Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 10:35:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228531 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 686 687 [688] 689 690 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 832797 times)
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13740 on: April 16, 2009, 12:57:55 PM »

I'm sure this has been brought up but is anyone else thinking that Smackdowns Roster is now the most watchable.

I mean:

Edge
Jericho
Jeff Hardy
CM Punk
Undertaker
Shelton Benjamin
Morrison
Rey Mysterio
Umaga
Gail Kim

Thats some awesome talent there. Yeah RAW has most of the "Star Names" like Cena, Orton, HHH, HBK & Batista. But i personally don't find them as interesting on the whole. I'm glad to see Matt Hardy & MVP on RAW but i think if i was forced to chose shows i think SD would be my choice.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13741 on: April 16, 2009, 02:57:14 PM »

^That is quite a good list. I'm not so high on Benjamin and Umaga mind you, but hopefully some good feuds can come of the draft.

Mysterio can be too.... nice at times, but if he has the right opponent (ie. Bourne) he can have cool matches. No more putting him in the ring with big guys and having him miraculously beat them. Angry

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13742 on: April 16, 2009, 04:10:43 PM »

Tag teams

Factions

Cruiserweight league

Thats how you start the recovery

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13743 on: April 16, 2009, 04:27:54 PM »

Following the aftermath of the two drafts, three wrestlers in particular appear to very much in danger of being "future endeavored" in the near future.

As noted in an earlier report, ECW wrestler DJ Gabriel's future is said to be very much in doubt following the departure of his manager Alicia Fox to SmackDown in the Supplemental Draft. Fox's move to SmackDown may have been the death knell on his character as he was having enough trouble finding television time as it is when he was partnered with her. His push was nixed a while ago after he failed to generate any semblance of a connection with the audience following numerous television matches. Gabriel has not competed in a singles match on ECW on Sci Fi since March 10, 2009.

Another wrestler on the endangered species list comes in the form of SmackDown star Curt Hawkins following his tag partner Zack Ryder's departure to ECW in the Supplemental Draft. Ryder is more regarded by company officials, which is why he got the nod for a fresh new start and possible singles push on ECW. Hawkins is now left to fend for himself on SmackDown and things don't look good for him to say the least.

A third wrestler to watch out for is SmackDown wrestler Jesse following the departure of his trusty tag partner Festus to the Raw brand in the Supplemental Draft. Jesse has yet to even garner a singles win on WWE television, which should be a good indication of his future prospects in the company ? or lack thereof. Of course, Jesse is the son of legendary wrestler Terry Gordy of the Fabulous Freebirds, who head SmackDown creative team writer and fellow Freebird Michael Hayes fondly remembers. Hayes is perhaps the second generation wrestler's lone saving grace as he has a lot of pull in the company and can put a good word in for him. However, in these trying times when the company is looking to cut costs wherever, Hayes probably won't have enough pull to ultimately save his job. On another note, he was the main person behind Jesse and Festus getting called up to the SmackDown roster in the summer of 2007.

http://www.wrestling-edge.com/wwenews.php?subaction=showfull&id=1239913221&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1&
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13744 on: April 16, 2009, 10:44:26 PM »

Vince McMahon needs to watch TNA tonight and take some fucking notes.

What a show

I have ADD and I have a lot of shit to do, so i always fast forward whenever possible.

I couldn't fast forward anything tonight at all.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13745 on: April 17, 2009, 07:04:00 AM »

This sounds interesting, its a good looking line-up for the event to, glad the Tag Titles aren't a Cage Match, having everymatch like that can be overkill.
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #13746 on: April 17, 2009, 11:47:11 AM »

WWE ring announcer Tony Chimel announced at last night's Raw house show in Dublin, Ireland that the Undertaker's retirement tour would take place in April 2010.

Source: PW Mania

Looks like Taker is hanging his boots up towards the end of next year.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Evolution
« Reply #13747 on: April 17, 2009, 12:02:08 PM »

Hmm, I'll need to get a ticket for that tour.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13748 on: April 17, 2009, 02:12:10 PM »

I want to say it once again that TNA is a must watch this week. The final match/ending is great!

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13749 on: April 17, 2009, 03:02:30 PM »

I count down the days between IMPACT's

Best thing going - I never know what they will do next, keeps me hooked

..and the new signing - its Tazz, c'mon, thats obvious

...as a heel, and part of MEM...hmmm, he could be intresting. They would really need to play on his former psycho gimmick to do it justice

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13750 on: April 17, 2009, 04:08:27 PM »

..and the new signing - its Tazz, c'mon, thats obvious

...as a heel, and part of MEM...hmmm, he could be intresting. They would really need to play on his former psycho gimmick to do it justice
He's fat and can't wrestle anymore so that would be a let down.

Anyway doesn't all WWE Talent have a "90 Day No Compete Clause?"

And by saying a Former World Champion from another organisation surely they are only saying he was a World Champion elsewhere, not, we have snatched him straight from another company.

What about Psycho Sid or Lashley?  I definately want someone who actually wrestles.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13751 on: April 17, 2009, 04:13:57 PM »

It is Philly and Tazz was huge on ECW

i dont know......... i'd be disappointed as well.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13752 on: April 17, 2009, 04:23:32 PM »

It is Philly and Tazz was huge on ECW

i dont know......... i'd be disappointed as well.
I know it makes sense, but aside from commentating he is in no shape to have a role, although he has hinted about joining....

Yo,

Well, after leaving WWE recently, I would like to make my first public comments here on the page. I would like to thank the Pro Wrestling fan base for the support through all my years with ECW & WWE! I especially want to thank all of you on this Facebook fan page from all over the world! I try to read most of your comments and I am truly flattered on how many of you supported what I did in the real ECW and my broadcasting accomplishments in WWE. Lets face it, after my debut at MSG vs the great Kurt Angle their wasn't much for me to "hang my hat on" as a wrestler during my tenure wrestling for WWE.

Now, I want to clear up some "true & false" for all of you....

TRUE
-My contract expired the end of March and I had given my notice several weeks prior
-I ask WWE for my release to pursue other interest
-I offered to call Wrestlemania while I was not contractually obligated....and offered to call the show for free to the company.
-I have fulfilled EVERY obligation to the WWE, and pride myself on leaving the proper/professional way.
-On my way out, from Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn & Stephanie ALL treated me great...which was cool.
-I APPRECIATE all of the offers for appearances but right now I'm just doing very few appearances (if any). I'm gonna chill out and watch my kid hit baseballs.
-I am done wrestling. At 41 years old, several neck and shoulder issues...not happening. I would be a former shell of myself.
-I too have hated the extra "Z"

FALSE
-Burnout (If anything, I'm more inspired & motivated now than ever)

Hopefully that clears up some things people were saying in regards to my situation. Also, I have had the opportunity of becoming friends with so many talented & awesome people within the WWE while working there for nearly 10 years and will miss many of them! I would like to thank the writers, road & studio crew and all the talent...especially guys I have a closer friendship with.

I especially want thank three of the main play by play guys I've work with.

Joey Styles
-A dear friend whom I've been goombas with for 15 years and will stay friends with! I felt Joey never had a chance to truly be "Joey Styles" in WWE as an announce talent...that's a shame. But the announce style is completely different than anything Joey ever really did in the business....tough to adapt.

Jim Ross
-The best of the best! True Hall of Famer and a man I respect and appreciate. I cannot thank him enough for all he has taught me as an announcer...as of recent JR & I were the Smack announce team and were doing a strong job in my view....we have shared some good times on many road trips as of recent...BOOMER SOONER!! And I'm a Nebraska Husker fan (lol)

Micheal Cole
-One of my best friends...a guy that truly gave me the confidence to excel as a color commentator years ago in WWE...Cole taught me how to get over the talent, the storylines and get over the brand! He was the only one that had the balls to flat out say to me "its not about you anymore"...I respect that. Amazing work ethic, always would try to find a way for me to get over on him...zero ego & underrated!
I been hearing that Cole has been getting bashed by some on-line fans lately- check this out, if you work at McDonald's and your boss wants you to cook BicMac's...you than go and cook BIG MACS! Anyway, I look forward to working with Cole in the future in some capacity be it TV or Radio.

I want thank World Wrestling Entertainment and the McMahon Family for all the years and all the opportunities...they allowed me a great ride which I truly appreciate.

In closing, I've been in the Pro Wrestling business for 23 years and I don't plan on disappearing anytime soon.

I plan to make an impact real soon in this, the ultimate in businesses and keep it's honor....lol....sorry for crossing the line with my sophomoric humor! Survive if I let you.

FTW
Taz

Impact?  Crossing the Line?

I mean former World Champ from another organisation and with it being Philly, we are looking at a load of ECW guys without jobs, I mean anyone from Justin Credible to Rob Van Dam, I mean the last "Surprise" was Al Snow  hihi

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13753 on: April 17, 2009, 04:26:01 PM »

Nah Hammy his contract ran out so the clause doesn't apply.

Can't see it being Tazz, he said today that he is never going to wrestle again as he doesn't want to be a shell of himself and lets face it TNA have WAY too many authority figures.

You never know Warrior could be a shot, he was apparently open to TNA last year. Pyscho Sid could be a possibility, hell even Savage  hihi.

Knowing TNA though it will be former OVW World Champion, Gavin Spears.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13754 on: April 17, 2009, 04:31:48 PM »

hell even Savage  hihi.

I love Savage as much as the next fan, but as this stage of his, er....life... no

Well if the clause doesn't apply then yeah I'll go with Tazz.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13755 on: April 17, 2009, 05:48:42 PM »

^An old, large, bearded man who Vince McMahon seems to have some sort of personal grudge against. And Randy Savage. no

I see as well as saying "impact", Tazz also said "honor". Ring of Honor?? I don't know. I'm making wild guesses.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13756 on: April 17, 2009, 07:19:25 PM »

Hmm - Mick Foley always seemed to be heading for Don West's job

...but perhaps Tazz is now?

I cant think what use Tazz would be to them other than at commenatary

Quick! To the bandwagon!
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #13757 on: April 17, 2009, 07:54:04 PM »

WWE ring announcer Tony Chimel announced at last night's Raw house show in Dublin, Ireland that the Undertaker's retirement tour would take place in April 2010.

I'm thinking final title run.

...And there needs to be more discussion in this thread about it, this isn't just your average retirement. I'd say maybe my all time favourite wrestler.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13758 on: April 17, 2009, 08:02:36 PM »

I'm thinking final title run.

...And there needs to be more discussion in this thread about it, this isn't just your average retirement. I'd say maybe my all time favourite wrestler.
I lost interest when I read its merely a marketing ploy and he's not retiring yet.  Tongue

I'm more disappointed with people for not picking up on Randy Savage doing the Skinner gimmick  Cheesy
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13759 on: April 18, 2009, 05:02:18 AM »

I'm sure this has been brought up but is anyone else thinking that Smackdowns Roster is now the most watchable.

I mean:

Edge
Jericho
Jeff Hardy
CM Punk
Undertaker
Shelton Benjamin
Morrison
Rey Mysterio
Umaga
Gail Kim

Thats some awesome talent there. Yeah RAW has most of the "Star Names" like Cena, Orton, HHH, HBK & Batista. But i personally don't find them as interesting on the whole. I'm glad to see Matt Hardy & MVP on RAW but i think if i was forced to chose shows i think SD would be my choice.

Hopefully we'll see Matches like this Again. Its Amazing when you look back at how many brilliant matches Edge has had. But this is definatly in my top 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFkpAa_GGGk

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Pages: 1 ... 686 687 [688] 689 690 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: