Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 12:21:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 676 677 [678] 679 680 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 830604 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13540 on: March 16, 2009, 02:53:06 PM »

They let Sonjay Dutt go?

What the hell??

Petey Williams, Lance Hoyte (Rock?) and Sonjay Dutt?

They were all superb wrestlers - Sonjay was a great face, but genius heel and the fastest mover in the ring I've ever seen

TNA is absurd! Close it down! Way to kill off the X Division idiots!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13541 on: March 16, 2009, 03:09:33 PM »

They were all superb wrestlers - Sonjay was a great face, but genius heel and the fastest mover in the ring I've ever seen
They seemed to forget about him after his feud with Lethal, his heel turn seemed, well....pointless.

As the late Test said in his blog, Hoyt would benefit from going to WWE.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13542 on: March 16, 2009, 04:08:40 PM »

They let Sonjay Dutt go?

What the hell??

Petey Williams, Lance Hoyte (Rock?) and Sonjay Dutt?

TNA is absurd! Close it down! Way to kill off the X Division idiots!

They are good wrestlers but superb is abit of a stretch and Hoyte is still alittle green by all accounts but does have potential as a adaptable big guy. (Oddly enough I've always said he reminds me of Test)

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13543 on: March 16, 2009, 04:26:06 PM »

Its ironic that disatisfaction in the TNA locker room led to the MEM storyline

Old guys defending their spots and keeping the new guys down....

...ironically enough this storyline has only made things worse!

So many great young stars lost - i got into TNA because of the very people they have now fired....

WWE has an absurd size roster, TNA seems to barely have enough to fill a ring - why cant either company find a sensible middle ground!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13544 on: March 16, 2009, 07:00:06 PM »

WWE has an absurd size roster, TNA seems to barely have enough to fill a ring - why cant either company find a sensible middle ground!
Exactly.  WWE could sack the surplus past it guys and the under utilised never going to get a chance guys and TNA could rebrand them and give them a new lease of life.

Weirdest thing about TNA's show last night is for all the talented wrestlers they seemed to be busy looking for non-wrestling ways to fill time, a random Bashir/Cornette in-ring segment, why?  Just for the patriotic pop?  The ODB final of her "One Night" with her thing, was not in the least bit entertaining, shame they wimped out and used plants as well, the reaction of "Real" people with ODB in their face I think could of been quite funny.

Now I don't like the guy but for once they did something good with Eric Young on Impact! Sting chose him as the guy to wrestle on his behalf and Young stepped up to the plate, he wanted to prove himself and then onto the PPV, squashed in an unadvertised match.

Thankfully the Ultimate X match was good and so was the Tag Title match I even got a laugh out of the ending, Beer Money are FANTASTIC!

The Main Event was a bit meh like, just seemed like a clusterfuck at the end.  I guess they swerved the fans though.  2 weeks ago they advertise Lockdown, poster and all as being Sting vs Foley so everyone expects the heel turn.  Oh and I nearly forgot, Samoa Joe killed Scott Steiner...well...nearly (call the cops!)
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #13545 on: March 17, 2009, 03:15:04 AM »

Jericho facing three old timers at wrestlemania screams piss break. They should have worked this so much better. With Jericho's wrestling ability he could have faced a number of superstars at wrestlemania that would seem more entertaining than what looks like a total snooze fest. I do not like it one bit. Its so god damn fucking anticlimactic.

The announcers plugged JBL vs. Rey for the IC title at wrestlemania. Well they talked as if that was an option for Rey after his match. What a way to build a fued for wrestlemania. Stupid. They had a perfect Fued in place with Regal/Punk if it was set up as a long term fued it could have led to Wrestlemania. Or they could have done JBL/Punk II with it being set up after no way out. Makes me mad that a quality IC fued can't be built up for wrestlemania 25.

The way Miz N Morrison have been going back and forth with the Colon's it appears there will be a Tag Belt defense at wresltemania. At least these guys have been going back and forth with eachother for awhile now. You know I hate Johnny Nitro, fuckin douche, but it would be nice to see the tag titles at wrestlemania.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #13546 on: March 17, 2009, 07:27:18 AM »

Cody Rhodes didn't put up much of a fight hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13547 on: March 17, 2009, 01:29:07 PM »

I guess they had to get Mysterio on the show somehow. He won't be winning any world titles at least. Tongue

Even Finlay acknowledged the idea of Mark Henry climbing a ladder to be amusing. hihi

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #13548 on: March 17, 2009, 02:05:25 PM »

I doubt Rey will win at 'Mania though.

I can see 'em giving JBL a long reign like they did with the World title.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13549 on: March 17, 2009, 02:59:05 PM »

WWE Hall of Famer Sgt. Slaughter was interviewed by video game website GiantBomb.com about the upcoming Legends of WrestleMania game. Slaughter answers a few questions about the game before the host mentions that the number one question fans sent in was regarding the strained relationship between "Macho Man" Randy Savage and Vince McMahon. Slaughter said Savage has a great mind for the business and he wishes he was still a part of it. He said over the years, Vince McMahon has done business with many individuals who he previously disliked or tried to put him out of business, but Randy is a different story because of the way he double crossed McMahon. He said he would like to see Savage in the Hall of Fame one day and he encouraged Savage to call Vince and "bury the hatchet."

Ok two things about this:

1/ What did Savage do to Vince? i.e. what was the double cross

2/ Its ironic that the guy (despite his brilliance) who has screwed more wrestlers wont talk to one coz he got screwed!

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13550 on: March 17, 2009, 04:09:37 PM »

Lol, Jericho vs Has-beens

ohh so exciting....

No wait, its not

Strange when a women's title match is elevated from the bottom of the card....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13551 on: March 17, 2009, 05:11:13 PM »

WWE Hall of Famer Sgt. Slaughter was interviewed by video game website GiantBomb.com about the upcoming Legends of WrestleMania game. Slaughter answers a few questions about the game before the host mentions that the number one question fans sent in was regarding the strained relationship between "Macho Man" Randy Savage and Vince McMahon. Slaughter said Savage has a great mind for the business and he wishes he was still a part of it. He said over the years, Vince McMahon has done business with many individuals who he previously disliked or tried to put him out of business, but Randy is a different story because of the way he double crossed McMahon. He said he would like to see Savage in the Hall of Fame one day and he encouraged Savage to call Vince and "bury the hatchet."

Ok two things about this:

1/ What did Savage do to Vince? i.e. what was the double cross

2/ Its ironic that the guy (despite his brilliance) who has screwed more wrestlers wont talk to one coz he got screwed!
Urban myth is he banged Steph when she was aged 14-18 the age bit varies.  Wink

Edit: As for a "Double Cross" per say, he is one of the many who jumped ship during the wars, some were obviously nastier than others, i.e. Luger, Madusa, Jeff Jarrett.  Maybe Savage's was to.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 05:21:52 PM by Hammy » Logged
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #13552 on: March 17, 2009, 05:21:37 PM »

Nah, thats obviously not true, because if it was, Vince would have made that into an angle.  Tongue

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13553 on: March 17, 2009, 06:07:12 PM »

Apparently there were steroids and painkillers in Andrew Martin's house when they found him dead.

http://www.wrestleview.com/news2009/1237274932.php

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #13554 on: March 17, 2009, 09:55:27 PM »

Nah, thats obviously not true, because if it was, Vince would have made that into an angle.  Tongue

You know Vince was desperate for years to do an incest angle himself with Stephanie... Seriously.

That's how the Burchills came about.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13555 on: March 18, 2009, 07:10:51 AM »

ECW next week will be....ALL DIVAS.  Anyone else think its an experiment to see how well it fairs in the ratings.

I mean originally when Smackdown debuted back in the day, the proposed initial concept was a show dedicated to women's wrestling.

The other year when TNA's Knockout Division was thriving WWE started paying more attention to their Divas as the ratings breakdown for the Impact shows highlighted the Knockouts got the highest rating.  Say ECW next week see's a considerdable rise, I wouldn't be shocked to see it happen, I mean the ECW roster is so thin its untrue.

As for how this would affect the other shows, well each show has a Diva match each week so it creates a little more air time, I'm sure cutbacks will continue anyway, the Tag Titles are officially being unified at Wrestlemania (Wahey!), so sack a few more, merge the World Titles and everythings great, only hole in this plan is...

....there is meant to be a Post-Mania Draft, shame Russo isn't around, he'd swerve us all and explain that Draft is code for No Draft, because....well just because.

Oh and they wouldn't even need to change it from ECW....I mean it works as Extreme "Chick" Wrestling  Cool
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13556 on: March 18, 2009, 04:41:34 PM »

All diva ECW?

They really are hell bent on killing that show

WWE's divas are god awful wrestlers

Quick! To the bandwagon!
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #13557 on: March 18, 2009, 05:37:39 PM »

I take it "Extreme Strip Poker II" is out of the question...  Tongue

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #13558 on: March 19, 2009, 02:25:03 AM »

All diva ECW?

They really are hell bent on killing that show

WWE's divas are god awful wrestlers

They've already killed it. Their just in the process of digging it up and killing it again and again.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13559 on: March 19, 2009, 07:04:27 PM »

Destination X was the typical confused TNA PPV

Not that it was without some high points

Great to see Suicide in a match - he seems a bit shaky in the ring, like he is inexperienced...

...but he took his spots well, he got powerbombed with a vengence, and his win was very much deserved. The X Division despertly needs a star that can 'lead' for a while, I think that is Suicide

Not sure what they were thinking with the main event - didnt 'lead' anywhere - what does it set up?

Joe's return is intresting - i wonder how they will play it. Obvioulsy Joe went off the boil and the Frontline needed to 'fightback', if they do this well it could be a great new angle

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 676 677 [678] 679 680 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: