Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 08:35:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 830278 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13460 on: March 07, 2009, 05:44:59 PM »

nah  Orton vs HHH Main Event

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Evolution
« Reply #13461 on: March 07, 2009, 05:54:44 PM »

Interesting to note that this could be Triple H's sixth Wrestlemania main event. He's getting close to the Hulk Hogan record of seven (six if you don't count his match with Yokozuna at IX).

Wrestlemania 2000: vs The Rock vs Mick Foley vs The Big Show
Wrestlemania X8 vs Chris Jericho
Wrestlemania XX vs Chris Benoit and Shawn Michaels
Wrestlemania 21 vs Batista
Wrestlemania 22 vs John Cena
Wrestlemania 25 vs Randy Orton?
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #13462 on: March 07, 2009, 09:10:30 PM »

In an ideal world Taker/HBK would headline but it'll be HHH/Orton (which should be a good match but not Taker/HBK quality).

Anyone else think if the whole Austin or Hogan/Jericho match doesn't happen that they'll go with Mysterio sticking up for them? I mean Rey hasn't got really many options (unless vs Bourne drool ) would be a good match anyway.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #13463 on: March 07, 2009, 11:53:49 PM »

Since were talking about mania i figure why not join the convo....spoilers may be included. minor ones anyway.

Throw in The King in that mix of Jericho/hogan/Austin. Word has it the WWE are thinking of taking him off the announce table for a match at wrestlemania. With his indy bookings the last few years they think he's in good enough shape to have Jericho carry him. And he's never wrestled at Wrestlemania. I have no comment on that but I guess it could happen.

In his most recent blog JR comments how he hopes Miz/morrison vs Colons for tag title unification happens at wrestlemania. I hope so too. Bout damn time the tag titles are back at wresltemania.

Based on this leaked script could it be possible that the IC belt could be defended at Wrestlemania? It would seem JBL wins the title before wrestlemania and defends against someone else other than CM Punk, since hes in MITB match.

We all know HHH is gonna close the show with a win against Orton. I don't have a problem with that except for the fact that it will be a sub-par match. Mark my words, it will not be considered one of the best of the night except by die hard HHH fans like D. Which is unfortunate.

Plus closing it with HHH vs. Orton just kinda makes sense based on the rest of the card. If it was Edge vs. Cena I would say that should close. But I don't think Edge/Cena/Show should close the show. HBK vs. Undertaker is going to be a classic match but I think a young star or precieved as a young star has to be involved in the last match at Wrestlemania 25. Hardy vs Hardy isn't big enough to close. And the Jericho fued wouldn't be right either. So that leaves Trips vs. Randy. A superstar vs. the up and coming superstar. Its just a shame, based on the last few years of watching HHH, that this match won't be stellar. Hopefully I'm wrong.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13464 on: March 08, 2009, 12:33:33 AM »

See dude, I think that is a bad attitude.

U are already damning HHH vs Orton and u want it to suck so bad, that no matter how great it is, it will suck cause u want it to.

Stephanie is costing HHH the belt.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #13465 on: March 08, 2009, 03:27:57 AM »

See dude, I think that is a bad attitude.

U are already damning HHH vs Orton and u want it to suck so bad, that no matter how great it is, it will suck cause u want it to.

Stephanie is costing HHH the belt.

I'm not damning it. Nor do I want it to suck so bad. I actually do enjoy some of HHH's stuff. And I think Orton is a superstar who is only getting better and better. History of the last few years just tells me that HHH vs. Anybody is not magical. He has had some great matches over the years. However, over the last several years, I find most of his matches quite average. I did not enjoy his fueds with Orton the first time, Cena, Batista. This list can go on and on. Maybe it was because I felt he was getting stale. I did find his change from heel to face refreshing. But it did not result in match quality going up. I admit there were times earlier in his career that HHH had some outstanding matches. I just can't think of any from trips in quite sometime. And because of that I just can't think that this match will be one.

Heres my opinion of HHH's Wrestle Mania matches over the years. The ones I can remember off the top of my head. Almost all of them I think:

Trips vs. Booker--crap fest.

HHH vs. HBK. vs. Benoit--good but not great.

HHH vs. Orton vs. Cena--decent.

HHH vs. Cena--sub-par.

HHH vs. Batista--Decent.

HHH vs. Jericho---decent.

HHH vs. Mick Foley vs. The Rock vs. Big Show--Actually was surprizingly entertaining.

I hope this match is great. Its going to close Wrestlemania 25 so of course I want that match to be special. Based on history, I just find it hard to believe that it will be. I hope I am wrong. I hope because expectations are low that I can be impressed.  smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #13466 on: March 08, 2009, 06:39:47 AM »

I think that Orton is the "Big" thing in wrestling these days. The legacy storyline could have been handled better IMO but his work has been top notch since his return.

I certainly wouldn't be suprised to see Orton walk out of Mania Champion and continue HHH's disasterous record at Mania.

I think HHH vs Orton should close even if it was Cena vs Edge for the WHC. I also think that HHH vs Orton will be better than most people expect and the crowd will be right into it. It won't be match of the night.... i'm 99% certain of that but i think it'll be better than the majority of WM main events in history.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13467 on: March 08, 2009, 10:03:49 AM »

Really? I'd rate that as one of the top 'Mania Main Events, 'twas a classic.

HHH vs. Cena--sub-par.

Really enjoyed this to.

I'm with D on this one, Orton via Steph heel turn!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13468 on: March 08, 2009, 10:52:28 AM »

I'm surprised at all this talk of a Steph heel turn. I know wrestling isn't known for making sense 100% of the time but why would Steph help Orton win? He RKO'd her, HHH is out for revenge. I guess it's possible but it just seems really random to me. How would they explain it??

Edit: BTW, what's happening in Hammy's avatar? I seem to remember the incident, but I forget who's involved/when it happened....
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 10:56:32 AM by BlowUpYourVideo » Logged

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13469 on: March 08, 2009, 12:17:48 PM »

I'm surprised at all this talk of a Steph heel turn. I know wrestling isn't known for making sense 100% of the time but why would Steph help Orton win? He RKO'd her, HHH is out for revenge. I guess it's possible but it just seems really random to me. How would they explain it??

The old, it was worth taking an RKO to screw over Hunter, and he fell for it "Hook, line and sinker" (Think Jeremy Irons, Die Hard With a Vengence)

Currently I'm living through WCW 1995.  And Flair pretended to fall out with Arn Anderson, including brawling with him week in week out and even getting beaten by him on PPV after Pillman helped Anderson.  He pleaded for Sting's help to take them out and eventually Sting trusted him (For like the 500th time, Sting really was dumb).  Then when they faced in Tag Action on PPV, Flair turned up late, and "Injured", but he was faking and he turned on Sting and reuinted with Anderson and with Pillman, they'd planned it all along, just to make Sting look stupid again, point is, she took an RKO, so what, if they are going down the sick and twisted route they can cover that.

Edit: BTW, what's happening in Hammy's avatar? I seem to remember the incident, but I forget who's involved/when it happened....
Undertaker in American Bad Ass mode taking Hogan for a ride round the backstage area and into some boxes!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13470 on: March 08, 2009, 01:51:05 PM »

Hmm...a Steph heel turn

I like the sound of it

A glorious scheme to lull Triple H into a fulse sense of security, join with Legacy and rule the Empire having already killed off Vince and Shane

Hell, it makes zero sense but it makes wrestling sense - a truly shocking ending to Mania, setting up a new order

..damn, thats so daft it will obviously happen and i've gone and ruined the surprise for myself!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 04:22:36 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #13471 on: March 08, 2009, 02:28:58 PM »

Orton wins cause Linda helps him.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #13472 on: March 08, 2009, 02:33:20 PM »

Interesting to note that this could be Triple H's sixth Wrestlemania main event. He's getting close to the Hulk Hogan record of seven (six if you don't count his match with Yokozuna at IX).

I thought Hogan had more than that..., Wrestlmania 1,2,3,5,6,7,8, and in 9 He was part of the double main event with Beefcake against Money Inc...I would also make the argument that Rock/Hogan was the main event at 18, and his match with McMahon at 19 was billed as the main event...more people remember that than the Angle/Lesner match
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #13473 on: March 08, 2009, 02:55:59 PM »

Really? I'd rate that as one of the top 'Mania Main Events, 'twas a classic.

HHH vs. Cena--sub-par.

Really enjoyed this to.

I'm with D on this one, Orton via Steph heel turn!

Maybe its because I'm not a fan of triple threat matches, but i just remember that one being good but not great. I'll re-watch it.

And the Cena match I remember having a great finish but overall being sub-par. I remember cheering for HHH in that match because i didnt like cena. It was a cool experience being around 200 other people with most of them screaming for Cena. I always enjoyed watching PPVs at a sports bar.  I also remember that wresltemania being kind of weak as a whole. I also for some reason keep thinking the Angle/Mysterio/Orton triple threat was short but pretty good.

I don't see Steph making a heel turn.

In order to be THE main event at wrestlemania you have to close the show. Rock/Hogan didnt close and neither did Hogan/vince. I liked Angle/Lesner. Though almost everything Angle did was good.  smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #13474 on: March 08, 2009, 03:30:26 PM »

You left out Wrestlemania 24.

Technically his championship match last year against Cena and Orton was a/the main event aswell.

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13475 on: March 08, 2009, 05:52:57 PM »

Technically his championship match last year against Cena and Orton was a/the main event aswell.
As high_times said, it's all about being the last match on the card  yes
Evolution
« Reply #13476 on: March 08, 2009, 06:04:00 PM »

Of course guys, the last match on the card is always the true main event, whether or not it gets overshadowed by something else. Last year was Edge's first Wrestlemania main event, it doesn't mean anything less because it was overshadowed by Michaels/Flair earlier in the night.
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #13477 on: March 08, 2009, 06:08:38 PM »

At Wrestlemania theres not really a "main event" because half the matches on the card are billed as one. Now "Wrestlemaina moments"...thats a different story.  smoking

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #13478 on: March 08, 2009, 06:11:40 PM »

At Wrestlemania theres not really a "main event" because half the matches on the card are billed as one. Now "Wrestlemaina moments"...thats a different story.  smoking
They still give priority to what they perceive as the superior match, THE match and mostly they are right, admittedly they made schoolboy errors like not letting Hogan vs Rock close the show, but that was politics.

Fuck the moments, the biggest match goes on last.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #13479 on: March 08, 2009, 06:27:06 PM »

Undertaker in American Bad Ass mode taking Hogan for a ride round the backstage area and into some boxes!

Ah yes, Hogan! I think I remember it now. Sort of. Heel Bikertaker was cool. Cool

Wrestlemania 19 is still my favourite PPV. And I quite liked HHH/Booker T. That was back when Jerry Lawler was still a heel announcer. Cheesy

Shame Lesnar tried the Shooting Star Press from the corner that he did when any other person would've gone for the opposite one but still, a good match.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: