Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 02:16:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 678 679 [680] 681 682 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 831035 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #13580 on: March 26, 2009, 02:52:54 AM »

^ The Outsiders are my all-time favorite tag team smoking

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13581 on: March 26, 2009, 03:29:13 PM »

Ill be honest, this is probably the first WM in a very long time that I am not really looking forward to.

for me, it is just like any other PPV.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13582 on: March 26, 2009, 06:31:35 PM »

Ill be honest, this is probably the first WM in a very long time that I am not really looking forward to.

for me, it is just like any other PPV.

Indeed - its pretty dire

Frankly I'm more intrested in the set they put together, what they can do with pyro etc

The matches are so odd - Cena vs Edge would have been good....but Big Show??

Orton and HHH are having some fantastic build up, but lets face it - Orton is pretty dull and carried entirely by Triple H, i imagine that will be the same in the match

Jericho vs the legends is dire, we dont want to see old men!

...we of course realise Austin will appear at the end to deliver a stunner

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13583 on: March 26, 2009, 06:32:23 PM »

The audience back then was also mostly ages 18+ vs. 10+ now Wink

...but isnt that because WWE has alienated older fans?

7 years ago so many people I knew were watching....but now...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #13584 on: March 26, 2009, 09:40:08 PM »

The card isn't WrestleMania 22 bad, but outside of HBK vs. 'Taker, my excitement level is pretty low.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13585 on: March 27, 2009, 10:34:20 AM »

Orton and HHH are having some fantastic build up, but lets face it - Orton is pretty dull and carried entirely by Triple H, i imagine that will be the same in the match

I agree with the rest of what you said but gotta strongly disagree with that. Orton is doing an ace job at building the match up (More than HHH IMO) and he has progressed alot since the last time they fought, even still they had some cracking matches last time e.g No Mercy 2007 was excellent!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #13586 on: March 28, 2009, 11:09:16 AM »

Anyone else think the HBK 'Prince of Light' angle was amazing this week on Smackdown?

Now THAT was an entrance!  yes And no one seemed to care that this his promo was all quotes from the Bible.  Lips Sealed

Haven't watched Smackdown fully in ages, but from parts i've seen, I had initially thought the Hardy vs Hardy buildup was terrible, however after watching that long promo package on the show, I now have to disagree. It was built up pretty well and now has me really looking forward towards their match at mania'. 

On a random note, came across this today...back when Mickie was still hot:

drool

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #13587 on: March 28, 2009, 11:49:07 AM »

D and anyone else who has liked my show,Monday Night Mayhem:
Check out my 90 minute interview from yesterday with Jim Ross. Let me know what you think:

http://www.mondaynightmayhemarchives.com/waxfiles/032709.wax
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 11:52:15 AM by RancidPunx » Logged

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13588 on: March 28, 2009, 01:56:21 PM »

Check out my 90 minute interview from yesterday with Jim Ross. Let me know what you think:

Awesome!!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #13589 on: March 28, 2009, 02:32:53 PM »

Awesome!!!
I like the way you give the interviewee the chance to speak. You really gave J.R. a chance to answer properly and didn't ask another question until he was finished. I despise people that doesn't give the interviewee the chance to speak, not only is it ignorant and rude, but makes the whole thing seem unprofessional...and yes Michael Landsberg I'm referring to you!  Angry

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13590 on: March 28, 2009, 08:31:53 PM »

HBK's entrance on Smackdown was superb

His decades old gimmick is the most resilient in wrestling history - maybe a change is in order?

This gimmick managed to combined 'HBK' with 'crazed religious guy who keeps his spot because he's Triple H's best mate'

Some fine build ups to 'mania going on

Quick! To the bandwagon!
emergency
« Reply #13591 on: March 28, 2009, 08:46:48 PM »

if the undertaker gets beat by shawn i will no longer watch it
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #13592 on: March 29, 2009, 12:45:30 AM »

I love HBK  but there is ZERO chance of Taker losing.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #13593 on: March 29, 2009, 03:33:19 AM »

I agree...although I would say there is a 1% chance of Taker losing...i mean its not like when he fought Mark Henry or something like that where there was no point watching it...if he would ever lose to anyone at a Wrestlemania it would be against a Michaels, Cena, or HHH...at least here there is a reason to watch the match because there is the slightest bit of doubt...but still I would be very shocked if Taker lost..actually i think thats exactly what this Wrestlemania needs to be memorable..because this card fucking blows...almost as bad as having Guerrero and Benoit in main events at 20...god that was terrible, but this is not much better...
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #13594 on: March 29, 2009, 03:41:05 AM »

I agree...although I would say there is a 1% chance of Taker losing...i mean its not like when he fought Mark Henry or something like that where there was no point watching it...if he would ever lose to anyone at a Wrestlemania it would be against a Michaels, Cena, or HHH...at least here there is a reason to watch the match because there is the slightest bit of doubt...but still I would be very shocked if Taker lost..actually i think thats exactly what this Wrestlemania needs to be memorable..because this card fucking blows...almost as bad as having Guerrero and Benoit in main events at 20...god that was terrible, but this is not much better...

Before Benoit killed his family, his match at "XX" was easily one of the greatest main events of all time.

Angle vs. Eddie was pretty good too, of course if I'm not mistaken, if Lesnar hadn't decided to quit, then it would've been another Angle vs. Lesnar.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #13595 on: March 29, 2009, 06:13:58 AM »

Before Benoit killed his family, his match at "XX" was easily one of the greatest main events of all time.

Angle vs. Eddie was pretty good too, of course if I'm not mistaken, if Lesnar hadn't decided to quit, then it would've been another Angle vs. Lesnar.

Nahh, zero chance cause if anything they would give the Taker  rub to a young guy with a future not a HOF'er like HBK. It will still be Match of the Night along with Hardy Vs Hardy.

I was at WM20 and Benoit/HBK/HHH was amazing live. Same with Angle/Eddie. Hell, even Lesnar/Goldberg was electric cause of the crowd chants! Off camera there were guys dressed as Hogan and Savage who got monster pops during the boring parts of Brock/Bill. Good times!

nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #13596 on: March 29, 2009, 07:04:13 AM »

Matt Hardy was showing that dog just too much love  Shocked

Don't Damn Me!!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #13597 on: March 29, 2009, 11:36:08 AM »

Dont bring Benoits Wrestlemania 20 win into the whole killing his family thing, that was an outstanding match, with a sweet ending and a man (at the time) that deserved to win it in such fashion...same with Eddie...and Benoit was a good champ...Wrestlemania should be interesting...I'll be pissed if Taker looses..

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13598 on: March 29, 2009, 11:54:00 AM »

Over the top with excitement?  No, but I'm happy enough, having got past several disapointments.

The main one being the great build by Jericho leading to the handicap match, it would be better one-on-one against Steamboat I hear he can still "Go" and clearly the other two can barely walk, Snuka resembles the living dead, obviously in a perfect world it would have been Austin or Hogan, I nearly said Savage but a saw a recent photo and....  nervous

Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy has been promoted fairly well and being Extreme, I expect a sick Jeff bump to make this match memorable.

The Tag Titles are on the freakin' line, at last, and as part of a well constructed feud....

....shame we can't say the same for the IC Title, I mean great its on the card, but I still have a little hope cos JBL promises to do something "Big".

Triple H vs Randy Orton has had great lashings of Attitude Era fun build-up, and I don't find Orton boring so I'm looking forward to this.

The Triple Threat was never going to be great, even more annoyingly we've seen or are seeing the guys wrestle each other over and over week in and week out, obviously this happens for lower card matches, but for this they should keep them apart let the tensions build, loom at Triple H vs Orton, Trips gets to his house, attacks him, gets arrested, takes out Rhodes, taunts him, then gets taken about by Legacy the week after, he keeps trying to get retribution but hasn't.

25 Diva Battle Royal works for me, they were always going to be on the card and this way they are all in and out fairly quickly and we get to seem some "Classic faces" from the past.

Money in the Bank always delivers for me, its entertaining 15-20 minute stuff.

And don't discount WWE yet as many have said its about the spectacle (plus I like Kid Rock), what's JBL's big surprise? will Austin and Rourke show?  Will Batista return?  Will the MITB winner cash in that night?

Oh and did I forget, we have Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels IV.  And after that great Smackdown I'm even more pumped.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13599 on: March 29, 2009, 12:50:57 PM »

I'm not sure at what point the writers suddenly became aware of Undertakers Streak - after his 5th consecutive win? Dunno - but its been a deliberate attemptto keep this thing going for a long long time now, and frankly ending it after 16 years is pretty pointless

If it was part of the promotion of 'the next big thing' then perhaps...but Taker hasnt got forever and he might as well take the record on to retirement

...and if he does lose it HAS to be a title match, something really important

Anyway, shame the chickened out of unifying the women's titles

Perhaps its the vodka i've been sipping - but Maryse vs McCool would have been an intresting match for me. The prospect of the inevitable triple threat doesnt really work for me, triple threat/fatal four way matches never work for me (not least because you have ''Triple H syndrome'' of atleast one guy at any moment just sitting in the corner for 10 mins felled by a fairly ordinary move....)

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 678 679 [680] 681 682 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: