Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 09:24:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228534 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 695 696 [697] 698 699 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 834873 times)
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13920 on: May 02, 2009, 10:46:47 AM »

So is Morrison a face now??

PS. The Rock turns 37 today. Cheesy

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13921 on: May 02, 2009, 11:01:05 AM »

So is Morrison a face now??
Looks like it.  The prospect of him and Jericho feuding is superb!

Smackdown looks far superior talent wise.  You have the veterans who can still go - 'Taker, Jericho, Edge, Jeff Hardy, Mysterio and the future with Morrison, Punk and, ahem...Ziggler  Cheesy

Kane isn't half bad when matched with the right person, although I'd prefer he retired still, Umaga is a great in-ring big guy.  And with Melina and Gail Kim they actually have some women who can wrestle now.

Stuff that is still the pits would be Cryme Tyme, Khali, Layla, Eve, Candice etc.

Oh and Benjamin can always produce the goods in the ring to, and get ready for everyones new favourite team - The Hard Knox Connection!

And hopefully Ricky Ortiz gets endeavoured before he ever gets a chance to appear.

Lastly you have jobber fodder in the form of R-Truth, Jesse, Curt Hawkins, Yang and Kung Fu Naki.  I say do something with Hawkins, I see potential there, heck make him and Jesse a team, repackage them!
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #13922 on: May 02, 2009, 11:17:51 AM »

Smackdown looks far superior talent wise.  You have the veterans who can still go - 'Taker, Jericho, Edge, Jeff Hardy, Mysterio and the future with Morrison, Punk and, ahem...Ziggler  Cheesy

I agree, Smackdown has already become my favourite show.

Morrison has to be the next break out star. He's been heel long enough but now its the right time to turn him face and make him an upper mid carder. I know you always get guys that come along and you hear people saying "Oh he's the next Shawn Michaels" well Morrison is as close to a  modernized HBK as we're ever gonna get. He's only been face for like one show and he's already over. A good feud with someone like Jericho is whats needed to bring him to the next level. Can't wait to see them go at it.  yes

It makes me so happy that Smackdown has such a star-studded roster with so much potential and the best thing about it is, theres no HHH, Batista or Orton to ruin it.

As for Ziggler, wasn't too keen on him at the start when he was only in backstage skits looking for people to shake his hand. With some decent character development I can see him being a big star. He can obviously wrestle, so if he can incoporate a decent gimmick along with that, I'm sure he'll be a solid regular soon. They seem to be modeling him after Mr. Perfect which certainly isn't a bad thing. I'm already liking the Perfect like stance (hand on the hips, with cocky smirk and chewing gum) the only negative thing I can say about him is the name...has to be the most goofy name they've ever come up with.  Tongue

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13923 on: May 02, 2009, 11:24:48 AM »

has to be the most goofy name they've ever come up with.  Tongue
Beaver Cleavage disagrees with you  Cheesy
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13924 on: May 02, 2009, 11:32:39 AM »

and get ready for everyones new favourite team - The Hard Knox Connection!

I noticed Knox is now on SD. ECW may have been better but I suppose Kozlov is the new monster heel over there now.

Though they could have teamed him up with Kidd and called them 'Mike Tyson'.

Russo, eat your heart out. Grin

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #13925 on: May 02, 2009, 11:32:46 AM »

Aye, but Mosh was doomed from the start when he was repackaged in that role. I think the WWE may have seriously underestimated Ziggler, and just gave him the first name that came into their heads as a way to give him something to do. They then realised he's a decent talent and has potential and are probably regretting giving him that name now.

Sheesh, never thought I'd be defending Dolph Ziggler...what have I become...  hihi
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 11:42:48 AM by Axl4Life » Logged

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13926 on: May 02, 2009, 11:38:43 AM »

Aye, but Mosh was doomed from the start when he was repackaged in that role. I think the WWE may have seriously underestimated Ziggler, and just game the first name that came into their heads as a way to give him something to do. They then realised he's a decent talent and has potential and are probably regretting giving him that name now.

Sheesh, never thought I'd be defending Dolph Ziggler...what have I become...  hihi
They definately had (have) plans for him.  Remember his debut match against Batista?  It wasn't a squash and he got in a fair few moves....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13927 on: May 02, 2009, 01:26:09 PM »

I am constantly on here defending TNA because I just can't comprehend how wrestling fans don't love TNA and what they are doing but yet still watch WWE religiously.

Take the Motor City Machine Guns vs Suicide and Red, who ever though MCMG would lose? I was watching the match thinking, OK, predictable, Guns win

then they lost and u had amazing awesome high flying great wrestling the entire match.

Their promos are to the point and don't drag on.

I have been a wrestling fan forever, I switched to WWE when WCW was still kicking WWE's ass cause I realized WWE had a much better show. All of my friends went on the same way most of u all are now but I am telling u, TNA have superior wrestling, storylines, promos.

WWE have the brand name and the production, TNA is the best wrestling.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #13928 on: May 02, 2009, 03:20:45 PM »

I am constantly on here defending TNA because I just can't comprehend how wrestling fans don't love TNA and what they are doing but yet still watch WWE religiously.

WWE have the brand name and the production, TNA is the best wrestling.

the problem with TNA is they have no star power whatsoever...they get whatever guys that have been future endeavored by WWE, a decade ago!  I wish there was some other wrestling company to distract me from the crap that WWE has been putting on tv lately, but there isnt..I would go rather down on a saturday to the local high school gym to watch Doink the Clown fight Kamala than watch TNA...I gave it a shot but it is inferior in every way...Is the wrestling better? Yeah I guess, but wrestling is fake/set up, so the actual wrestling action doesnt do much for me..Im an all promos, entrance music, merchandise, character, story guy. ...and WWE is still better at that, although still pretty bad though...
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13929 on: May 02, 2009, 07:22:45 PM »

What a fantastic edition of Impact

The whole show is completely nuts - i love it, i feel like any second a time travelling Andre the Giant might show up!

MCM V Red/Suicide was breathtaking - those guys can go. Never seen that Red guy before (he looks about 18...) but he needs to be signed to a 20 year contract now!

The roster is starting to grew and we're really getting some intresting characters, and we havent even seen Bobby Lashley yet.  I love Daffney, pair her up with Abyss and have them cause trouble

The new ''british'' faction is very encouraging - Magnus is a natural on the mike, Doug Williams is a very impresive wrestler (seen him live) and that juggernaught they brought with them - god damnit, he could tear phone books in half with his little fingers!

So much fun - just need to sort out the Frontline and make sure the X Division doesnt sink out of sight, Russo - your almost there!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13930 on: May 02, 2009, 07:58:22 PM »

I will say,Izzy and I have been on top of shit in the past before others.

I remember when there was a dude here named Raoxsle  who claimed to be a huge GNR insider etc

Izzy and I were like the only two people who called him out on being a phony and we took a lot of shit from people over that who were convinced this guy was real.

I have no idea what that has to do with wrestling except for the fact, that sometimes I think Izzy and I are ahead of the curve a bit. I feel we are the only two *Hammy is coming around* that truly appreciate how amazing TNA is and u guys will hop on eventually I hope.

we aren't asking u guys to stop loving WWE and to stop watching it. I just truly can't figure out why people don't enjoy it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13931 on: May 02, 2009, 08:42:14 PM »

Your stoned right?

Thats damn skippy.

We know best, you'll catch on...eventually.  Cool
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13932 on: May 03, 2009, 07:11:14 AM »

haha. Well funny reading.

I have watched TNA for a while now. I watched it religiously when the X-Division was at its best. And enjoyed it immensley. I dont see TNA and WWE as the same thing really. I see TNA as a modern and clever new branding of wrestling. However i do think that sometimes they try too hard and IMO it's never been as good as it was when i first started watching it.

I saw MCMG losing this week. Red is new and its a great way to get that team over. Obvious. I just think guys like AJ, MCMG, Lethal, Joe, Abyss are poorly used these days all of them have so much potential. To me these guys are TNA not Angle, Sting, Nash, Steiner, Foley.

I'm just here to see the board burn

Great  ok

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #13933 on: May 03, 2009, 05:39:30 PM »

Got a few new DVD's to talk about.  Firstly, a shoot interview 2-disc from e-bay called Got Heat.  Some pretty funny and interesting interviews, especially Jim Cornette vs Vusso, New Jack vs Dudleyz and of course Sheiky Baby vs everyone!  Another e-bay dvd of a shoot interview with Lex Luger, but I haven't seen it yet.  Also got the new Heatseekers DVD, which is pretty funny and mainly features a round-table discussion.  I'm guessing that was televised in the US but not sure.  The matches includes a hilarious duel between Booker T and Russo in a cage/cell with all these terrible gimmicks and run-ins going on!  So bad it's good sort of thing.  The other dvd, which I haven't watched yet, is the 2-disc editions of Ric Flair and The Four Horsemen.  Looking forward to some old-school wcw action.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #13934 on: May 04, 2009, 12:30:42 AM »

I know you always get guys that come along and you hear people saying "Oh he's the next Shawn Michaels" well Morrison is as close to a  modernized HBK as we're ever gonna get.

You compare Johnny fuckin Nitro to HBK??!!! Wtf is wrong with you. I know some of you like Boreison, but I have hated him since the day he debuted as Bishoffs lackey on raw. Has he gotten better? I hate to admit it but yes he has. I still hate this guy. And to compare him to one of the greatest the company has ever seen is unacceptable. Completly unacceptable. HBK puts on a quality match almost every time he enters the ring. He is the ultimate sports entertainer. Nitro will never ever be in the same league as HBK.

I will admit I dont watch ECW. And I have not seen Nitro besides on PPV or when he was going on raw. So maybe I haven't seen him enough in the last year or so. But god i just cannot see how this guy can go from being Bishoff's lackey to being a part of MNM where he couldn't cut a decent promo to save his life to being the Next HBK. I mean this guy was absolute shit a few years ago. Has he gotten better? Sure. He has gone from complete crap to decent crap.

Johnny fuckin Nitro, the next HBK? My god you have gone completely bonkers.  hihi smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13935 on: May 04, 2009, 11:49:08 AM »

I know you always get guys that come along and you hear people saying "Oh he's the next Shawn Michaels" well Morrison is as close to a  modernized HBK as we're ever gonna get.

You compare Johnny fuckin Nitro to HBK??!!! Wtf is wrong with you. I know some of you like Boreison, but I have hated him since the day he debuted as Bishoffs lackey on raw. Has he gotten better? I hate to admit it but yes he has. I still hate this guy. And to compare him to one of the greatest the company has ever seen is unacceptable. Completly unacceptable. HBK puts on a quality match almost every time he enters the ring. He is the ultimate sports entertainer. Nitro will never ever be in the same league as HBK.

I will admit I dont watch ECW. And I have not seen Nitro besides on PPV or when he was going on raw. So maybe I haven't seen him enough in the last year or so. But god i just cannot see how this guy can go from being Bishoff's lackey to being a part of MNM where he couldn't cut a decent promo to save his life to being the Next HBK. I mean this guy was absolute shit a few years ago. Has he gotten better? Sure. He has gone from complete crap to decent crap.

Johnny fuckin Nitro, the next HBK? My god you have gone completely bonkers.  hihi smoking

Not a fan then. haha I think Morrison has alot of potential. He could do with a better finisher (like MVP) but i wouldn't be suprised if he ends up doing really well. I'm suprised that they wanna turn him face coz i think he's brilliant as that ultra-cocky heel.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13936 on: May 04, 2009, 05:06:22 PM »

I will say,Izzy and I have been on top of shit in the past before others.

I remember when there was a dude here named Raoxsle  who claimed to be a huge GNR insider etc

Izzy and I were like the only two people who called him out on being a phony and we took a lot of shit from people over that who were convinced this guy was real.

Man, that takes me back! That was about 4 years ago!

...and your absolutely right, everyone was convinced he was the real deal and he even got protection from the mods. There really wasnt anyone else that questioned him - but we did, and eventually he confessed the whole thing to us via IM, as I recall.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 05:08:41 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13937 on: May 04, 2009, 05:14:15 PM »

Morrison could be the future of WWE

The next HBK? Yeah, quite probably - a face turn is due, but keep his swagger

I think he needs to be part of a faction - he needs to be seen among the headiners for while before he can stake a claim to the title

A feud for the IC title would be a good start, Mysterio is popular - but really doesnt 'sell' a story, and the belt is largely wasted on him. 

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13938 on: May 04, 2009, 05:28:03 PM »

Morrison could be the future of WWE

The next HBK? Yeah, quite probably - a face turn is due, but keep his swagger

I think he needs to be part of a faction - he needs to be seen among the headiners for while before he can stake a claim to the title

A feud for the IC title would be a good start, Mysterio is popular - but really doesnt 'sell' a story, and the belt is largely wasted on him. 

Perhaps one of the only times I agree with you.  hihi I largely agree though except for that bit about the faction. Mysterio feud would help him but by the looks of it theres a Morrison/Jericho feud in the offing which would help Morrison WAY more than Mysterio could and theres bound to be some great matches between the two. This is definatly Morrisons year.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #13939 on: May 04, 2009, 05:58:23 PM »

thats true...its going to be tough for John Morrison to job at as many Wrestelamanias as HBK has, as still be referred to as MR. Wrestlemania.  I mean its good that he lost at the last Wrestlemania, but no one saw it, does that still count?

In all seriousness though John Morrison is awesome..hes got the look, decent mic skills and he is good in the ring...I love how they split up Miz and Morrrison and give the guy who has NO future in this business whatsoever the heel turn...ridiculous...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 06:01:08 PM by Bodhi » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 695 696 [697] 698 699 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: