Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 03:42:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228533 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 690 691 [692] 693 694 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 833827 times)
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13820 on: April 23, 2009, 04:55:35 PM »

plus, U have to see where this is going

Your credibility argument is just shot to hell dude.

I dont see why dude. I'm not saying that WWE get is right all the time but they can afford periods where they have a weak champ due to their size and dominance in the market. TNA can't if they want to be as popular. Thats my point simple as. If you dont agree then i respect that, but thats what i think and you won't convince me i'm wrong. Hardcore legend or not Mick Foley was a WWE commentator not so long ago and now he's TNA world champion.... that to me is a strange creative direction for a company looking to make waves.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Evolution
« Reply #13821 on: April 23, 2009, 06:32:29 PM »

Perhaps everyone needs to wait to see how TNA plays it first. Should Foley defend the title, and retain in a clean fashion against some more TNA headliners, it only serves to lessen the challengers. Foley isn't at the stage of his game to have credibility if he keeps winning, but a Street Fight style win over Sting, is fair enough in my book.

People who watched the Attitude era WWF will hear that Foley is TNA Champion and be tempted to check it out. TNA only needs however many thousand for that to register 1.4 on the ratings, and therefore the Foley reign can be considered something of a success. Same thing happened with Edge when he first cashed in against Cena in 2006. Raw's ratings had a month long bump.

January 2, 2006   3.7
January 9, 2006   4.3
January 16, 2006 4.3
January 23, 2006 4.5
January 30, 2006 4.5
February 6, 2006  4.5
February 16, 2006 3.3

:EDIT Thought it was interesting to note the UK ratings for Impact and Smackdown.

Impact draws 0.041
Smackdown draws 0.038!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 07:38:55 PM by Faraday » Logged
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13822 on: April 23, 2009, 09:41:25 PM »

You get Bravo with basic packages whereas Sky Sports costs, pretty simple really. Plus the Saturday morning replay usually has the higher rating.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13823 on: April 24, 2009, 06:41:16 AM »

Perhaps everyone needs to wait to see how TNA plays it first. Should Foley defend the title, and retain in a clean fashion against some more TNA headliners, it only serves to lessen the challengers. Foley isn't at the stage of his game to have credibility if he keeps winning, but a Street Fight style win over Sting, is fair enough in my book.

Maybe you are right. But i just see it as a no win. Its either gonna be a short and pointless reign or Mick Foley is TNA no.1 guy. Either way i think it was a little silly. He maybe should of won the Legends championship or something. that i could understand.

Like i said i like Mick, loved him in WWE as wrestler and commentator  and also loved his book. And its great for him and all the power to him but creativley from a company looking to grow i found it a weird choice. Haveing said that maybe TNA's plan is to make it harder to predict who wins, which has its merits i guess

[/color]

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13824 on: April 24, 2009, 08:41:44 AM »

TNA have planned all their storylines untill October

WWE plan them month by month

Straight away thats some good writing on TNA's side - so lets see what they do with Foley

If he beats AJ Styles clean - then, yeah, they got it wrong

..if it sets up a storyline that ends with one of the more obvious title contenders winning then - its going to have been a success

People moan when only the same, obvious, people get the title - then moan when its the same people each time

..hell, WWE has two titles and yet managed John Cena, Triple H and Edge to be the champions just about every week....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Evolution
« Reply #13825 on: April 24, 2009, 11:57:06 AM »

Its either gonna be a short and pointless reign or Mick Foley is TNA no.1 guy.

Maybe they want to get the belt to Kurt Angle, but don't want the Sting/Angle/MEM break-up tease to implode too soon.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13826 on: April 24, 2009, 01:10:11 PM »

Maybe they want to get the belt to Kurt Angle, but don't want the Sting/Angle/MEM break-up tease to implode too soon.

Maybe. Its possible. I never like to see World Titles become hot potatoes but in this case i think thats the best thing. Although you'd think Sting will have a re-match.

[/color]

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13827 on: April 24, 2009, 03:18:09 PM »

Maybe. Its possible. I never like to see World Titles become hot potatoes but in this case i think thats the best thing. Although you'd think Sting will have a re-match.

I'd assume it will be a Jarrett/Foley angle initially

Personally I'd have liked to have seen Jarrett join the MEM, could have been intresting

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13828 on: April 24, 2009, 11:01:02 PM »

Another fantastic TNA.

The Jarrett/Steiner match was WAYYYYYYYY better than the snoozefest that was Orton/HHH

at least we got to see Shane Goldberg come down and beat the shit out of real wrestlers.

Scott Steiner got clotheslined off a pogo stick! hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

That shit is crazy

The tag tourney is great, Christopher Daniels being back is awesome.

The comedy of Mick Foley is just gold. those week vignettes of him with the title had me crying.

His commentary during the JJ/BPP match was also hysterical talking about how Jeff Can't fake an injury! hihi hihi hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13829 on: April 25, 2009, 05:01:45 AM »

Scott Steiner got clotheslined off a pogo stick! hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

That shit is crazy

The tag tourney is great, Christopher Daniels being back is awesome.

Yeah theres never enough pogo sticks in wrestling. Roll Eyes

I'm liking the tag tourney though, lets see if TNA will throw up a suprise in this one or will BM win as expected.

Christopher Daniels is brilliant. I remember the matches with AJ & Joe for the X-Division title. Some of the best TNA have ever offered. Before they signed the WWE rejects. So good to see him back hope he becomes a integral part of TNA.

[/color]

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13830 on: April 25, 2009, 08:31:12 AM »

Before they signed the WWE rejects.

Oh hush up

TNA got pure gold from WWE

WWE would kill for some genuine stars like Sting and Steiner

...of course they cant compete with the pure excitement of Randy Orton confused

Quick! To the bandwagon!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13831 on: April 25, 2009, 10:38:20 AM »

Steiner, pure gold??

nervous

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13832 on: April 25, 2009, 12:46:58 PM »

I just REALLY can't buy into Samoa Joe at all anymore, first of all his title run was a joke and produced so many uninspiring matches and promos. But now his new gimmick is ridiculous, his face paint and attire resemble a unsuccessful indy wrestler, not to mention he's slowly turning into Rikishi size wise.

Before they signed the WWE rejects.

Oh hush up

TNA got pure gold from WWE

WWE would kill for some genuine stars like Sting and Steiner

...of course they cant compete with the pure excitement of Randy Orton confused

A heel doesn't have to be excited, they have to be hated which is obviously working with you. Try keep up.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13833 on: April 25, 2009, 01:32:37 PM »

Steiner, pure gold??

nervous

Gold  rofl rofl rofl rofl

ok if you say so ok

[/color]

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13834 on: April 25, 2009, 02:10:22 PM »

-- At tonight's TNA live event in Youngstown, Ohio, not only will Shark Boy be fighting Brutus Magnus, but he'll also be fighting for the freedom of his "brother" Trevor, who is being held prisoner in a local aquarium.

"As you can imagine, it bothers me greatly whenever a family member of mine is taken in captivity," Shark Boy said.

Explain the greatness behind this please Izzy?

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13835 on: April 25, 2009, 02:12:58 PM »

A heel doesn't have to be excited, they have to be hated which is obviously working with you. Try keep up.

You really are clueless - but please continue to try and get one over on me. I find it amusing

A heel is supposed to be loved - just loved in a different way

Your supposed to get a kick out of booing them, seeing the face triumph etc. Attitude era was based around the realisation that the heel was often more liked than the face

Austin was always a heel - the ''bad'' guy, the rogue up to no good, but you loved him anyway

Kurt Angle is the ultimate example - he's a heel, but people love him, they love his ''evil'', his greed and his maniacal ways

A good hero is like a great comic book villian - do you ''hate'' Magneto, Venom, Darth Vader??

If you actually hate them then in what sense are you actually enjoying what you watch?

Heel, face, announcer, referee - the show is World Wrestling Entertainiment, its supposed to be entertaining - devious villians and brave heros battling away for something which we believe is some mythical prize

Wrestling is just theatre (the presence of the crowd is the give away) - it needs larger than life characters

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13836 on: April 25, 2009, 02:22:09 PM »

-- At tonight's TNA live event in Youngstown, Ohio, not only will Shark Boy be fighting Brutus Magnus, but he'll also be fighting for the freedom of his "brother" Trevor, who is being held prisoner in a local aquarium.

"As you can imagine, it bothers me greatly whenever a family member of mine is taken in captivity," Shark Boy said.

Explain the greatness behind this please Izzy?

Lol, that sounds hilarious, Shark Boy cracks me up, 'give me a shell yeah!'

...wait, wrestling has to be ultra realistic and serious?

Man, wouldnt it be dumb if someone drove a truck into an arena and sprayed people with beer?

Wouldn't it be dumb to have people the owner ''hates'' going to the ring and cutting promos with impunity?

Thank god no one thought of taking a Nigerian guy and pretending he's Jamacan, fake accent and all!

Tell you what would be really, really stupid, if the show was ''live'' but always ended exactly on time and strangely just after something important has resolved!! That would be soooo fake!

Just like your last school report, my words to you read

'MUST TRY HARDER'
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 02:32:17 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13837 on: April 25, 2009, 02:31:13 PM »

People dared question the greatness of Scott Steiner!

Steiner is a fanastic heel - the way he abuses the crowd, his push ups in the ring, his shocking arrogance

He's got this absurd physique that leaves u wondering if its the result of accident or design

His promos are so disrespectful to everyone - you know he's speaking straight from the heart

He plays a bastard better than anyone - he's a larger than life super villian

...and he can wrestle

He's everything a heel aspires to be - he's entertaining

Quick! To the bandwagon!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13838 on: April 25, 2009, 02:33:01 PM »

Kingston ain't Nigerian. Grin

Regarding Steiner, I admit I enjoyed his WWE antics somewhat, it's just that he didn't exactly have many five-star matches....

Survivor Series '02: "Gimme the fuckin' mic!" rofl

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13839 on: April 25, 2009, 02:36:27 PM »

Regarding Steiner, I admit I enjoyed his WWE antics somewhat, it's just that he didn't exactly have many five-star matches....

Survivor Series '02: "Gimme the fuckin' mic!" rofl

Indeed, its hilarious on TNA when you can lip read him and then you have the commentators joking about what he ''meant'' to say

People say mic skills are 90% of a wrestlers charm - Foley and Austin couldnt wrestle, no one ever seemed to mind

Steiner can wrestle and he's got the mic skills - whats not to love?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 690 691 [692] 693 694 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: