Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 06:26:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 682 683 [684] 685 686 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 831946 times)
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #13660 on: April 07, 2009, 01:19:19 PM »

Great Raw last night.

The 10 man all star Wrestlemania tag team match, were Ricky Steamboat was wrestling most of the match, the finish, and the genuine celebration at the end with the four young guys was one of those great defining moments that made me realise why I love wrestling so much. I was sitting at home joining in with the 15,000 others in attendance chanting "You've still got it!"

If Ricky is to have one more match, let it be at Backlash one on one with Jericho. Here's hoping.  yes

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13661 on: April 07, 2009, 01:22:33 PM »

I am amazed that some of you think Wrestlemania was of a suitable standard. I have watched it 3 times now and my opinion has not changed.

Undertaker vs HBK and Jeff vs Matt aside you watched a pimped up RAW.

People will talk about HBK vs Taker for years. And rightly so but but for anyone to say Orton vs HHH wasn't rubbish is simply wrong. It was easily the worst Main event for 10 years and probally in the 3 worst WM main events ever.

I don't agree that Taker vs HBK should have finished the card. It should always be the winner of the Rumble vs a Champion. But you have to do better than all concerned did.

One bad match doesn't ruin a PPV but then One good one doesn't make it either. I know that D liked the MITB well i watched all 5 today and i'm sorry but thats the worst MITB match. I'm not saying it was aweful just not as good as the others.

I just think in 3 years you'll think that this Mania was poor. Its certainly the worst Mania of the current era IMO even if it did showcase a classic between HBK and Taker.

I enjoyed RAW though last night though

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13662 on: April 07, 2009, 01:33:08 PM »

I don't agree that Taker vs HBK should have finished the card. It should always be the winner of the Rumble vs a Champion. But you have to do better than all concerned did.

To be fair, Cena won the Rumble last year and didn't main event which no one complained about. Plus just look at Bigelow vs Taylor to see that the title isn't always the biggest draw. IMO I just think the best match/the match people want to see most should headline. The title being on the line between HHH & Orton didn't make a difference since the whole feud had barely anything to do with the belt, it was just a prop in the feud.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13663 on: April 07, 2009, 01:34:31 PM »

Found this and thought this was a good review of Mania and some interestin ideas too:

This will be a two parter. First, I'll rundown my thoughts on WrestleMania 25 and after that I'll give you three ideas I have for things that I want to see happen in WWE between this WrestleMania and the next one.

I wasn't sure if I would be watching WrestleMania 25 live, which is partly why I didn't even write a preview. I ended up going to a friend's house and we ordered it as a group while playing some cards. Here's a rundown of my thoughts.

CM Punk wins Money in the Bank
MITB was okay. I'm not crazy about Punk winning again. Nothing against him, I just wanted it to be MVP. I think once again Shelton Benjamin was the star of that match. Good to see there weren't too many crazy bumps in it too, at least compared to year's past. I still remember that one a couple years back when Jeff came off the high ladder onto Edge as he was laying on top of other ladders. That was nuts. This year's was more tame, but still a lot of fun.
Rating: ***1/2

"Santina" wins 25 Diva Battle Royal
Terrible and not really funny either although Vince sure loves seeing men dressed up like women. That and midgets are two keys to Vinny Mac's heart. If you ever interview with WWE for a job, make sure you profess your love for those two things and you've got a shot. Poor use of a women's division that does have good talent in it.
Rating: DUD

Jericho defeats Snuka, Piper and Steamboat
One of the biggest problems in WWE is that they lack babyfaces to go up against all the great heels in the company. This was a perfect example of that. The best performer of 2008 was rewarded with a 9 minute match on the biggest show of the year. Such a shame. And yes, Steamboat was game, but I would have rather seen Jericho in a 15-20 minute match that allowed him to show his skills in a better way. The Jericho/Rourke exchange was painfully bad. Good idea on paper, but terrible execution.
Rating: *3/4

Matt Hardy defeats Jeff Hardy in an Extreme Rules Match
It didn't live up to the hype I personally had for it. I thought Jeff should have gone over although I guess this means they'll do another PPV match, which is fine. Hopefully they have better chemistry in that one. The spots were crafted well and obviously they trust eachother in there, it just didn't feel as special as I thought it could be. You'd think the crowd would be more into a match with these two, but maybe it's a sign that they had little interest in seeing them against eachother. With all due respect to Matt, I would have preferred Christian in this spot.
Rating: ***

Rey beats JBL for the IC title and JBL quits
I thought JBL would get more time for his last match, but I guess not. Mysterio's yet to have a memorable WrestleMania match, which is a shame considering how good he is. Even when he won the world title it wasn't even a ten minute match. It's a shame that Vince is so fixated on size because he's missing out by using Mysterio poorly. As for JBL, I always enjoyed his promos more than his matches and I wish him the best in his future endeavors.
Rating: *

Undertaker beats Shawn Michaels
Wow, what a match. They definitely followed the Austin/Rock formula for the WrestleMania match by having each guy kick out of the big spots. I never thought Michaels was going to win at any point, but those nearfalls were as believable as any Undertaker Mania match I've ever seen. Even when Taker went for covers and didn't get them his facial expressions were great. I loved some of the spots in there and there's no point in going over the big ones because everybody knows why they work. To me, the things that stand out were moments like when they were slugging it out at the end and Undertaker just boots him down forcing Shawn to collapse in a heap. That's great. That's how you properly do big man/little man spots. I think Undertaker needs to realize he can't move at age 44 the way he did ten years earlier. Either that or the camera guy (probably some indy wrestler) was a bit too far back because he wasn't in a good enough position to break his fall. I thought Undertaker broke his neck. I love their chemistry although I'd be fine if they never had a singles match again because it will make this one that much more special. On my original viewing I had it at ****3/4 because I thought it was a bit slow at times, but in watching it a second time I think it deserves the full five stars. I doubt this match will be topped in 2009 although you never know. And yes, this match should have gone on last. If Shawn Michaels is on the card at WrestleMania it should always be last because it's probably not going to be bested by those that followed.
Rating: *****

John Cena beats Edge and Big Show to win the World Title
The title that Cena holds never should have left his hands in the first place. It was only done to create an interest in No Way Out. These belts mean nothing because they get passed around so much. Why should fans pay money to watch PPV matches when all they do is move them around constantly? They're supposed to be treated as rare prizes, not something that anybody can win every month. I saw somebody in the Oratory forums point out Edge has had 3 one month title reigns in the last few months. That's terrible. Belts mean more when champions have four or five month reigns with multiple title defenses. And what was the point of Jeff Hardy winning it in the first place? So Matt can turn on him? They could have done that without hurting the credibility of the title. As for the match, it's been two days and I barely remember much about it except Cena won with the finishing move that changed its name. Nice.
Rating: **3/4

Hall of Fame people get introduced
Nice to see Austin again although it sucks that they keep pushing that it's his goodbye from wrestling. I guess that's what his agent tells people in Hollywood. You can tell nobody in Hollywood wants anything to do with the business because they must be telling him he won't get parts unless he gets away from it. Can't say I blame them, really.

"Stone Cold" Triple H "McMahon" beats Randy Orton to retain the WWE Title
Do you think Vince heard how dead the crowd was for HHH vs. Orton? I doubt it. I'm surprised they didn't pipe in the sound mixers they use on Smackdown when they think the fans should be cheering and they're actually dead. The match was boring. They did such a good job of putting Orton over before the Rumble, at the Rumble and since the Rumble only to look like a moron here. As for HHH, we're supposed to feel sorry for the guy that's main evented shows for a decade, has won more world titles in this company than anybody else and is married to the daughter of his rich boss? Really? No thanks. More on that in a minute.
Rating: **1/4

Final Thoughts
Just an okay show. One match is worth watching. Find it. No, it's not the one with Santina. You can figure it out, I'm sure. The rest was nothing out of the ordinary, which is a shame for WrestleMania.

[/color]

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13664 on: April 07, 2009, 01:40:59 PM »

To be fair, Cena won the Rumble last year and didn't main event which no one complained about. Plus just look at Bigelow vs Taylor to see that the title isn't always the biggest draw. IMO I just think the best match/the match people want to see most should headline. The title being on the line between HHH & Orton didn't make a difference since the whole feud had barely anything to do with the belt, it was just a prop in the feud.

Maybe but just don't agree with it. The winner of the Rumble should always Main Event Mania. Otherwise the Rumble loses prestige IMO. I would be like MITB and nothing ever coming from the winner.... what would be the point.

I was happy enough with Orton vs HHH as the main event its just the match was horrible. I'm pretty sure that insiders and people in the know would agree.

Wrestlemania is the King of PPV's and should be viewed as such. Every Match should be of the highest calibre or at least set out to be. Its not just another PPV its "the" PPV and the title has to be on the line in the Main Event IMO

[/color]

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13665 on: April 07, 2009, 01:52:06 PM »

Maybe but just don't agree with it. The winner of the Rumble should always Main Event Mania. Otherwise the Rumble loses prestige IMO. I would be like MITB and nothing ever coming from the winner.... what would be the point.

I was happy enough with Orton vs HHH as the main event its just the match was horrible. I'm pretty sure that insiders and people in the know would agree.

Wrestlemania is the King of PPV's and should be viewed as such. Every Match should be of the highest calibre or at least set out to be. Its not just another PPV its "the" PPV and the title has to be on the line in the Main Event IMO

I agree with that your saying but I think its just a case of personal preferrence since HBK & Taker are so well liked by fans and people on the net where as HHH has alot of detractors like Cena. I think with alot of people they mean't that HBK/Taker should have headlined in hindsight (not myself, I openly always wanted to see that headline).

I don't know how HHH/Orton still headlined after the agents ran threw it before hand....oh wait HHH is shagging the bosses daughter.  Roll Eyes

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #13666 on: April 07, 2009, 02:03:24 PM »

Found this and thought this was a good review of Mania and some interestin ideas too:

This will be a two parter. First, I'll rundown my thoughts on WrestleMania 25 and after that I'll give you three ideas I have for things that I want to see happen in WWE between this WrestleMania and the next one.

I wasn't sure if I would be watching WrestleMania 25 live, which is partly why I didn't even write a preview. I ended up going to a friend's house and we ordered it as a group while playing some cards. Here's a rundown of my thoughts.

CM Punk wins Money in the Bank
MITB was okay. I'm not crazy about Punk winning again. Nothing against him, I just wanted it to be MVP. I think once again Shelton Benjamin was the star of that match. Good to see there weren't too many crazy bumps in it too, at least compared to year's past. I still remember that one a couple years back when Jeff came off the high ladder onto Edge as he was laying on top of other ladders. That was nuts. This year's was more tame, but still a lot of fun.
Rating: ***1/2

"Santina" wins 25 Diva Battle Royal
Terrible and not really funny either although Vince sure loves seeing men dressed up like women. That and midgets are two keys to Vinny Mac's heart. If you ever interview with WWE for a job, make sure you profess your love for those two things and you've got a shot. Poor use of a women's division that does have good talent in it.
Rating: DUD

Jericho defeats Snuka, Piper and Steamboat
One of the biggest problems in WWE is that they lack babyfaces to go up against all the great heels in the company. This was a perfect example of that. The best performer of 2008 was rewarded with a 9 minute match on the biggest show of the year. Such a shame. And yes, Steamboat was game, but I would have rather seen Jericho in a 15-20 minute match that allowed him to show his skills in a better way. The Jericho/Rourke exchange was painfully bad. Good idea on paper, but terrible execution.
Rating: *3/4

Matt Hardy defeats Jeff Hardy in an Extreme Rules Match
It didn't live up to the hype I personally had for it. I thought Jeff should have gone over although I guess this means they'll do another PPV match, which is fine. Hopefully they have better chemistry in that one. The spots were crafted well and obviously they trust eachother in there, it just didn't feel as special as I thought it could be. You'd think the crowd would be more into a match with these two, but maybe it's a sign that they had little interest in seeing them against eachother. With all due respect to Matt, I would have preferred Christian in this spot.
Rating: ***

Rey beats JBL for the IC title and JBL quits
I thought JBL would get more time for his last match, but I guess not. Mysterio's yet to have a memorable WrestleMania match, which is a shame considering how good he is. Even when he won the world title it wasn't even a ten minute match. It's a shame that Vince is so fixated on size because he's missing out by using Mysterio poorly. As for JBL, I always enjoyed his promos more than his matches and I wish him the best in his future endeavors.
Rating: *

Undertaker beats Shawn Michaels
Wow, what a match. They definitely followed the Austin/Rock formula for the WrestleMania match by having each guy kick out of the big spots. I never thought Michaels was going to win at any point, but those nearfalls were as believable as any Undertaker Mania match I've ever seen. Even when Taker went for covers and didn't get them his facial expressions were great. I loved some of the spots in there and there's no point in going over the big ones because everybody knows why they work. To me, the things that stand out were moments like when they were slugging it out at the end and Undertaker just boots him down forcing Shawn to collapse in a heap. That's great. That's how you properly do big man/little man spots. I think Undertaker needs to realize he can't move at age 44 the way he did ten years earlier. Either that or the camera guy (probably some indy wrestler) was a bit too far back because he wasn't in a good enough position to break his fall. I thought Undertaker broke his neck. I love their chemistry although I'd be fine if they never had a singles match again because it will make this one that much more special. On my original viewing I had it at ****3/4 because I thought it was a bit slow at times, but in watching it a second time I think it deserves the full five stars. I doubt this match will be topped in 2009 although you never know. And yes, this match should have gone on last. If Shawn Michaels is on the card at WrestleMania it should always be last because it's probably not going to be bested by those that followed.
Rating: *****

John Cena beats Edge and Big Show to win the World Title
The title that Cena holds never should have left his hands in the first place. It was only done to create an interest in No Way Out. These belts mean nothing because they get passed around so much. Why should fans pay money to watch PPV matches when all they do is move them around constantly? They're supposed to be treated as rare prizes, not something that anybody can win every month. I saw somebody in the Oratory forums point out Edge has had 3 one month title reigns in the last few months. That's terrible. Belts mean more when champions have four or five month reigns with multiple title defenses. And what was the point of Jeff Hardy winning it in the first place? So Matt can turn on him? They could have done that without hurting the credibility of the title. As for the match, it's been two days and I barely remember much about it except Cena won with the finishing move that changed its name. Nice.
Rating: **3/4

Hall of Fame people get introduced
Nice to see Austin again although it sucks that they keep pushing that it's his goodbye from wrestling. I guess that's what his agent tells people in Hollywood. You can tell nobody in Hollywood wants anything to do with the business because they must be telling him he won't get parts unless he gets away from it. Can't say I blame them, really.

"Stone Cold" Triple H "McMahon" beats Randy Orton to retain the WWE Title
Do you think Vince heard how dead the crowd was for HHH vs. Orton? I doubt it. I'm surprised they didn't pipe in the sound mixers they use on Smackdown when they think the fans should be cheering and they're actually dead. The match was boring. They did such a good job of putting Orton over before the Rumble, at the Rumble and since the Rumble only to look like a moron here. As for HHH, we're supposed to feel sorry for the guy that's main evented shows for a decade, has won more world titles in this company than anybody else and is married to the daughter of his rich boss? Really? No thanks. More on that in a minute.
Rating: **1/4

Final Thoughts
Just an okay show. One match is worth watching. Find it. No, it's not the one with Santina. You can figure it out, I'm sure. The rest was nothing out of the ordinary, which is a shame for WrestleMania.

http://oratory.rajah.com/index.php?archive=3657

Always my first stop for PPV reviews.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13667 on: April 07, 2009, 02:39:45 PM »

I havent seen 'mania yet,

though I feel my thoughts on mania have been borne out by all your comments

...and I got the predictions again (my trick: think of the dumbest outcome, thats the way the writers work)

WWE is dead on its feet

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13668 on: April 07, 2009, 02:57:32 PM »

-- Some have speculated that the cameraman on the receiving end of Undertaker's insane dive spot at WrestleMania XXV was actually Sim Snuka in disguise. According to one source, it was indeed the Raw Superstar, although it is not 100% confirmed.

Does he get WWE Game points, Hammy?  hihi

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13669 on: April 07, 2009, 03:11:06 PM »

Something I saw on another site,

Wish list for between now and WM26

1. Heel Triple H

Obvious, but where do you go with it? Another Steph/HHH takeover?

For me its a new HHH led faction - HHH, Morrison, MVP, *other* and Michelle McCool - no joke, think she's great as a heel. Maybe start them as a face faction against Legacy before they become evil. They'd be great on the mike and are 'natural' heels

Obvioulsy they all turn on each other eventually - and you've taken some great mid carders to the next level

2. NO MORE FUCKING MAGIC CAMERA

3. Shawn Michaels title run

4. ECW scrapped

5. Unification

Tag, world titles, diva titles, brands etc

6. US/IC (combined) mid card league

All the great talent that isnt suitable for the WWE title (Hardy's, Mysterio, etc) showing their skills in a more apt setting

7. New tag division

They have unified the titles, now we need a (dozen?) tag teams

8. League

Have every match get...points. Have a leader board, every week positions updated - the guy at the top gets the title shot at the PPV

Of course, we can ensure ''grudge'' matches for the titles by having the heel cheat his way into position/eliminate the true contender

The beauty of this is EVER SINGLE MATCH has a point. No more 'why the hell are they bothering matches?'. A defeat would really matter, and a win would be real progress

9. Title changes on DQ

A champion could win for ever just be not showing up.....

10. One more title

Womens title

Tag title

-new title - European/hardcore/renamed ECW, etc

IC

WWE

11. Kane gets his mask back, gets a manager, gets his old indestructability back

-------------------

and on a side note - well done Steamboat 'you've still got it!', we were tortured with Ric Flair for years - the guy was shit for a decade, and all this time we had a legend that deserved a spot!

Get this guy on the paroll!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13670 on: April 07, 2009, 03:21:00 PM »

I just stopped reading at ECW Scrapped. Just shows how idiotic the person who wrote it must be. May I ask what website you took it from?

Yes, go on WWE, get rid of your most consistant and entertaining show in favour of some internet geeks who want to pleasure themselves over Paul Heyman.  Roll Eyes

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13671 on: April 07, 2009, 04:02:38 PM »

I just stopped reading at ECW Scrapped. Just shows how idiotic the person who wrote it must be. May I ask what website you took it from?

Yes, go on WWE, get rid of your most consistant and entertaining show in favour of some internet geeks who want to pleasure themselves over Paul Heyman.  Roll Eyes

I wrote it Smiley

It wasn't to annoy you - though as Dr Cox would say, that it has is the very definition of the 'added perk'. Game on bitch

ECW needs to be scrapped

That's not to say it shouldn't be replaced...

...though frankly i'd extend Raw and Smackdown to 3 hours...

...or better yet scrap Smackdown too and have Monday Night Raw and Friday Night Raw, or hell Raw and Nitro....now there's an idea....

ECW ''extreme championship wrestling''

Firstly - its a daft name, WWE has made it public they want to be kid friendly, not ''extreme'', we all know the jagged logo is because it was drawn by a pre schooler...

Second - whats its ''point''? A new show could be a proving ground for young blood, fuel for a cruiserweight division, time for the tag division. In its current form its just Smackdown-lite, and Smackdown is Raw-lite.....and Raw is shite, you've watered down what little ideas you have to practically nothing

Thirdly - what is the ECW title? It ranks below the IC title - and the IC title is now officially nothing. Why not have a new ''title'' - you win it, you get promoted to the main shows, hell its an idea, it would be worth while to win

Fourthly- WWE is in trouble as genuine entertainment. WM25 best thing ever? Nope....

When a company gets in trouble it slims down, focuses on what it does well.

Quality writing and high octane matches will bring in money.

My rambled point is - who pays for the PPV's anyway? How many 10 years olds ordered Wrestlemania?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13672 on: April 07, 2009, 05:42:42 PM »

1. Heel Triple H

Obvious, but where do you go with it? Another Steph/HHH takeover?

For me its a new HHH led faction - HHH, Morrison, MVP, *other* and Michelle McCool - no joke, think she's great as a heel. Maybe start them as a face faction against Legacy before they become evil. They'd be great on the mike and are 'natural' heels

Obvioulsy they all turn on each other eventually - and you've taken some great mid carders to the next level

Don't really care either way. We need another top Heel to go with Edge, Orton & Jericho (Two on Each brand) but not sure HHH is the guy. I wouldn't mind seeing Batista turn.

Not quite sure i know what you mean. The Undertaker flew into a camera man at Mania, Austin nearly hit a camera man on a quad bike. I don't think they are made out to be secret there are just more important things to concentrate on.

3. Shawn Michaels title run

haha. Can't believe i'm gonna say this but "Yeah" if he puts on matches like that he'll deserve it. Always gives great Promos. My only gripe would be this, i don't think it should be on RAW. Put him on SD or let him have a decent IC title reign. It adds prestige and he can put younger guys over even by beating them.

4. ECW scrapped

Not scrapped but repackaged. The points system that you mention further down. Why not make ECW that sort of System. Gives younger guys a chance and would make for some exciting matches. The fact that the ECW title wasn't even on Wrestlemania really kills it off for me. JUST MAKE IT SOMETHING INTERESTING AND NEW!

5. Unification

Tag, world titles, diva titles, brands etc

Don't really agree dude. I like the brands system there are many pluses that cancel out the few negatives. I wouldn't be against the Tag titles being on one brand and the womens being on the other though. but the world titles is crazy talk.

6. US/IC (combined) mid card league

All the great talent that isnt suitable for the WWE title (Hardy's, Mysterio, etc) showing their skills in a more apt setting

The Upper midcarders do find it tough these days. Guys like Hardy, Mysterio, Jericho, CM Punk, HBK and even Batista all guys who have been World Title holders that now needs feuds to keep them busy and not make them look weak. You could create a new title but i think they could just use the ones they have. The IC & US should be used for these guys the lower midcard talent like Kofi, Henry, Kane, Koslov, Finlay, Shelton could all find a home in the tag division i think. Thats the pecking order i think ECW title, Tag, IC or US, World Titles.

7. New tag division

They have unified the titles, now we need a (dozen?) tag teams

See Above.

8. League

Have every match get...points. Have a leader board, every week positions updated - the guy at the top gets the title shot at the PPV

Of course, we can ensure ''grudge'' matches for the titles by having the heel cheat his way into position/eliminate the true contender

The beauty of this is EVER SINGLE MATCH has a point. No more 'why the hell are they bothering matches?'. A defeat would really matter, and a win would be real progress

Like i said it could work on ECW or something. But its not for RAW or SD. Good quality stories are hard to beat. Points just seem a bit stupid in a sport that is fake.

9. Title changes on DQ

A champion could win for ever just be not showing up.....

No they have to defend every 30 days or something like that and i dont like this idea.

10. One more title

Womens title

Tag title

-new title - European/hardcore/renamed ECW, etc

IC

WWE

Maybe but i think they have enough if used right. You could make and argument for a title for youngsters with an age limit say 26 or something but i don't think it would get much air time.

11. Kane gets his mask back, gets a manager, gets his old indestructability back

I have to be honest. the best thing for Kane would be to find a Tag Partner i think. I think any sort of resurgance from him would be seen as silly.

[/color]

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13673 on: April 07, 2009, 06:02:05 PM »

Not quite sure i know what you mean. The Undertaker flew into a camera man at Mania, Austin nearly hit a camera man on a quad bike. I don't think they are made out to be secret there are just more important things to concentrate on.
He means the backstage scenes with wrestlers where they don't realise they are being filmed.  Wink

ECW could do with being renamed, its a development brand, having it under this name is a con.  Doesn't stop it from being a solid wrestling show with great commentating duties from Matt Striker, most who knock the show don't even watch it.

Edit: On a side note, Santino Marella and Kip James for Tag Team Champions of all of wrestling!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 06:06:39 PM by Hammy » Logged
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13674 on: April 07, 2009, 06:36:59 PM »

I have to be honest. the best thing for Kane would be to find a Tag Partner i think. I think any sort of resurgance from him would be seen as silly.

It could be done, run some sort of match or story that involves a serious injury to his face, coffe spill, glass whatever. Take him off tv for 2 months to lose few pounds and he could return with the mask and destroy everyone in the ring etc. All they'd have to do is use him as less of a jobber when he returned and you'd have an instant upper/mid-carder. Not likely to happen but as a fan of attitude era Kane I'd love to see it.

As for the points system I like that too, although perhaps less regimented than some sort of strict scoreboard. They've got commentators they should use them for stuff like this. Draw attention to the fact that MVP (e.g.) is undefeated in 5 matches and must be on the verge of an IC title shot or whatever. Simple stuff but it adds a purpose to the matches. Feuds could still exist, by wresters costing others matches etc same as always really but it gives more purpose to the average Raw or SD match.

I wouldn't mind seeing KOTR return either, it was a great way of pushing a mid carder. That now seems to have been replaced by the MITB match. A great match and concept but I see no reason why there should be only one match a year used to push a mid carder.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13675 on: April 07, 2009, 07:40:00 PM »

It could be done, run some sort of match or story that involves a serious injury to his face, coffe spill, glass whatever. Take him off tv for 2 months to lose few pounds and he could return with the mask and destroy everyone in the ring etc. All they'd have to do is use him as less of a jobber when he returned and you'd have an instant upper/mid-carder. Not likely to happen but as a fan of attitude era Kane I'd love to see it.

As for the points system I like that too, although perhaps less regimented than some sort of strict scoreboard. They've got commentators they should use them for stuff like this. Draw attention to the fact that MVP (e.g.) is undefeated in 5 matches and must be on the verge of an IC title shot or whatever. Simple stuff but it adds a purpose to the matches. Feuds could still exist, by wresters costing others matches etc same as always really but it gives more purpose to the average Raw or SD match.

I wouldn't mind seeing KOTR return either, it was a great way of pushing a mid carder. That now seems to have been replaced by the MITB match. A great match and concept but I see no reason why there should be only one match a year used to push a mid carder.

I agree with your ideas about Kane, it could be easily done but the main problem is they would spend a few months building it up and by the end it would be worthless since Kane is looking to retire either this or next year.

P.S KOTR was back last year, Regal won remember. I reckon they will bring it back again this year when they run out of ideas.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #13676 on: April 08, 2009, 03:11:04 AM »

BULLSHIT!!!! Epic rant...bogus copyright claim against my wrestlemania review video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMU35qMQatg

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13677 on: April 08, 2009, 06:58:31 AM »

P.S KOTR was back last year, Regal won remember. I reckon they will bring it back again this year when they run out of ideas.

Oh yeah I'd forgotten that, probably cos Regal got banned shortly after. It wasn't a ppv though was it, wasn't it all just held on Raw?

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #13678 on: April 08, 2009, 09:42:17 AM »

Source: PW Mania

After his performance at Wrestlemania and on Raw, WWE have decided to make Ricky "The dragon" Steamboat a regular performer for the next month or so.

The current plan is to put him against Jericho in a singles match at Backlash.

The Ricky Steamboat farewell tour!  Cheesy

I am going to be so pissed if he wrestles on the UK Wrestlemania Revenge Tour...typical that it's the first time in about five years that i decided not to go! But still, this is great news!

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #13679 on: April 08, 2009, 10:04:22 AM »

^ Presuming you mean at the Odyssey what price where the tickets normally about?
Pages: 1 ... 682 683 [684] 685 686 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: