Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 12:49:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228532 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 688 689 [690] 691 692 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 833200 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13780 on: April 19, 2009, 06:01:23 PM »

No monster stays unbeatable and unstoppable forever, it's always the way, they just debut a new monster and go throw the same old routine.

Some stay fairly legit and remain at the top of the pile, Undertaker, Samoe Joe?  But they still don't have that unstoppable monster appeal that they intially had.  Remember Undertaker jobbing cleanly to Khali to put him over?  And Joe since his return, the gimmick is right but the dude has got fatter.

Others Abyss was great we used to say how he had gone from an inferior to a superior Kane.  Better wrestler, kept the mask, great manager, didn't speak.  Now he's a comedy dude, they have destroyed him, his only saving grace is having his mask.

Umaga, I know he hasn't but you feel he lost to Triple H 100 times in a row.  It's a shame because he is decent in the ring.

Khali stinks in the ring and should be sacked, he has been turned into a comedy after having the usual initial unbeatable streak.

Big Show has gone round in circles, from top of the card to midcard and back up again, seeing how good he was in WCW and how streamline though, he's all a bit meh.

Kane losing the mask was bad but worst is been jobbed out to Rey Mysterio people just don't buy that crap.

Rather than trying to save the past monsters, just move to the new ones, I like Zeke to, push that man to the moon.

And Knox and Kane as a tag team works for me, The Desert Destroyer and The Big Red Machine.  Give Knox tights similiar to Kane's, give them a name and its all good.

And putting two people who aren't over together and seeing what happens is lazy and doesn't work?  The New Age Outlaws disagree, APA disagree, Too Cool disagree.  Its lazy if you don't give them a name or put some effort into it, put give them a name and/or gimmick/attire and its all good.  It is annoying when they don't think into it to much (Owen Hart and British Bulldog worked though amazingly well, without a team name or matching attire, a classic combo).  I still say Zeke and Mark Henry with a gimmick could be good.  Monster teams tearing through the company, that'd be great, I love monster combos, have Henry and Zeke layout the World Champs, heck start a stable, stables are always a fave of mine.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13781 on: April 19, 2009, 06:19:20 PM »

Miz 'n' Morrison are another example of two random guys thrown together and making something that works. I really didn't think when they won the Tag Titles from Matt and MVP that they'd stay together as long as they did.

Are there only four tag teams in the WWE right now?

Colons
Jesse and Festus
Cryme Tyme
Priceless (though they're busy with Orton just now)

That's all I can think of. Am I mising any? It's late, can't think 100%... Tongue

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13782 on: April 19, 2009, 06:24:02 PM »

Must be late you forgot Festus has left Jesse muahahahaha.  Cool  Task for the HTGTH Wrasslin fans for the week, repackage Festus! Go!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13783 on: April 19, 2009, 10:30:40 PM »

Great! It wasn't Taz, Lashley showing up....now THAT works.  Cheesy
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13784 on: April 20, 2009, 05:02:14 AM »

People say Abyss has been ruined but I disagree

He's always been consistently insane - its now just a question of giving him wins

If he hits a Black Hole Slam on anyone - you'll accept the win, you'll buy him as ultra tough

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13785 on: April 20, 2009, 05:27:27 AM »

Great! It wasn't Taz, Lashley showing up....now THAT works.  Cheesy

Apparently Taz is coming too as Joe's manager

Lashley...now thats an intresting one, a new MEM member?

...but Foley winning the title, i mean Cactus Jack winning the title. Now thats a shock - taking the title after a legitimate retirement

I'm never sure what condition Foley is in - can he actually get through the match or is he drugged to hell on painkillers?

If this is part of a serious angle then great - i worry if its a bit ''owners perogative'', after all we've seen Vince take the WWE and ECW title out of nothing more than ego. The critic might say this is the hand of Vince Russo - where's David Arquette when you need him?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #13786 on: April 20, 2009, 10:56:47 AM »

Foley said in his autobiography I think that he wished his match against Triple H at the Royal Rumble 2000 was his last match. Even after that was released he kept coming back.

The Orton feud was the only thing that worked as I recall.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13787 on: April 20, 2009, 10:59:54 AM »

The Orton feud was the only thing that worked as I recall.
The 'Mania match with Edge was superb!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13788 on: April 20, 2009, 11:54:00 AM »

Is Lashley still the steroid fuelled juggernaut from WWE days?

While it was obvioulsy terrifying to beyold a man heading for an early grave - those muscles were fuckin' impresive, if i was told he could tear a phone book in half - i'd have believed it

..as for Foley wishing his last match had been against Triple H, Foley retired far too early - and anyone that comes back and takes the title clearly deserved to come back- its when you linger on for forever with no real point, thats when its gone wrong (Flair - i'm talking to u!)

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13789 on: April 20, 2009, 12:22:21 PM »

Is Lashley still the steroid fuelled juggernaut from WWE days?
Hard to say he was in a suit, I'd guess he won't be as ripped, as an MMA Fighter he'll have more useful muscle now, less of a bodybuilder look.

Look at Brock Lesnar now, he's still a giant yet he is not as ripped as he once was just bulky.

But yeah back to the point, he is still going to have that monster look, I just hope they don't let him talk...much.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13790 on: April 20, 2009, 01:12:41 PM »

What do we want done with Lashley?

I think he should join the MEM - he'd work as a suited goon, plus he's a bit of youth to compensate for a fading Keven Nash

TNA needs to make up its mind what it wants to do with the Frontline and MEM - with Daniels and Lashley on the scene it seems like a good time for that

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13791 on: April 20, 2009, 01:35:08 PM »

I think he should join the MEM - he'd work as a suited goon, plus he's a bit of youth to compensate for a fading Keven Nash

TNA needs to make up its mind what it wants to do with the Frontline and MEM - with Daniels and Lashley on the scene it seems like a good time for that
I'm guessing he is going to be a babyface.

If he was joining MEM he'd have got involved and helped them win.

Instead he shows up post fight and points to the ring and MEM smile as if to imply he is joining them, but I think it'll turn out to be a swerve and he'll join the Frontline.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13792 on: April 20, 2009, 02:14:28 PM »

Just when i thought Wrestlemania was nuts..... Russo does it again. Mick Foley beats Sting for the title. He is a WWE commentator in essence.

If TNA are trying to show they are WWE competitor then they needs genuine stars as champion. Sting was just that and with the MEM storyline was good. But they have blown that. They have ruined Joe IMO and now there whole top of the card seems a little bit weak.

I am one of the biggest Mick Foley fans but he is not a credible regular in-ring guy anymore and hasn't been for a while.

On the other hand i thought there was some excellent bits last night. Suicide win was great i thought and i enojoyed the majority of matches but another bad ending to an TNA PPV for me.

I'm guessing he is going to be a babyface.

If he was joining MEM he'd have got involved and helped them win.

Instead he shows up post fight and points to the ring and MEM smile as if to imply he is joining them, but I think it'll turn out to be a swerve and he'll join the Frontline.

I'd go with Hammy on this one. He has frontline written all over him.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13793 on: April 20, 2009, 03:46:58 PM »

Bah - Foley aint going to hold the title for long and in a hardcore match he's always going to be the most likely winner

Love it or hate it - it was SHOCK, whether you despaired or rejoiced - u werent BORED by it

I'd take David Arquette beating the entire locker room over another boring main event WWE tag match 'how will they work together!!one11!11!!'

Give me entertainment or give me death

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13794 on: April 20, 2009, 03:58:19 PM »

Mick is a hall of famer........ so why is it stupid that he wins a match?

I got more entertainment out of that PPV last night than most WWE stuff.

WWE bores me to tears for the most part  cept for a few things.

I am watchin Raw tonight out of habit whereas I am counting the days to Impact

WWE= same ole shit different characters whereas TNA is so unpredictable, u have no idea what to expect.

WWE knock out all spontaneous elements of the show.

they can't have someone just appear. They are so ratings driven now, they have to tease the person's return. but u lose the magic and the surprise element

When Lashley came out, WOW, I havent been that surprised in a long time and then u get the surprise of Foley winning the title.

Just a great night all the way around.

The genius of tying Awesome Kong's hair to the cage so she couldn't fight.

THAT IS HOW U JOB and save the MONSTER champion's heat.

WWE TAKE FUCKING NOTES
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 03:59:55 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13795 on: April 20, 2009, 04:03:40 PM »

On another note

The Lashley thing, if u try to make non Russo logical sense out of it is pretty stupid.

Jeff Jarrett is the owner of TNA, so why would he be shocked? Wouldn't he have to be the one to hire Lashley?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13796 on: April 20, 2009, 04:42:53 PM »

On another note

The Lashley thing, if u try to make non Russo logical sense out of it is pretty stupid.

Jeff Jarrett is the owner of TNA, so why would he be shocked? Wouldn't he have to be the one to hire Lashley?

I thought that!

...though I imagine it was more a look of 'what have i done?!'

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13797 on: April 21, 2009, 07:00:25 AM »

Off to see Smackdown later yey!

...and this other show called ''ECW'', any ideas?

If you happen to catch a chant of ''Fire Russo!'' - thats me!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #13798 on: April 21, 2009, 07:29:29 AM »

Lockdown was great live. Team 3/D-Beer Money was awesome. Lashley got booed loudly. I am not sure how it came across on TV. I really think you guys should order the replay it is well worth it. It was better than MANIA, not just cause I was there live but there were 8 solid matches and a few very good/great ones.

I met Sting,Nash and Steiner at the hotel. Pics coming soon.

I had two orange signs anyone see them:

TAZ
Nonstop
Action

I drove 8 hours from Buffalo,NY to see STING

and a sign that said MARKS with arrows pointing all over, people loved that one.

Dixie Carter is fucking hot and really nice. She like, hugs all the fans, it is pretty funny.

Sting was not at Fan Fest but I met him anyway. I feel bad for people who spent $65 to go and meet him since he was advertised. He couldn't have been nicer to everyone at the hotel though.

I had so much fun, I might go to Detroit for Bound for Glory this year.

I am gonna AVOID spoilers this week as I wanna enjoy IMPACT.

I don't know the policy for spoilers here but I hope if people post them here that they warn us first as I visit this thread daily and I don't wanna know what happens Thursday.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 07:32:05 AM by RancidPunx » Logged

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13799 on: April 21, 2009, 08:22:21 AM »

Mick is a hall of famer........ so why is it stupid that he wins a match?

So is Ric Flair, So is Steamboat.... would you find it stupid if they beat HHH at backlash? Coz thats what we are talking about here.

Its not stupid that he wins "a" Match but it is stupid that he wins the world title off Sting. It makes all the guys that tried to beat Sting before look weaker so we are talking AJ, Angle etc.

Enjoyment is great and we all love seeing legends like Foley back and involved. But your champion represents your company and now what TNA are saying is at this moment in TNA Mick Foley is the No1 guy. If you are fine with that then great but i think if you are trying to get people interested in your product you need a real Champion..... WCW did it with Hogan & Goldberg, WWE did it with Hogan, Bret, HBK, Austin, Rock, HHH etc. And i know you'll point to lesser champions in WWE like Khali, Kane and Maybe CM Punk but WWE can afford to do that as the leaders of what they do.

I just think the MEM got alot of credibility taken from them on Sunday, despite how enjoyable it was or is.

However i'd just like to say it was a good PPV overall having watched it again, but some creative decsions make WWE creative look like genius and that not the case.

MCMG are just awesome. Suicide leap was epic, and i always enjoy watching AJ Styles. 3D match was good too. A better watch than Mania IMO

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Pages: 1 ... 688 689 [690] 691 692 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: