the front page. You can see me walking around! Complete with my GNR hat and shirt.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13985 on: May 10, 2009, 03:45:52 PM »

Awesome man! Geez, I bet theres no missing the Big Show at any public place.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #13986 on: May 10, 2009, 03:51:53 PM »

Awesome man! Geez, I bet theres no missing the Big Show at any public place.
No,there isn't. Even though my eyes are closed and he's looking elsewhere I like the pic. Dude came down the escaltor to about ten marks. Some marks even had Chairs and giant Mania posters for him to sign. Show was like are you guys gonna talk or just stare? LOL.
I think Show travels in his own bus now like HHH and Steph do with the kids.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 03:57:34 PM by RancidPunx » Logged

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #13987 on: May 10, 2009, 04:13:21 PM »

a uk stable in wwe heck I would be happy with 2 good solid stables battleing.  For the most part wwe has returned to its cartoonish look and feel of the 1980s.  considering it was stable warfare which made wcw rise up above wwe in ratings.   they just need to get away from the face vs heel setup matches.  hell I thought the legacy would actually be a stable but 90 percent of the time they are only there to help rko or take an ass kicking while he runs away.  they should be putting straps on them.  hell everyong would like to see heart foundation 2.0  with natty, dhn and tyson but they got to save time on tv for khali kiss cams. then they unify the two tag titles on the colon brothers.  I think great now some serious tag wrestling across all 3 brands.  NOPE.  nothing changed except carlito strolls out to job with 2 titles.  bron a wwe fan and have been watching for 25 years but the product now is set up straight as a 1 ON 1 LEAGUE. hell they now have 3 world champions 2 mid card and 2 womens champions.   I just don't see wwe making good teams or stables anmymore.

on a side note I just seen a taped WCW match off wwe tv with the WCW first hardcore title match between norman smiley and noggs of the nasty boys.  I don't know if any of you seen it before but my god I stopped watching wrestling for a while and never seen this match until now.  its got to be the cheaiset hardcore match ever. with them throwing each other into styrofoam peanuts, paper cups, buns,  I don't think there was anything hardcore about the match it should of been a concession stand match. norman also wore hockey padding to peotect himself and could only win by jimmy harts accidental interference on noggs.  matches like that explain why wcw went bankrupt.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13988 on: May 10, 2009, 04:35:48 PM »

Speaking of WCW, I was watching Spring Stampede 1999 (I think) last night. Really great match on it, Mysterio vs Kidman for the Cruiserweight Title in a pretty awesome highflying match....and Kidman botched a SSP & kneed Mysterio in the balls ouch!  hihi

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #13989 on: May 10, 2009, 05:20:42 PM »

No,there isn't. Even though my eyes are closed and he's looking elsewhere I like the pic.

I hope she'll never read this, so maybe you should post that picture for Madison  rofl.
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #13990 on: May 10, 2009, 05:40:55 PM »

Speaking of WCW, I was watching Spring Stampede 1999 (I think) last night. Really great match on it, Mysterio vs Kidman for the Cruiserweight Title in a pretty awesome highflying match....and Kidman botched a SSP & kneed Mysterio in the balls ouch!  hihi

is kidman botching a SSP really anything knew? haha theres only about 3-4 guys that can pull an SSP off and it look flawless like London, Bourne and PAC....damn thats a match i wouldnt mind seing

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13991 on: May 10, 2009, 05:45:14 PM »

Wouldn't really trust London to do a SSP anymore, he seems too careless in the ring these days.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13992 on: May 10, 2009, 06:20:51 PM »

Brock Lesnar's Wrestlemania 19 Shooting Star Press would've been flawless had he... you know, hit Kurt Angle instead of landing on his head and concussing himself.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 06:24:39 PM by BlowUpYourVideo » Logged

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13993 on: May 10, 2009, 06:34:47 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aiMHJPEPBA&NR=1

Edge as a Jobber in WCW Damon Striker

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13994 on: May 10, 2009, 06:43:15 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlIR4ZAR5mM&feature=related

holy shit look at this

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #13995 on: May 10, 2009, 09:01:07 PM »

yeah thats nasty as fuck, am not sure if its the right one but i think its New Jack tryna kill someone who neely killed him when they bottled going off a balcony

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13996 on: May 11, 2009, 07:22:02 AM »

I found this one from the one D posted. I don't seem to remember this happening. Looks nasty though. Notice Tazz and Cole in the background.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #13997 on: May 11, 2009, 09:15:25 AM »

a uk stable in wwe heck I would be happy with 2 good solid stables battleing.  For the most part wwe has returned to its cartoonish look and feel of the 1980s.  considering it was stable warfare which made wcw rise up above wwe in ratings.   they just need to get away from the face vs heel setup matches.  hell I thought the legacy would actually be a stable but 90 percent of the time they are only there to help rko or take an ass kicking while he runs away.
After watching my Four Horsemen dvd I'm inclined to agree.  Proper interviews, proper feuds, believable stories and belts that matter.  Just a few things WWE can't seem to fathom.  You can clearly see the difference between someone like HBK making his own stuff up compared to most of the rest of the crap they peddle.  If the wrestlers have character, let's see it.  If not, just get them to wrestle and make it seem like they're desperate for a belt.  Build some real enthusiasm for the belts.  Shelton Benjamin should be going hell for leather with someone similar for the IC belt.

Belts: like you say, three main belts?  One please.  Two (four) tag belts?  One (two) please.  Two women's belts?  One at most please.  Raise the profile of the IC belt a hundred per cent while you're at it Vince!  Talk of the Euro belt is interesting.  I could never see the point in it while it went to American wrestlers all the time.  Then DX ripped it to shreds anyway so it was doomed.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 09:20:02 AM by GNR_Green » Logged

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #13998 on: May 11, 2009, 09:41:15 AM »

belt wise wwe would be better with.

1 womens title
switching the diva championship to a womens tag title belt. they have enough women and enough women tag matches.

unify the tag belts andhave them defend on all brands or even better make a weekly tag title match on superstars as that's the show where anyone can fight anyone.

ecw belt.  maybe make it special like the original ecw title by making all the makes no dq. u don't have to make them hardcore but make it the tough title by making its matches no dq no countout.

ic and us belts.  make them worth something.  I would set them up tht if u win one of the titles u are gaurenteed a world title shot. it would make the titles worth something and worth fighting for. they would be like money in the bank. then they could also be used to build fueds. you want a world title shot you got towin the ic first. or nake the us title like a submission only title and the only way to win it is to make the champion submit. it would add something special to the mix.

world belt and wwe belt. they need to make them w per show and leave them on that show. instead of bouncy them around and letting edge wrestle for them both.  cena is still on the raw roster right? I don't remember him going drafted to sd. I remember a few years back when lashey got drafted to a new brand he had to abandond his title. so no show could have two champions.

I don't think they necessary have too many titles as much as there is nothing apecial to separate the titles or they are not runninh enough fueds to carry the titles. right now the ic and us and tag beltd have become almost the same value as the light heavybelt was when gillberg wore it.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13999 on: May 11, 2009, 01:57:31 PM »

Stables are the way forward

...and TNA is working on that - there are 4 kicking around (though I'd concede 2 are all over the place..)

Its so strange - any one of us could sort out WWE in a week, and yet no one in WWE seems to be able to come up with the same ideas....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: