Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 03:37:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228533 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 689 690 [691] 692 693 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 833801 times)
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13800 on: April 21, 2009, 02:33:33 PM »

That was a nice match going between Cena and Jericho on Raw. Pity they had to ruin it with a DQ ending. Undecided

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #13801 on: April 21, 2009, 05:05:59 PM »

Lockdown was great live.

Show off  Tongue.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #13802 on: April 21, 2009, 05:13:07 PM »

Lockdown was great live.

Show off  Tongue.

Ha,nah,I enjoy reading about other people's live experiences more than the actual shows sometimes! I will be showing off my Sting pic soon, I have wanted to meet him for years.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13803 on: April 21, 2009, 05:39:08 PM »

Mick is a hall of famer........ so why is it stupid that he wins a match?

So is Ric Flair, So is Steamboat.... would you find it stupid if they beat HHH at backlash? Coz thats what we are talking about here.

Its not stupid that he wins "a" Match but it is stupid that he wins the world title off Sting. It makes all the guys that tried to beat Sting before look weaker so we are talking AJ, Angle etc.

Enjoyment is great and we all love seeing legends like Foley back and involved. But your champion represents your company and now what TNA are saying is at this moment in TNA Mick Foley is the No1 guy. If you are fine with that then great but i think if you are trying to get people interested in your product you need a real Champion..... WCW did it with Hogan & Goldberg, WWE did it with Hogan, Bret, HBK, Austin, Rock, HHH etc. And i know you'll point to lesser champions in WWE like Khali, Kane and Maybe CM Punk but WWE can afford to do that as the leaders of what they do.

I just think the MEM got alot of credibility taken from them on Sunday, despite how enjoyable it was or is.

However i'd just like to say it was a good PPV overall having watched it again, but some creative decsions make WWE creative look like genius and that not the case.

MCMG are just awesome. Suicide leap was epic, and i always enjoy watching AJ Styles. 3D match was good too. A better watch than Mania IMO

I don't agree with that analogy at all dude

Flair and Steamboat are pushing 60. Mick is barely even 40 something.

Mick also hasn't relied on Good looks or steroids or technical wrestling skill, so I find it believable that Cactus Jack can beat anybody in a hardcore match.

Angle didn't lose to Sting clean either I can't remember the AJ match so I can't make an intelligent defense of that one.

I thought it was incredible and I totally buy Foley as the champ. Sting isn't no spring chicken either.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13804 on: April 21, 2009, 05:47:03 PM »

Sting's 50.

Mick Foley's 43.

The match was no classic and Foley is more out of shape than he's ever been but I'll see where they go with this before I complain about it, it does show that both WWE and TNA have limited faith in "New" stars as top level main eventers that they have guys this age battling it out.

Isn't Orton the only constant WWE one under 30?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13805 on: April 22, 2009, 08:17:56 AM »

Cactus Jack is the best thing going in a hardcore match where technical skill is irrelevant and stamina is key

Foley is the guy that surived that Hell in a Cell match - in ''wrestling world'' and real life thats more than just about anyone else could ever do

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13806 on: April 22, 2009, 08:48:42 AM »

Saw Smackdown and ECW last night

Second time of seeing Smackdown and second lot of wrestling after TNA earlier this year

We got Triple H and Randy Orton in a dark match which was great

Overall the card was quite good - Evan Bourne vs Paul Burchill on ECW was the best match - both guys have so much talent

Whole thing is blighted by being on TV though - endless delays, destroyed the atmosphere.

Some weird thing called ''Superstars'' kicked in halfway through - WWE have 4 different shows?

Darn good fun but Taker/Big Show match was a disaster - you'll see on Friday

..and Big Show's punches looked even worse live...hell, Big Show is just AWFUL

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13807 on: April 22, 2009, 09:36:08 AM »

Mick is a hall of famer........ so why is it stupid that he wins a match?

So is Ric Flair, So is Steamboat.... would you find it stupid if they beat HHH at backlash? Coz thats what we are talking about here.

Its not stupid that he wins "a" Match but it is stupid that he wins the world title off Sting. It makes all the guys that tried to beat Sting before look weaker so we are talking AJ, Angle etc.

Enjoyment is great and we all love seeing legends like Foley back and involved. But your champion represents your company and now what TNA are saying is at this moment in TNA Mick Foley is the No1 guy. If you are fine with that then great but i think if you are trying to get people interested in your product you need a real Champion..... WCW did it with Hogan & Goldberg, WWE did it with Hogan, Bret, HBK, Austin, Rock, HHH etc. And i know you'll point to lesser champions in WWE like Khali, Kane and Maybe CM Punk but WWE can afford to do that as the leaders of what they do.

I just think the MEM got alot of credibility taken from them on Sunday, despite how enjoyable it was or is.

However i'd just like to say it was a good PPV overall having watched it again, but some creative decsions make WWE creative look like genius and that not the case.

MCMG are just awesome. Suicide leap was epic, and i always enjoy watching AJ Styles. 3D match was good too. A better watch than Mania IMO

I don't agree with that analogy at all dude

Flair and Steamboat are pushing 60. Mick is barely even 40 something.

Mick also hasn't relied on Good looks or steroids or technical wrestling skill, so I find it believable that Cactus Jack can beat anybody in a hardcore match.

Angle didn't lose to Sting clean either I can't remember the AJ match so I can't make an intelligent defense of that one.

I thought it was incredible and I totally buy Foley as the champ. Sting isn't no spring chicken either.

I'm just saying that TNA will get nowhere IMO with a WWE past-it as their Main Champion. Guys Like Sting, AJ, Joe, Abyss, Angle, Booker T, Jarrett etc would give more credibility to the company. Age has nothing to do with it, i know Sting is older but he's a guy who has been active for years without retireing. Foley is out of shape and been retired. I was starting to like where TNA was going with Sting having a long title reign and they just ruin it IMO.

I just can't buy him as a champion as a former wwe wrestler/commentator. I just think by giving it to him it makes the belt look less credible especially when they have tons of more talented and deserving talent. Its everything i hate about TNA and i was just thinking it was going in the other direction

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13808 on: April 22, 2009, 03:56:49 PM »

I just can't buy him as a champion as a former wwe wrestler/commentator. I just think by giving it to him it makes the belt look less credible especially when they have tons of more talented and deserving talent. Its everything i hate about TNA and i was just thinking it was going in the other direction

Lets see where they go with it first

Part of me suspects it was part of the deal to bring Foley to TNA - he wanted another title reign and WWE wouldn't let him

...but it may be they have something planned, hell - he may lose the title on Impact this week (remember Kane/Austin?).

How about a derenged Mick Foley starts causing trouble and Jeff Jarrett steps in to stop him in a title match? Who knows - and isnt that the fun?

Look at WWE - we KNOW Edge takes the title at Backlash because there is currently no Smackdown title

...and we KNOW Orton takes the title (the old ''title changes hands regardless of who gets pinned'' gimmick that serves only as a way for Triple H to save face)

For that matter we KNOW Christain takes the ECW title too

That's just boring - atleast TNA is unpredictable

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13809 on: April 22, 2009, 04:00:37 PM »

Overall the card was quite good - Evan Bourne vs Paul Burchill on ECW was the best match - both guys have so much talent

You feeling alright man? I thought for a minute you were saying something good about ECW  hihi I jest.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13810 on: April 22, 2009, 04:27:29 PM »

Lets see where they go with it first

Part of me suspects it was part of the deal to bring Foley to TNA - he wanted another title reign and WWE wouldn't let him

...but it may be they have something planned, hell - he may lose the title on Impact this week (remember Kane/Austin?).

How about a derenged Mick Foley starts causing trouble and Jeff Jarrett steps in to stop him in a title match? Who knows - and isnt that the fun?

Look at WWE - we KNOW Edge takes the title at Backlash because there is currently no Smackdown title

...and we KNOW Orton takes the title (the old ''title changes hands regardless of who gets pinned'' gimmick that serves only as a way for Triple H to save face)

For that matter we KNOW Christain takes the ECW title too

That's just boring - atleast TNA is unpredictable

I agree WWE can be predictable and lack imagination but they know whos who and whats credible on the whole IMO.

I hope Mick proves me wrong. and i hope you are right and the angle goes somewhere. But they have kinda digged a hole now coz a short Foley title reign serves no one well.

[/color]

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13811 on: April 22, 2009, 06:56:02 PM »

GNRFan

Did u really just use Credible and Wrestling in the same sentence?

For fuck's sake they had HHH humping a corpse in a casket once. Its wrestling, u have to suspend some disbelief.

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13812 on: April 23, 2009, 04:38:44 AM »

GNRFan

Did u really just use Credible and Wrestling in the same sentence?

No i didn't.

Belts have prestige/credibility. Giving it to the wrong people can take away that. Look at what the IC title once was compared to now. Same for Tag team title, thats why they give it to the guys at the top. If you knew anything about wrestling you'd know that building peoples credibility up is what its about. Making people believe that they are a monster or that they really can come back from anything or smaller guys can beat giants etc. These are important things, and things i thought that TNA were starting to do well

[/color]

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13813 on: April 23, 2009, 09:43:05 AM »

WWE has two championship titles

...and you think TNA has damaged its title?

How can you have TWO titles?!

You dont have two people win the NFL league or whatever god forsaken sport u watch

Only one can win - but not in WWE.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #13814 on: April 23, 2009, 09:46:38 AM »

WWE has 3 championship titles

Remember when "The Undertaker" won the Royal Rumble a few years ago and they tried to make out he may opt for the "ECW" Title at "Wrestlemaina"  rofl?
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13815 on: April 23, 2009, 12:24:26 PM »

WWE has two championship titles

How can you have TWO titles?!

You dont have two people win the NFL league or whatever god forsaken sport u watch

Only one can win - but not in WWE.....

there is only 1 WWE champion! Yeah they have the world heavyweight title as well but that was WCW's world title and when WWE bought them they bought their title. Its not about quantity its about quality. And the better the champion the better the credibilty of the belt

Boxing has 3 World Heavywieght titles to my knowledge.

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13816 on: April 23, 2009, 01:01:27 PM »

Isn't Boxing slated for having too many titles?
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13817 on: April 23, 2009, 02:50:57 PM »

Isn't Boxing slated for having too many titles?

Maybe. i hate boxing.

My point is just that whether WWE has 1, 2,3 or 10 belts ist how they are used that important to making the belt what it is. If the next 3 WWE champs are Santino, Mike Knox & Hornswoggle then the belt just looks silly. I'm not saying Foley is in that league but i just think TNA has plenty of great talent that will not be overly happy that Mick Foley is TNA's Champion. I just dont think he'll progress the company the way TNA needs to be progressed.

Like i said i started to get into TNA since the start of the draft and i was just starting to think... this company has potential. Good figurehead in Sting. Stable feud (albeit done before) and some bloody insane talent and risks. And for me this kinda put TNA back a step.

[/color]

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13818 on: April 23, 2009, 02:56:27 PM »

Yeah but Mick Foley in some circles is as popular as Sting.

Foley is a hardcore legend, so he winning a steel cage match is plausible. Foley has never been a roided out athletically gifted freak of a monster. his wrestling style is still very similar to his WWE days and he can still work very well.
Foley isn't a technical guy or a guy who relies on his physique so he can get away with what others couldn't.

plus, U have to see where this is going

Your credibility argument is just shot to hell dude.

Shane McMahon beating the shit out of Orton and the legacy will make Orton a credible champ how?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 02:58:01 PM by D » Logged

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13819 on: April 23, 2009, 03:32:22 PM »

Lockdown was a superb and very bloody PPV

Mick Foley winning the title was played very well - Foley is just nuts, punching yourself in the head?! EC-DUB!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 689 690 [691] 692 693 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: