Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 07:21:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228533 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 694 695 [696] 697 698 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 834490 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13900 on: April 28, 2009, 04:59:51 PM »

Raw was pretty unwatchable last night it is stating to remind me of WCW Thunder in its last days.

I spend so much time fast forwading through the show I'm not sure to what extend I can still truthfully claim to still watch it

Every match is just so obvious - Kendrick v Kingston, who didnt realise the result instantly? What's on the line? Who the hell cares who wins - what difference does it make?

I'm just not sure what the point is anymore when I know who will win - there is an entire line up of people that are just there to lose each week

Cena returning the following night - kinda short sells his ''explosion'' doesnt it?

MVP was the only bright spot, he's very good - but short on moves. Please give him an OMG finisher

Please - get rid of the Big Show, 'world's largest athlete'? He aint even the biggest in WWE! How can they make this claim?

Batista vs Orton at Judgement Day - we KNOW Orton wins, he'll have the title for months to come, so how can they even try and sell it?

Just so frustrated

I can take the PG theme, the horrible Disney set design (''its so colourful and exciting'') and the total lack of logic (why is Vikki allowed to aplaud her bosses enemies? What kind of real or imaginary company would allow that?!)

..what gets me is the obviousness about everything, the 20 min speech at the beginning of each installement, the mid card 'whats the point match', the ''double'' main events - the whole thing is on rails

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13901 on: April 28, 2009, 05:18:50 PM »

..what gets me is the obviousness about everything, the 20 min speech at the beginning of each installement, the mid card 'whats the point match', the ''double'' main events - the whole thing is on rails

You do realise your describing Impact aswell when you say that right? Pretty much every wrestling show does it, it's nothing new.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13902 on: April 28, 2009, 05:22:02 PM »

^Indeed. All promotions will have guys not really involved in a storyline. WWE just have quite a lot. Tongue

I'm not sure if it'd be possible to have everyone 'doing' something....

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #13903 on: April 28, 2009, 05:47:17 PM »

The endings of Raw lately, or lack thereof, have been pretty bad too.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13904 on: April 28, 2009, 07:24:57 PM »

TNA is EXCITING because shit happens and their promos are usually to the point, entertaining and short.

Orton staring at the crowd for 2 minutes before he even starts talking and then goes on the most boring promo ever where we have to watch shit we've already seen again for 2 minutes and then he bores us some more..

I like Orton but he is horrible on the stick

Kurt Angle, Jeff Jarrett, Scott Steiner, Kevin Nash, Sting, Mick Foley,Booker T are fucking legends on the mic and u hang on every word they say because their points have a focus. Beautiful People are good on the mic and AJ Styles has came a long fucking way. Joe is also really good on the mic, Dudleyz are good on the mic, Beer Money are good on the mic.

On TNA, their matches actually mean something as someone is jockeying for position on the title scenes.

Kane vs Punk........ I mean WTF is the point? Kofi vs Kendrick? WHY? 

WWE truly lacks focus now on everything not a main event angle.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13905 on: April 29, 2009, 10:44:56 AM »

- There is some talk that WWE may have some interest in Kip James aka Billy Gunn when his TNA deal expires this year. TNA currently has no plans to re-sign him.

Gerweck.net

Cool Cheesy Yes!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13906 on: April 29, 2009, 02:17:07 PM »

You do realise your describing Impact aswell when you say that right? Pretty much every wrestling show does it, it's nothing new.

Er...no

Mick Foley vs Sting for the title - did u see that coming?

Foley as champion? See that one coming?

Bobby Lashley showing up?

Impact is damn near impossible to call, just about every match could go either way

...and even when you know the result (i.e Angle v anyone else) both guys put on such a display that you just dont mind, you'll be too dazzled by Kurt's sheer brilliance and the brilliance he gets from anyone he wrestles. The guy could make me look like a world champion in a match!

I want wrestling in my wrestling matches! Give me some impresive moves and i'll go away happy. WWE has....knife edge chops and....er....hmm.....

In TNA promos are intense, the acting and writing is spot on - when Kurt talks you believe he's this maniacal 'godfather', when Joe speaks..well, you expect someone to get killed, when AJ speaks u can hear that yearning for greatness, and when Sting speaks u shut up and listen to the master

....WWE gives us so-very-tired Triple H trying to sound like he cares about his 80th title reign, or Orton repeating his same 4 lines week after week. Edge doesnt seem to have a gimmick anymore - he's...mad, is that his gimmick?

Cena is the only one that can really cut a promo that makes u listen - but he's so distracted with films it doesnt show through.

I just want to be entertained, and that requires surprises every now and again

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13907 on: April 29, 2009, 02:18:52 PM »

- There is some talk that WWE may have some interest in Kip James aka Billy Gunn when his TNA deal expires this year. TNA currently has no plans to re-sign him.

Gerweck.net

Cool Cheesy Yes!

He'll turn WWE around!

I think TNA could put him to some use but really, at this stage, what would be worth while?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13908 on: April 29, 2009, 03:53:30 PM »

Er...no

Mick Foley vs Sting for the title - did u see that coming?

Foley as champion? See that one coming?

Bobby Lashley showing up?

Er...no. You do realise I was talking about Impact not PPV?

Oh and did I see Foley vs Sting happening or Foley being champ? Yes. Did you not hear everyone say when he first signed that he was looking at having another title run so that takes out the whole "shock" of that.

No I didn't see Lashley showing up but again PPV not Impact, who different thing Amigo.

To be honest Foley is just very tiresome when I see him wrestle these days, he's been like that ever since the Mania match vs Edge. How you could praise Sting vs Foley so highly yet shit all over matches pretty much any WWE match, take Sunday for example a great PPV with really entertaining matches (all of them bar Santina/Beth) yet you would credit/prefer Shark Boy vs Abyss as a better match.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13909 on: April 29, 2009, 05:39:37 PM »

There ya go Slash, comparing a top WWE match to Sharkboy vs Abyss

I would take Kurt ANgle vs anybody over ANY WWE match except for maybe Edge vs Jericho if it ever happened or even HBk vs Edge

TNA have way better wrestling cause they still WRESTLE. almost every WWE match is like a bar room brawl with a clothesline, body slam and an elbow drop sprinkled in

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13910 on: April 30, 2009, 05:49:27 PM »

yet you would credit/prefer Shark Boy vs Abyss as a better match.

Yep, I certainly would

Abyss manages atleast half a dozen impresive moves and Shark Boy makes me laugh

No WWE wrestler has managed either this year

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13911 on: April 30, 2009, 05:52:51 PM »

TNA have way better wrestling cause they still WRESTLE. almost every WWE match is like a bar room brawl with a clothesline, body slam and an elbow drop sprinkled in

As many as three moves?

Must have missed that match - sounds like a classic! hihi

Does anyone remember when WWE became ''World Mixed Martial Arts Entertainment''?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13912 on: April 30, 2009, 06:03:17 PM »

yet you would credit/prefer Shark Boy vs Abyss as a better match.

Yep, I certainly would

Abyss manages atleast half a dozen impresive moves and Shark Boy makes me laugh

No WWE wrestler has managed either this year

Impressive moves = Evan Bourne
Comedy = Santino

Game, set & match Hombre.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13913 on: April 30, 2009, 06:12:20 PM »

Santino is funny but on one hand I feel kind of bad for the guy. Can u imagine what the respected vets think and say about him behind his back doing the chick shit?

Dress equals career suicide ask Perry Saturn, Vito

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13914 on: April 30, 2009, 06:37:52 PM »

Santino is funny but on one hand I feel kind of bad for the guy. Can u imagine what the respected vets think and say about him behind his back doing the chick shit?

Dress equals career suicide ask Perry Saturn, Vito

True, true. But I wouldn't feel too sorry for him really, he may be a full comedy guy but he's got job security the likes those two could never have had and is always gonna get TV time pretty much every week. Does promos/skits more than he wrestles which in the long run will do his body the world of good. To be fair, I dare say the vets would respect him, he was a terrible face then turned his character around and has never been dull on the mic since and pulls off the comedy better than pretty much anyone ever really. If anything the other wrestlers will be envious of him.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #13915 on: April 30, 2009, 06:39:29 PM »

as aposed to a muscular man in a leotard?

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #13916 on: April 30, 2009, 09:32:04 PM »

Remember when everytime Triple H had a cage match, we got "Thong" shots?  nervous 
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13917 on: May 02, 2009, 05:03:43 AM »

As many as three moves?

Must have missed that match - sounds like a classic! hihi

Does anyone remember when WWE became ''World Mixed Martial Arts Entertainment''?

Dude you are starting to sound desperate to convince. It's starting to sound like a kid on the playground. "My views are better than yours"

If you think TNA is better then great. but every time i come on here now its either Izzy or D saying Tna is amazing, Tna is Great, Tna got it right again, Tna still wrestle.... its a wonder their not the biggest wrestling organisation in the world. no

I know what its like in your position i used to prefer Old ECW to WWE & WCW and i was amazed that others didin't see it but i realised  the more you protest the more desperate you sound and not everyone has the same views. And to be honest it just gets old. Its like you are part of the TNA street team.

But despite what you say WWE isn't as bad as you make out. I mean i dont remember a TNA match that was better than Taker vs HBK this year. Yeah there are things that could be better but that goes for TNA too.

Also i'm more than happy to come out and critizse WWE if i think they have done something wrong (see Tag Division & Wrestlemania) as where you guys will defend TNA to the hill no matter what. Which again gets boring. As proper TNA fans i'd like to hear what you think of the decline of the X-Division, How Shelley & Sabin seem stuck where they are on the card, How come AJ can't get a decent World Title reign since the established names have come in, Whether this new Brutus Guy has potential (coz he was an English Gladiator) & Why have they screwed up Samoa Joe.

all interesting subjects that could do with real input from from real TNA fans..... not lets see where this goes, while not affording wwe the same luxury.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13918 on: May 02, 2009, 07:15:04 AM »

Dude you are starting to sound desperate to convince. It's starting to sound like a kid on the playground. "My views are better than yours"

Convince? You misunderstand, I'm a bit like the Joker  i'm not after anything logical - I'm just here to see the board burn

Personally there is nothing i despise more than someone who changes his views because of another - atleast have the courage of your convictions, if you believe it - fight for it

Half the problems in this world are because people are ''bought'', they sell out who they are to get friends, to get a promotion, to get accepted

If you believe it - change for no one, and if you dont believe it? Why say it?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13919 on: May 02, 2009, 07:24:52 AM »

Smackdown this week was better than usual - I think it was the crowd...

...but the matches were at real pace and I think thats the way a great match works

The fatal four-way wasnt as blighted as usual by 'Triple H syndrome' (i.e guy gets slapped and lies dead in the corner for 20 mins...) and i actually enjoyed it

WWE seems to have noticed the younger guys too - plenty of ability there to call on - Morrison and MVP can be future champions

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 694 695 [696] 697 698 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: