Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 12:55:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228532 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 687 688 [689] 690 691 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 833248 times)
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #13760 on: April 18, 2009, 05:55:49 AM »

I'm sure this has been brought up but is anyone else thinking that Smackdowns Roster is now the most watchable.

I mean:

Edge
Jericho
Jeff Hardy
CM Punk
Undertaker
Shelton Benjamin
Morrison
Rey Mysterio
Umaga
Gail Kim

Thats some awesome talent there. Yeah RAW has most of the "Star Names" like Cena, Orton, HHH, HBK & Batista. But i personally don't find them as interesting on the whole. I'm glad to see Matt Hardy & MVP on RAW but i think if i was forced to chose shows i think SD would be my choice.

Hopefully we'll see Matches like this Again. Its Amazing when you look back at how many brilliant matches Edge has had. But this is definatly in my top 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFkpAa_GGGk

Wow... I can barley even remember that match, if at all.

Unfortunately for Edge, he also has had over 20 "seen it before" matches with John Cena.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13761 on: April 18, 2009, 07:08:52 AM »

I'm sure this has been brought up but is anyone else thinking that Smackdowns Roster is now the most watchable.

I mean:

Edge
Jericho
Jeff Hardy
CM Punk
Undertaker
Shelton Benjamin
Morrison
Rey Mysterio
Umaga
Gail Kim

Thats some awesome talent there. Yeah RAW has most of the "Star Names" like Cena, Orton, HHH, HBK & Batista. But i personally don't find them as interesting on the whole. I'm glad to see Matt Hardy & MVP on RAW but i think if i was forced to chose shows i think SD would be my choice.

Hopefully we'll see Matches like this Again. Its Amazing when you look back at how many brilliant matches Edge has had. But this is definatly in my top 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFkpAa_GGGk

Wow... I can barley even remember that match, if at all.

Unfortunately for Edge, he also has had over 20 "seen it before" matches with John Cena.

But you think of Edge vs Foley and all the TLC matches he has been in. He had two great matches against Kurt Angle and another two (including above) with Eddie Guerreo. He also made Batista look good at a PPV i remember.

And i remember a Match with RVD which was one of my favs too.

We all know how good he is on the mic and his acting is brilliant but i forgot how many great matches he's been in

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13762 on: April 18, 2009, 08:22:06 AM »

So much for the draft - there were more Raw guys on Smackdown than Smackdown guys....

Anyway, saw Mania at last

Boring.

Even the set design and pyro looked uninspired

Taker vs HBK was superb - but it really showed up the limits of WWE, both guys were limited to about 5 moves each.

Rest of the card was barely worth it and the legends and diva match was shocking

..strangely enough Backlash (the weakest of all PPV's) has an intresting card - certainly better than Mania's....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #13763 on: April 18, 2009, 12:08:40 PM »

Izzy, come on we all know the DRADT results dont take effect until next monday, with SD taped on Tuesday and played on friday, most of the draft changes were not announced until wednesday at noon, so it wouldnt make sense to have the new SD guys wrestling on SD before the announcements. Don't bash everything

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13764 on: April 18, 2009, 12:18:37 PM »

Izzy, come on we all know the DRADT results dont take effect until next monday, with SD taped on Tuesday and played on friday, most of the draft changes were not announced until wednesday at noon, so it wouldnt make sense to have the new SD guys wrestling on SD before the announcements. Don't bash everything

Really....

Cos I'm failry certain I heard the commentators going on about the draft results, and each wrestler was identified in the menu bars as belonging to the correct post draft brand confused

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13765 on: April 18, 2009, 12:25:01 PM »

Anyway, saw Mania at last

Boring.

I agree.

Taker vs HBK was superb - but it really showed up the limits of WWE, both guys were limited to about 5 moves each.

I know what your saying but i've watched the last 4 TNA PPVs and not one match was as good as HBK vs Taker at Mania.

I think that match and the hardys match were of Wrestlemania quality but that was it IMO

..strangely enough Backlash (the weakest of all PPV's) has an intresting card - certainly better than Mania's....

Its not that different is it? it certainly has Edge vs Cena again and it has Jeff vs Matt again.

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13766 on: April 18, 2009, 12:27:47 PM »

Really....

Cos I'm failry certain I heard the commentators going on about the draft results, and each wrestler was identified in the menu bars as belonging to the correct post draft brand confused
Word is commentators often go to Titan Towers to re-record parts later in the week.  They had to identify people with the correct brands, but they also made the point about how it was Maryse's last appearance on Smackdown, they did say possibly ever which was comical considering how quickly the brand split often gets forgotten.

On the Backlash front it does have Edge and Cena again but without Big Show and in an always enjoyable Last Man Standing match.

Hardy vs Hardy in an I Quit bout and it should be better as they'll get more time.
Evolution
« Reply #13767 on: April 18, 2009, 12:39:22 PM »

Thought it was a good time to post this again, the title reigns league for the current WWE Roster!

1. Edge - 26 reigns (WWE Champion four times, WWE World Heavyweight Champion four times, WWE Intercontinental Champion five times, WCW United States Champion one time, WWE Tag Team Champion one time (with Rey Mysterio - 1) and WWE World Tag Team Champion eleven times (with Christian - 7, Hollywood Hulk Hogan - 1, Chris Benoit - 2 and Randy Orton - 1)

2. Triple H - 20 reigns (WWE Champion eight times, WWE World Heavyweight Champion five times, WWE Intercontinental Champion four times, WWE European Champion two times and WWE World Tag Team Champion one time (with Stone Cold Steve Austin - 1)

3. Chris Jericho - 18 reigns (WWE Undisputed Champion one time, WWE World Heavyweight Champion two time, WWE World/WCW Champion two times, WWE Intercontinental Champion eight times, WWE European Champion one time, WWE Hardcore Champion one time and WWE World Tag Team Champion three times (with Chris Benoit - 1, The Rock - 1 and Christian - 1)

4. Jeff Hardy - 17 reigns (WWE Champion one time, WWE Intercontinental Champion four times, WWE European Champion one time, WWE Hardcore Champion three times, WWE World Tag Team Champion six times (with Matt Hardy - 6), WCW Tag Team Champion one time (with Matt Hardy - 1) and WWE Light Heavyweight Champion one time)

5. Christian - 15 reigns (WWE Intercontinental Champion three times, WWE European Champion one time, WWE Light Heavyweight Champion one time, WWE Hardcore Champion one time and WWE World Tag Team Champion nine times (with Lance Storm - 1, Chris Jericho - 1 and Edge - 7)
6. Kane - 15 reigns (WWE Champion one time, ECW Champion one time, WWE Intercontinental Champion two times, WWE Hardcore Champion one time, WWE World Tag Team Champion nine times (with Mankind - 2, X-Pac - 2, The Undertaker - 2, The Hurricane - 1, Rob Van Dam - 1 and The Big Show) and WCW Tag Team Champion one time (with The Undertaker - 1)
7. William Regal - 15 reigns (WWE Intercontinental Champion two times, WWE European Champion four times, WWE Hardcore Champion five times and WWE World Tag Team Champion four times (with Lance Storm - 2, Eugene - 1 and Tajiri - 1)

8. Tommy Dreamer - 14 reigns (WWE Hardcore Champion fourteen times)
9. The Undertaker - 14 reigns (WWE Champion four times, WWE World Heavyweight Champion two times, WWE Hardcore Champion one time, WWE World Tag Team Champion six times (with Stone Cold Steve Austin - 1, The Big Show - 2, The Rock - 1 and Kane - 2) and WCW Tag Team Champion one time (with Kane - 1)

10. Goldust - 13 reigns (WWE Intercontinental Champion three times, WWE Hardcore Champion nine times and WWE World Tag Team Champion one time (with Booker T - 1)
11. Matt Hardy - 13 reigns (ECW Champion one time, WWE United States Champion one time, WWE European Champion one time, WWE Hardcore Champion one time, WWE Cruiserweight Champion one time, WWE World Tag Team Champion six times (with Jeff Hardy - 6), WWE Tag Team Champion one time(with MVP - 1) and WCW Tag Team Champion one time (with Jeff Hardy - 1)

12. Shawn Michaels - 12 reigns (WWE Champion three times, WWE World Heavyweight Champion one time, WWE Intercontinental Champion three times, WWE European Champion one time and WWE World Tag Team Champion four times (with Diesel - 2, Stone Cold Steve Austin - 1 and John Cena - 1)

13. The Big Show - 10 reigns - WWE Champion two times, ECW Champion one times, WWE United States Champion one time, WWE Hardcore Champion three times and WWE World Tag Team Champion three times (with The Undertaker - 2 and Kane - 1)
14. John Cena - 10 reigns (WWE Champion three times, WWE World Heavyweight Champion two times, WWE United States Champion three times and WWE World Tag Team Champion two times (with Shawn Michaels - 1 and Batista - 1)

15. Rey Mysterio - 9 reigns (WWE World Heavyweight Champion one time, WWE Intercontinental Champion one time, WWE Cruiserweight Champion three times and WWE Tag Team Champion four times (with Edge - 1, Rob Van Dam - 1, Eddie Guerrero - 1 and Batista - 1)

16. Batista - 8 reigns - (WWE World Heavyweight Champion four times, WWE Tag Team Champion one time (with Rey Mysterio - 1) and WWE World Tag Team Champion three times (with Ric Flair - 2 and John Cena - 1)
17. John Morrison - 8 reigns (ECW Champion one time, WWE Intercontinental Champion two times, WWE Tag Team Champion four times (with Joey Mercury - 3 and The Miz - 1) and WWE World Tag Team Champion one time (with The Miz - 1)

18. Chavo Guerrero - 7 reigns (ECW Champion one time, WWE Cruiserweight Champion four times and WWE Tag Team Champion two times (with Eddie Guerrero - 2)

19. Hurricane Helms - 6 reigns (WWE European Champion one time, WWE Hardcore Champion one time, WWE Cruiserweight Champion two times and WWE World Tag Team Champion twice (with Kane - 1 and Rosey - 1)
20. Shelton Benjamin - 6 reigns (WWE Intercontinental Champion three times, WWE United States Champion one time and WWE Tag Team Champion two times (with Charlie Haas - 2)

21. Randy Orton - 5 reigns (WWE Champion two times, WWE World Heavyweight Champion one time, WWE Intercontinental Champion one time and WWE World Tag Team Champion one time (with Edge - 1)

22. Mickie James - 4 reigns (WWE Women's Champion four times)
23. CM Punk - 4 reigns (WWE World Heavyweight Champion one time, WWE Intercontinental Champion one time, ECW Champion one time and WWE World Tag Team Champion one time (with Kofi Kingston - 1)
24. Carlito - 4 reigns (WWE Intercontinental Champion one time, WWE United States Champion one time, WWE Unified Tag Team Champion one time (with Primo Colon - 1 and WWE Tag Team Champion one time (with Primo Colon - 1)

25. Charlie Haas - 3 reigns (WWE Tag Team Champion three times (with Shelton Benjamin - 2 and Rico - 1)
26. Cody Rhodes - 3 reigns (WWE World Tag Team Champion three times (with Hardcore Holly - 1 and Ted DiBiase - 2)
27. Melina - 3 reigns (WWE Women's Champion three times)
28. MVP - 3 reigns (WWE United States Champion two times and WWE Tag Team Champion one time (with Matt Hardy - 1)

29. Shane McMahon - 2 reigns (WWE European Champion one time and WWE Hardcore Champion one time)
30. R-Truth - 2 reigns (WWE Hardcore Champion two times)
31. Kung Fu Naki - 2 reigns (WWE Hardcore Champion one time and WWE Cruiserweight Champion one time)
32. Vince McMahon - 2 reigns (WWE Champion one time and ECW Champion one time)
33. Umaga - 2 reigns (WWE Intercontinental Champion two times)
34. The Brian Kendrick - 2 reigns (WWE Tag Team Champion one time (with Paul London - 1) and WWE World Tag Team Champion one time (with Paul London - 1)
35. Mark Henry - 2 reigns (ECW Champion one time and WWE European Champion one time)
36. Ted DiBiase - 2 reigns (WWE World Tag Team Champion two times (with Cody Rhodes - 2)
37. Beth Phoenix - 2 reigns (WWE Women's Champion two times)
38. Santino Marella - 2 reigns (WWE Intercontinental Champion two times)
39. Kofi Kingston - 2 reigns (WWE Intercontinental Champion one time and WWE World Tag Team Champion one time (with CM Punk - 1)
40. The Miz - 2 reigns (WWE Tag Team Champion one time (with John Morrison - 1 and WWE World Tag Team Champion one time (with John Morrison - 1)
41. Primo Colon - 2 reigns (WWE Tag Team Champion one time (with Carlito - 1) and WWE World Tag Team Champion one time (with Carlito - 1)

42. Jamie Noble - 1 reign (WWE Cruiserweight Champion one time)
43. Gail Kim - 1 reign (WWE Women's Champion one time)
44. Dolph Ziggler - 1 reign (WWE World Tag Team Champion one time (with The Spirit Squad - 1)
45. Finlay - 1 reign (WWE United States Champion one time)
46. Mr. Kennedy - 1 reign (WWE United States Champion one time)
47. Sim Snuka - 1 reign (WWE Tag Team Champion one time (with Domino - 1)
48. Candice Michelle - 1 reign (WWE Women's Champion one time)
49. The Great Khali - 1 reign (WWE World Heavyweight Champion one time)
50. Hornswoggle - 1 reign (WWE Cruiserweight Champion one time)
51. Curt Hawkins - 1 reign (WWE Tag Team Champion one time (with Zack Ryder - 1)
52. Zack Ryder - 1 reign (WWE Tag Team Champion one time (with Curt Hawkins - 1)
53. Michelle McCool - 1 reign (WWE Diva's Champion one time)
54. Maryse - 1 reign (WWE Diva's Champion one time)
55. Jack Swagger - 1 reign (ECW Champion one time)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 12:14:43 PM by Faraday » Logged
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13768 on: April 19, 2009, 07:08:06 AM »

i think its awesome to make guys work their way up the titles.

Guys like Edge, HBK, Bret Hart & Hardys have done it the way it should be done IMO

If you look at the list their isn't many that do that anymore. Guys like Cena got pushed so fast that he never was part of the Tag Division. yeah he won the tag titles but thats not the same thing.

Take a look at the current wwe tag roster, who in 10 years might be a world champion? Maybe Dibiase but the philosophy has definatly changed.

I understand that some charecters don't suit tag wrestling like Undertaker or Umaga. But with so much excess talent why not throw 6 guys together and make 3 new tag teams.

[/color]

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13769 on: April 19, 2009, 11:16:38 AM »

I think thats what they may be doing with Kane & Mike Knox, they've been teaming up abit on house shows lately and afew months ago on Raw they teased a team alittle. To be honest I think thats how both guys could be utilized best, I'd be pretty happy with them as a monster team.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13770 on: April 19, 2009, 12:30:36 PM »

I think thats what they may be doing with Kane & Mike Knox, they've been teaming up abit on house shows lately and afew months ago on Raw they teased a team alittle. To be honest I think thats how both guys could be utilized best, I'd be pretty happy with them as a monster team.

Do you work for WWE?

Cos that idea is so boring it could only have been thought of by one of their writers

Throw 2 waste of spaces together in a contrived tag team - here's a better idea...why not just fire them? If these people are no good on their own why are they going to be any good together?

A good tag team requires a proper name, matching attire etc - why are the audience going to care when such a lazy pairing shows the writers dont?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13771 on: April 19, 2009, 12:40:04 PM »

Kane's been with the company for years so it may seem a bit awkward to just fire him now. A tag team would give him something to do. Besides, isn't he supposed to be retiring soon? Let him win the Tag Titles and then have some new, younger team 'miraculously' beat the monsters, which would put them over. I'm not quite sure who this 'new, younger' team is, mind you... Tongue

As for Mike Knox when Kane's gone..... I don't know that either...

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13772 on: April 19, 2009, 12:41:01 PM »

I know what your saying but i've watched the last 4 TNA PPVs and not one match was as good as HBK vs Taker at Mania.

Sabin vs Shelley was as good as anything I've ever seen

Angle vs Jarrett has been fantastic every single time (including when I saw them live)

TNA PPV's usually fall short, but check this weeks TNA IMPACT - Angle vs Daniels was just wonderfull. IMPACT is where TNA shines, strange they struggle at PPV's.

Its not that different is it? it certainly has Edge vs Cena again and it has Jeff vs Matt again.

Mania should have had Cena vs Edge - Big Show ruined it, we're getting what we deserved from before

Matt vs Jeff was uninspired, but an I Quit match holds promise, ''extreme rules'' matches are basically a slap in the face from a company that even banned blading....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13773 on: April 19, 2009, 12:45:23 PM »

honestly, if TNA dropped their PPVs down a to 2 hours or 2 and a half they'd be better.

Like I said a couple months ago. For every Sabin/Shelly amazing fantastic match, they have something right after that just doesn't belong on PPV.

They put too many "Impact" matches on PPV.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13774 on: April 19, 2009, 12:51:06 PM »

Kane's been with the company for years so it may seem a bit awkward to just fire him now. A tag team would give him something to do. Besides, isn't he supposed to be retiring soon? Let him win the Tag Titles and then have some new, younger team 'miraculously' beat the monsters, which would put them over. I'm not quite sure who this 'new, younger' team is, mind you... Tongue

As for Mike Knox when Kane's gone..... I don't know that either...

WWE needs an honest-to-god champion

Someone that just seems unstoppable - someone you could fling match after match against and would prevail

You'd have the buzz of wondering who would be up to the task

We need someone that could win cleanly again and again - but would still make the opponent look good

TNA might be doing this with Joe - love or hate him, you really wonder how anyone would slow him down, and that adds a new dimension to the matches

...now why not try that with Kane?

I'm not so old that I cant remember the Kane from years back, he pulled off the monster gimmick - people would accept him as unstoppable (as you sure as hell didnt with JBL.....)

People just despair when John Cena wins (hell, even i do - and i like him!)

Set Kane on a rampage, it would give him a role and fill a gap in WWE

...he needs his mask though, a fat bald guy is more comical than terrifying...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13775 on: April 19, 2009, 01:33:51 PM »

No WWE 'monster' stays a monster. Umaga, before he got injured (the first time), was jobbing to everyone. Kane, likewise (how many times has he lost clean to Rey Mysterio?). Hell, even Khali is now wearing red pyjamas and hosting the Kiss Cam (though he's probably better in a comedy role...).

Festus could be turned into a 'monster' now that he's solo on Raw. Tongue He said hopefully....

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13776 on: April 19, 2009, 02:12:22 PM »

No WWE 'monster' stays a monster. Umaga, before he got injured (the first time), was jobbing to everyone. Kane, likewise (how many times has he lost clean to Rey Mysterio?). Hell, even Khali is now wearing red pyjamas and hosting the Kiss Cam (though he's probably better in a comedy role...).

Festus could be turned into a 'monster' now that he's solo on Raw. Tongue He said hopefully....

Indeed, WWE blows it

They have no idea that a monster needs to win and win and win again - its not enough that their behavious is suitable odd....

Festus is too darn fat, nuff said

ol' Mr Jackson would have been PERFECT - he looks like he would tear your heart out and eat it, he has a finisher that is devestating and those muscles mean he's credible

..and they moved him to ECW?!?

I'd have had him manipulated by Kendrick, in a manager role, - used as his hit man, and have him work his way through Smackdown - and yes, he'd have the title within a month or two with me in charge. He has the image and the power to be a superb monster - why the hell are they wasting him?

TNA buy him now!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13777 on: April 19, 2009, 02:20:30 PM »

Wasting him? There nuturing him. He only started wrestling late 2007, thats why he's in ECW to give him a chance to face some jobbers and hell anyone who faces Finlay will learn a shitload from the start.

Do you work for WWE?

Cos that idea is so boring it could only have been thought of by one of their writers

Throw 2 waste of spaces together in a contrived tag team - here's a better idea...why not just fire them? If these people are no good on their own why are they going to be any good together?

A good tag team requires a proper name, matching attire etc - why are the audience going to care when such a lazy pairing shows the writers dont?

Did I say it would be Awe-inspiring tag team? No I didn't. A good team needs a name, attire ect? Remind me what were Abyss & Morgan's team called? That was exactly the same situation as Kane/Knox aka giving them something to do instead of them just being inactive.

Working as a team allows people to get out there more, take The Miz for example alot of people hated him but since he tagged with Morrison he is more liked and his skills have improved tenfold. Bret Hart aswell, he was going nowhere till he and Neidhart got together and that propelled him. HBK, Jeff Hardy, Edge, hell even Austin in WCW with Pillman.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13778 on: April 19, 2009, 03:13:18 PM »

Did I say it would be Awe-inspiring tag team? No I didn't. A good team needs a name, attire ect? Remind me what were Abyss & Morgan's team called?

Exactly - another example of the lazy 'throw em together' tag team idea. It didnt work, it was a waste

I wish they'd make up their minds as to what they are going to do with Abyss - hook him up with Daffney and have them do some damage.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13779 on: April 19, 2009, 03:42:19 PM »

Did I say it would be Awe-inspiring tag team? No I didn't. A good team needs a name, attire ect? Remind me what were Abyss & Morgan's team called?

Exactly - another example of the lazy 'throw em together' tag team idea. It didnt work, it was a waste

I wish they'd make up their minds as to what they are going to do with Abyss - hook him up with Daffney and have them do some damage.

I just can't see Abyss as a viable threat, just the way he is booked leaves alot to be desired, I'd link it to Kozlov aka once they were built up to look like contender then once they lose they lose there value of being a danger.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Pages: 1 ... 687 688 [689] 690 691 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: