Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 06:29:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 831970 times)
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #13640 on: April 05, 2009, 11:48:19 PM »

Just got back from watching mania. And I have to say it, unfortuntely I was right. HHH vs. Orton sucked. Total snooze fest. People at the bar I was at were chanting boring. It got a little better as it went on. But but by the time it ended people, including myself said, " that's it?"

Maybe it was because the classic HBK vs. Taker match. That obviously stole the show. And a match of that caliber is very hard to follow. I couldn't believe it when HBK kicked out of the tombstone. Total shocker. What a great match. 5 stars. No question about it.

I am so glad CM Punk won the money in the bank. I liked his short title run and hope this means they will continue to push his status up to being a main event star. Good MITB match. I liked Christians spot towards the end. Leaning on the rope and than pushing himself back over. Sheltons powerbomb on MVP looked killer. The whole match was pretty good and a great way to kick off Mania.

The divas battle royal was a total clusterfuck. But the end result with santino dancing around was at least comical.

The Triple threat was OK at best. Pissed that Cena won but kinda felt he would. Once he had the big entrance I absolutely felt Cena was winning that match. Maybe this match also fell victim to being after Taker vs. HBK. But prolly not cuz I couldn't see this match being much better than it was.

Legends match was more entertaining than I thought it would be. Props go to steamboat for staying in good shape for a guy his age. He looked good and helped make it more entertaining than I ever thought it would be.

Hardy vs. Hardy was a good match too. Going into it, I didnt feel excited about it, but they turned me around and by the time it was over I felt they put on a good show. Surprized Matt got the win.

What happened to the Tag Team match??  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13641 on: April 05, 2009, 11:57:35 PM »

What happened to the Tag Team match??  smoking
DVD Exclusive/Dark Match, I'm guessing time constraints, you notice how they tried to rush the Battle Royal, obviously word from the back was, hurry the fuck up, heck the ring announcer was still going a minute in  hihi  I'll do a review later, or and The Colons won.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #13642 on: April 06, 2009, 12:00:52 AM »

that was the biggest pile of shit of a Wrestlemania EVER...well not ever, Wrestlemania 16 and 20 were worse...but this wasnt that far behind....wow...besides the hardys and taker/michaels, it blew
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #13643 on: April 06, 2009, 12:08:26 AM »

that was the biggest pile of shit of a Wrestlemania EVER...well not ever, Wrestlemania 16 and 20 were worse...but this wasnt that far behind....wow...besides the hardys and taker/michaels, it blew

I didnt think it was that bad. The MITB match was good and The legends match was alright. But your right, not one of the best wrestlemanias. Definetly dissappointing for it being wrestlemania 25. But it has to do with the anti-climactic ending i think. Headlining Wrestlemania 25, both HHH and Orton have to do better than that. The finish of that match totally sucked. Often times when an event finishes so poorly it can put a sour taste on the entire event. And alot of the time a finish can leave people thinking a match that was really sub-par is much better than it was. And vice-versa.   smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13644 on: April 06, 2009, 06:10:03 AM »

Horrible! Horrible! Horrible!

MITB - It has its moments but when you have guys like Henry & Kane in it it was never gonna be as good. Good to see Punk win it again. I'm happy that MVP didn't win. The seemed to run out of space alot and therefore a few things just didn't work. Not alot of ring intelligence there. Have to say i was impressed with Kingston and Shelton they had the energy thats required for the MITB. But all in all a notch down from last years for sure. 3*

Ok then we had a 15 minutes of fucking Kid Rock. Playing seemingly every song he had ever made. Why was he even there? AC/DC had the official song. If i was Miz/Morrison/colons or Swagger i'd be thinking what the fuck. Rubbish.

Diva Battle Royal - A complete mess. No structure at all. Santino was so funny as usual but this seemed like a decent idea for Divas at Mania and its now a joke. The returning divas hardly got mentioned and were out early. Beth was the only one who looked like she knew what was going on.  I didn'texpect alot from this match but i thought at least the final 4 would put on a little something.  2* (and thats just for Santino & Gail Kims Hurricanrana)

Legends Match - WHAT THE HELL!!!!!! What was the point of Piper and Snuka being there? Just should of made the match Steamboat vs Jericho. Steamboat looked awesome and competed better than some current stars. I think Jericho was brilliant but until it got down to just Steamboat it was horrendus. But the worst was yet to come.... Micky Rourke's cameo was horrible and predictable. Again another 10/15 minutes that must have guys who work hard week in week out wondering what they have to do? the whole segement gets a 2* however the Steamboat vs Jericho bit must get 3* and the Rourke bit gets 1/2* for Jericho's sell.

Matt vs Jeff - finally a match that lived up to the Wrestlemania name. Its what we expected in terms of the type of match and i think they both did extremly well. Matt Hardy looks the part to me, but thats for another time. they had several preplanned part that came off to me. The Splash to the outside on tables, some sick chair shots, Jeff's missed leg drop and the best finish of the night with the Twist of fate on the chair. 4*

IC Match - I hope no one bought the PPV coz Rey is their favourite because i'd feel conned. what a piece of crap. I thought the IC title was getting more prestige again and i was so happy it was at Mania again. Then they do that! Like him or not JBL is a former world champion and this match made him look more like Snuka than a champion. Just stupid and a waste of time IMO. 1*

Streak vs Mr. Wrestlemania - I have never been so happy to see HBK in my life. Him and Taker and the Hardy's saved WM from probally being the worst "ever". This match was great even if sloppy at times and probally will go down as the high point of Wrestlemania. HBK kicking out of the Tombstone! Brilliant. I was never convinced that Taker would lose but you sensed that people thought "Maybe, Just Maybe" some brilliant spots all over the place. My favourite HBK match of all time without a doubt. The finish was a little telegraph for my taste but you can't take away from a match that saw the best of both men and shows why they are both so durable in this business. 4 1/2*

Triple Threat - Y'know what it wasn't that bad. Not great by any means but i'd prefer to watch this match back that most others on the card. There was some decent moments and Cena's strength at the end was amazing. Still think it would have been better just Cena vs Edge though but hey. 2 1/2*

Main Event - well it was more of a non-event. Its up there with the worst main event in History. The worst thing about this is i've seen these two put on 100 times better matches in the past. They both used their finishers early and the crowd just didn't seem into the match at all. I mean to the Diva battle royal level. This is Wrestlemania... this is the Main event. Whats going on? The fans gave them nothing and they gave very little back. As soon as Cena won i thought HHH would win but i can't remember 5 moves outside of their finishers. There has been less punches thrown in 12 round boxing matches. After all the close calls in the Taker vs HBK match there was none in this and even when HHH won the crowd seemed suprised and not bothered. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. 1 1/2*

---------

I'm one of the most loyal WWE fans but i reckon wwe might have lost viewers last night. There was at least 40 minutes of celebrity crap. They decided to leave the Tag match off! i mean c'mon this match is gonna unify the Tag Titles.... thats a big moment. but instead the let Kid Rock play 5 songs? Go figure. We have a young ECW champion who has been impressive so far. Not even on the card, but we have time for Mickey Rourke to take 8 minutes to get in a ring? Its just bemusing to me. Maybe they think because it WM they'll get the buys whatever and the quality doesn't really matter. Or even worse they view Wrestlemania as above wrestling and more of a showcase for Celebrity. Whatever i'm not sure that i'll be buying Mania next year. rant

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13645 on: April 06, 2009, 10:10:54 AM »

Taker/Michaels was obviously match of the night. I agree with gnrfan about not thinking Taker would lose but you began to wonder how they were gonna end it. That dive Taker did over the top rope was sick. Nearly landed on his head. Shocked

The Triple Threat was quite enjoyable, HHH/Orton was the more "serious" World Title feud and this one seemed more.... "light-hearted" isn't the word but you know what I mean. I personally found Big Show yelling at the referee to free him from the ropes quite amusing. hihi

MITB was good, but is 8 guys too much? Especially when 1 of those 8 is Mark henry. I think it suffered a bit from the "2 guys in the ring while everyone else lays on the floor outside" syndrome but I suppose having most of the competitors in the ring all the time would be awkward.

Matt/Jeff was good but I don't think it was *five-star awesome* or anything. Cool ending though. Jeff sold it well. yes

IC Title. Uh.... yeah. Mysterio beats JBL twice in 6 days? Huh Though I guess it'll be interesting to see where JBL goes from here. Announcing on Smackdown I suppose? I reckon he and JR could be good together.

Steamboat looked very good for a guy in his mid-50s. I predicted Jericho to lose but it was probably right that he won.

Divas Battle Royal was what is was going to be. Found it odd that the returning divas didn't get a bit more recognition though. I can't believe the announcers were acting like they didn't know it was Santino. confused

HHH/Orton was pretty anit-climatic for a WM main event. HHH just kinda..... won. No big dramatic ending.

And I would have much preferred AC/DC to Kid Rock. Cool I quite enjoy that band.

It was an OK event, but there've been a lot better Wresltemanias. I didn't dislike it. And maybe it's just me, but there seemed to be times when the crowd was kinda quiet. For a 70,000+ crowd anyway.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #13646 on: April 06, 2009, 10:20:42 AM »

I think the one word to describe Wrestlemania XXV for me would be 'underwhelming.' As good as some parts were, I just didn't "feel" it this year. Lets break it down:

Money in the Bank Ladder Match:

Not bad, but easily imo the worst Money in the Bank ever. There was some 'mini high spots' but the only thing that will be considered as a Wrestlemania moment will be the huge senton dive by Benjamin. Personally, my favourite spot was when the ladder was tipped and Christian was able to balance himself. Really showed who was the master of the ladder match. Unfortunately this was the only memorable Christian moment in this match. (I'm not going to bother mentioning the botched Unprettier with Punk  Tongue)

Most people seem to be blaming the match's standards because of who was in it, but I think Henry and Kane played their parts well enough. The whole thing seemed rushed and sloppy. Then, just like that, the match is apparently over. The finishing conclusion? Kane, falls to the mat a quarter of the way up the ladder. So i'm thinking, ok, it's over, but i'll give it the benefit of he doubt as the reason why the superstars were not permitted to go all out in this one could be because the Hardys will pull out some crazy stuff later on. Fair enough I guess...

So moving on. We are now told it's time for a Kid Rock performance, which seemingly never ends. About what seems like a half an hour later, out come the Diva's whilst Kid is still singing. I get the impression Kid has went over his limit and there is panic in the backstage area. I can almost hear Vince screaming now. I'm assuming this is what happened because the logical thing to do would have been to introduce the returning Divas. Now it could be argued that they didn't do this because they were trying to hide "Santina" but he/she could have hid under the ring until the thing started. Even the commentators (who obviously have connections with guys in the Gorilla position) didn't seem to know what the hell was going on, and who the hell was in there. I'm sure Trish (i'm assuming she wasn't there Tongue) is glad she didn't decide to do this.

Next up, the legends vs Jericho.

First out comes Steamboat who looks ready to go. Then Snuka... nervous and finally Piper who must have taken his peers advice this time round and didn't remove his tshirt. Snuka was terrible, Piper wasn't too bad when he was pulling out his vintage mannerisms and Jericho was doing his damnest to make him look good. Then, in comes Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat who is in phenomenal shape, and starts laying into Jericho with chops and those trademark deep armdrags. Steamboat said in an interview recently that he's confident and can still go and he's overall about 80%, and it wasn't wishful thinking. Obviously should have just been Steamboat vs Jericho one on one, in a decent 20 min match up. They could have made a good storyline out of it, as Steamboat was Jericho's hero. Fingers crossed for Steamboat/Jericho at Backlash but that may indeed be wishful thinking.  Undecided

Next is Matt vs Jeff.

I'm liking Matt's new look. Could be what is needed to bring him to the promised land, and into the 7 figure club. Match was okay, brought back some moments of the attitude era with utilising weapons like the vaccum/hoover, and crutches. Could have went a little longer, and wasn't fond of the choice of highspots in this match. Was obvious they were trying to do something different. However, best Wrestlemania moment of the night imo, was the Twist of Fate on the chair, which Jeff sold really well. It's a pity the commentator's didn't help sell it though. Will we ever see the crazy screaming J.R. again?

Rey vs JBL is the definition of underwhelming. Was quite pumped for this simply to see if JBL was going to do something big. Rey wins in 21 secs..are they making this an annual thing now that a title changes in a matter of seconds?  confused Whatever. Good thing i'm not a fan of Mysterio as this was over quickly. Why dress as the Joker? Looked as if his face was run over by a steamroller. Ah well...they would have been better off having JBL bring in a bull.....  hihi

Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels was pretty good, but I got the impression especially in the first 15 minutes that these guys had a lot of pressure on their hands trying to top all those expectations. At the start looked a little sloppy, most notably the figure four leg lock and crossface spots, that both weren't applied properly. However, things got interesting when Taker' went for the first (of many) Chokeslam. They then turned it up a notch with the dives, were Michaels (who obviously was aware that he wasn't to connect with this spot, and learning from last years moonsault were Flair didn't catch him properly) tried to adjust himself in mid-move so he could land on his side and not flat on his stomach. Smart thinking but made the move look slightly botched, but hopefully the majority can appriciate that he was trying not to kill himself. That led us to Taker's yearly leap over the ropes, were the camera man, had to try and catch him at the last minute. Taker fell what seemed head first, and the crowd went dead. It then looked as if Michaels had realised what had happened and tried his best to bide time for Taker. After numberous replays it showed that Taker seemed to got his head tucked in just on time fortunately. I thought he was dead, or had broke his neck. For the next ten minutes he seemed hazy kind of like Brock when he botched the Shooting Star at Mania 19. However he seemed okay at the end. Thrilling second half of the match, were both guys had the audience in the palm of their hands. Reminded me of the classic Rock vs Austin battles were they keep kicking out of each others finishers. Very good stuff. Essential match for a wrestling fan.

It was obvious that after this, THIS was the main event of the evening for me and everyone else in the building. Everyone had used their energy on Michaels/Taker that they were dead the rest of the evening and seemingly didn't care for the last two matches, especially the HHH/Orton match, which was easily the worst in their series of matches, and quite possibly the worst main event in Wrestlemania history. Sad thing is, unlike Michaels and Taker, HHH and Orton probably don't give a flying fuck what the fans think.

Overall not a bad Wrestlemania...definitely not as good as last years and seemed a little rushed. I always enjoy seeing the over the top entrances that some of the wrestlers use. (Speaking of, Michael's 'Lord of Light' entrance coming down from the rafters was awesome. Definitely my favourite Wrestlemania entrance) Nice to see Mickey Rourke appear in a cameo which seemed well recieved, but Kid Rock definitely should not have been there. The time he spent "performing" should have been given to The Colons and M N' M. Imagine how Carlito feels....he's made history...the first guy to be bunked off two Wrestlemania's.  Tongue

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13647 on: April 06, 2009, 12:11:40 PM »

MITB was good, but is 8 guys too much? Especially when 1 of those 8 is Mark henry. I think it suffered a bit from the "2 guys in the ring while everyone else lays on the floor outside" syndrome but I suppose having most of the competitors in the ring all the time would be awkward.

It was an OK event, but there've been a lot better Wresltemanias. I didn't dislike it. And maybe it's just me, but there seemed to be times when the crowd was kinda quiet. For a 70,000+ crowd anyway.

8 is too much i think. But i really hope they don't have any big guys next year. I mean Imagine Shelton, Kofi, Christian, Evan Bourne, Morrsion, Rey Mysterio and Swagger something like that.... i think they would come up with Gold.

Its the quietest crowd i have ever heard for a Mania Main Event. Put that against Cena/HHH or the Triple threat last year and it just doesn't stand up.

I can't wait to hear what Izzy says. I dont agree with alot of what he says about WWE but i have a feeling i might about Mania.

Many people will say that "people over react" or "have too high expectations" well i dont think thats true. That was a poor Mania. I would say that only 3 matches was PPV quality forget about Wrestlemania.

The IC match, HHH vs Orton & The Legends match just had a RAW/SD vibe to it. I would say that Taker/HBK & Hardys both were match of the year candidates but Wrestlemania is definatly the worst PPV this year so far IMO

[/color]

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13648 on: April 06, 2009, 02:08:06 PM »

ok i'm drawing a line under mania.

Anyone got any draft predictions?

I'm expecting Morrison to RAW to split their tag team up.

I'm also expecting some serious changes in the upper midcard. Guys like CM Punk, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Christian, MVP, Evan Bourne all have potential to move. There is usually one massive trade at least and i think it will be Someone big moving from SD to RAW.

Jericho is another interesting one. Because i believe that Edge, Jericho and Orton are the best heels WWE has and with rumours that Edge will take some time off i wonder if they might move Jericho to SD.

I also wonder if they'll keep the Hardy's on the same brand or try to split them up.

It will be really interesting to see what they do

[/color]

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13649 on: April 06, 2009, 02:49:15 PM »

I guess I am in the minority or a part of the less cynical because I thoroughly enjoyed WM last night. Seriously, I watched the fucking thing twice I liked it so much.

MITB I thought was terrific. MITB fans have been spoiled by too many high spots. When I watch matches, I don't compare, I just let myself enjoy them in the moment.

I don't go, ok this sucks because it isn't MITB 2006. I just watch it for what it is. I don't like the Mark Henry hate. He had one of the best spots of the night when he kicked the ladder out from under Kofi and caught him in a bear hug and then slammed him on the ladder. That was awesome.

Shelton's huge dive outside was as good as any spot there has been in the MITB that I can remember.
How about Kofi jumping over the ladder and drop kicking it into Christian and I can't remember who was holding it.

Hornswoggles dive outside was hilarious.

Christians balancing act was awesome. Shelton powerbombing MVP over the top rope into Henry and Tony Atlas was great.

I was very impressed with the MITB

Divas battle royal was just horrible. Should've had Colons/incrowd instead of it.

Kid Rock was great. Makes it more of a spectacle and event and I thought he kicked ass

Jericho vs the Legends was a million times better than I thought it was. Jericho is the best heel by far and probably the best wrestler alive right now. His acting ability and wrestling ability is just superb. Steamboat very impressive, but Jericho made him look like a million bucks.

The Mickey Roarke thing was kind of corny. Wrestling needs to get off the stupid celebrity shit.

1. Mickey isn't that famous
2. The Wrestler didn't gross dick at the theater
3. Haven't they learned from David Arquette, Jay leno etc  Kevin Federline pinning John Cena......

so u have Mickey Rourke knocking out Jericho with one punch? I know he was a pro boxer, but still, kind of lame

Nice To see Frank Shamrock in the front row with Mickey though

Hardy vs Hardy was amazing. my 2nd favorite match and I thought this match had everything. they really delivered the intensity and the action that I expected orton/hhh to deliver.  great spots, great, amazing finish and it kept me entertained and on the edge throughout. I don't think we saw ONE swanton attempt which was interesting.

match of the year next. UT vs HBK was just thrilling and amazing. I could watch this match 10 times it was so great. all the wrestlers need to get a DVD copy of this match and use it as a tutorial "HOW TO" fucking wrestle. just perfect in everyway. I don't care a few moves were botched a bit. I don't hold that against them. as close to 5 stars as u can get.

has now replaced Shelly/Sabin as the best match I've seen in the past year.

Triple threat. I agree, it was kind of comical. the big show "hey ref, get me out of the ropes was hysterical. Great match, losts of action and a nice show of strength by Cena.  Picking Cena so many times in the Wrestling game makes me a fan cause I wanted him to win the title.

Main event. I am the biggest HHH fan in the world but whoever booked this match and whichever agent set this up should be fired immediately. This match had so much heat coming in and they completely dropped the ball.

first off, this should've been a last man standing or a cage match or something.  just annoying how HHH couldn't do anything. Orton also fucking OWNED him for 3/4ths of the match

this dude beat up your whole family, knocked out your wife and kissed her in front of u and then whipped your ass. I expected more fire. more intensity, more everything. the match was extremely flat and I am pretty shocked by that.

overall though, I thought it was a 8/10
I spent 65 bucks on it and I didn't feel ripped off

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13650 on: April 06, 2009, 03:20:31 PM »

I admit I liked the Henry/Kofi slam on the ladder. That was pretty cool.

To be honest, Henry was OK in the MITB Match (better probably than people expected), but there's only so much a guy his size can do in that kind of match.

EDIT: I also didn't see Punk winning that match at all. Evidently not a lot of us did, 'cos no one chose him in the Predictions game. hihi

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13651 on: April 06, 2009, 03:33:44 PM »

I guess I am in the minority or a part of the less cynical because I thoroughly enjoyed WM last night.
I'm with you dude, really enjoyed it.

The opening package was great, as they always are, asking the wrestlers what matches were their faves was cool and believable.  Punk as a ROH veteran who has worked many an epic technical classic....of course his fave would be Bret vs Owen.

What I like with Wrestlemania's are the subtle things, sometimes they tweak little things for old schools sake and you don't even realise.  I was really happy they decided to kick off with Money in the Bank and for once I was happy to see Finlay.  As I've mentioned I'm living the WCW 1995 onwards life, watching Nitros and PPVs, now in March 1996, The Belfast Bruiser (Finlay) is a month or so into his tenure with the company, and he comes to the ring wearing the same stupid leather jacket with dodgy looking shoulder pad that he wore last night, old school yeah!  The match itself was solid, Kofi was on fire, there were some good spots, shame some went awry, probably my least favourite MITB but who cares it was still fun to watch, although 8 is too many.

Following that we got Kid Rock, now I understand people's problem, if you ain't a fan its not for you, good thing is I have been for years.  I was saying to Jim beforehand him performing makes me feel 15 again and I hope he plays Bawitdaba, well my wish was granted  Cool  Nice Medley of sorts although he was getting a "Conway Pop" until he got the hit of last summer in there.

I was annoyed the Divas Battle Royal was so rushed, because I wanted the old school Divas to get...well...some recognition.  It was clearly improvised with only the end and a few details Ironed out.  I get the impression backstage Vince said to the Divas, "Ok Ladies, we are behind schedule, so run out there, ignore Justin Roberts and just start straight away".  Beth was clearly just under instructions to throw anyone she could out, she seemed to be looking around thinking; "So who am I meant to ditch and who's staying 'til the end".  Also Gail Kim I thought accidently eliminated herself, I got the impression she was meant to hold on.  Also, they really struggling for legendary Divas weren't they....I mean....Joy Giovanni? WTF?

I enjoyed the Legends vs Jericho bout simply because Jericho worked his ass off and Steamboat for a guy who hasn't wrestled at all in 15 years was very good, when it was down to those two I got into the drama of the near falls it was enjoyable fair and I thought a good send off for Steamboat.  The Rourke stuff was alright, I was hoping Frank Shamrock would jump the rail to start an angle, heck if Kenny was good....

Matt Hardy in wrestling tights...hmmm...makes him look fat.  That aside really enjoyed the match, hell of a lot of fun, lived upto expectations for me.

Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels was...just...WOW.  Taking out the Camera Man, The Moonsault into the Tombstone, skinning the cat reversed into Tombstone, kicking out of the Tombstone, the look on HBK's face the emotion he conveyed, desperation when he was prepared to take a countout, anger after 'Taker kept kicking out, when they'd given it them all and just went at it chopping each other's chest ('Taker's was red raw after), loved it, as did the fans, with a match that good it should of switched places on the card with Triple H and Randy Orton.

The Triple Threat was a fun encounter with some good moves, nothing amazing but I enjoyed it, although try as I might Cena is hard to like.  I've defended him lots of times and he does work his ass off, but with entrances like that.... no Really Cena flying off the top into the Spear, and as BlowUp said Big Show tied up and pissed off was comical, reminded me of Andre at 'Mania VI.

The Main Event did not live upto expectations, it was alright, but as I said, 'Taker vs Michaels should of closed, I really thought they were capable of better, heck I know they are because they have done better.

Anyway, overall fun event.
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #13652 on: April 06, 2009, 04:16:10 PM »

(Source: PWInsider.com)

Most everyone backstage felt the Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels last night at WrestleMania tore the house down. There was also a lot of talk backstage on how great Ricky Steamboat looked for his age in his match with Chris Jericho.

The other big topic backstage was on how poorly the Randy Orton vs. Triple H main event match came off, both in the ring and with how it was booked. Although, many feel the creative team has something planned to get the title onto Orton tonight.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13653 on: April 06, 2009, 04:26:16 PM »

Although, many feel the creative team has something planned to get the title onto Orton tonight.

"Excuse me! I said excuse me!  Triple H used a Sledgehammer, he should have been disqualified, excuse me! So as General Manager, I Vickie Guerrero am ordering a rematch, tonight!"

That's my guess anyway.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13654 on: April 06, 2009, 05:39:22 PM »

Gotta agree with pretty much everything Hammy has said above.

MITB, although not as good as the rest, was very entertaining and fun to watch. Kofi was definatly the one who stood out this year. Very happy to see Punk win hopefully he can get into full main event status, God knows they need some new blood.

With Kid Rock, before hand I was thinking this was just wasting time but by the end I enjoyed his set. Maybe he could've done a song less so the Diva's got their rightful introductions. Very rushed but as always Santino Santina brought the goods and that dance was just a Mania moment in of itself!  hihi

I was very suprised at how good Legends vs Jericho was, well actually by that I mean Steamboat vs Jericho. It would be a great shame if that was Steamboats last match (you could understand if it was), Steamboat vs Jericho one on one at Backlash could've been great. Anyone else think Steamboat resembled Chavo Guerrero last night?  Tongue

Hardy vs Hardy was pretty good, although for some reason I couldn't get too excited for it. Matt in those tights = tubby Edge.

Undertaker vs HBK was nothing short of brilliant. Everybodies hopes were high for this match and usually expectations fall short but if anything they exceeded with this match. I know I may be jumping the gun but having now watched that match 3 times I'm very inclined to say it may be my favourate match ever, certainly of this decade. Sure it had afew slight botches but you just can't buy the emotions and energy that match created in the ring, in the crowd and in homes. And I can't forget to mention that dive from Taker! I really did think he broke his neck and a minute later when he stopped moving for a while I was fearing he was dead! I agree this should have headlined, even before the event I thought so. I wonder where they go from here for Taker next year, Jericho anyone?

Triple threat was probably the match I was least looking forward to so I was really letdown by that.

HHH vs Orton should have been so much better, that match wasn't even worthy of headlining a B PPV. They have had matches so much better than that. Just last week I was defending them when Izzy questioned the match and to be honest Izzy was right. Terrible, absolutally terrible ending for what is meant to be the landmark Wrestlemania.

Overall I really enjoyed the show, I think the reason for all the negative feedback was just cause of the main event which is what people remember most afterwards.

I watched it with my brother and it was his first live WM since Wrestlemania 14! He enjoyed the show despite not being a regular follower (He always asks whats been happening every fortnight or so, so I fill him in on everything) but he knows who everyone is. Austin & Undertaker are his favourite all-time wrestlers so needless to say he was happy. His response to the Taker match was that its the best match he's ever seen, he got hooked and the way I could tell was cause I had never heard anyone curse so much towards HBK when it looked like the streak was in threat.  hihi

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #13655 on: April 06, 2009, 08:13:16 PM »

Well, my first impression is that while the show was enjoyable, it kind of lacked the magic of say WM 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, and even 21.

As many have noted, it's absolutely absurd how we were treated to a lame divas match and an equally lame performance from Kid Rock instead of a classic tag team match.

JBL vs. Rey was pointless too. Surely they could have put a little more effort into that one.

MITB was good, as was Matt vs. Jeff.

Triple threat would have been alot better if had been just Cena and Edge. Big Show really caused this match to lag.

I thought HBK vs. 'Taker was good, but not mindblowingly good like most people seem to think. The near falls were suspenseful, but in terms of the match as a whole, I thought both HBK and 'Taker had way better matches at WM 21.

The main event certainly was anti-climatic. This one should have been a slobberknocker, but it came across as Smackdown quality.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #13656 on: April 06, 2009, 08:14:12 PM »

i thought wrestlemania was awsome despite watchin it with marks which isnt how i intended to spend it haha

well playing Stripmania wasnt the best idea when you lose an item of clothing for wrong predictions

i didnt expect Punk as i had my right sock on christian Sad

the HBK Taker match was AMAZING! i think the fact that i had all my clothes on the line for that made me more motivated and the fact i hate HBK

needles to say i ended the night falling asleep during HHH match wile 4 people sat naked coverd with only socks

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #13657 on: April 06, 2009, 08:42:07 PM »

We have had like five calls, have any of you guys called yet?
1-877-666-2110

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #13658 on: April 07, 2009, 03:57:24 AM »

So is anyone else expecting a Batista heel turn and Orton getting the title at Backlash? Seems kind of pointless to throw Batista in there if hes not gonna turn on HHH.

I was dissappointed that there was no HBK or Taker on raw tonight. I was hoping they would turn that classic match into a fued of sorts.  smoking

Edit: I have to mention Steamboat looking fantastic on Raw tonight. It was awesome to see him out there. I loved the you still got it chants. Well deserving for a guy nobody thought would be able to do what hes done the last two nights. I am praying for a Steamboat vs. Jericho match at backlash. Please let it be so. smoking
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 04:01:21 AM by High_times » Logged

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13659 on: April 07, 2009, 12:03:58 PM »

i thought wrestlemania was awsome despite watchin it with marks which isnt how i intended to spend it haha

well playing Stripmania wasnt the best idea when you lose an item of clothing for wrong predictions

i didnt expect Punk as i had my right sock on christian Sad

the HBK Taker match was AMAZING! i think the fact that i had all my clothes on the line for that made me more motivated and the fact i hate HBK

needles to say i ended the night falling asleep during HHH match wile 4 people sat naked coverd with only socks

I admit, I've never heard a PPV story like that before.

So is anyone else expecting a Batista heel turn and Orton getting the title at Backlash? Seems kind of pointless to throw Batista in there if hes not gonna turn on HHH.

I'd like a heel Batista. He's been face for too long dammit!

Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: